PDA

View Full Version : Goldust's Makeup Effect

el bobbo
11-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Sup,

Do you remember the early days of Goldust when the makeup didn't wear off during matches? That shit never wore off. He was the character until the final moment of the match.

Now, in his current run, it wears off the more he gets into the match. It almost totally disappears and reveals Dustin Rhodes. I feel it gives off a more realistic vibe while still clinging to the old, nostalgic Goldust character we know and love.

How do you guys feel about this? I for one think it's a great throwback to the old days of Goldust mixed with the new, reality driven characters.

Krimzon7
11-07-2013, 07:57 AM
on Raw, He did the finisher and got the pin in a six man tag match....his makeup was flawless.

JimmyMess
11-07-2013, 09:48 AM
The old paint was probably that really thick shit that closes your pores.... like the tin man in wizard of oz. It is really uncomfortable apparently, and probably made it harder for him to breathe during the match.

All in all, its still cool when he wears the paint, and regardless of it coming off or not, he's still Goldust! and Goldust is AWESOMEDUST.

el bobbo
11-09-2013, 12:51 AM
I created this thread when I was really god damn drunk the other night.

@JimmyMesss: I didn't know that theater makeup could keep people from breathing properly. It's cool that he's wearing the lighter stuff now, that wears off a bit, because it makes the gimmick fucking work these days.

@krimzon: His makeup was slowly fading away. Not that I give a fuck, but it's cool to kind of bend the lines between pre-Attitude era Goldust and current reality-era Goldust.

Theo Dious
11-09-2013, 08:06 AM
On a related note, I used to love it when Doink's makeup would be coming off during a match and he would switch with another Doink, and Vince would point out on commentary that the new Doink's makeup was perfect, and Heenan would say "oh no, see, that's self-sealing makeup he wears!"