PDA

View Full Version : Night of Champions: Every Title Must Be Defended!

el bobbo
09-03-2013, 03:15 AM
So, did they give up on this?

One of the main matches is CM Punk, a talent who has been booked above the IC title, going against the IC Champion and his manager in a handicapped match.

The only other title matches we have set for this PPV are the main two and the Diva's Title. We may see a Ziggler vs. Ambrose match...

From the dirtsheets, I have read they are giving up on the HIAC PPV starting next year. Is this the end of themed PPV's?

Tazz Dan
09-03-2013, 03:49 AM
All the champions are on the card. At least be happy with that.

el bobbo
09-03-2013, 03:56 AM
I'm not mad about anything if the current booking makes sense (as it is doing). I'm one of the more passive viewers of the WWE product (for an IWC member).

I do hate that there will be 2 PPVs in October.

Mr. Nerfect
09-03-2013, 04:11 AM
Yeah, it doesn't really matter. All the champions will be on the show.

Tazz Dan
09-03-2013, 05:37 AM
2 out of 2 Australians agree here el bobbo

XL
09-03-2013, 05:48 AM
Meh. Suppose it beats them moving the belts around just to get certain guys on the show.

#1-norm-fan
09-03-2013, 06:02 AM
I'd prefer them moving the belts around. As in off of Curis Axel. And onto a face whom Fandango can win the title from at Night of Champions.

Shisen Kopf
09-03-2013, 06:58 AM
Curtis Axel should be managed by Mick Foley and this pairing should be called Team Axel-Foley.

Dukelorange
09-03-2013, 08:08 AM
Curtis Axel should be managed by Mick Foley and this pairing should be called Team Axel-Foley.

Nice

Fenix122
09-03-2013, 12:40 PM

Them coming out to anything but Axel F would be a huge disappointment

loopydate
09-03-2013, 12:47 PM

They should also have a valet named Beverly Hillscop.

GD
09-03-2013, 01:02 PM
CM Punk competed in the first ever non-title match at NOC. He then went on to main event a non title matchup at the same PPV against Hunter. This will be his third non title match at the Night of Champions.

Savio
09-03-2013, 01:19 PM
<table class="wikitable"><tbody><tr><td>3</td> <td>CM Punk (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CM_Punk) vs. Curtis Axel (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Axel) and Paul Heyman (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Heyman)</td> <td>Elimination Handicap match (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_wrestling_match_types#Handicap_match)<sup id="cite_ref-9" class="reference">[9] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_Champions_%282013%29#cite_note-9)</sup>. If Paul Heyman does not compete, CM Punk will never see him again.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Savio
09-03-2013, 01:19 PM
lol at that stip.

Curd
09-04-2013, 02:18 AM
lol at that stip.

Yeah, they could honor the stip with Heyman still at WWE events by hiding him whenever Punk is around. Or they could do the "fake bleach to the eyes" spot like the nWo did to Mongo in March 1999.

Savio
09-04-2013, 08:51 AM
"Sorry Heyman you can't attend ______'s funeral, Punk will be there. Remember 3 years ago when you decided not to participate in a match?"

Tommy Gunn
09-04-2013, 09:48 AM
The tag titles and US titles are wasted on The Shield, they really don't need them. I'd rather see the tag titles go to The Real Americans and the US title to give another midcarder some purpose.

GD
09-04-2013, 06:30 PM
The Shield will eventually drop the title to the returning duo of Epico - Primo. Dean Ambrose is going to relinquish the United States Championship once he wins the World Heavyweight Championship after defeating Alberto Del Rio at the Georgia Dome on an edition of Monday NightRAW.

Mr. Nerfect
09-04-2013, 10:32 PM
I like that The Shield are corporate champions. I'd like to see them successfully defend the Tag Team Titles at Night of Champions and then move into a rivalry with Los Matadors, who despite being ridiculous, hold their own against all the heel teams in WWE and build momentum. I can't see them beating The Shield for the titles though. Wait for a team that urgently deserves to be champions to come along.

As US Champion, I want to see Ambrose defeat some major stars cleanly. Ziggler at Night of Champions, Christian soon thereafter. Whatever it is Ambrose has got, it's made him slightly more over than Rollins or Reigns are. Give him some credibility so that if you ever need to turn him, he's got that behind him.

#1-norm-fan
09-05-2013, 03:16 AM
I've got a feeling The Primetime Players will be the next tag team champs.

Mr. Nerfect
09-05-2013, 04:01 AM
I agree with you. I'm still not sold on them as Tag Champs though. I don't think it will suck (Titus, especially, has gotten a lot better), but I just don't see them as quite at that level. I'd like to see them challenged, knocked back, and then enter into a proper feud with The Real Americans. Perhaps Zeb Colter could make some controversial statements about Young's sexually to try and get the feud some attention.

GD
09-05-2013, 08:03 PM
I've got a feeling The Primetime Players will be the next tag team champs.

The WWE will make it a big deal by crowning Darren Young as the first openly gay champion in history. Patt Patterson wasn't openly gay. It wouldn't have been good for business back in the day.