PDA

View Full Version : For all of you complaining about "The Authority"/D-Bry/Big Show angle... *RE-OPENED/IM SUPER AWESOME AND NICE*

Tony Revolution
11-02-2013, 02:40 AM
I haven't seen too much talk about it lately, since the post HIAC shit storm anyways, but it has been a common opinion on most IWC sites lately that this angle sucks. I couldn't disagree more, and actual think this is the best work Triple H has ever done on the mic.

YOU are the ones taking it so realistically! WE know that all the guys Triple H is shitting on ARE good talents, and a few of them DO have the potential to be GREAT. The WWE is banking on this push back from the fans. The only people making Trips comments out to be REAL are marks, real, actual marks. THIS SHIT IS SCRIPTED!!! We know the wrestlers, we have our opinions of them, stop being such weak pussies and stand up for the guys you like! Triple H is doing such a good job, he is actually convincing you dumbasses that the wrestlers you like suck...fucking brilliant.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING!!

The Dastardly One
11-02-2013, 02:46 AM
I said the same thing to Al Borland when that bastard Tim the Tool Man Taylor was holding him back.

Tony Revolution
11-02-2013, 02:55 AM
But Borland was like the Funkasaurus of Tool Time. Everyone loved the guy and he was always good for a laugh...but we ALL know he would've crumbled under the pressure of being the lead man.

jbizness
11-02-2013, 03:06 AM
Trips is playing a pretty good heel that u want to get beat down. So he's doing his job. He's invoking a decent crowd response, although he falls flat sometimes in comparison to Daniel Bryan. The problem with the product is more that the writing just hasn't been very good since SummerSlam. Im even starting to think WWE should hire Noid.

Shadrick
11-02-2013, 03:26 AM
you sure told us

Tony Revolution
11-02-2013, 04:06 AM
you sure told us

Just my view on the angle, I see enough threads of people doing nothing but bitching and moaning about it so I figured a positive outlook on the angle was in order.

Tony Revolution
11-02-2013, 04:09 AM
Trips is playing a pretty good heel that u want to get beat down. So he's doing his job. He's invoking a decent crowd response, although he falls flat sometimes in comparison to Daniel Bryan.

Haven't heard that loud of an asshole chant in a while...

Destor
11-02-2013, 04:27 AM
your name is horrid

Tony Revolution
11-02-2013, 04:57 AM
your name is horrid

Weird thing to hate on, but ok...want to talk about wrestling? :shifty:

Destor
11-02-2013, 05:01 AM
Weird thing to hate on, but ok...want to talk about wrestling? :shifty:
no i want to talk to you about changing that awful name. life time jobber name right there. xTONYxREVOLUTIONx4956864823

Destor
11-02-2013, 05:03 AM
i dont even know what you were thinking

Destor
11-02-2013, 05:03 AM
like i dont think i can talk to you

Destor
11-02-2013, 05:04 AM
i may just have to close this thread so no one talks to you till you settle this

Destor
11-02-2013, 05:06 AM
what were you thinking when you did this?

Destor
no

Destor
this just wont do

Destor
11-02-2013, 05:07 AM
we will revise the situation once you've come to your senses

Destor
11-02-2013, 05:09 AM
http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?p=4327984#post4327984

Destor
there you go

Destor
get on that

Destor
11-02-2013, 05:11 AM
xTONYxREVOLUTIONx i do this because i care

Destor
I want you to succeed xTONYxREVOLUTIONx

Destor
you are smart enough

Destor
11-02-2013, 05:12 AM
brave enough

Destor
11-02-2013, 05:12 AM
and dog gone it people like you

Destor
11-02-2013, 05:20 AM
*sigh*

Destor
*OPENED*

Destor
..you try and help a guy out...

Destor
they just cant appreciate the valuable wisdom you give them

Destor
people will never learn...amirite?

whiteyford
11-02-2013, 05:43 AM
dancedancerevolution

Tony Revolution
11-02-2013, 05:48 AM
dancedancerevolution

I kind of like this, and will consider this in my name change...

Destor
11-02-2013, 05:49 AM
dancedanceDAVEolution

Destor
11-02-2013, 05:51 AM
http://wwe2tna.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/batista-006.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=lPZUOtLuKgk5KM&tbnid=x21ImeZjGZJxBM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ign.com%2Fboards%2Fthreads%2Fpro-wrestling-board-member-update-4-21-2013.452970801%2F&ei=MMt0UpStErih4AP394GQDw&bvm=bv.55819444,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNHP0fJ5AamIWlAKyPkk2CmMt2JrFw&ust=1383472298361090)

whiteyford
11-02-2013, 05:53 AM
Not gonna be able to top that, got your new avatar and everything.

Tony Revolution
11-02-2013, 06:01 AM
http://www.screened.com/magic-mike/16-205705/all-images/132-2561269/kevin_nash_in_a_thong/131-630661/

dancedanceKEVolution

Destor
11-02-2013, 06:02 AM
dancedanceREDXolution

Tony Revolution
11-02-2013, 06:07 AM
god damn phone! take 2...http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/5010/630661-kevin_nash_in_a_thong.jpg

Noid
11-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Tony Tony Revolution would be a fine name for you. And you make good points about Triple H. This should lead to Shawn Michaels vs. Daniel Bryan. That is all I have to say.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-03-2013, 12:58 AM
I don't trust people With O's or X's at the start of their screen-names.

parkmania
11-03-2013, 01:07 AM
Tony Toni Tone has done it again.

Heisenberg
11-03-2013, 01:09 AM
Big Boot Revolution

Tony Revolution
11-03-2013, 02:09 AM
Just put in the request for a name change to Tony Revolution...I was shown the error of my ways.

Tony Revolution
11-03-2013, 02:35 AM
Tony Tony Revolution would be a fine name for you. And you make good points about Triple H. This should lead to Shawn Michaels vs. Daniel Bryan. That is all I have to say.

Always liked Trips, but never considered him one of my favs. I just feel like he's catching a TON of unwarranted shit because people want Bryan as champ now. I think D-Bry would be a great WWE champ, but he still has an ass load of time to grow. Dude has been in 2 mania matches, and one of them was only 18 seconds long...let him establish a presence at Mania, have more top tier programs (I'd say he's had 2, his breif one with Punk and this Authority angle) and settle in as a main guy before he has a nice, long, well deserved title run.

HBK vs. Bryan would be a perfect program to run heading into or at Mania before his inevitable title run. Unfortunatley, I don't think HBK will do it.

Fox
11-05-2013, 12:16 AM
I haven't seen too much talk about it lately, since the post HIAC shit storm anyways, but it has been a common opinion on most IWC sites lately that this angle sucks. I couldn't disagree more, and actual think this is the best work Triple H has ever done on the mic.

YOU are the ones taking it so realistically! WE know that all the guys Triple H is shitting on ARE good talents, and a few of them DO have the potential to be GREAT. The WWE is banking on this push back from the fans. The only people making Trips comments out to be REAL are marks, real, actual marks. THIS SHIT IS SCRIPTED!!! We know the wrestlers, we have our opinions of them, stop being such weak pussies and stand up for the guys you like! Triple H is doing such a good job, he is actually convincing you dumbasses that the wrestlers you like suck...fucking brilliant.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING!!

Okay, here's the thing you don't seem to understand, and the thing that WWE doesn't seem to understand with this angle.

You don't make your opponent look like a loser, because it means nothing when you beat them and lowers the overall level of the angle. You attack the person, you attack their character, you attack their accomplishments - you do not attack their skill in the ring, because then when you beat them there is no impact. This subject is discussed in Mick Foley's first book - I don't quite remember whom, but someone got pissed at Mick in his early years for tearing him apart in an interview and saying he was a terrible wrestler - a very good interview - essentially killing all of his heat and lessening the importance of the overall feud. This is universally understood among the wrestling community.

When Triple H says "Daniel Bryan is a B+ wrestler who could never be the face of the company," he's making him look like a loser. And then when Randy beats him, it doesn't make anyone look that great. Of course Orton won - Bryan is only a B+ player, like they told us all along. It would be slightly different if Bryan won (like he did against Cena at SS), but every time he wins, something happens to make him look like a loser.

It's very similar to the WrestleMania XIX WHC situation, in my eyes. Triple H spends weeks saying Booker T doesn't belong in the spotlight with someone like him, that he's sub-par, and doesn't deserve the WHC. And then Triple H beats him at Mania (not clean) and proves his point, making Booker look like shit, and making Trips look about the same, as all he did was beat a guy who wasn't good enough - like he told us all along. Booker never really recovered from that angle - he had so much potential as a main event face in the WWE, and Mania XIX was the perfect time to pull the trigger and give Booker the "Benoit treatment" (a Mania win and a 4-5 month run with what was, at the time, the premier title in the company), but this never happened. Booker fought Triple H one more time in a 6-man at Backlash, and then the angle was over, and Booker never really crossed paths with HHH again. He didn't win his WHC until years later as a heel, after the WHC had been relegated as the 2nd tier championship belt.

I pray there's a long term plan here, but I'm not convinced. We're shortly headed into WrestleMania season and nothing suggests that Bryan will be anywhere near the WWE Championship heading into the 30th WrestleMania. Maybe he'll get his big win next year, but his crowd reactions have already diminished considerably from where they were a few months ago, and by the time they decide to pull the trigger, it might be too late to truly capitalize.

And don't tell me that "at least he'll still get his run with the title." That's bullshit. You can strike an iron after it's cooled, but you're not going to make many quality swords when you're twiddling your fucking thumbs and letting the heat dissipate. WWE has made this mistake so many times in the past it's insane. This is nothing new. But like that cheating whore you keep letting back into your life, it still hurts every time.

Tony Revolution
11-05-2013, 02:23 AM
I pray there's a long term plan here, but I'm not convinced. We're shortly headed into WrestleMania season and nothing suggests that Bryan will be anywhere near the WWE Championship heading into the 30th WrestleMania. Maybe he'll get his big win next year, but his crowd reactions have already diminished considerably from where they were a few months ago, and by the time they decide to pull the trigger, it might be too late to truly capitalize.

And don't tell me that "at least he'll still get his run with the title." That's bullshit. You can strike an iron after it's cooled, but you're not going to make many quality swords when you're twiddling your fucking thumbs and letting the heat dissipate. WWE has made this mistake so many times in the past it's insane. This is nothing new. But like that cheating whore you keep letting back into your life, it still hurts every time.

I def see some of your points and frustrations. A lot of peoples frustrations I think, just come down to patience. This has only been going on since August (late August), not even 3 months. I think WWE saw that what they were shooting for with the angle, wasnt exactly how the fans were taking it. Like you said, Bryan's pops losing that...pop. I think the move to the angle with the Wyatt's is for D-Bry AND Punk to gain back some momentum heading into Mania season.

You said you didnt see anything suggesting Bryan would be back in the title picture. To this I say, look a little deeper at the angle. Wyatt is clearly working for a higher power with his references to "the devil" and attacking Bryan and Punk suggest this higher power has The Autorities agenda in mind. A brief story arc, ultimately tying Bryan and Punk back to the Authority AND the WWE title, in my opinion.

Also, all your points about beating the guy that gets shit on are valid, if the guy you shit on ever loses clean. I think thats where the disconnect between the fans and the WWE has been in this angle. The WWE feels that by never having Bryan lose clean he can keep looking strong despite losing and getting shit on by Trips, and I agree. How can Bryan have lost ANY credibility when Orton has NEVER beaten him cleanly? Bryan looks stronger, in my opinion, beacause the Authority has had to stoop to every underhanded tatic in the book just to keep the title off D-Bry. Its all in how you look at it, and while it is frustrating that Bryan hasnt had his moment yet, I assure you it is coming.

I think the frustration is ultimately what the WWE was looking for, but for some reason, a lot of the fans see Bryan getting weaker, instead of stronger with his ongoing struggles against the Authority.

Tony Revolution
11-05-2013, 03:01 AM
When Triple H says "Daniel Bryan is a B+ wrestler who could never be the face of the company," he's making him look like a loser. And then when Randy beats him, it doesn't make anyone look that great. Of course Orton won - Bryan is only a B+ player, like they told us all along. It would be slightly different if Bryan won (like he did against Cena at SS), but every time he wins, something happens to make him look like a loser.

Actually...he's getting heat, because he is the villian on a fictional television show...he is suppose to make his opponents look inferior. So, you are mad at Triple H for doing his job, instead of being mad at yourself for totally forgetting how Bryan loses, and just remembering the fact that he lost? He's getting SCREWED EVERY MATCH! How has everyone forgotten that, without outside interference, D-Bry is the WWE champ. I think him BEATING CENA CLEAN, right before all of this shit started going down is somehow forgotten after only 2 and a half months? WTF? They did this so you KNOW he is an A+ player, despite what was about to be thrown his way by the Authority. For whatever reason, people are too impatient or too stupid to remember what happened 2 months ago.

Summerslam: Bryan beats JOHN FUCKING CENA, 1-2-3 in August (18th, less than 3 months ago). Gets pedigreed after an epic battle with Cena, and loses the belt to Orton.

Next night on Raw: Triple H starts telling D-Bry the he is a B+ player. THE NIGHT AFTER HE BEAT JOHN FUCKING CENA FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! And everyone goes ape shit because of it.

What the hell is the matter with everyone?!?! He beat JOHN FUCKING CENA!!! I think the WWE has the confidence in him to let him have a run. Why is everyone so quick to forget?

To the best of my knowledge, Cena has been pinned cleanly by one man in, at least, the last calender year, maybe longer...That man is Daniel Bryan, and it was less than 3 months ago. Try looking at things from a different angle, and not always, "oh, woe is Daniel Bryan, they're picking on him again. :( "

parkmania
11-05-2013, 09:41 PM
He beat JOHN FUCKING CENA!!! I think the WWE has the confidence in him to let him have a run. Why is everyone so quick to forget?

Did DB beat Cena so that he could have a run or so that they could get the title over to Orton without resorting to Cena vs. Orton for the 5th or 6th time in the last 3 years?

Tony Revolution
11-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Did DB beat Cena so that he could have a run or so that they could get the title over to Orton without resorting to Cena vs. Orton for the 5th or 6th time in the last 3 years?

Orton cashed in and Cena was on his way to surgery...they easily couldve had Cena beat Bryan and Orton cash in on Cena if they were just "getting the title over to Orton" and still avoided a Cena/Orton match since he was only cashing in and Cena was going under the knife.

What is the validity in this point anyways? If D-Bry beat Cena just to get the title to Orton, why have the 3 month run he's had now? Why not just move straight to the Big Show match?

Chapter 1 of Daniel Bryan's championship novel just ended...remember, the beginning is always the hardest part to get through.

Destor
11-06-2013, 12:45 AM
Danielson is Al Bundy. you cant lose sight of that. The character doesnt work if he's on top. he has to have conflict. he has to be either perceiving himself to being held back or actually being held back. thats his gimmick. if you guys seriously think him having a long title reign is a good thing you dont understand the gimmick at all. it would KILL HIM. al bundy never gets a moment of happiness, he gets so close he fools himself into thinking its ok to finally be happy and in that moment he crushed completely. and thats danielson's gimmick. AND IT FABULOUS. because you want him to have it, but he never will.

Tony Revolution
11-06-2013, 02:01 AM
Good fucking point. Never really looked at it that way. I still think his run with the belt WILL come, probably not a 434 day run like Punk, but he will have a month or so as champ and will ALWAYS be a highly featured member of the roster. So much like Foley.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-06-2013, 02:03 AM
Danielson is Al Bundy. you cant lose sight of that. The character doesnt work if he's on top. he has to have conflict. he has to be either perceiving himself to being held back or actually being held back. thats his gimmick. if you guys seriously think him having a long title reign is a good thing you dont understand the gimmick at all. it would KILL HIM. al bundy never gets a moment of happiness, he gets so close he fools himself into thinking its ok to finally be happy and in that moment he crushed completely. and thats danielson's gimmick. AND IT FABULOUS. because you want him to have it, but he never will.

Let's ROCK!

scatterbrain28
11-06-2013, 07:05 PM
When Austin "fought the power" he had the belt to prove he was the champion. If Vince pulled the kind of crap on Austin that they've done with Bryan, WCW would win the Monday Night Wars.

#1-wwf-fan
11-06-2013, 07:12 PM
He would have though. Because Austin was an A+ star and Bryan is not.

scatterbrain28
11-06-2013, 08:44 PM
He would have though. Because Austin was an A+ star and Bryan is not.

I dare you to name someone who's first title reign was smoking hot as Austin's. He had a red hot smoking angle going in. It's a once in a lifetime thing. Even the Rock and Foley had to work hard to get out of Austin's shadow. It took time, but they became the faces of the Attitude Era.

scatterbrain28
11-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Look, it can be fun to see a new guy come on the scene and win the title, and they sky's the limit. Who's he gonna face? How's he gonna stand up to his challengers? Who's he gonna have a hot feud with? And if you deny that to fans that invested greatly in this guy (Those Yes chants were pretty loud), you're gonna piss a lot of people off. I don't think the higher ups have understood what they have done.

#1-wwf-fan
11-07-2013, 02:09 AM
The "Yes" chants are pretty loud for Big Show too.

Destor
11-07-2013, 02:14 AM
its reaching "what" levels as far as chants go but danielson still deserves the credit

The Midnight Gertner
11-07-2013, 02:15 AM
I dare you to name someone who's first title reign was smoking hot as Austin's. He had a red hot smoking angle going in. It's a once in a lifetime thing. Even the Rock and Foley had to work hard to get out of Austin's shadow. It took time, but they became the faces of the Attitude Era.

Hogan's

The Midnight Gertner
11-07-2013, 02:16 AM
Look, it can be fun to see a new guy come on the scene and win the title, and they sky's the limit. Who's he gonna face? How's he gonna stand up to his challengers? Who's he gonna have a hot feud with? And if you deny that to fans that invested greatly in this guy (Those Yes chants were pretty loud), you're gonna piss a lot of people off. I don't think the higher ups have understood what they have done.

Who are they really "pissing off"? The IWC who shits on everything?

#1-wwf-fan
11-07-2013, 02:16 AM
I kinda want Bryan to get the IC Title and have a Angle/Jericho/Benoit-esque reign with it where he's defending guys like Ziggler, stealing shows and making the title meaningful again.

Destor
11-07-2013, 02:17 AM
and to top it off they only make up about 1% if the audience...so fuck em

XL
11-07-2013, 01:56 PM

I thought the pop for Show's entrance was pretty weak this past week, though.

Tony Revolution
11-08-2013, 12:38 AM
I kinda want Bryan to get the IC Title and have a Angle/Jericho/Benoit-esque reign with it where he's defending guys like Ziggler, stealing shows and making the title meaningful again.

I totally agree with this. The best way to make the IC title relevent again is to change the guys trying to get it. To me, Bryan, Ziggler, Del Rio and Sheamus should all be looking for the IC strap. They are all by the book old school IC champs, great workers in the ring, who almost ALWAYS put on a good match with the opportunity to steal the show.

Fox
11-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Pretty sure it's fucking over for Bryan as a main eventer. Lots of new stories and dirt sheets are reporting that Big Show's recent push to the main event, Cena's early return and World Title victory, and more of an emphasis on guys like Luke Harper and Roman Reigns are due to the low buyrates for Summerslam and Night of Champions, which is being blamed on the push of Daniel Bryan. At current time, Bryan's best shot for Mania is a match against HBK, which is highly unlikely. The odds of him being anywhere near the WWE or WHC picture come Mania are very bad.

Fox
11-09-2013, 12:37 PM
I def see some of your points and frustrations. A lot of peoples frustrations I think, just come down to patience. This has only been going on since August (late August), not even 3 months. I think WWE saw that what they were shooting for with the angle, wasnt exactly how the fans were taking it. Like you said, Bryan's pops losing that...pop. I think the move to the angle with the Wyatt's is for D-Bry AND Punk to gain back some momentum heading into Mania season.

You said you didnt see anything suggesting Bryan would be back in the title picture. To this I say, look a little deeper at the angle. Wyatt is clearly working for a higher power with his references to "the devil" and attacking Bryan and Punk suggest this higher power has The Autorities agenda in mind. A brief story arc, ultimately tying Bryan and Punk back to the Authority AND the WWE title, in my opinion.

Also, all your points about beating the guy that gets shit on are valid, if the guy you shit on ever loses clean. I think thats where the disconnect between the fans and the WWE has been in this angle. The WWE feels that by never having Bryan lose clean he can keep looking strong despite losing and getting shit on by Trips, and I agree. How can Bryan have lost ANY credibility when Orton has NEVER beaten him cleanly? Bryan looks stronger, in my opinion, beacause the Authority has had to stoop to every underhanded tatic in the book just to keep the title off D-Bry. Its all in how you look at it, and while it is frustrating that Bryan hasnt had his moment yet, I assure you it is coming.

I think the frustration is ultimately what the WWE was looking for, but for some reason, a lot of the fans see Bryan getting weaker, instead of stronger with his ongoing struggles against the Authority.

But that really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. In the end, the guy with the title is "the guy," and what people remember is the Champion, not always necessarily how he won it. Is Eddie Guerrero's WWE Championship run any less prestigious because Goldberg helped him beat Brock Lesnar? Do people say, "Oh, Eddie was amazing, but he only won the WWE Title because of Goldberg."

A loss tarnishes a wrestler's standing when the end result ultimately makes them look weak. When Austin got "screwed" out of the WWF Title, he didn't show up on RAW the next night with a big frown and complain to the boss. He rolled in on a zamboni and kicked the Corporation's ass. He made it unacceptable for him to get screwed. Bryan just bitches about it and then goes and lets himself get bent over again, and then one more time, and then he drops it and goes after the Wyatts. If that doesn't make him look weak, I don't know what does.

James Steele
11-10-2013, 10:31 PM
http://www.wrestling-match.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Triple-H-triple-h-416878_456_352.jpg