PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else think Sandow isnt going to win when he cashes in?

Bad News Gertner
07-27-2013, 11:55 PM
Cole and JBL keep saying "Sandow's guaranteed to win", and you know what happens when that shit starts over and over......

JR: Barry Horowitz has never won a match.

Candido: he's so bad, he's never won a match

2 minutes later

Horowitz wins! Horowitz wins!

I guaran fucking tee Sandow cashes in MITB and loses.

screech
07-28-2013, 12:19 AM
Just like Percy Watson was going to be the face of the company by now?

screech
07-28-2013, 12:20 AM
If he does lose on his cash-in, it will be due to Cody Rhodes.

Theo Dious
07-28-2013, 12:31 AM
I think it's more likely that he'll lose the case in a match rather than fail the cash-in.

Curd
07-28-2013, 01:27 AM
I think they'll save the "wasted MITB contract" scenario to turn heel someone who's not already heel.

I could imagine them having Christian win MITB and then lose when he cashes in because it would suit his fit-ridden tantrum antics of when he's heeling it up. Christian could then go a psychotic streak of destruction (random backstage Conchairtos) before he's stopped by Cena, Undertaker, HHH, Mark Henry, whomever.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-28-2013, 01:49 AM
I think it's more likely that he'll lose the case in a match rather than fail the cash-in.

i hate that shit unless the guy gets hurt or suspended. MITB shouldn't be treated like a title that can be won or lost.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-28-2013, 02:52 AM
I think they'll save the "wasted MITB contract" scenario to turn heel someone who's not already heel.

I could imagine them having Christian win MITB and then lose when he cashes in because it would suit his fit-ridden tantrum antics of when he's heeling it up. Christian could then go a psychotic streak of destruction (random backstage Conchairtos) before he's stopped by Cena, Undertaker, HHH, Mark Henry, whomever.

I'm actually assuming Orton will be the one to lose.

I could see Orton cashing it in on DB after DB beats Cena, only to have DB beat Orton with a small package, and Orton flip his shit.

#1-norm-fan
07-28-2013, 03:16 AM
They've been hyping the "MITB winner is practically a lock to be champion" thing for the last few years and it hasn't mattered with the exception of Cena. No reason to put stock into it now. They just say it to keep people tuning in because it could happen at any time.

I can kinda see Rhodes winning the case though. Expecially if Del Rio retains.

Black Widow
07-28-2013, 05:19 AM
I Hope Sandow Wins Cause He Is One Of My Favs

xREDxONxYOUx
07-28-2013, 05:31 AM
I think the most likely scenario is...

Cody def. Sandow for the case at SS.

Cody tries to cash in and Sandow causes a DQ that results in Cody losing to further their fued.

Hitman84
07-28-2013, 06:00 AM

I could see Orton cashing it in on DB after DB beats Cena, only to have DB beat Orton with a small package, and Orton flip his shit.

I would fucking love that!

seapig4
07-28-2013, 06:59 AM

That would be awesome.

As far as Sandow goes I really hope that he doesn't lose the case before cashing in, as a heel he has no reason to put it up for grabs against Cody.
It pisses me off when they book things like that, like when Rey won the rumble and put the spot up against Orton.

whiteyford
07-28-2013, 07:27 AM
Yeah if anything I think Orton would lose it to start a heel turn but don't think either will or should.

Bad News Gertner
07-28-2013, 08:24 AM
Remember this thread

Bad News Gertner
07-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Just like Percy Watson was going to be the face of the company by now?

Lol it was the #2 face of the company

Skippord
07-28-2013, 08:30 AM
He isn't?

Bad News Gertner
07-28-2013, 08:33 AM
Well I said he was going to be so it has to be true

Skippord
07-28-2013, 08:40 AM
I swear he is

every episode of Raw he's on it doing something and Michael Cole is real bitchy towards Daniel Bryan for some reason

Ruien
07-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Cody will interfere during the cashin causing him to lose.

The Condor
07-28-2013, 10:36 AM
After finally watching this weeks Smackdown I say no. Del Rio is champ and appeared in one segment. Sandow ran that show from a great match with Orton to tremendously funny backstage segments and him and Cody ending the show. They're giving this guy the ball and he's running with it; they realize that he's such a good heel that he got an as of lately personality-defunct Cody Rhodes over as a face and his segments and matches are good. I see him having a Ziggler length run with the case and can see a post WM cash in.

Emperor Smeat
07-28-2013, 02:32 PM

Yeah I see Orton being more likely to fail than Sandow if it was a possibility. Similar to Cena, failing to cash in won't affect his star status and the idea of him flipping out and just thrashing Bryan would be a great way to turn heel.

whiteyford
07-28-2013, 04:44 PM
As a heel theres no reason for him to announce when hes cashing in, he has till next July, I'd actually like to see him cash in at 'Mania or something, give him a long steady build and get a big moment to use as a stepping stone to legitimate main event status rather than Raw or a lesser PPV.

seapig4
07-28-2013, 05:14 PM
I just don't see anyone cashing in at Wrestlemania, I'd love to see it one day but I don't think it'll happen for a while.

whiteyford
07-28-2013, 05:54 PM
I dunno, Bryan talked about doing it last year and they keep hyping the idea of a Wrestlemania moment, if they're intent on creating a new main eventer that would be a huge moment, and the fact it's a while off lets them build the guy up to the point where he's established in the fans eyes as a credible champion rather than just someone picking the bones.

#1-norm-fan
07-28-2013, 06:36 PM
I just don't see anyone cashing in at Wrestlemania, I'd love to see it one day but I don't think it'll happen for a while.

With the World title existing to let the WWE title have the main title focus, anything's possible. Hell, it gave them the chance to take a hyped up World Title match into WrestleMania and let it go 18 seconds so a surprise cash-in isn't really out of the question.

Mr. Nerfect
07-28-2013, 07:04 PM
I don't think it would make much sense for Sandow to lose if he cashes in. I can see him having a very short reign with the World Title if he does win it, but I definitely hope he wins the title. Either that or lose the briefcase in the meantime. It wouldn't be his choice to defend it. Vickie Guerrero would probably force him to or something. Cody Rhodes would then cash in honorably and get a short run with the title.

XCaliber
07-28-2013, 07:32 PM

This at least Cody has been a proven champion in the past although it was as a heel but regardless Sandow should be given a IC title run before he starts main eventing on a regular basis.

Hitman84
07-28-2013, 08:00 PM
This at least Cody has been a proven champion in the past although it was as a heel but regardless Sandow should be given a IC title run before he starts main eventing on a regular basis.

Quite agree... Sandow is good, but not main event level yet. I do like his promos, though.

SILENCE! I am about to speak to you slack-jawed ingoramusses!

You're welcome.

Bad News Gertner
07-28-2013, 10:19 PM
Sandow is and has been my fav wrestler in the WWE next to Heath Slater for ages.

James Steele
07-28-2013, 10:42 PM
What exactly about Damien Sandow isn't "main event ready"? While still "gimmicky" has he shown more and more emotions and depth. He is no longer just a shallow dickhead who uses big words.

Bad News Gertner
07-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Sandow's promo's are the best in the company in my opinion. Doesn't rely on "worked shoots", improvises with the crowd, doesn't get all flustered. He's a classic old school years.

whiteyford
07-29-2013, 04:09 AM
Quite agree... Sandow is good, but not main event level yet. .

That's the thing though, they've got till next July before he has to cash it in.

The Condor
07-29-2013, 10:01 AM
I don't get why people think he should hold the IC belt before the WHC. This board is a haven for people ripping that the IC title is meaningless and useless, so what's the sense of possibly killing Sandow's momentum?

Ultra Mantis
07-29-2013, 10:08 AM
The WHC is the IC title.

The Condor
07-29-2013, 10:51 AM
In that case, at least it looks better.

parkmania
07-29-2013, 03:42 PM
I was distracted a bit during the end of Smackdown - did we actually see Sandow get the briefcase out of the water? If Sandow doesn't make an appearance with the case on this week's SD (which I haven't read the spoiler for) it could be an opportunity for someone else to start a program with Sandow with a "Hey, look what I found" moment.

The Condor
07-29-2013, 04:18 PM
Kind of like Jim Duggan finding the TV title in a dumpster.

seapig4
07-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Only thing Sandow needs is maybe a new finisher.

Whats his current finisher anyway?

Mr. Nerfect
07-29-2013, 08:03 PM
He still uses Terminus (necktie neckbreaker), but he's also been using The Silencer (side effect) and has won a match with a Full Nelson Slam.

Mr. Nerfect
07-29-2013, 08:04 PM
I agree that Damien Sandow is great and disagree that he needs to be IC Champion first. Sandow holding the title for the sake of it won't help him or the title. The World Title is essentially an upper mid-card title these days anyway.

parkmania
07-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Kind of like Jim Duggan finding the TV title in a dumpster.

Precisely. I knew WWE had done something similar before, but I couldn't remember what it was. I thought it might have been Rock, Austin, or Foley.

Lux
07-30-2013, 03:59 PM
I will be wildly disappointed if he doesn't. he has it all. as JBL said, all he needs is that light switch to go on.

Ultra Mantis
07-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Precisely. I knew WWE had done something similar before, but I couldn't remember what it was. I thought it might have been Rock, Austin, or Foley.

It was Clothed Mideon with the European title.

whiteyford
07-30-2013, 05:44 PM
I agree that Damien Sandow is great and disagree that he needs to be IC Champion first. Sandow holding the title for the sake of it won't help him or the title. The World Title is essentially an upper mid-card title these days anyway.

That's the thing though, if he gets a push before winning it could help elevate the title again, everyone seems to be questioning his merit winning the title next week when he has 11 months to cash in and could be pushed to the moon by the time he does cash it in.

whiteyford
07-30-2013, 05:47 PM
Really he just needs a solid push, someone like HHH to get behind him and push him like a main event calibre star rather than the usual jobbing to everyone and getting a surprise seemingly random cash in on raw one week with no build.

Ultra Mantis
07-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Have they ever built up anyone holding the case apart from The Miz?

whiteyford
07-30-2013, 05:51 PM
They started to with Kennedy I think.

whiteyford
07-30-2013, 05:52 PM
And yet they wonder why guys don't get over as champions.

Ultra Mantis
07-30-2013, 05:58 PM
It's probably all Kennedy's fault. He broke Vince's heart and now he can never love building a Money In The Bank winner into a main event guy ever again.

whiteyford
07-30-2013, 06:41 PM
Knew I hated him for something.

parkmania
08-05-2013, 05:21 AM
It's probably all Kennedy's fault. He broke Vince's heart and now he can never love building a Money In The Bank winner into a main event guy ever again.

You broke my heart
Cuz you couldn't wrestle.
I didn't even want you around.
But now you're back
To show me
You can really shake em down.

Mr. Nerfect
08-05-2013, 05:47 AM
I would love it if Sandow started using his own version of Cross Rhodes, implying that Rhodes taught him the move when they were teaming, and called it "Sandow's Requiem" or something like that.

Also, if Sandow were really smart, he'd enlist Ted DiBiase's help in this feud against Cody. Ted DiBiase would disdain Rhodes due to Rhodes treating him like crap in the past. DiBiase could help Sandow beat Rhodes with the Money in the Bank briefcase on the line and then move Cody into a feud with him.

Bad News Gertner
10-28-2013, 10:05 PM
Suck my motherfucking dick

Signed: the PULSE of TPWW

Lux
10-31-2013, 02:41 AM
I will be wildly disappointed if he doesn't. he has it all. as JBL said, all he needs is that light switch to go on.

I am wildly disappointed.

Bad News Gertner
10-31-2013, 02:55 AM
Lol told ya it would happen. The whole "future world champ", was a dead givaway.

Theo Dious
10-31-2013, 07:09 PM
If he does lose on his cash-in, it will be due to Cody Rhodes.

HAHAHA you're such a loser.

Well poop on me. :shifty:

parkmania
10-31-2013, 10:29 PM
Still waiting for Cody to gain even more momentum by tagging with his brother, then shortly before next MITB PPV, he comes out with the somehow-still-seaweed-covered blue briefcase and cashes in the REAL contract.

Shadrick
11-01-2013, 06:55 AM
Still waiting for Cody to gain even more momentum by tagging with his brother, then shortly before next MITB PPV, he comes out with the somehow-still-seaweed-covered blue briefcase and cashes in the REAL contract.

if wwe showed off that kind of continuity....jesus.

Tommy Gunn
11-01-2013, 07:01 AM
How long has it been since Sandow has been in a feud? And not one of those 2 week feuds that just get's burned off on a pre-PPV kick-off show. He's not really done anything since battling with Cody in the summer.

Bad News Gertner
11-01-2013, 07:19 AM
Cole and JBL keep saying "Sandow's guaranteed to win", and you know what happens when that shit starts over and over......

JR: Barry Horowitz has never won a match.

Candido: he's so bad, he's never won a match

2 minutes later

Horowitz wins! Horowitz wins!

I guaran fucking tee Sandow cashes in MITB and loses.

Mmmmmmmmm

Mr. Nerfect
11-01-2013, 11:17 AM

I'd actually really mark out for that.

Mr. Nerfect
11-01-2013, 11:18 AM
To be fair, Gertner, although you did call it, I don't agree with the giveaways. Every MITB Winner gets treated with the same "guaranteed World Champion" thing.

Bad News Gertner
11-01-2013, 12:08 PM
This was overthetop this time.

Shadrick
11-01-2013, 03:37 PM
If Cody cashed in a seaweed covered contract, I'd be a WWE fan for life. FO LIFE.....

Mr. Nerfect
11-02-2013, 11:51 PM
This was overthetop this time.

Hmm, true. I came to the conclusion recently that losing when he cashed in would be best for Sandow. His gloating and his persona just lent themselves to that outcome. Sandow is an amazing talker and a great wrestler, but I like to think there is a line between a character and a gimmick. Sandow's shtick, a lot of the time, felt like it was more gimmick than character. It was fun, and there were times where he came off like Ted DiBiase, except he used mental superiority instead of financial superiority -- but Ted DiBiase was never the champion either. Granted, it's easier to be a champion now, and there are two World Championships, and Sandow was going for the second-tier one, but it still would have felt like a gimmick was your World Champion.

Sandow losing his cash-in match propels him forward. All the bragging, all the arrogance -- it has blown up in Sandow's face and left him with a massive chip on his shoulder. He can talk about how he's smarter than everyone all he likes -- he failed at picking his opportunity. Now we get to see a Sandow that has something to prove to the world, but more importantly, to himself.

They'll probably go with a rematch between John Cena and Alberto Del Rio for Survivor Series (I'm thinking it could be an I Quit Match, to play off Del Rio's vicious and arm-focused submission nature and Cena's reluctance to say die, but also Del Rio's earlier success in the match this year), but they could also have Cena star in the Survivor Series Elimination Match alongside Daniel Bryan and CM Punk against a team featuring the likes of Bray Wyatt, Alberto Del Rio and Damien Sandow. Just a thought.

Mr. Nerfect
11-02-2013, 11:53 PM
If Cody cashed in a seaweed covered contract, I'd be a WWE fan for life. FO LIFE.....

I'm marking out at the mere idea of it.

If The Authority angle goes past WrestleMania and Triple H has an untouchable heel champion he is proud of (imagine if it were a heel John Cena), and no one could really get a clear shot at the champ, but then Cody Rhodes came in and did this -- the pop would be HUGE!

Triple H could also appropriately decide not to honor the decision, since the contract was Damien Sandow's, the contract had been used, and the contract was specifically for the World Heavyweight Championship, while John Cena by this point had unified it with the WWE Title, thus making the title shot invalid. The moment itself could cement Cody's star and set him up as a legitimate challenger.

Or the World Titles could still be separate and Cody could successful cash-in and rule supreme forever. Whichever.

XL
11-06-2013, 12:47 PM
I'm marking out at the mere idea of it.

If The Authority angle goes past WrestleMania and Triple H has an untouchable heel champion he is proud of (imagine if it were a heel John Cena), and no one could really get a clear shot at the champ, but then Cody Rhodes came in and did this -- the pop would be HUGE!

Triple H could also appropriately decide not to honor the decision, since the contract was Damien Sandow's, the contract had been used, and the contract was specifically for the World Heavyweight Championship, while John Cena by this point had unified it with the WWE Title, thus making the title shot invalid. The moment itself could cement Cody's star and set him up as a legitimate challenger.
Well we're already recycling the DB-Authority stuff with Big Show. Might as well go a third time with Cody.