PDA

View Full Version : Games You Didn't Finish, Because They Weren't That Good

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
10-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Not games that were too difficult, but games that just weren't good enough to warrant playing any further. The more recently you attempted to play them, the better.

PC

Dead Rising 2
GTA: San Andreas
Risen
Renegade Ops
EYE: Divine Cybermancy
Commandos 3
Legendary
Dungeon Siege
Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm Of Zehir
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

I shall add more as I think of them.

Razzamajazz
10-13-2013, 05:07 PM
skyrim
xmen3 the movie: the game (or something like that) i put in only 15 minutes before it got sold

OssMan
10-13-2013, 06:31 PM
resonance of fate
valkyrie profile
star wars lightsaber duels

Corporate CockSnogger
10-13-2013, 06:42 PM
Like 95% of games I've ever bought that weren't a final fantasy or a sports game that can't be "completed."

KIRA
10-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Infamous

Both Arkham games...jk

EA MMA

Spider-Man WoS

RE 5

DaveBrawl
10-14-2013, 08:46 AM
TNA Impact Wrestling is the only one I can think of. Usually I try to power through them even if they are awful, but that was just too much.

Emperor Smeat
10-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Gears of War 1
Viva Pinata
Fable II: Episode 1

Rhythm Heaven Fever

VSG
10-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Assassin's Creed 1
FarCry 2

Pretty sure there are more.

whiteyford
10-16-2013, 07:05 AM
TNA Impact Wrestling is the only one I can think of. Usually I try to power through them even if they are awful, but that was just too much.

You didn't miss much.

I've never really skipped over a game because it wasn't that good, just more something shinier came into view and it's more hassle to go back then I feel it's worth.

Although Oblivion is one I skipped because I levelled up 'wrong' and it got to the point I couldn't get past anything so I lost all enjoyment.

DaveBrawl
10-16-2013, 08:39 AM
I've never been so close to breaking a game as I was that one after losing that stupid Team 3d tag team match over and over again because of stupid things that didn't work when I hit the buttons.

I even found a easy/cheap way to beat the game, but just couldn't be bothered to go back and do it.

Well actually I broke the case to a copy of Mortal Kombat once by trying to turn off the power switch with my foot and hitting the front cover of the game half of the front came off while the rest of the cartridge stayed in the SNES, twas unintentional though.

whiteyford
10-16-2013, 08:46 AM
It was so like TNA it was almost like they planned it that way as some kind of social commentary, just so much potential but ultimately shit.

DaveBrawl
10-16-2013, 08:50 AM
So true.

Cool King
10-16-2013, 08:55 AM
The only games I can think of at the moment are two Zelda games.

Majora's Mask & Twilight Princess.

I know both are favourable games with the majority of Zelda fans, especially the latter, but I just couldn't get into them and they also just annoyed me at the same time.

I guess I can give some leeway to Majora's Mask though as I was a kid back then and if I didn't like a game, I didn't play it at all after I decided I didn't like it. But with Twilight Princess, I really tried to get into the game by playing it more than once, but I just couldn't get into it. :-\

Savio
10-16-2013, 09:02 AM
GTA: San Andreas

racist

screech
10-16-2013, 10:32 AM

Got this for $5 at Gamestop. I paid too much.

DaveBrawl
10-16-2013, 11:23 AM
I think I paid like $10-$15 off ebay for it when I bought my 360. Can't believe I traded Sacred 2 in shortly after buying it since I wasn't playing it and kept TNA for so long.

whiteyford
10-16-2013, 11:32 AM
It was just so much missed potential.

screech
10-16-2013, 11:37 AM
The controls were horrendous, for one. But it was Midway so I wasn't surprised.

CSL
10-16-2013, 11:52 AM
didn't finish The Last of Us, won't finish Beyond: Two Souls, didn't finish Red Dead, haven't even opened the last Hitman game or Max Payne 3 yet, didn't finish The Ballad of Gay Tony etc, dunno. Not so much that they weren't good, just lose interest easily. Already struggle to play the GTA story mode for more than 20mins and I'm only maybe half way through

Ruien
10-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Final Fantasy Xlll. Hated the battle system.

weather vane
10-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Double Dragon 3

Ultra Mantis
10-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Spiderman 2: The movie

Raven Reaper
10-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Dead Island, Portal 2 (Ragequit on level 7 I think), Any game with LEGO on it.

whiteyford
10-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Spiderman 2: The movie

isn't that the one that's universally lauded?

Requiem
10-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Borderlands 2

Just got bored really fast. Honestly was bored within a few days. Everyone I knew played the game religiously at first, leveled up really high, and I was still back at the beginning going through the early stages. So I'd have people make characters to play with me, but the timing was always off on when we could play, and people would level up those characters and get out of sync with what I was doing. Hated getting invited to higher level areas when I was low because I could do literally nothing against the enemies there. Wasn't fun. Then at some point, even with a couple people who were 'relatively close' level to me, I just got bored. It was like World of Warcraft meets FPS. Hated the quest design, missions were repetitive and just about always the same format. The game was just really uninspired and samey to me.

LoDownM
10-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Two Worlds 2
Blade of Time

Divinity 2

Requiem
10-17-2013, 05:03 PM
didn't finish The Last of Us, won't finish Beyond: Two Souls, didn't finish Red Dead, haven't even opened the last Hitman game or Max Payne 3 yet, didn't finish The Ballad of Gay Tony etc, dunno. Not so much that they weren't good, just lose interest easily. Already struggle to play the GTA story mode for more than 20mins and I'm only maybe half way through

send me your "beyond: two souls", i want to play

Ultra Mantis
10-18-2013, 06:00 PM
isn't that the one that's universally lauded?

All I remember is being really bored and Toby Maguire sounding really bored, so if I was bored and Toby Maguire was bored everyone else probably did love it.

weather vane
10-21-2013, 01:30 AM
Almost didn't just finish Mickey's Mousecapade because Minnie makes me want to lose my fucking mind in that game.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-21-2013, 03:53 AM
-The two Lego games I played (Star Wars and Harry Potter.)
-The Fifth Element (PSX.) This pissed me off with how shitty it was since the movie kicked all kinds of ass.
-Every baseball game since MVP Baseball died.

Don't remember much disappointment in video games. I usually read reviews and avoid games that suck (except for MLB2k.)

whiteyford
10-21-2013, 12:37 PM
All I remember is being really bored and Toby Maguire sounding really bored, so if I was bored and Toby Maguire was bored everyone else probably did love it.

Tony Maguire is always bored though. And terrible.

Ultra Mantis
10-22-2013, 05:03 PM
He's no Jerry Maguire that's for sure. He played a great Tom Cruise in that one movie.

whiteyford
10-23-2013, 12:21 AM
Seabiscuit?

Tom Guycott
10-27-2013, 12:23 AM

Same game, but because of this asshole:

http://www.kotowari.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/iw58nk581wrg6dhviptg9lx6zth7zp4w1.jpg

He prob'ly "redeems" himself at some point, but he's such a turd that I didn't care. And once I was forced to play as him, when they started in on that "everyone becomes party leader at some point" thing they were doing, I lost interest and haven't touched it since. I was hoping he'd get the Aerith treatment, but since he's apparently in the sequels, there's no such luck.

Ultra Mantis
10-27-2013, 11:52 AM
Seabiscuit?

I think it was called Vanilla Sky.

road doggy dogg
10-28-2013, 12:39 AM
So many games listed here make me angry

The Vindicator
11-01-2013, 02:55 AM
Not finishing a game out due to it being bad is not something that happens to me a lot. Even in pretty bad games, I can find bits I like and at least push through to the end once. Two exceptions come to mind.

Xenosaga. It's been sitting on my shelf for years now and all I can really remember about it is reaching around the halfway point and thinking to myself: "The hell is going on?"

More recently, however, is The Witcher. And it isn't because it's bad, in the traditional sense at least. I've attempted to play through several times and each time I get to about the same place and then get distracted, so it's really just bad at keeping me enthralled.

And then I bought Witcher 2. Because Steam sale. And I have no plans to play it until I beat the first one.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
11-02-2013, 03:58 PM
There is a special place in Hell for people who aren't enthralled by The Witcher.

OssMan
11-02-2013, 04:09 PM
why did you put XLLL

Curtis
11-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Skyrim - That game is ASS. I only played a couple of hours and was bored out of my mind. Prolly one of the most boring games ive ever bought.

Destor
11-02-2013, 09:10 PM
this thread fills me with rage. fuck 70% of you guys.

The Vindicator
11-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Remembered one that I didn't think about because it was only a rental. Lost Planet. Didn't get much into the story, but I remember absolutely hating the control scheme. Only rental I ever returned early.

Kane Knight
11-07-2013, 02:29 PM
GTA IV. I enevtually played the hell out of GTA 3 and Vice City, and I've put like ten times the hours into V that I did to IV. It just wasn't all that good. Once the "wow" factor war off....I was pretty much done.