PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody actually want to see Goldberg return?

Tazz Dan
08-26-2013, 08:36 PM
I've been seeing the rumours around again recently about Goldberg returning at Wrestlemania, but do we really want to see that? The guy hasn't wrestled in how many years now, and I don't think he has the talent of HBK or The Rock to get rid of the ring rust with a couple of months of prep.

Don't get me wrong here, if Goldberg's music hit by surprise on Raw or something, I would mark the fuck out. And if he came to the ring and speared the shit out of someone like Zack Ryder to promote his DVD, I would continue to mark the fuck out. But if he was promoted to return and have a PPV match with somebody, I'm really don't think it would be able to live up to the hype.

This is obviously all my opinion, so feel free to discuss why my opinion is shit, or why you agree with me.

Corporate CockSnogger
08-26-2013, 08:49 PM
Yes. Goldberg's the best

Tazz Dan
08-26-2013, 09:01 PM
I thought Billy Gunn was? I just don't know you anymore..... Now you're just somebody that I used to know.

Innovator
08-26-2013, 09:03 PM
I don't want to see him. Let's move on.

PluggedWCW
08-26-2013, 09:14 PM
http://members.tripod.com/~tpww_wallpaper/gillberg01.jpg

el bobbo
08-26-2013, 09:19 PM
I would be excited for a couple of minutes, but it would end pretty quickly. The Rock got about 2 years out of his return, but I feel a Goldberg return would be good for only 2 months tops.

Heisenberg
08-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Goldberg 6:32

Father of Spears

Don't know who he would fit in with these days other than Triple H. I don't think they'd do a major PPV match with him and Ryback these days.

Curd
08-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Only if he gets to plow through the Divas roster.

Curd
08-26-2013, 09:53 PM
"Spear THIS, Kaitlyn! RARGH"

Curd
08-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Goldberg would probably injure half the roster with his explosive power.

#GoldCurd

McLegend
08-26-2013, 10:57 PM
Yeah I would love a Goldberg return.

I would just want 1 match... Seriously nothing else. Just hype him for weeks with vignettes old matches, and whatever else you can think of it.

Then on the PPV do the old entrance with the old music, and then whatever after that.

McLegend
08-26-2013, 11:00 PM
He can wrestle the Undertaker at Mania and lose in a 5 minute match.

I would be happy with that.

weather vane
08-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Id like to see him come back and put over Rybacor smash him. Either way.

Johnny Vegas
08-26-2013, 11:44 PM
I'd only like it if he came just to help someone and that was it, no match, just a spear and jackhammer to the heel. Wait....

BigCrippyZ
08-26-2013, 11:50 PM
I'd probably mark out for at first but I bet it would get old or horrible really fast.

Curtis
08-27-2013, 12:26 AM
No and I doubt WWE will pay him what he wants. Last time they negotiated WWE didn't want to pay him 6 gorillion shekels per appearance that he wanted, oy vey! I wouldn't want to put Mr. Golberg through that shoah again.
Lets just do our best to buy several copies of his DVD so that he can move on from the atrocity of his WWE days.

I do want to see Scotty Goldman return though, he was one fine Hebrew.

Curtis
08-27-2013, 12:27 AM
And besides WWE can just take one of the Gymini twins, have him spear everyone and itll be same as Goldberb

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-27-2013, 12:28 AM
Sure why not? Goldberg was pretty big down south.

The Condor
08-27-2013, 12:34 AM
Throw him Sin Cara and it'd be fun

Lock Jaw
08-27-2013, 01:06 AM
I wonder if the fans would chant "Ryback" at him

xREDxONxYOUx
08-27-2013, 01:56 AM
I didn't care about Goldberg when he was "relevant". Why would I care about him now?

Tazz Dan
08-27-2013, 02:59 AM
I'm sorry, I should have known that you of all people didn't like him when he was relevant. I'll refrain from making threads in the future.

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-27-2013, 03:09 AM
I thought Billy Gunn was? I just don't know you anymore..... Now you're just somebody that I used to know.

Guess Snogger is a lover of the jackhammer.

Tazz Dan
08-27-2013, 04:06 AM
To be fair, we all knew he liked a good genetic jack-hammering.

stultiloquy
08-27-2013, 04:07 AM
Nah.

We already saw what he could do at his peak, I seriously doubt he could perform as well as he did back then or bring anything new to the table.

dronepool
08-27-2013, 04:23 AM
I'm not a FAN of his, wouldn't buy his DVD's or want watch it for free on Netflix but he's very entertaining and would spice up the already improved direction. It never hurts to bring an established name to have a match or two or have some kind of GM role....

Plus I want to see him Jackhammer Ryback and break the ring and warp it into that anti-bully thing they do.

MoFo
08-27-2013, 04:55 AM
Goldberg 6:32

Father of Spears

Don't knowwho he would fit in with these days other than Triple H. I don't think they'd do a major PPV match with him and Ryback these days.

There never was a Cena/Berg match.

Also could do a Lesnar match properly this time.

Thats it tho. No interest seeing him against bums like Bryan or Ziggler.

Black Widow
08-27-2013, 06:57 AM
Nah. maybe to destory Ryroids but that's it

Joesgonnakillyou
08-27-2013, 07:12 PM
Nah, Goldberg supremely charismatic guy, but pretty talentless. Not my bag

Corporate CockSnogger
08-27-2013, 07:16 PM
They should have Goldberg vs Roman Reigns and then have them spear each other simultaneously and then cancel wrestling altogether because nothing could ever top that.

whiteyford
08-28-2013, 03:45 PM
Not sure how he'd fit into it all really, he needs to be pushed as a monster but if it's a one off match or another very limited date deal there isn't a whole lot you can do with him, he wouldn't be cheap and there's probably better/more established/talented guys you could bring in and put over at 'Mania because I can't see him coming in to job.

XL
08-28-2013, 05:38 PM
He could be the guy who eventually stands up to Bully Ry.

Nowhere Man
08-28-2013, 05:49 PM
I'd like to see Goldberg show up in a non-wrestling capacity, if only for some surreal "Wrestlemania moment" where he winds up in the same room as Ryback and Brock.

As for a match? Meh--I was a big fan of 'Berg back when I started watching wrestling, but my opinion of him has soured quite a bit since way back in the day. I'd pop, sure, but the match would probably suck. On the other hand, Wrestlemania usually has at least one throwaway match with either a B-list celebrity or someone who's been retired for a while, so as long as they keep it short, and either use him to get someone else over or at least mercy-squash someone like Heath Slater who can't really be harmed by losing, I don't see much harm in him stepping into the ring one more time.

Heyman
08-28-2013, 06:59 PM
I've been seeing the rumours around again recently about Goldberg returning at Wrestlemania, but do we really want to see that? The guy hasn't wrestled in how many years now, and I don't think he has the talent of HBK or The Rock to get rid of the ring rust with a couple of months of prep.

Don't get me wrong here, if Goldberg's music hit by surprise on Raw or something, I would mark the fuck out. And if he came to the ring and speared the shit out of someone like Zack Ryder to promote his DVD, I would continue to mark the fuck out. But if he was promoted to return and have a PPV match with somebody, I'm really don't think it would be able to live up to the hype.

This is obviously all my opinion, so feel free to discuss why my opinion is shit, or why you agree with me.

Goldberg vs. Ryback at Mania (Goldberg goes over), followed by Lesnar squashing Goldberg at Backlash and getting is return victory from 10 years earlier, would be ok in my books.

Curd
08-28-2013, 07:10 PM
Goldberg vs. Ryback at Mania (Goldberg goes over), followed by Lesnar squashing Goldberg at Backlash and getting is return victory from 10 years earlier, would be ok in my books.

Yes. I doubt Goldberg's ego would allow him to agree, but your win precedence makes the best sense.

Emperor Smeat
08-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Rather it be for the Hall of Fame spot than an actual match if he does agree to show up for Mania.

Ryback makes the most sense right now as an opponent but would have helped out Ryback a lot more had it occurred this year than next year's Mania.

MoFo
08-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Hows about.

Goldberg comes out and spears everyone who does the spear very shittily.

Bo Dallas, UR NXT!

voncouch
08-29-2013, 09:08 AM
1) Book Goldberg vs Gillberg
2) Enjoy all the money you're now able to legally print