PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers - SMACKDOWN - August 9th

slik
08-06-2013, 09:47 PM
1. Randy Orton pinned Rob Van Dam clean to kick off the show. The match went just under 13 minutes. Orton nailed RVD with a RKO after Van Damn missed a five-star frog splash.

*MizTV featuring AJ Lee with Big E. Langston. Dolph Ziggler interrupted the interview. Kaitlyn came out and interrupted as well. Miz booked a SummerSlam match on the fly due to his role as the SummerSlam host - AJ and Big E Langston vs. Ziggler and Kaitlyn. Lee and Langston jumped Ziggler and Kaitlyn. The babyfaces came back and hit each of their finishers, leaving Big E and AJ lying in the ring.

2. Fandango pinned Kofi Kingston in his return to action on Smackdown. Fandango won following a leg drop off the top rope in just under five minutes.

3. Daniel Bryan defeated Wade Barrett by submission with the no-lock in a short four-minute match. Barrett is now clean-shaven.

4. Kane defeated Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre, and Jinder Mahal in a handicap match in about 90 seconds. Kane chokeslammed Jinder for the win. Afterwards the Wyatt Family appeared on the titantron and Bray Wyatt cut a promo on Kane.

5. Christian pinned Alberto Del Rio in a non-title match in just under 20 minutes. Christian won with a small package. After the match Del Rio jumped Christian, but Christian reversed it into an unprettier. Christian headed up the ramp afterward, leaving Del Rio out cold in the ring.

*Damien Sandow charged the ring with a ref and his briefcase. Before the bell could ring, Cody Rhodes ran down to the ring and climbed up the top rope and hit a flying body press to break up any attempt by Sandow to take Del Rio's title.

Razzamajazz
08-06-2013, 09:49 PM
1. Randy Orton defeated Rob Van Dam

...more to come

if the match was the full 2 hours, then i'd watch

#1-norm-fan
08-06-2013, 10:50 PM
2. Fandango pinned Kofi Kingston in his return to action on Smackdown. Fandango won following a leg drop off the top rope in just under five minutes.

Good! Seems like they're heading toward the typical short attention span start/stop push with Fandango already. He needed a win to break it up, even if it was just on Smackdown.

slik
08-06-2013, 11:09 PM
Sounds like a pretty good episode of SMACKDOWN tbh

glanville6
08-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Great. Del Rio wins at Summerslam probably. God damnit.

Wake Up Call
08-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Great. Del Rio wins at Summerslam probably. God damnit.

It's advertised as Del Rio vs Christian (World Heavyweight Champion) for house shows up in Canada. Which doesn't mean much, but does make one say hmmm

screech
08-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Seems like a good show. Wish I got Syfy.

screech
08-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Wait it'll be on YouTube Friday sometime. Sweet

Savio
08-07-2013, 02:35 PM
If I was Cody and Wrestling was real I would wait until after the bell rung to interfere.

Shisen Kopf
08-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Well?

slik
08-07-2013, 06:34 PM
It sounds like an above-average show Shisen.

Break out the VHS.

ClockShot
08-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Quite the sandwich. A nice long match to start, some short ones inbetween, and a 20 minute match to end.

Mr. Nerfect
08-08-2013, 12:56 AM
Christian vs. Del Rio sounds great, but I'm not sure if they should be giving it away on free TV. I guess their thinking is that if Christian can prove he can constantly defeat Del Rio, people will invest in him. I would have gone with Christian beating RVD and Orton losing to Del Rio, personally. Maybe Bryan could have figured into the Orton/Del Rio decision as payback from RAW?