PDA

View Full Version : So AJ Styles is leaving TNA...

Impact!
12-09-2013, 01:44 AM
At least according to the front page. Does anyone think he will be picked up by the WWE? What would you like to see him do (if you care)? Thoughts? Noid posts? etc

GD
12-09-2013, 02:52 AM
WWE is very anal about homegrown "superstars". It would be cool of them if they were to allow him to showcase his talent on their programs.

Curd
12-09-2013, 03:12 AM
For the sake of his character, I hope he doesn't because WWE would send him to NXT and keep him away from his former ROH rivals Danielson, Punk, and Cesaro to strip him of his almost 15 years of prior identity. ROH might not pay much, but I'm sure Gabe Sapolsky will be glad to book Styles at least monthly.

Bad News Gertner
12-09-2013, 03:38 AM
Gentlemen, I've got some good news and some bad news

The good news is, AJ Styles is finally branching out and leaving TNA!

Bad News Gertner
12-09-2013, 03:39 AM
The bad news is, Braden Walker did the same thing

http://i.imgur.com/w6fKz8T.png

CSL
12-09-2013, 04:52 AM
For the sake of his character, I hope he doesn't because WWE would send him to NXT and keep him away from his former ROH rivals Danielson, Punk, and Cesaro to strip him of his almost 15 years of prior identity. ROH might not pay much, but I'm sure Gabe Sapolsky will be glad to book Styles at least monthly.

lol AJ Styles having an "identity". The best thing he could do is go to WWE, at least the "WWE machine" might churn out something to make him somewhat interesting character wise ala Daniel Bryan Danielson. Combine that with his obvious in-ring talent and who knows. That's if this is true of course.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-09-2013, 04:54 AM
lol AJ Styles having an "identity". The best thing he could do is go to WWE, at least the "WWE machine" might churn out something to make him somewhat interesting character wise ala Daniel Bryan Danielson. Combine that with his obvious in-ring talent and who knows. That's if this is true of course.

Probably have to do something about his AJ Styles tattoo as they'll call him something else. Also the dates of his TNA title wins.

I wonder what this will do for the ratings...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/Minkaro/Wrestling/ratingsgif-2.gif

BigCrippyZ
12-09-2013, 05:03 AM
AJ Styles... :lol:

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-09-2013, 05:17 AM
Isn't this just part of the story with him taking the title and leaving? Why do people think it's legit?

CSL
12-09-2013, 05:25 AM
internet wrestling rule #1: if it's written somewhere online, it's true and shall be treated thusly

Impeccable
12-09-2013, 06:18 AM
If he IS indeed leaving, I would like to see WWE pick him up. Not sure how they would use him though. He'd probably get sent to NXT and repackaged as Adam James or something like that.

I recall Triple H saying earlier this year that WWE don't need anyone from TNA.

You might be able to read between the lines to believe that means they would like someone from TNA. But that would probably be Sting.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-09-2013, 06:43 AM
If he IS indeed leaving, I would like to see WWE pick him up. Not sure how they would use him though. He'd probably get sent to NXT and repackaged as Adam James or something like that.

I recall Triple H saying earlier this year that WWE don't need anyone from TNA.

You might be able to read between the lines to believe that means they would like someone from TNA. But that would probably be Sting.

Yup. They'd probably take Kurt and Jeff Hardy back too if they really really for realsies this time cleaned up.

mike adamle
12-09-2013, 06:47 AM
I heard Jeff Hardy's contract is coming up before WrestleMania too. I'm thinking we might be seeing Jeff Hardy on WrestleMania XXX

CSL
12-09-2013, 06:57 AM
there's a bunch of guys they'd probably take, Hardy, Angle and Sting for sure, Roode, Magnus, Bully Ray maybe, Gunner maybe, Jesse Godderz maybe

Bad News Gertner
12-09-2013, 07:04 AM
Really surprised Matt Morgan hasn't made his way back to the WWE. He's everything the company and myself like.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-09-2013, 07:31 AM
there's a bunch of guys they'd probably take, Hardy, Angle and Sting for sure, Roode, Magnus, Bully Ray maybe, Gunner maybe, Jesse Godderz maybe

You don't think they'd take Rockstar Spud?! Outrageous. If TNA folded, I'd like to see most of them in WWE. (not Magnus or Gunner. Not sure who Jesse is.) Long shots, but I'd love to see them take Eric Young and Bad Influence too. One other guy springs to mind...

Really surprised Matt Morgan hasn't made his way back to the WWE. He's everything the company and myself like.

Yup, Morgan needs to be back. I'm watching WCW 2000 and he's in a group of 4 agile big guys that I'm surprised never made it to at least upper mid-card mainstays, with the other 3 coming from that WCW period in Mike Awesome, Mark Jindrack and Sean O'Hare. Jinkdrak couldn't talk for shit, but in todays WWE, he'd make a great Heyman guy.

Amazed that of all the Natural Born Thrillaz, Palumbo was the one who survived the longest.

Heisenberg
12-09-2013, 08:39 AM
I could see him having Double J type success with midcard feuds and an IC title run.

He could have the Daniel Bryan suga on him and vault into a year of main event confusion, but I don't think he'll adjust well to the mic in WWE.

He does use the word Piss though, so I'm down with having him on.

MoFo
12-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Could be some fun matches with Rey, Ziggler, Del Rio etc etc.

Seen this story 9 million times though.

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2013, 12:42 PM
The WWE would be good for AJ Styles and AJ Styles would be good for the WWE. They could treat him like some big talent that has never made it to the WWE finally getting his shot (the AJ Styles story), and just present him as is. OR, you could go the route that I saw someone suggest on here and have Styles play a character that is obsessed with AJ Lee. He's so obsessed that he got her name tattooed onto him, and he's come in to help her against Natalya and, by association, Tyson Kidd.

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2013, 12:43 PM
And yes, Matt Morgan in the WWE would be a tremendous thing.

Emperor Smeat
12-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Doubt the WWE will sign him but wonder if this means TNA might keep Sting in the end. His is the next big contract coming up soon and TNA was worried about not having enough money to keep Hogan, AJ, and Sting.

Isn't this just part of the story with him taking the title and leaving? Why do people think it's legit?

The final taping from the set TNA recently did solved that situation.

Styles looses his belt to Magnus in a unification match and also doesn't get signed back by Dixie.

whiteyford
12-09-2013, 02:55 PM
He must be used to the schedule TNA has, can't see the idea of going on the road appealing to him at his age if he can make a decent living working indy shows/Japan/Mexico etc. He could be a nice steal for WWE though, just don't think they'll go in for him with any real effort.

CSL
12-09-2013, 03:21 PM
always that allure of the WWE tho, you've never really "made it" until you go there and he's not set for life and this would represent his only chance to be so in the wrestling industry. And now is probably good a time as ever to go given the success of guys like Punk, Daniel Bryan, Ambrose, Rollins and so forth

whiteyford
12-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Can't remember who said it but apparently being an ex wwe star can double your asking price on the indys/tna so I suppose if nothing else there's that for him. I dunno, bit of a shitty time to be looking to jump if you're not Sting, can't see him getting used on actual TV with the Rumble/RTWM on the horizon sadly, although all the guys CSL listed could help him put on MOTN if they brought him in and let him show off. Can't have him using Michelle McCools finisher though.

Heisenberg
12-09-2013, 03:37 PM
I would buy the first PPV Styles appeared on if he came to WWE to show support.

Vastardikai
12-09-2013, 03:39 PM
This is the only way I'll accept AJ Styles in WWE:

He's brought in as Sin Cara Rouge. Repackage Xavier Woods as Sin Cara Negro (Racist, I know). Keep Hunico as Sin Cara Azul. Repackage Dolph Ziggler as Sin Cara Rosado. And bring in Camacho as Sin Cara Amarillo.

Heisenberg
12-09-2013, 03:48 PM
You just want to see the world burn with Sin Cara Rangers, and it doesn't sound that bad, better than nothing.

I like Sin Cara w/ garbage sifting habits and recovering mastur-ahh nahh tendencies.

Sepholio
12-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Fuck all these Sin Caras. Bring back La Parka.

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2013, 04:26 PM
AJ Styles signing at this time in the year is probably a good idea for him, because they can keep him off TV until after WrestleMania, which gives him some time in NXT showing off what he can do and learning the WWE ways.

Vastardikai
12-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Fuck all these Sin Caras. Bring back La Parka.

Give him a Lord Zed gimmick, it would be the best thing EVER! :shifty:

XL
12-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Yup, Morgan needs to be back. I'm watching WCW 2000 and he's in a group of 4 agile big guys that I'm surprised never made it to at least upper mid-card mainstays, with the other 3 coming from that WCW period in Mike Awesome, Mark Jindrack and Sean O'Hare. Jinkdrak couldn't talk for shit, but in todays WWE, he'd make a great Heyman guy.

Amazed that of all the Natural Born Thrillaz, Palumbo was the one who survived the longest.
Hold on. Morgan was never in WCW. Didn't make his debut til 2002.

#1-norm-fan
12-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Yeah, he was on the second season of Tough Enough. Not sure who Hasney is thinking of.

Ultra Mantis
12-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Hasney must be talking about the Kiss Demon.

Asmo
12-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Can't believe no one has mentioned a AJ Styles / AJ Lee team.
Sheesh.

Lock Jaw
12-10-2013, 12:19 AM
Should go back to being Air Styles and team with Evan "Air" Bourne.

Air Raid 2000

Bobo
12-10-2013, 12:48 AM
Was he not recently offered a contract with a significant paycut by the WWE and he turned it down?

If he doesn't end up in WWE it would be a real lose not just for him, but for the WWE and fans too. WWE programming has gone stale and we can't keep relying on John Cena to be the main event draw. AJ Styles may be starting to age but he certainly isn't over the hill and can more than handle the stress of being on the road, Raw, Smackdown, house shows, PPVs etc.

AJ Styles would be perfect for WWE's 2014 schedule, throw him into the RR on his debut and have him win the thing. Have him feud with CM Punk, Orton, Daniel Bryan, even Cena. AJ Styles v CM Punk would be an awesome main event. His brand name will shift merchandise off the shelves. He is exactly what the WWE needs right now along with finally getting Sting and then nailing the coffin for TNA by snatching Austin Aries.

Lock Jaw
12-10-2013, 12:56 AM
AJ Styles is not a main event player. He's a solid B+. I could see feuds with some "main event" guys, but on the whole he would probably just have a thousand matches against Damien Sandow if a good guy, or against Kofi Kingston if a bad guy.

Bad News Gertner
12-10-2013, 02:39 AM
Lol Styles vs Punk wouldn't sell ice cubes to an African.

#1-norm-fan
12-10-2013, 02:46 AM
Fucking love Styles for TNA. The fact that they never got around to making him a big deal to their fanbase is pretty ridiculous.

He's definitely a B+ player WWE-wise though.

Mr. Nerfect
12-10-2013, 04:20 AM
He'd certainly come in as a mid-card attraction, but there's nothing to say that he won't catch fire and get to rub shoulders with the main event guys occasionally.

whiteyford
12-10-2013, 04:58 AM
Depends how they marketed him, if they brought him in as a big deal and stuck with his push for more than a week or two than maybe he could be more than filler, not saying he would be a perennial main eventer but he could be a top line midcarder at least if they wanted him to be.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-10-2013, 05:07 AM
Hold on. Morgan was never in WCW. Didn't make his debut til 2002.

Nah, I know that. I worded it badly, he was just in the 4 guys I wish were still in the WWE that were agile big men and the other 3 were in WCW 2000.

Mr. Nerfect
12-10-2013, 05:12 AM
I mean, I could definitely see him showing up and defeating Dean Ambrose for the US Title before long. He'd then earn the wrath of The Shield and possibly get to team with guys they are feuding with against them on occasion and even main event some SmackDown shows.

Bad News Gertner
12-10-2013, 05:25 AM
You know what would be awesome if he returned at the Royal Rumble: Planet Stasiak.

whiteyford
12-10-2013, 09:30 AM
I like you Gertner, you dream big.

mike adamle
12-10-2013, 09:45 AM
If AJ Styles came to WWE he would benefit HUGE from a feud with Chris Jericho.

Impeccable
12-10-2013, 10:19 AM
If AJ Styles came to WWE he would benefit HUGE from a feud with Chris Jericho.

To be fair, I think ANYONE would benefit from a feud with Jericho.

Lock Jaw
12-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Just look at Fandango

Kingofdaswing
12-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Just look at Fandango

I see nothing about Fandango that improved after his feud with Jericho. The only thing over is his Entrance music, which has nothing to do with him and Jericho in the ring.

whiteyford
12-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Just look at Fandango

Or Punk.

Ultra Mantis
12-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Or JTG.

CSL
12-10-2013, 03:28 PM
or Prince Iaukea

Vastardikai
12-10-2013, 03:51 PM