PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the Usos?

Anybody Thrilla
08-15-2013, 04:52 AM
They're clearly capable of working great matches, but I just can't fully get into them. I don't know if it's the lame gimmick or what. I'm assuming the push is coming from the Total Divas show, but do you think it will continue on after that?

I remember enjoying their characters when they first debuted. They were basically saying that they were the anti-typical Samoans, and I thought that could have worked, but they didn't really get much of a chance to do anything with that. Now, they're...typical Samoans. Exactly what they were originally saying they didn't want to be, and it's very MEH.

I'm rambling now. Say anything you want to about the Usos.

Tazz Dan
08-15-2013, 04:55 AM
They're not bad

Tazz Dan
08-15-2013, 04:57 AM
High Energy > Uso's > Power & Glory

Rammsteinmad
08-15-2013, 05:00 AM
I can watch them, but I don't get all pissy if they're not on the show.

It's pointless either way, coz whatever recent push they're getting now will either be given to another tag team soon enough, or will just vanish again after this recent attempt at a tag team resurgence dies down.

Skippord
08-15-2013, 05:22 AM
I think they're pretty good at actually wrestling

otherwise they're whatever

Hanso Amore
08-15-2013, 05:37 AM
I hate the stupid look they have

Fake pleather tag of sorts in the back pocket? Lame

Hanso Amore
08-15-2013, 05:41 AM
Besides cosmetics I feel exactly the same as thrilla.

I think the we say ooo you say oooohhh is a good Schtick that's about all I can say about that.

Juan
08-15-2013, 05:44 AM
I think they're pretty good at actually wrestling

otherwise they're whatever

This ^

Tommy Gunn
08-15-2013, 06:02 AM
They're not bad in the ring at all, but they stink of jobberdom.

Shadrick
08-15-2013, 06:53 AM
I really like them. When WWE got more into social media I was able to see that they actually have really dope personalities. I wish they got more camera time, I'd be game for it.

XL
08-15-2013, 07:05 AM
Dispite what others say, they are over - or as over as a tag team can be in the current climate. The "We say Us"/"You say O" thing does get a reaction. However, much like Thrilla, I feel there is nothing to hook an audience into them, they have just become a slighly more modern version of the Wild Samoans.

Maybe they need to mention that they're Samoan a bit more?

Chavo Classic
08-15-2013, 07:07 AM
They're stuck with a horrible gimmick that stinks of the 90's, but like everyone has alluded to so far, they can wrestle.
With a total make-over and some consistent matches against strong opposition there's no reason why they couldn't be a draw.

ron the dial
08-15-2013, 08:16 AM
i've always enjoyed their matches and think they have a good look, i just haven't been given a reason to care. and total divas is still not a reason. if they can keep the momentum going and put them in a meaningful feud, i would have no problem supporting them. as it stands, i'm still waiting for more.

Cuse8
08-15-2013, 08:49 AM
i really dig their intro.

outside of kane theyre the only other wrestler right now who has pyro.. i think?

The Condor
08-15-2013, 10:13 AM
They're Alright, I just don't have a reason to care. Jey (or Jimmy?) dating Naomi doesn't make me care any more or any less.

Shadrick
08-15-2013, 10:40 AM
i really dig their intro.

outside of kane theyre the only other wrestler right now who has pyro.. i think?

Brock, Kofi, Big Show (only when face), Jericho when he's around, not sure if RVD still has it.

Emperor Smeat
08-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Decent tag team but suffer the same lack of real direction almost every team has because of the weak division.

Tommy Gunn
08-15-2013, 12:20 PM
The "We say Us"/"You say O" thing does get a reaction.

So does "What's Up?!", but R-Truth keeps jerkin' that curtain.

Volare
08-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Too much up down time with them, they're hot, they're gone, they're jobbing, they're pushed...I mean damn.

bigslimjj
08-15-2013, 02:12 PM
I think they need to adopt the double stink face into their arsenal. Then they got something.

Lock Jaw
08-15-2013, 02:16 PM
I like them. They put on good matches. Of course, they are forever going to be stuck in a division that the WWE has treated as an afterthought for years.

I have noticed that they are getting more over with the crowd (probably due to them actually appearing on the main shows now). Before when they would do the "When we say U, ya'll say SO" thing and it would get like zero reaction. Now people actually do it.

Curtis
08-15-2013, 02:35 PM
I think that when they say U! I say SOs! And when they say SOS! I think U suck ass go back to samoa u faaat asses, Scott Steiner gonna destroy u in a tag team match in WcW Saturday Night Live action Dough Basham doughboy ghostbusters.

bigslimjj
08-15-2013, 02:53 PM
I think that when they say U! I say SOs! And when they say SOS! I think U suck ass go back to samoa u faaat asses, Scott Steiner gonna destroy u in a tag team match in WcW Saturday Night Live action Dough Basham doughboy ghostbusters.WHAT?

Curd
08-15-2013, 08:36 PM
The Usos would get more heat if they had a more dramatic double team finisher such as Jimmy holding the opponent in a vertical suplex while Jey does a top-rope cross body (seeing how Jey tends to climb the ropes more often).

Curd
08-15-2013, 08:44 PM
They should seriously turn into arrogant heels who smugly call out their catchphrase "Oooh-" (pause for boos) "-Sooohs!" similar to how 2003 heel Rock timed his speech.

The Usos can turn by criticizing Tons of Funk for "mocking the athleticism of our sport" with their "asinine dancing" and maybe mock them in a skit. Then, have a dance contest of Usos' haka or whatever their dance is called versus Brodus and Tensai getting funky.

The latter obviously win the popularity contest but are destroyed by the Usos. They face at a PPV, and the Usos win by a hair!

screech
08-15-2013, 08:44 PM
They're great in the ring. Other than that, meh. I was watching main event yesterday and was wondering when we'd see a double stink face come into play.

Curtis
08-15-2013, 08:52 PM
WHAT?

Shut up and stop stealing ElPressadors line which u use as yr user title.

U aint even 3/4ths of the man ELPRES is,

Hes a BEAST and yr a little weakling

Wake Up Call
08-15-2013, 09:28 PM
The way I see it, there is no tag division, so how can one evaluate this tag team as opposed to any other, which there are none.

Hmmm?

Razzamajazz
08-16-2013, 05:55 PM
The way I see it, there is no tag division, so how can one evaluate this tag team as opposed to any other, which there are none.

Hmmm?

there aren't any other tag teams? huh?

i really want to like the OOOOOOO- SOOOOOOs
but like stated above they have the stink of jobberdom. the stupid face paint doesn't help either.

Savio
08-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Jimmy sucks (Jey's A'ight)

parkmania
08-16-2013, 06:12 PM
The haka they do is part of the reason I can't get into them.

whiteyford
08-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Too much up down time with them, they're hot, they're gone, they're jobbing, they're pushed...I mean damn.

Pretty much this. There's no direction with the division as a whole and I can't see them as anything other than jobbers which is a shame because I enjoy them.

Corporate CockSnogger
08-16-2013, 06:29 PM
They stole Billy Gunn's colour scheme. Fire them.

Corndad
08-16-2013, 07:04 PM
The Pre-show match they had with the Shield at MITB was fantastic. They can go in the ring if given the time but that seems to be the problem with any Tag Team now, just not given the time to get over. One month they got a hot push, the next jobbing out on Main Event. Its tough to get behind that but if given a solid push could see them at least holding the Titles for a little bit.

Tommy Gunn
08-17-2013, 06:01 AM
When we say job you say 'bers!

mike adamle
08-17-2013, 06:14 AM
Although I did enjoy their match with The Shield I think it was due to The Shield being awesome. I'll forever think of them as a poor man's Headshrinkers. Also think their splashes off the top rope are some of the ugliest moves I've ever seen.

#1-norm-fan
08-17-2013, 06:33 AM
If there was a legit tag division, they'd be a pretty fucking sweet addition. As it stands, they just exist in the wrong time. I wish to see them feud with Demolition or The Quebecers.

Mr. Nerfect
08-17-2013, 11:10 PM
I like The Usos enough. They have good matches and personalities. I just don't care about them as much as I could, especially compared to other teams the WWE has. I'd like their interactions with The Real Americans to continue.

Mr. Nerfect
08-17-2013, 11:11 PM
I've entertained the idea of Jack Swagger & Antonio Cesaro coming out with custom belts and declaring themselves "the United States Tag Team Champions." The Usos could get a US Tag Team Title reign before putting them on the line against the real Tag Team Champions and "unifying" the titles.

Curd
08-18-2013, 06:11 AM
The Usos should wear tribal masks while doing their 'thang...

...errr...

...their HAKA! :)

dronepool
08-18-2013, 05:10 PM
I don't find them entertaining and don't care for them.

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-18-2013, 05:11 PM
They're over. WWE is finally realizing that.

Ultra Mantis
08-18-2013, 05:16 PM
They're not over. Not over. Not over. Not over yet.

They have improved a lot since their rushed "We're only here because Carlito got fired" debut and I like how they're bringing back the face paint tag team gimmick. They really need some time to develop personalities and connect with the audience, but then so does most of the roster and the Usos are pretty low on the list of guys I would like to see get that time.

Ok/10

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-18-2013, 05:18 PM
You trying to convince yourself they're not over by saying it a few times? Won't make it not true.

Ultra Mantis
08-18-2013, 05:20 PM
No, that is not what I'm doing at all STD.

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-18-2013, 05:22 PM
Crowd pops for them. They never don't say "SO" when they say Us.

Ultra Mantis
08-18-2013, 05:31 PM
They have done that plenty of times where the crowd hasn't reacted. Even then, audience participation doesn't mean you're over. You ask an audience that wants to cheer to cheer and they're going to cheer. "Whats up?" etc. Only time I can remember them getting an actual "pop" was when they came in to fight off the Shield at MITB.

Mr. Nerfect
08-20-2013, 06:15 PM
I like their current little rivalry with different variations of 3MB. It can't go on forever, but I'd like to see them beat Drew McIntyre & Jinder Mahal next.

Curd
08-20-2013, 06:30 PM
I like their current little rivalry with different variations of 3MB. It can't go on forever, but I'd like to see them beat Drew McIntyre & Jinder Mahal next.

Then they realize they'll still be jobbers fighting each other no matter who wins, so they team up like a new Spirit Squad and face five upper midcarders at Survivor Series.

Anybody Thrilla
08-23-2013, 04:20 AM

Hahaha, why though?

Skippord
08-23-2013, 08:19 AM
3MB is better than the Uso's

Drew McIntyre for life

Mr. Nerfect
08-24-2013, 10:51 PM
Drew McIntyre is really awesome. But then again, so is Heath Slater. Jinder can be good. McIntyre should really be a part of the new Corporation. He could turn on Mahal and Slater and then go over both. Then put Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater back together as a babyface tag team. Mahal can start playing up being Canadian and he starts stalking Christian and talks about being his biggest fan. After Christian loses big matches, Mahal is right there in the gorilla position telling Christian that he "almost did it," and that he's "still got in there somewhere." Eventually this bothers Christian and he tells Mahal to fuck off. The next week, Christian is wrestling when Mahal attacks him viciously and starts screaming out that Christian is a traitor to Canadians everywhere.

I can't tell if I'm being serious or not.

Mr. Nerfect
08-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Or you can just put Mahal in a tag team with Christian. Have Mahal reveal he idolizes Christian and let them do some comedy backstage segments together. Mahal can call himself "Lieutenant Likable" to go alongside Captain Charisma.

Ultra Mantis
08-25-2013, 07:50 AM
A gimmick where people just tell Jinder Mahal to fuck off might actually work.

Could even rename him Just Jinder.

Anybody Thrilla
08-25-2013, 12:26 PM
I like 3MB more than I like The Usos, too. I just thought it was funny for anyone to look forward to a match with Jinder Mahal and anyone.

Curd
08-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Or you can just put Mahal in a tag team with Christian. Have Mahal reveal he idolizes Christian and let them do some comedy backstage segments together. Mahal can call himself "Lieutenant Likable" to go alongside Captain Charisma.

Throw enough ideas at Vince, and some will stick. :y: