PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown SPOILERS - September 6th

slik
09-03-2013, 11:15 PM
* Triple H kicks off this week's SmackDown and is holding a town hall meeting for everyone to air their grievances. The locker room is out watching from the stage. Triple H, Vickie Guerrero and Brad Maddox are in the ring. Triple H talks first about how he fired Cody Rhodes on RAW and what's best for business. The Shield are also out, standing guard at the ring. Triple H wants nobody to be afraid for their jobs. He lets anyone step up and ask a question but nobody does. He says no butt kissing. Damien Sandow speaks up and says he supports Triple H firing Cody Rhodes. Triple H says Cody fired Cody. Kofi Kingston speaks up and says everyone is afraid and that's not best for business. Triple H talks about how the wrestlers' egos are out of control and says that's why Daniel Bryan isn't out here. Heath Slater speaks up but Triple H cracks jokes at him. Rob Van Dam says Cody getting fired wasn't cool and calls Triple H "dude." Ryback speaks up and doesn't like being called a bully. Ryback vs. Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston vs. Curtis Axel and RVD vs. Randy Orton is announced for tonight. Also, Bryan gets to pick The Shield member that he wants to face tonight. Triple H gives Randy Orton a grand introduction.

1 - Randy Orton vs. Rob Van Dam is up first. Alberto Del Rio is out for commentary. Another good, lengthy match. Orton dodged a Five Star frogsplash. Orton got the win with a RKO. During the match, Del Rio interfered and it was said he appeared to have injured his arm. After the match, Del Rio beat RVD down and left him laying.

* Backstage segment with Daniel Bryan and Renee Young. Bryan says WWE officials told him not to attend the town hall meeting earlier. He leaves it up to The Shield to name which member he will face tonight.

* A new vignette for Los Matadores airs.

* Backstage segment with the Divas. AJ Lee talks with Alicia Fox and Aksana about Total Divas. AJ would rather put her title up against one of them than one of the girls from the show.

2 - Ryback vs. Dolph Ziggler is up next. Dean Ambrose is out on commentary. Ryback gets the win after Ambrose attacks Ziggler.

3 - Kofi Kingston vs. Curtis Axel in a non-title match is up next. Axel comes out to a huge pop and a "welcome home" from the hometown crowd. Paul Heyman is with him. Kofi gets the win with a SOS.

* Backstage segment with Renee Young and Paul Heyman talking about CM Punk.

4 - Naomi vs. Brie Bella is up next. Cameron, Eva Marie and Nikki Bella are at ringside. The match ends with no winner as AJ brings out the other Divas and they face off against the Total Divas.

5 - Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro come out with Zeb Colter as a Los Matadores vignette airs. Their opponents are The Usos. Cesaro and Swagger get the win.

6 - Triple H is forcing Big Show to face 3MB in a handicap match. Show squashed all three members and hit the knockout punch on Heath Slater for the win. Slater was helped to the back by referees.

7 - The Shield come out to a big pop and surround the ring. They have chosen Seth Rollins to face Daniel Bryan in tonight's main event. Good match. Bryan got the win after fighting off The Shield and hitting Rollins with the knee to the face. After the match, Randy Orton interrupts the celebration and attacks Bryan. SmackDown ends with Orton standing over Bryan with the WWE Title.

GD
09-03-2013, 11:27 PM
There was a time when the WWE Champion and the World Heavyweight Champion sharing the same space was considered to be of importance.

GD
09-03-2013, 11:28 PM
If Daniel Bryan doesn't win the title by the end of this program, I am going to be very upset.

Dark One
09-03-2013, 11:41 PM
After the match, Randy Orton interrupts the celebration and attacks Bryan. SmackDown ends with Orton standing over Bryan with the WWE Title.

Oh boy, here we go.

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-03-2013, 11:52 PM
DB is going to kick Orton's face off at NOC.

Dark One
09-03-2013, 11:53 PM
All right. I think it's clear we're going to be going through this for the next several weeks, so, in an effort to keep things interesting and not retread the past few weeks, I propose everyone weigh in on this stunning development with reaction gifs. Here's a pre-selected pile:

http://medias.omgif.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Damned.gif
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-O0Dj2zjDOlw/UGNcYRUNeuI/AAAAAAAADQY/ZXiQmfGqUvo/s1600/angry-john-cena.gif
http://i.imgur.com/f6VzheW.gif
http://i.minus.com/iGAfJjnq74NqI.gif
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/rage/grand/wrestler_angry_gif.gif
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4206925056/hC6EE0389/
http://kmpunksays.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/ac7xg.gif?w=830
http://kmpunksays.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/gmbs1.gif?w=830
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view8/4640923/tna-impact-wrestling-mr-anderson-laughing-o.gif
http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/71f969a416103d9e408785463dc5b5da/10252%20-%20Raw%20Seth_Rollins%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20laughing%20smiling%20wwe.gif

Lock Jaw
09-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Missed the most important part of the spoilers, from the TPWW front page:

Wrestlers out on the stage for the town hall meeting. Christian is among the onstage talent.

Bad News Gertner
09-04-2013, 12:41 AM
"Heath Slater speaks up but Triple H cracks jokes at him"

HHH will rue the day he messed with Heath Slater!!!

Razzamajazz
09-04-2013, 01:40 AM
the live show was great, but i' sure it will only come across as average on tv. i'm also disappointed the shield made their entrance all together down the same aisle. I was standing right at the entrance to the next one over where i thought at least one of them would come down :-\

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-04-2013, 01:51 AM
"Heath Slater speaks up but Triple H cracks jokes at him"

HHH will rue the day he messed with Heath Slater!!!

Slater: We Demand only Blue M&M's

HHH: Granted.

(HHH Bows down to 3MB)

Bad News Gertner
09-04-2013, 02:35 AM
I have a feeling Slater vs HHH will be the hot feud going into Survivor Series.

Watch your back Triple H!

#1-norm-fan
09-04-2013, 03:01 AM
lol Bryan

#1-norm-fan
09-04-2013, 03:02 AM
Also, lol Curtis Axel. At least WWE isn't trying to make it seem like he's a major threat or anything. Just gotta get the title off of him and try to build some prestige back up with someone else.

Mr. Nerfect
09-04-2013, 04:29 AM
Really wish they had given Axel the clean win over Kofi. The Axeman is a perfectly fine IC Champion at the moment.

Rammsteinmad
09-04-2013, 05:36 AM
Sounds like a pretty good Smackdown. Am I one of the only few here who doesn't mind Bryan constantly getting his ass beat? It's perfect heat-generating for Triple H/Orton/Shield, and makes us want to see Daniel Bryan and the rest of the roster completely annihilate them all.

DAMN iNATOR
09-04-2013, 05:55 AM
I don't know about anyone else here, but I highly suspect that Del Rio's supposed arm injury is a swerve meant to get people to think there's no way RVD won't walk out of NoC as WHC. It won't (and frankly, shouldn't) happen, but I applaud the effort.

Savio
09-04-2013, 08:43 AM
I was hoping he would have beaten Reigns so he could have been built up.

Should have given Axel a dirty victory.

Savio
09-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Really wish they had given Axel the clean win over Kofi. The Axeman is a perfectly fine IC Champion at the moment.
I wish they did too, the only reason why I could see why they didn't give him the win is because they didn't want him to get the hometown pop :-\

Emperor Smeat
09-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Sounds like a pretty good Smackdown. Am I one of the only few here who doesn't mind Bryan constantly getting his ass beat? It's perfect heat-generating for Triple H/Orton/Shield, and makes us want to see Daniel Bryan and the rest of the roster completely annihilate them all.

Agree a bit mainly because they are also building the growing animosity between people who are going to end up siding with Bryan against the new Corporation in the near future.

Having the same outcome being done every show might be starting to push it but at the same time Bryan is also alone and an easy target for Orton's attacks or humiliation.

Corndad
09-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Meatball hit it on head there. It's just having the same outcome. Same everything on the last couple shows is what is getting old. There has to be another way for Orton and the Corporation to knock Bryan down instead of the same in ring beat down every show.

I get the long term booking, I really do, but you gotta think they have to mix it up soon right?

#1-norm-fan
09-04-2013, 04:06 PM

You literally seem to think everyone on the roster is perfectly fine at everything.

Vastardikai
09-04-2013, 04:08 PM
*looks at the calendar*

It'll be changed up in about... a month or so...

Theo Dious
09-04-2013, 05:42 PM
There was a time when the WWE Champion and the World Heavyweight Champion sharing the same space was considered to be of importance.

This time is referred to as the Brand Split. Anyone who thought the two titles would, could, or should remain on equal footing without the split is an idiot.

Theo Dious
09-04-2013, 05:47 PM

Repeating myself to a deaf man: Giving clean wins to heels is BAD BOOKING.

Theo Dious
09-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Meatball hit it on head there. It's just having the same outcome. Same everything on the last couple shows is what is getting old. There has to be another way for Orton and the Corporation to knock Bryan down instead of the same in ring beat down every show.

I get the long term booking, I really do, but you gotta think they have to mix it up soon right?

People were yelling at me for saying this stuff just over a week ago. The line to kiss my ass starts right over there...

Shisen Kopf
09-04-2013, 06:16 PM
I dunno.

Mr. Nerfect
09-04-2013, 07:53 PM

Not in every case. Curtis Axel is facing CM Punk at Night of Champions. Yes, the appeal of the match is Paul Heyman getting his ass kicked, but if there is going to be appropriate drama, people need to buy Axel being able to hold his own against Punk and be an obstacle worth overcoming. It will also make the face that defeats Axel look far more impressive when they win the IC Title if he racks up wins against guys like Kofi Kingston, The Miz and Wade Barrett (the latter two he already has beaten relatively clean).

Also, I feel like I've said this to you before: A clean win for a heel could be seen relatively. A kick to the back of an injured leg is technically legal, but could be seen as "dirty" and "heelish." You put way too much stock into the word "clean" when it refers to heels. The word is being used with licence, but surely you're smart enough to figure that out.

#1-norm-fan
09-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Yeah, not every heel needs to cheat to win all the time. If they're actually capable of winning clean matches and can legitimately brag about it, it should serve to make you want to see him get his ass handed to him even more. Cheating is not necessary every time. It makes things more interesting knowing the good guy is in legitimate trouble of getting one-upped by the bad guy fairly.

Vastardikai
09-04-2013, 08:28 PM
I think you can count the times Yokozuna cheated in televised big matches on maybe 1 hand. 2 of them against Hogan, 1 against Bret. Most of the time, he won by being really fucking fat.

Mr. Nerfect
09-04-2013, 10:27 PM
I love that move Axel does where he kicks the leg out of from his opponent while he's on the mat, and then kicks them in the face. There'd be nothing wrong with Axel going on defensive against Kofi, doing that and then hitting The Taste of Pain for the win.

Savio
09-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Tedious is a troll guys.

Mr. Nerfect
09-05-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm glad The Real Americans beat The Usos. To me this signifies that they want The Real Americans to look good for when Los Matadors beat them. Call me stupidly optimistic, but this gives me hope that despite how cheesy the gimmick is, the WWE wants them to get over and give them a decent push out the gate. I would not be opposed to seeing their silly antics mask true talent, and for them to upset The Shield and take the Tag Team Titles.

GD
09-05-2013, 07:59 PM
I have my fingers crossed for Los Matadors. They will destroy The Real Americans and then move on to defeat Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns to win the straps and official represent Triple H's new stable. That would be good for business.

Mr. Nerfect
09-05-2013, 08:02 PM
They could try getting the "Ole" chants going and could get quite over.

Mr. Nerfect
09-05-2013, 08:04 PM
I just read that Dean Ambrose is out on commentary. That could be awesome.

Lock Jaw
09-05-2013, 08:07 PM
They could try getting the "Ole" chants going and could get quite over.

I have a feeling this is like half the reason why they are doing the gimmick, so that stupid smark fans won't chant "Ole" at Sammi Zayn when they call him up. The Smark will be like "I want to chant Ole, but people will think I am cheering for Los Matadores!"

Mr. Nerfect
09-05-2013, 08:15 PM
They should change Sami Zayn's name to Ole Zayn, so that the Ole chants make sense and he seems super-over for being Ole Zayn.

slik
09-05-2013, 08:59 PM
I dunno.

dig down deep

Bad News Gertner
09-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Hahaha Heath Slater during the opening segment was great

Mr. Nerfect
09-06-2013, 09:36 PM
I can't wait to see Heath Slater's bit.

Mr. Nerfect
09-06-2013, 11:24 PM
On the Curtis Axel front, I'd also like to add this:

I think Paul Heyman Guys should have credibility. When Heyman picks you out of a group, there should be something there. I don't mind Axel needing to cheat to beat John Cena or Chris Jericho, but clean wins against mid-carders goes to prove Heyman's points that Axel is something special.

Maybe they are planning to switch the title to Kofi Kingston so that Axel can go into his match without a championship and Kofi can defend the IC Title against Ryback or something. If that were the case, I'd have just had Kofi win the title on SmackDown. Beating Axel for the title in Axel's own backyard would have been even more impressive than just beating him regularly.

DAMN iNATOR
09-07-2013, 03:39 AM

And administering an antidote to a poison victim is medical malpractice. :roll:

Mr. Nerfect
09-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Heath Slater is fantastic.

Mr. Nerfect
09-07-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm digging The Real Americans. They are getting over. They just need to get these Los Matadores on the show to start a rivalry with them. Primo has always been one of the most underrated talents on the entire roster, in my opinion, so to see him work with Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro will simply be greatness.

Shisen Kopf
09-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Hahaha Heath Slater during the opening segment was great

He might win the belt tonight at your house show. I saw the spoilers.

Mr. Nerfect
09-07-2013, 08:59 PM
I'd love it if Heath Slater got to be a runner-up in the Royal Rumble one year -- in a Santino Marella sort of moment. If they go with CM Punk or Daniel Bryan winning, they could start from right at the beginning, with Slater entering about #27. He manages to hide outside the ring as two guys are left. Slater comes in and dumps out the other guy and then plays air guitar as Daniel Bryan/CM Punk recovers.