PDA

View Full Version : 7 long years later: The Real Dirt on Byte This (revisited)

GD
10-03-2013, 04:53 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/archive/realbytethis

Despite several erroneous reports circulating on the Internet, WWE.com has not cancelled Byte This! Additionally, the producer of the weekly webcast has not been fired, and the Heart Throbs were not released specifically for their performance on the show.

Byte This! is currently on hiatus and is being reconceived as part of a new slate of digital WWE.com content to be unveiled soon. Stay logged on to WWE.com for more information on the new Byte This! as it becomes available.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1525/toomanylimes.gif

Utilize this thread to talk about Byte This and the awesome Todd Grisham

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ud75ZQVh04U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GD
10-03-2013, 05:08 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/a7UhRhCaq00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GD
10-03-2013, 05:10 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/g2kjYjZUSDA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GD
10-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Miz's dad on Byte This!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FAWeg2KxKng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Savio
10-03-2013, 05:52 PM
I wish I got to see that last ByteThis episode, heard it was crazy.

#1-norm-fan
10-03-2013, 07:38 PM
So The Heart Throbs have NOT been released, correct?

Cool King
10-04-2013, 03:15 AM
I remember watching that episode of Byte This with The Heart Throbs on it but as it was so long ago, some parts are hazy.

I remember them doing a dating game on it where they asked three women questions but they were pretty "adult" questions and Grisham had to keep telling them to tone it down. I remember a lot of sexual innuendos too. They also came across as being pretty hyped up on something.

I also remember something involving a banana.

Mr. Nerfect
10-04-2013, 11:13 AM
I can't remember what The Heart Throbs did. Cool King did a pretty good job of explaining, but can anyone else expand further?

I liked The Heart Throbs well enough. They were a fairly fun and high-energy tag team, even if they were never going to be major players. But if they had turned on each other and one had developed a darker personality, who knows what could have happened? Antonio is working a ROH show this weekend.

Mr. Nerfect
10-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Todd Grisham was vastly underrated, in my opinion. I don't know if he was always a fan or if he learned once he got the job, but he turned into a solid commentator with a fair personality. Of the dorky guys they hire to do B-show commentary, he was easily the most successful and probably the best. Well, that's if you don't include Josh Mathews on that list. If we were still in an era dominated by Russo-esque booking, I could imagine a rivalry between Todd Grisham and Josh Mathews as rival play-by-play commentators on a show.

The Grish would have made a perfectly acceptable General Manager at some point, too. I could totally have imagined him being the sort of guy to be revealed as the Anonymous General Manager of RAW and be a huge dick hiding behind his authority.