PDA

View Full Version : Sheamus injured -- out until WM XXX

slik
08-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Sheamus has injured his shoulder and will require surgery. Likely out until WMXXX.

www.wwe.com/inside/sheamus-suffers-injury (http://www.wwe.com/inside/sheamus-suffers-injury)

Skippord
08-07-2013, 12:43 PM
I don't see why they needed to text me about this at 7 in the morning

Lock Jaw
08-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Could be the shot in the arm, pun intended, that Sheamus needs to respark interest when he comes back.

slik
08-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Hopefully his character will return as less of a Bully.

slik
08-07-2013, 12:45 PM
I don't see why they needed to text me about this at 7 in the morning

MORNIN' FELLA

ron the dial
08-07-2013, 12:46 PM
hate to say it, but i'm not going to miss him. hopefully they take this opportunity to try and breathe some new life into his character upon his return.

screech
08-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Sucks, but it could be good to refresh his character. Felt the same way with Kofi. Both kinda got "stuck."

screech
08-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Note to self: read threads before posting "original" thoughts.

DrCrawford
08-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Why couldn't this happen to Orton.

Frank Drebin
08-07-2013, 12:59 PM
hate to say it, but i'm not going to miss him. hopefully they take this opportunity to try and breathe some new life into his character upon his return.

:y:

Wake Up Call
08-07-2013, 01:04 PM
This is terrible news, I enjoyed his work in the ring. Hopefully he has a great recovery and comes back ready to go

MoFo
08-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Royal Rumble comebak

whiteyford
08-07-2013, 01:24 PM
You don't want him injured but like a few others have said it should allow him to come back fresh.

Corporate CockSnogger
08-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Damn Sheamus is great. Hope they give him a huge return after it and not something a bit lacklustre. Could be the difference between him being a huge deal or just end up floating around the main event but not really making too much noise again.

Innovator
08-07-2013, 01:26 PM
While his character turned into shit, I loved his in ring stuff. Hopefully he recovers quickly.

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Y is it never Cena?

Lock Jaw
08-07-2013, 01:38 PM
While his character turned into shit, I loved his in ring stuff. Hopefully he recovers quickly.

I agree with this statement.

screech
08-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Why couldn't this happen to Orton.

Y is it never Cena?

What kind of dickheads hope people get injured?

Anybody Thrilla
08-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Pretty much what everyone else thinks for me. Love his in-ring. Character-wise, couldn't give less of a fuck. Sucks that he's hurt, though.

I still think that his match with Daniel Bryan at Extreme Rules is one of the best matches of all time.

legendkillerRKO
08-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Aaaaand we have this years amazing, inspirational Royal Rumble surprise entrant, comeback winner who comes back before he should to earn his spot at Mania. Bleh. Spare me. Guess its more time for Sheamus to stroke HHH...literally

djoutcry
08-07-2013, 01:56 PM

Took the words out of my mouth

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-07-2013, 02:02 PM

People sick of seeing these assholes ruining the sport we love.

Ultra Mantis
08-07-2013, 02:11 PM
They should carry on doing the Dial-A-Fella gimmick while he's injured, but have him move away from the bullying dick to being a man desperate to pay his increasing medical bills. Give his character some humanity.

Emperor Smeat
08-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Was wondering what happened to him recently since he stopped showing up on tv the past few weeks and had nothing going on for Summerslam.

Agree with everyone else about Sheamus being great with matches but his character was getting really stale. Even the 1-800-Fella was just the same stuff of him acting like a dickhead to everyone.

screech
08-07-2013, 02:18 PM

Might be your funniest/most ridiculous post.

Anybody Thrilla
08-07-2013, 02:32 PM
STD, are you even serious right now?

Savio
08-07-2013, 02:32 PM
He was starting to get lost in the shuffle, hopefully he comes back as a bad ass submission machine.

DrCrawford
08-07-2013, 02:52 PM
This kind of dickhead. Orton sucks.

Never said he needs to have his arm cut off or anything like that. he should go punch the mat again and mess up his elbow. I don't like seeing him on my TV.

The Condor
08-07-2013, 02:53 PM

Took the words out of my mouth

And the dick! #snarkytroll

ron the dial
08-07-2013, 02:56 PM

Never said he needs to have his arm cut off or anything like that. he should go punch the mat again and mess up his elbow. I don't like seeing him on my TV.
you can always change the channel.

DaveBrawl
08-07-2013, 03:00 PM
You know who won't be able too? Orton after punching the mat and messing up his elbow...

That was funnier in my head...

Kris P Lettus
08-07-2013, 03:08 PM

LOL

Corporate CockSnogger
08-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Cena and Orton are so much better than the workrate kickpad fannies.

VSG
08-07-2013, 03:23 PM
STD, are you even serious right now?

He is always serious

Tazz Dan
08-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Maybe he should remember that the time it was Cena, he came back at number 30 in the rumble, and won. Going by his logic, nothing would effectively change anyway.

Cool King
08-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Just like other people have said, I too can see him returning during the Royal Rumble match, just like Cena did in 2008.

Also, I too like his ring stuff, but his character was pretty "hmm". Hopefully he has a quick recovery and returns with a new fresh character.

screech
08-07-2013, 06:08 PM

So why does he need to get hurt? He could get suspended or film a movie.

Or you could just not watch when he's on TV.

screech
08-07-2013, 06:08 PM
You know who won't be able too? Orton after punching the mat and messing up his elbow...

That was funnier in my head...

Lol

Ultra Mantis
08-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Hey God, it's DrCrawford... from tpwwforums.com... I really hate Randy Orton. If you could just kill him that would be tight.

Corndad
08-07-2013, 08:04 PM
It's unfortunate for him but honestly couldn't come at a better time. He was stale and needed time away to either reboot his Face Character or go back to the Heel that got him to Main Event/Upper Midcard in the first place.

owenbrown
08-07-2013, 08:30 PM
what's Afterlife's take on this?

#1-norm-fan
08-07-2013, 08:44 PM
That sucks. The guy is a great talent. He just suffers from creatives inability to focus on more than 5 or 6 characters at once and hence lost all the momentum he had after what was a pretty good title reign. Since beating Cena for the title years ago, he's been one of the biggest victims of the retarded start/stop pushes tactic.

Bad News Gertner
08-07-2013, 09:39 PM
He's the best big man wrestler in the company. This is a big loss.

road doggy dogg
08-07-2013, 10:25 PM
This thread would be so much more fun if it were, like I originally thought when reading the title, "Sheamus island -- out until WM XXX"

Mr. Nerfect
08-08-2013, 01:06 AM
Sheamus is a fantastic worker, but I'm not the biggest fan of his character. It sucks he's hurt, but the time away might recharge his batteries a fair bit and actually be beneficial to his position on the WrestleMania card next year.

Black Widow
08-08-2013, 01:40 AM
This is terrible news, I enjoyed his work in the ring. Hopefully he has a great recovery and comes back ready to go

DAMN iNATOR
08-08-2013, 08:08 AM
you can always change the channel.

Or...OR...Orton and Cena could try learning the definition of the word "vacation". :-\

voncouch
08-08-2013, 09:31 AM
I think most of us are in agreement that he needed some time off. He's a pretty solid in-ring worker if you put him against someone who compliments him, but he's gotten pretty dull lately. I wish he could have taken this time to do a movie or just rest up rather than getting hurt, it doesn't sound career-threatening and I think this will end up for the best.

Tommy Gunn
08-08-2013, 12:02 PM
He's one of those guys who has trouble sustaining an interesting feud outside of the title picture. If he's not defending champion or number one contender, he's cold as ice!

Curd
08-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Damn Sheamus is great. Hope they give him a huge return after it and not something a bit lacklustre. Could be the difference between him being a huge deal or just end up floating around the main event but not really making too much noise again.

Yeah, this could be HHH 2002 all over again.

Graveler
08-08-2013, 03:53 PM
It's terrible that he's injured. I hate his childish bully character, but I'd be lying if I said he isn't one of the best big guys in the company. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Lux
08-08-2013, 08:17 PM
if he doesn't return a heel, I will know wrestling is all a work and scripted (at times horribly).

#1-norm-fan
08-08-2013, 08:26 PM
People complain about his "childish bully" character. I've said before it's exaggerated but even if you see it that way, at least he's doing it against douchebag heels who you want to see get put in their place.

Why does it seem like no one was complaining when Kane chokeslamed Daniel Bryan after their match on Raw last week? That was a shitload more randomly heelish for a face than anything Sheamus ever did.

Theo Dious
08-08-2013, 10:25 PM
People complain about his "childish bully" character. I've said before it's exaggerated but even if you see it that way, at least he's doing it against douchebag heels who you want to see get put in their place.

Why does it seem like no one was complaining when Kane chokeslamed Daniel Bryan after their match on Raw last week? That was a shitload more randomly heelish for a face than anything Sheamus ever did.

The people who bitch about Sheamus's "bullying" (at least, the ones who aren't trolling) do it because of WWE's anti-bullying bandwagonry. It's standard smark "aha! I've got you now!" mentality that makes them feel superior to Vince McMahon, who we all know is EVUL.

Sheamus isn't a bully, he's a guy who stands in the way of dickheads and actual bullies. However, admitting that they understand this robs people of their opportunity to feel smarter than someone else. Though I may be giving them too much credit; these are probably the same people who couldn't understand why Muhummad Hassan got booed.

Poit
08-08-2013, 10:50 PM

Because he got instant comeuppance for that, when he was attacked by the Wyatt Family and didn't have his best friend there to save him.

#1-norm-fan
08-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Him getting comeuppance for it didn't make what he did less of a random total dick heel move. It makes The Wyatt Family the heros for justly dolling out punishment to Kane for being an asshole.

#1-norm-fan
08-08-2013, 10:54 PM
So the feud with Mark Henry and the feud with Sandow where people complained about Sheamus being a dick would have been fine within his face character if he got his comeuppance in the end?

screech
08-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Kane switches between face and heel so often it's a moot point. Plus he is awesome.

And there is going to be a See No Evil 2 :y:

Poit
08-08-2013, 11:11 PM
It was no more of a dick heel move than when Bryan attacked Orton & Punk before Money in the Bank. The comeuppance didn't make it right, it was just a reason people didn't complain.

And yes, if Sheamus did get his comeuppance in the end, I think there would have been fewer complaints.

Emperor Smeat
08-08-2013, 11:24 PM
My problem with Sheamus is him overdoing being a dickhead or a sore loser as a face. Its one thing if its part of him getting revenge but its another if the majority of the time he just acts like a dick for no real reason.

For example, his feud with Sandow was him resorting to acting like a huge sore loser or as a bully anytime he lost or was outsmarted. Against Henry, he was acting more as a heel than Henry was for a good portion of their feud.

Its not just him doing this as a face since several faces also do something similar albeit not as frequently as Sheamus. Best current example would be the Cody-Sandow feud where Cody has acted as the bigger bully of the two well beyond getting revenge for the initial thing that caused the feud to begin.

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Dial a Fella was pretty funny. I really liked how people got all offended by him stealing the girl. His character was getting staler than last March's soda bread though. Hopefully he can come back with a major push and new direction.

Fignuts
08-09-2013, 12:29 AM
Kane attacked Bryan after the match because he's Kane. He's almost like stone cold, in that he can attack faces and still get cheered, because its just expected at this point, and seeing him kick anyone's ass is a lot of fun.

Tom Guycott
08-09-2013, 12:31 AM
You don't want him injured but like a few others have said it should allow him to come back fresh.

This is why WWE should allow for vacations (written off as kayfabe injuries and such) instead of being worked to death under fear of losing their footing or released. It shouldn't take people separating shoulders or tearing quads to be FORCED to take time away. Even as little as a month to 6 weeks (which, in reality, is only a handfull of shows in relation to the entire year... and only about 8 realistic televised appearances) could actually cut down on the ammount of injuries and massive lost time in the career of a worker.

It also does give them that shot in the arm when they come back after a "I wonder what happen'd to...", and gives the worker a bit of a break from beating themselves up.

Not counting people with Undertaker, Rock, or Jericho status... people who earned the right to go fuck off and come back whenever they please. Brock doesn't count either, since he's more of an attraction with the limited dates thing as well as his other career.

Corporate CockSnogger
08-09-2013, 06:38 AM
What's up with the Sheamus is a bully stuff? Granted I haven't watched Smackdown in years and that's where I believe most of his promos are shown, but is his stuff really more bully-esque than Stone Cold, DX, The Rock, Jericho etc?

Seems like such a dumb thing to complain about. If he didn't have more of a "pranking" side to him, people would say he was too much of a superface like Cena. The internet.

Savio
08-09-2013, 08:21 AM
HBK SuperKicked an 8 year old girl

#1-norm-fan
08-09-2013, 03:15 PM
What's up with the Sheamus is a bully stuff? Granted I haven't watched Smackdown in years and that's where I believe most of his promos are shown, but is his stuff really more bully-esque than Stone Cold, DX, The Rock, Jericho etc?

Seems like such a dumb thing to complain about. If he didn't have more of a "pranking" side to him, people would say he was too much of a superface like Cena. The internet.

It's especially ridiculous considering Mark Henry randomly attacked Sheamus backstage twice to start the feud just because "that's what he does". This was followed by Sheamus embarrassing Henry and making him look silly a couple times... and people instantly complaining that Sheamus was being a bully.

It makes absolutely no sense.

bigslimjj
08-09-2013, 03:45 PM
I know why he is injured.....TOO MANY LIMES!!!!!! TOO MANY LIMES!!!!!!!!!

Fignuts
08-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Ah haaaa

DAMN iNATOR
08-10-2013, 03:07 PM
I feel like it’s been far too long since we’ve seen Kane get pushed so far beyond furious that he just tombstones the fuck out of somebody.

Ultra Mantis
08-10-2013, 06:01 PM

Bryan and Kane's whole super over tag gimmick hinged on the fact that they were absolute dicks to one another.

#1-norm-fan
08-10-2013, 10:41 PM
They moved past that a long time ago. Their last real interaction was Kane trying to raise Bryan's self-confidence convince him that no one found him to be a weak link.

screech
08-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Still counts because Kane

Fignuts
08-11-2013, 05:05 AM
Yup. Screech gets it.

Dark One
08-11-2013, 05:23 AM
HBK SuperKicked an 8 year old girl

Just because:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/s3ijv7MR4y4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dronepool
08-11-2013, 06:58 PM
I don't dislike him but his character is boring so I won't miss him on TV but yeah, best wishes to him recovering.

GD
09-25-2013, 11:17 AM

I don't get the hate for Cena. He's constantly trying to put up good matches at pay-per-views and majority of the big matches from the last few years have featured him. He is not as bad as people portray him to be. You might argue that his promos are terrible but you have to understand that they are not geared towards us. Also, he is the biggest superstar in the company since Hogan, Austin and The Rock (whether you like it or not).

Ruien
09-25-2013, 12:24 PM
The IWC wants Cena to be a heel so it is okay to like him. Until that happens, the IWC will continue to hate on Cena.

Anybody Thrilla
09-25-2013, 06:03 PM
I like Cena. Especially when he gets into that smug 'what are you really gonna do about it?' mode.

Savio
09-25-2013, 08:00 PM
People don't like Cena because for some reason WWE tries to always have him "over comes the odds" and he always does.

Then when he doesn't win a match against one opponent (Rock) he says if he can't beat him in his rematch he will become the "Donovan McNabb of the WWE"

Anybody Thrilla
09-26-2013, 02:31 AM
So you're saying that Cena's mom is going to do soup commercials?

Mr. Nerfect
09-26-2013, 06:37 AM
The reason I don't enjoy Sheamus' babyface character too much (his ring work is tremendous), is because he's the sort of dick that thinks he's funny and is actually a massive prick. No, not a bully -- his character just seems the sort to slap you too hard in the back after telling a racist joke.

I wonder how Sheamus' ring work would go as a heel these days. I almost wouldn't want to see him turn, just because he is amazing in the ring as a face. With Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan as faces, though, it might be worth it to see those sort of matches again.

Poit
09-27-2013, 03:57 AM
Perhaps Sheamus could do well as part of a face tag team, so he can still be the brawling good guy in the ring, but he doesn't need to be the driving force of his story.

GD
09-27-2013, 09:45 AM
According to the reliable dirt sheets, Sheamus shall return as a heel. I approve of it since Sheamus has been extremely bland as face.

#1-norm-fan
09-27-2013, 11:53 AM
I don't like it. WWE's booking of heels are nearly all the same. He's more interesting as the brawler who can have smile and have a good time than as the evil brawler who scares no one because he's a giant pussy for some reason.

Saving Grace
09-27-2013, 07:44 PM
i'd would love them to bring him back as a Heel with the bully mentality he kind of had as a face but turn the volume up on it like 25 times and give him a mentor/manager to be his mouthpiece add to the gimmick, finlay or william regal both either being a heel would add to his character.

Cool King
09-27-2013, 08:40 PM
According to the reliable dirt sheets, Sheamus shall return as a heel. I approve of it since Sheamus has been extremely bland as face.

I agree, though just before his injury and pretty much all of this year, he's actually not been that bad as a face. But from his beginnings as a face up until this year, he was just awful.

Cool King
09-27-2013, 08:40 PM
I don't like it. WWE's booking of heels are nearly all the same. He's more interesting as the brawler who can have smile and have a good time than as the evil brawler who scares no one because he's a giant pussy for some reason.

You can say the same about how faces are booked. Sheamus is a good example also. When he turned face, he was all smiles, high fiving the kids and playing jokes on the heels. That's what I found to be so bland about him.

The WWE's booking of faces are nearly all the same too. They just smile like they're constantly doped up on some kind of happy drug, interact with the kids and "joke around", usually at the expense of a heel.

Sheamus did it, Dolph Ziggler is now doing it, Del Rio did it, Mark Henry did it, Kofi Kingston does it, Big Show did it, Tyson Kidd does it and Justin Gabriel does it. All those guys have done it all and I know all of them are at the least, guilty of the "look at me, I'm constantly smiling and that means I'm a good guy" thing.

I'm not one of "those guys" who thinks "heel r cool" and that everyone has to be a heel, or whatever, but I honestly think Sheamus is at his best as a heel. Seeing him return as a good guy and then do something to a face that would shock Sheamus' fans, would be a good thing to see.

He could return during the Royal Rumble match, help out some big face, then when the final four men are in the ring, which would be "Heel #1", "Heel #2", Sheamus and "Face who is receiving Sheamus' help", they attack the two heels but Sheamus then backstabs the face by hitting him with a Brogue Kick and then eliminating him, who in return, eliminates Sheamus as revenge, leading to a match between the two at WrestleMania.