PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn

#BROKEN Hasney
09-05-2013, 07:47 AM
OH GOD AN MMO I ACTUALLY LIKE. Well to be fair, I did like Guild Wars 2 briefly, but this is where it's at.

It was a complete impulse buy as I saw it for under £20 after reading so many positive reactions and I got an hour of playtime before the new patch due to horrible login issues, but they seem sorted for me now. It is gorgeous and plays very similar to FFXII including beast killing chains but without the wonderful License Point system it had.

http://i.imgur.com/PLydArH.jpg

Delivery moogle!

I'm up to level 10 mostly playing solo so far and only getting involved in the massive Fate battles which are dotted over the world, so you can play it how you like. But after trying a lot of MMOs out there and not getting grabbed, even by the likes of WoW, I am very very impressed with the FFXIV reboot since 1.0 was apparently shockingly bad.

If anyone fancies jumping on, I'm on the Shiva server.

road doggy dogg
09-05-2013, 08:18 AM
Bunch of IRL friends are playing but I am so "out" on MMOs I can't even look at this without just groaning loudly. Sounds like it is good though.
crossrine

Poit
09-05-2013, 12:01 PM
I really liked it in the beta, but I'm not sure I have enough time to play to justify a monthly fee.

OssMan
09-05-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm with poit and RDD, especially in regards to the loud groan. Final Fantasy games just get more and more cringeworthy as they come out. It seems like they're now just creating generic games and then changing the names of stuff to those of summons from previous games and sporadically throwing in Moogles.

alvarado52
09-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Played the hell outta the first MMO, but eventually i just decided paying monthly for a game was a little...expensive.