PDA

View Full Version : X-Pac heat

scatterbrain28
10-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Which wrestler do you think has the most X-Pac heat (besides X-Pac)?

Savio
10-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Stephanie McMahon

Razzamajazz
10-01-2013, 05:23 PM
cm punk

Bad News Gertner
10-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Stupidest thing created by smarks ever.

Kane Knight
10-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Stupidest thing created by smarks ever.

workrate

Bad News Gertner
10-01-2013, 05:39 PM
This is even worse. If a wrestler gets over as a heel that they hate i.e Vickie, they automatically have X-Pac heat.

Vastardikai
10-01-2013, 06:59 PM
"X-Pac heat" is the type of heat generated towards someone who is disliked but it's not cool to dislike.

Ironically, named after someone who, if the internet was created 10 years prior, would have cause the IWC to masturbate due to his "workrate."

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Waltman was a talented guy, it's a shame he got saddled with a label like that

voncouch
10-01-2013, 10:13 PM
"X-Pac heat" is the type of heat generated towards someone who is disliked but it's not cool to dislike.

Ironically, named after someone who, if the internet was created 10 years prior, would have cause the IWC to masturbate due to his "workrate."

I always saw X-Pac heat as not a negative reaction towards a heel, but rather negative towards someone you just don't want to see. I never had anything against X-Pac myself. I thought he was a fairly solid worker who got saddled with a pretty cruel term for no reason.

In WWE today, though, the clear winner is Brad Maddox. I don't dislike him because he's a well-established heel character, I just dislike him because he has the charisma of skin cancer and has no purpose on television. I don't want to see him made out to be a fool or get his come-uppance: I just want to see him leave.

Bad News Gertner
10-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Brad Maddox is incredible

Curd
10-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Dolph Ziggler, at least backstage.

Heisenberg
10-01-2013, 10:16 PM
I have no clue what Xpac heat is. I feel left out

Curd
10-01-2013, 10:19 PM
I have no clue what Xpac heat is. I feel left out

It's when someone, usually an entire group of fans, dislikes the person portraying a character and not just the character itself. It's also possible to dislike the actor/actress but love the character, though that would be ambivalent X-Pac heat.

Curtis
10-01-2013, 10:22 PM
I just want to go on record that I liked X-Pac. His matches were always fun to watch, but once DX passed its course, his character became boring. Then there was that stable with Justin Credible that was entirely pointless

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-01-2013, 10:33 PM
He seemed to mention he kind of got hung out to dry by someone backstage and it was orchestrated to be like that. Who knows if that's actually the case or just sour grapes but I could see it, wrestling is fucked.

Bad News Gertner
10-01-2013, 10:41 PM
There's no such thing as X Pac heat. 50 smarks booing an over heel because it's cool means shit.

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-01-2013, 10:55 PM
he wasn't that over lol

Curd
10-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Which came first: The vengeful, duffel-shitting X-Pac, or his namesake heat?

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-01-2013, 11:03 PM
vengeful duffel-shitting 123 kid

Curd
10-01-2013, 11:05 PM
vengeful duffel-shitting 123 kid

123 Kid was worse than Dennis the Menace. LOL

Shisen Kopf
10-01-2013, 11:13 PM
It should have been called Jeff Jarrett heat really. Did anyone really like that fartknocker?

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Jarrett could work but he was a fuckin loser lol

Shisen Kopf
10-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Jarrett was a good rassler but seriously who liked him?

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Yeah he was genuinely just annoying. The whole slapnuts schtick was alright for like a month but who fucking cared about him?

Bad News Gertner
10-01-2013, 11:23 PM
JJ was a good mid card heel.

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-01-2013, 11:23 PM
yeah he was good to put guys over.

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-01-2013, 11:25 PM
but he was boring beyond that

Volare
10-02-2013, 12:09 AM
I just want to go on record that I liked X-Pac. His matches were always fun to watch, but once DX passed its course, his character became boring. Then there was that stable with Justin Credible that was entirely pointless

X-Factor.....still with one of the most underrated themes ever made.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lW91vTwFvRQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heisenberg
10-02-2013, 12:39 AM
what about that fart factory Sparkplug Holly?

Anybody Thrilla
10-02-2013, 03:03 AM
Any reaction is a good one in that ridiculous little world that we all enjoy so much. If people really don't like someone these days, it seems like they just don't react to them at all.

If I HAD to answer, though...I guess I'd say that the WWE App has the most "X-Pac heat" currently.

Corporate CockSnogger
10-02-2013, 06:17 AM
Fucking loved Jeff Jarrett. One of my favourite heels ever.

Ultra Mantis
10-02-2013, 06:24 AM
X-Factor were the original 3MB.

Bad News Gertner
10-02-2013, 06:25 AM
You take that back!

Ultra Mantis
10-02-2013, 06:30 AM
Heath Slater is the X-Pac of our generation.

Graveler
10-02-2013, 06:32 AM
Brad Maddox is incredible

But even you have to admit that he serves no purpose in this Triple H storyline. You could completely remove him out of the picture & nothing changes. I would have answered Bo Dallas before they integrated it into his gimmick. At this moment, I would say the Miz.

Corporate CockSnogger
10-02-2013, 06:35 AM
Love The Miz as well. His heel run with the title was great. And X-Pac. And Brad Maddox seemed pretty funny the few times I saw him. Bo Dallas looked like an orc.

James Steele
10-02-2013, 06:39 AM
Brad Maddox accentuates the degree to which Triple H/Stephanie is abusing their power. The McMahons put in place a schmuck GM so they could easily run all over him and get what they want done with little resistance. Same reason they fired Teddy Long/Booker T. and replaced them with Vickie on SD!.

Bad News Gertner
10-02-2013, 06:47 AM
Heath Slater is the X-Pac of our generation.

Heath Slater is the Stone Cold Steve Austin of our generation. The WWE just doesn't know it yet.

Bad News Gertner
10-02-2013, 06:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/fVqIi.gif

License to print fucking money right there.

Ultra Mantis
10-02-2013, 08:01 AM
That one guy in the white shirt is jerking an imaginary penis at the very prospect of all that money.

KIRA
10-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Brad Maddox accentuates the degree to which Triple H/Stephanie is abusing their power. The McMahons put in place a schmuck GM so they could easily run all over him and get what they want done with little resistance. Same reason they fired Teddy Long/Booker T. and replaced them with Vickie on SD!. Very elegantly put James.

Tom Guycott
10-03-2013, 12:12 AM
I always saw X-Pac heat as not a negative reaction towards a heel, but rather negative towards someone you just don't want to see.

This.

The problem with the label is that people think they understand what it means and use it incorrectly. They apply it to people who either don't have a prayer in getting over OR someone they personally don't like. Much like fans who still chant "WHAT?" when Austin hasn't been around in years and have no sense of context. They just say it because it's "the thing to say".

The problem with the namesake was that once he grew the beard and nWo'd/DX'd it up, he NEVER evolved his gimmick since. Yeah, he was kinda over, but week in and week out, it was nothing but him strutting down to the ring in sunglasses and a bandanna. Straight up crotch-chops, spin kicks, and bronco busters ad infinitum. He did have a decent workrate once upon a when, but he got lazy and/or complacent. It went from being "cool" to :groan: after about the 1100th time you saw it.

The answer to the question would be R-Truth being back to the old half-assed, cringeworthy rapping/dancing craptacular, followed by a paint-by-the-numbers match. You're hoping he gets the jobber entrance if he's in a televised singles match (if you're live, though, you're SoL). But at least he had some change-ups in the form of that awesome heel turn of his in between and didn't "hoppetyskippetyjumping!" from the time he returned to WWE until now. People would have started eating guns.

The Condor
10-03-2013, 12:37 AM
XPac heat probably went big after he and Kane were tag champs. X-Factor didn't stand a chance.

The Condor
10-03-2013, 12:42 AM
My most vivid memory of Jarrett's heelishness was early/mid '98 when he came out with Tennessee Lee and Southern Justice on a random RAW and a bunch of fans had a banner that read "Double J Ain't He Gay." Always stuck with me for whatever reason. But yeah Jarrett was a decent mid card heel.

Mr. Nerfect
10-04-2013, 11:23 AM
I agree with Gertner -- it's a pretty smarky thing to do to discredit someone's reactions as saying "they aren't over, they just suck and people want them off their TV." People have tried to discredit Vickie Guerrero (quite the entertaining character at times) and Kane Knight even used to have a go at Edge (but I think he just didn't like him and didn't accuse him of damaging ratings).

But, if I had to pinpoint someone with the "X-Pac heat" label, I think I'd suggest Bo Dallas (until people realizes that it was the boring gimmick he was stuck with) and Heath Slater/Jinder Mahal. I'm not counting Drew McIntyre in there, because most people seem to accept that Drew is pretty amazing in the ring. People seem to criticize Mahal and Slater more often.

Mr. Nerfect
10-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Would love to see Vickie Guerrero become a manager again and take Heath Slater to the top. The heat for that would be off the scale. I've said that I want Tyson Kidd to be the next Intercontinental Champion. I'd love Slater to be the one to take the IC Title off Kidd.
"You're an amazing wrestler, Tyson; but you aren't an amazing rassler! WOOOOO!" *Slater dances while Vickie does her evil laugh*

Heath Slater could definitely be a modern day Honky Tonk Man. He could even channel JJ and smash guitars over people's heads. He could claim he does it because he's all rock and roll and hates acoustic guitars. He's leading a revolution, babaaaaay!

You'd sprinkle in clean wins among his dirty ones. His old partner, Justin Gabriel, would get a title shot, and look like he has the match won when Slater gets his knees up on the 450 Splash and then gets the pin. He gets all these groupies but then just makes out with Vickie Guerrero in front of them.

Ultra Mantis
10-04-2013, 05:09 PM
The IC title going from McGillicutty to Kidd to Slater would just about kill that belt off completely.

Curd
10-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Ryan Clark has insane X-Pac heat.

So does his twin sister, Ryanne Clark. Pretty strange they're never seen together! :shifty:

Curd
10-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Ryanne "C*ck Vacuum" Clark ;)

Bad News Gertner
10-04-2013, 09:20 PM
The IC title going from McGillicutty to Kidd to Slater would just about kill that belt off completely.

If Slater held the IC title, the IC title would become the new WWE Championship.

Heisenberg
10-05-2013, 12:51 AM
Ryan Clark has insane X-Pac heat.

So does his twin sister, Ryanne Clark. Pretty strange they're never seen together! :shifty:

He karate chopped his own father and played original NES for 24 hours straight and pissed on the floor

Heisenberg
10-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Does he really eat his dog's shit and listen to Yokozuna's theme in church while jamming a dildo in his ears?

Vastardikai
10-05-2013, 10:31 AM
You mean that ISN'T normal? :shifty:

Curd
10-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Does he really eat his dog's shit and listen to Yokozuna's theme in church while jamming a dildo in his ears?

Ryan Clark goes to church? What a douche! :)

Does he attend Westboro Baptist services? How hypocritical! ;)

XL
10-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Would love to see Vickie Guerrero become a manager again and take Heath Slater to the top. The heat for that would be off the scale. I've said that I want Tyson Kidd to be the next Intercontinental Champion. I'd love Slater to be the one to take the IC Title off Kidd.
"You're an amazing wrestler, Tyson; but you aren't an amazing rassler! WOOOOO!" *Slater dances while Vickie does her evil laugh*

Heath Slater could definitely be a modern day Honky Tonk Man. He could even channel JJ and smash guitars over people's heads. He could claim he does it because he's all rock and roll and hates acoustic guitars. He's leading a revolution, babaaaaay!

You'd sprinkle in clean wins among his dirty ones. His old partner, Justin Gabriel, would get a title shot, and look like he has the match won when Slater gets his knees up on the 450 Splash and then gets the pin. He gets all these groupies but then just makes out with Vickie Guerrero in front of them.
Love the idea of Vickie as Band Manager. Also, Slater should do a spot where he smashes his Air Guitar over his opponents head. They can either sell it like death or no-sell it to the bemusement of Slater, who then takes a beating.

Mr. Nerfect
10-05-2013, 07:10 PM
Brilliant, XL.

Don't know what people would think of this, but:

If 3MB ends in the near future, and all the guys go on to other things (after a PPV Triple Threat, which I actually think people would be quite into), I wouldn't mind it if Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater ended up as a tag team again. But not quite a babyface tag team. Well, not right away. Justin Gabriel would be his usual risk-taking babyface self, but Heath Slater would remain the annoying air-guitar playing hero who will do anything to win matches.

You can show them having "bonding sessions" where Gabriel takes Slater bungie-jumping or something, and Slater freaks out and knocks out the guy trying to put the harness on him. Gabriel can take Slater to the aquarium and give him a lecture on Great White Sharks, which Slater calls "mammals." Slater can take Gabriel to music shows, where Slater gets up tries to do his thing, but people boo him off and then Gabriel gets up and starts rocking out with the band to Slater's chagrin. Slater can teach Gabriel to play air guitar and then Gabriel and Slater can be seen playing "air PlayStation" together.

Just have them be the quirky mismatched tag team that get back together because it's what they really did well.

Curd
10-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Love the idea of Vickie as Band Manager. Also, Slater should do a spot where he smashes his Air Guitar over his opponents head. They can either sell it like death or no-sell it to the bemusement of Slater, who then takes a beating.

That's very CHIKARA-ish. Shades of Army Ant and his air grenade. #SNORT

Heyman
10-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Which wrestler do you think has the most X-Pac heat (besides X-Pac)?

Honestly, I think the term "X-Pac heat" got blown way out proportion back in the day. X-PAC was a great face during his stint with DX and became an even greater heel when he turned his back on Kane and ultimately stole Kane's girl Tori. Fans REALLY hated X-PAC for betraying Kane.......almost a similar hate to what Sgt. slaughter had in 1991 when he was portrayed as an Iraqi Sympathizer.

At current day, Drew McIntyre probably has what people on here perceive to be "X-PAC heat." Before this, heel Tensai had this shame.

Bad News Gertner
10-08-2013, 08:33 AM
Drew is pretty harmless in 3MB. He's got a job for life in 3MB: they'll always get over and they never have to win a match.

There's no such thing as X Pac Heat.

The Rogerer
10-08-2013, 09:01 AM
Except with X-Pac

Mr. Nerfect
10-10-2013, 09:36 PM
I still think Drew McIntyre could be a serviceable babyface that could make some waves. I'm not saying it will happen, but just that it could.

Kane Knight
10-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Except with X-Pac

There's no such thing as X-Pac.

Theo Dious
10-13-2013, 09:19 AM
There's no such thing as X-Pac.

You can't ignore the existence of a man who ripped his anus wide open doing a bronco buster.