PDA

View Full Version : Russo or Kreski: who had a better impact?

scatterbrain28
10-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Vince Russo came aboard as a writer in 1996 and became head writer the following year. He was more of an idea man that fed his ideas to McMahon who shaped his ideas into various storylines. He created the Attitude Era and created such storylines and ideas as:

Austin vs. McMahon

Mankind vs. the Rock

Sable taking her top off

DX vs. the Nation

Austin and Undertaker moments (McMahon getting sprayed with beer by Austin, Taker kidnapping Stephanie) that would make today's WWE look like Sesame Street

Chris Kreski, a nearly unknown name, took over for Russo when he left for WCW in October 1999. He used storyboards and created more textured storylines. Stephanie took his job in November of 2000 but he remained with the company until 2002. His storylines and ideas under his tenure include:

Austin getting run over by a car (and getting revenge on HHH)

McMahon-Helmsley era

Hardcore title defended 24/7

E&C, Hardys, and Dudleys squaring off in various hardcore matches

The rise of Benoit and Jericho

What I'm asking is: Who had more of a positive impact on the WWF.

bigmac
10-28-2013, 08:42 AM
For me Russo.

The Austin-McMahon feud was huge and made Austin a megastar.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Kreski. Russo was overrated.

Hanso Amore
10-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Which ever one got Sable to be naked a bunch for Teen me to crank down to. That person is my hero. So Russo.

Curd
10-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Which ever one got Sable to be naked a bunch for Teen me to crank down to. That person is my hero. So Russo.

A whole bunch of friends and I cranked it Marvelous Marc. Yay Russo! :heart:

But I like underdogs, so I'll vote Kreski.

Hey scatterbrain28, maybe make this a poll? (I hope that didn't sound rude.)

Curtis
10-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Russo.

I love stupid and sex/violence laced storylines made for shock value and lots of SWERVES.

Russo.

Shisen Kopf
10-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Russo,,,anti tradition,,,

Bad News Gertner
10-29-2013, 10:20 PM
Said this about Russo: gives himself way too much credit and doesn't get enough credit from everybody else.