PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the lack of Tables, Ladders, & Chairs matches at TLC?

mike adamle
12-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Normally we get a Ladder match, a Table match, and a Chairs Match along with the TLC Match at TLC? This year we only have a TLC match. What gives?:(

whiteyford
12-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Not forcing feuds into gimmick matches that don't fit is a good thing.

Emperor Smeat
12-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Outside of the unification match, the WWE hasn't really given a reason why the other matches would need the TLC gimmicks nor have really emphasized the TLC aspect of the ppv.

Kingofdaswing
12-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Wrestlers aren't what they used too be, as well as the new health policy. Can't risk any concussions for no reason and have someone out of action for a month or two.

el bobbo
12-11-2013, 03:54 PM
I think they just forgot to include them...

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2013, 04:14 PM
A few weeks ago, I would have gone with a Ladder Match for the Tag Team Titles (which may actually still happen) between The Rhodes Legacy, The Usos, The Real Americans and The Shield, but The Shield have since become tied up elsewhere. I guess they can be replaced by Curtis Axel & Ryback, but they don't sound very "Ladder Matchy."

I was sort of expecting CM Punk & Daniel Bryan to take on The Wyatt Family in an Elimination Tables Match, but they got put into respective Handicap Matches instead. As for the Chairs Match, I thought that would have fit the direction Dolph Ziggler and Damien Sandow's random feud was taking them -- have a Chairs Match and make it special, guys.

Theo Dious
12-11-2013, 06:08 PM
They're kind of edging away from overbooking PPV's in that respect. Wasn't there only one Elimination Chamber match at EC this year?

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2013, 06:33 PM
I don't see why they just don't drop the gimmick PPVs then. They can still run Elimination Chambers in February and TLC Matches in December, but they could also choose, you know, not to...

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Truth be told, I could see them changing a few of the matches that are already confirmed into gimmick matches. I can definitely see Langston putting Sandow through a table at the PPV.

Theo Dious
12-11-2013, 08:14 PM
I have no idea why they needed to title the PPV "Elimination Chamber" in the first damn place. "No Way Out" was a more than fitting name for a PPV featuring a big fucking cage.

#1-norm-fan
12-11-2013, 08:29 PM
When the matches were first announced, I was pretty sure they were gonna make one of the 3-on-1 matches a tables match and the other a chairs match.

Mr. Nerfect
12-12-2013, 06:41 AM
I have no idea why they needed to title the PPV "Elimination Chamber" in the first damn place. "No Way Out" was a more than fitting name for a PPV featuring a big fucking cage.

I fucking agree.

Mr. Nerfect
12-12-2013, 06:45 AM
Apparently they are talking about adding Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. Big Show & Rey Mysterio vs. The Real Americans vs. RybAxel to the PPV. I'm down with that, and it'd be interesting to see some of those guys interact with each other. Man, how I would love to see Antonio Cesaro give Mysterio the Cesaro Swing. Or imagine if he could pull it off on Big Show? :eek:

I'd actually hope for a title change in that match, simply because I think it would freshen up the tag scene a bit. It's not that Cody & Goldust are bad, but it feels like they are standing atop of a mountain and no one can touch them. Any of the three challenging teams would be fine with me. Since I'm a huge mark for Cesaro, I'd love it if The Real Americans walked away with the titles.

But still no ladders, chairs or tables there.

Tommy Gunn
12-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Real Americans winning the Tag Titles would make the PPV for me.

Mr. Nerfect
12-12-2013, 07:15 AM
I agree. Love those guys together. The thing is, they are beatable too. They're credible enough to win and it to work, but you could see them losing the titles on any given night, which makes for compelling television.

Plus, neither Swagger nor Cesaro has ever been a Tag Team Champion in WWE, so it would be a new career achievement for them unlocked.

mike adamle
12-12-2013, 10:01 AM
I hope WWE pulls an Armageddon 2006 and gives us a little Christmas present and makes the Tag Title match a Ladder Match.

Mr. Nerfect
12-12-2013, 10:08 AM
I hope WWE pulls an Armageddon 2006 and gives us a little Christmas present and makes the Tag Title match a Ladder Match.

I'm actually thinking the WWE will do something like that at TLC. There aren't too many matches booked. AJ Lee vs. Natalya and Big E. Langston vs. Damien Sandow won't be long ones, either. Well, they needn't be. Langston works best in short bursts, and Sandow is good, but could also work a shorter match well. The Tag Title Match could use time, but I don't see too many guys being suited to a Ladder Match. Well, Cody Rhodes, Antonio Cesaro, Jack Swagger, Curtis Axel and Goldust could be great, but they're more great in the "inventive ways to use a ladder/ring general sense." Cody's probably the biggest risk-taker. Ryback would be solid and Big Show would work great as a big man, but there's no real "This shit is going to be crazy!" element to it. Also, they probably don't want Rey to get hurt.

I'm just wondering what the surprise will be. It doesn't really make sense, but it wouldn't surprise if CM Punk and Daniel Bryan somehow end up in the TLC Match for the Unified Championship. They're just both so over and good that I can see it happening somehow. More than likely, though, is that we'll get something with Tons of Funk and The Woods of Truth or Kofi Kingston and The Miz. I could also see Sin Cara being given a showcase against a random heel or even a debut of an NXT guy.