PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION - Should the WWE make RVD a "Heyman guy" (assuming that they get RVD to come back)

Heyman
10-08-2013, 04:48 PM
DISCUSSION - Should the WWE make RVD a "Heyman guy" (assuming that they get RVD to come back)

Nothing much to really add here.

RVD is still over with the fans obviously but his character was a little stale.

A heel turn and an alliance with Paul Heyman could be what's needed?

Hopefully, he comes back and this is what ultimately happens.

Theo Dious
10-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Fans will never accept RVD as a heel. The Invasion angle ought to be proof enough of that.

screech
10-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Tedious nailed it. RVD isn't going to get booed in WWE ever.

Heyman
10-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Fans will never accept RVD as a heel. The Invasion angle ought to be proof enough of that.

Ironically enough however, RVD got his biggest face pops when he was supposed to be a heel. The fans cheered him because they felt like they were being forced not to.

Perhaps the same thing can happen again?

Think of it more along the lines of making RVD relevant again.....and the fans reacting however they want to react.

Mr. Nerfect
10-09-2013, 04:39 AM
I think this would have been an interesting route to have taken RVD once he returned. I liked the idea of him winning Money in the Bank after Brock Lesnar cost CM Punk and Daniel Bryan the match. This would set up Punk vs. Lesnar just fine for SummerSlam and would have sustained Daniel Bryan's momentum.

John Cena vs. RVD could have been a great SummerSlam headliner, with the question being whether or not RVD was in cahoots with Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar or not. RVD would be like "Nah, man -- Paul and I ended years ago when he screwed me out of the ECW Title," but you could have mended bridges there.

RVD could be the unique client of Heyman's that it is OK to cheer and buy the merchandise of. A good guy that is just showing loyalty to the man who got him his start. Or he could turn out to be completely devious and far cooler than anyone thought.

Emperor Smeat
10-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Agree with Tedious in that the fans would still cheer for RVD even as a heel. Would need to neuter a lot of RVD's moveset which won't work for the type of wrestler that he is.

Corporate CockSnogger
10-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Much like your TPWW handle, I think Paul Heyman should re-brand himself as Paul He-Man and call his stable the Masters of the Universe. This would eventually lead to Bo Dallas being called up to the roster to face them as Skeletor since he kind of already looks like a skinless skull.

Corporate CockSnogger
10-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Failing that he should simply follow in the footsteps of TPWW poster Iginfest, and briefly re-brand himself as CockSnogger, whereby his gimmick is that he fellates his entire stable in the ring.

CSL
10-09-2013, 07:56 PM
they could get Van Dam over as a heel quite easily. He was cheered as a heel when he came in because he was a brand new experience to the "WWE audience", that style was pretty "fresh" back then. And they hardly went out of their way to get the crowd on his back. That's far from the case now, it'd just be another heel turn if that's the direction they wanted to go in.

Heyman
10-09-2013, 08:18 PM
they could get Van Dam over as a heel quite easily. He was cheered as a heel when he came in because he was a brand new experience to the "WWE audience", that style was pretty "fresh" back then. And they hardly went out of their way to get the crowd on his back. That's far from the case now, it'd just be another heel turn if that's the direction they wanted to go in.

Completely agree.

Curd
10-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Failing that he should simply follow in the footsteps of TPWW poster Iginfest, and briefly re-brand himself as CockSnogger, whereby his gimmick is that he fellates his entire stable in the ring.

Meme this, Igin. :)

http://www.inboxdollars.com/graphics/advertisers/mailings/insweb/2013/blonde-in-car_01.jpg

Anybody Thrilla
10-10-2013, 02:10 PM
What if they made him a Heyman guy, but just kept him a face? It could add another dimension to the stable. RVD could be like "I think Ryback and Axel are douchebags, but Heyman's always done right by me", or somewhere thereabouts.