PDA

View Full Version : Did the Survivor Series Survive the Buyrate?!?!?!?

#BROKEN Hasney
12-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Nope. 179k buys.

For comparison:
2012: 208,000 buys
2011: 312,000 buys
2010: 244,000 buys

XL
12-19-2013, 05:15 PM
Oh man! Good job Show has already been depushed.

Skippord
12-19-2013, 05:47 PM
fucking Daniel Bryan

Innovator
12-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Good, thats what they get for that main event.

Emperor Smeat
12-19-2013, 06:10 PM
Survivor Series - 95,000 buys domestically and 84,000 buys internationally for a total of 179,000 buys according to @WONF4W

dablackguy
12-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Should be a shock to absolutely no one

It had a weak main event (Show vs Orton) and a match (Cena vs Del Rio) that no one in their right mind thought Cena would lose

Hey, Vince. Want me to buy your PPVs? Put on main events people want to see and matches that I don't know the outcome to three weeks before the event

el bobbo
12-19-2013, 07:10 PM
I remember being really fucking confused during the whole Big Show/authority storyline, ever since it began. This is coming from someone who enjoys Twin Peaks as well as most of the shit on Adult Swim.

Savio
12-19-2013, 07:17 PM
I didn't even stream it.

el bobbo
12-19-2013, 07:23 PM
I didn't even stream it.

That's a new low for them.

Savio
12-19-2013, 07:28 PM
I think Kane really should have been in big shows posistion for this angle.....maybe they originally wrote it for kane but had to change it to big show because of Kane filming.

#1-wwf-fan
12-19-2013, 08:29 PM
I thought the Show storyline was stellar until he got re-hired. I remember when he drove into the arena in that truck to help Bryan and was just driving Triple H insane and there seemed to be nothing he could do. It was attitude era-equse and made Show seem like a badass. Then he got re-hired and immediately got beaten down by the authority and was no longer anything for Triple H to worry about. Instantly ruined any intrigue that was building in the match.

Savio
12-19-2013, 10:06 PM
Yeah but Kane would be more broken up about beating up Bryan.

The Midnight Gertner
12-20-2013, 01:54 AM
Vanilla midgets continue to kill the company. There should be a rule: if you even stepped foot in ROH then you aren't welcome.

XL
12-20-2013, 05:30 AM
Yeah but Kane would be more broken up about beating up Bryan.

Pah! That'd mean they'd have to even acknowledge that Kane and Bryan were tag partners.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-20-2013, 06:59 AM
I've seen it claimed that this is the lowest Survivor Series in history and the lowest since the early 90's. I'm more likely to believe the latter, because New Generation... Yeesh.

Here's some more context of numbers:

2013 179,000 buys (early estimate)
2012 208,000 buys
2011 281,000 buys
2010 244,000 buys
2009 225,000 buys
2008 319,000 buys
2007 325,000 buys
2006 383,000 buys
2005 400,000 buys
2003 325,000 buys

XL
12-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Worse thing about being a buyrate mark is having to wait a whole month for my next fix!!!!

Noid
12-20-2013, 06:04 PM
All Daniel Bryan's fault, clearly. I expect him to be punished and pushed down the card because of this. It may not happen today or tomorrow, but some day...

#1-wwf-fan
12-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Vanilla midgets continue to kill the company.

No way. Great wrestlers who look like homeless guys who have never seen a gym in their life is what the world wants to see. That's why ROH is a year or two away from dominating the rasslin' business.

dronepool
12-20-2013, 11:09 PM
Good, thats what they get for that main event.

:y::y:

Black Widow
12-21-2013, 12:08 AM
Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!

Noid
12-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Not surprised that the buyrate was low. Cena had already triumphed over Del Rio at Hell in a Cell, so he wasn't really in an interesting position. I'd have gone with either a new challenger or Del Rio facing Cena in an I Quit Match. They could have also saved on the Sandow cash-in and had him in the wings too.

After Hell in a Cell, the money match at Survivor Series was Daniel Bryan vs. Shawn Michaels. I get that HBK wouldn't likely come out of retirement unless it were something special (like WrestleMania or something), but I was thinking yesterday just how making WrestleMania special affects other PPVs. HBK returned from his last four year absence at SummerSlam 2002. He then wrestled at Survivor Series 2002. In my perfect world, HBK vs. Daniel Bryan would have been there alongside Cena vs. Del Rio in that I Quit Match.

Triple H vs. Big Show was perfectly appropriate. The angle with Show being fired was pretty stupid in the first place, but squeezing a match in against Triple H would have helped this event sell. That leaves Randy Orton without an opponent, but CM Punk would also not be teaming up with Daniel Bryan and would have been finished with Heyman and Ryback, so Punk could have challenged Orton in the main event, which would have surely been a good match. It'd be a good place to have done a screwjob title defense for Orton too. AJ Lee could have either defended the Divas Title against Natalya, or they could have done a Total Divas vs. Team Divas Champion elimination match. Natalya, The Bella Twins & The Funkadactyls vs. AJ Lee, Tamina Snuka, Alicia Fox, Aksana & Summer Rae. Done. If you didn't want Aksana in the match, AJ and Kaitlyn could have struck up a deal to team for one night, because being at Survivor Series means more than not. Kaitlyn and AJ could have exploded mid-match and Kaitlyn could have cost Lee the fall which would have set up a Triple Threat between AJ, Kaitlyn and whoever pinned her for TLC (Natalya?).

Then you'd have the possibility of The Shield going against a team in an elimination match. They could have actually just done The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family and gotten away with it, or you could have either put the teams together or have separate elimination matches featuring them. The Wyatt Family had problems with The Miz and Kofi Kingston, so you could have kept them together against The Wyatts. Kane could have returned and gone after The Wyatts and done his Director of Operations stuff later. If The Undertaker were in shape enough to perform (and an elimination match could have protected him), then Taker wanting revenge on The Shield with Kane coming back for revenge on The Shield could have been the glue that binds all. The Shield & The Wyatt Family vs. The Undertaker, Kane, The Miz, Kofi Kingston & The Usos or something. Cody Rhodes & Goldust would have done fine, as well, but you could have had them defend the WWE Tag Team Titles against The Real Americans, like it seemed they were building to.

I mean, imagine this card:

WWE Championship
Randy Orton (c) vs. CM Punk

I Quit Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
John Cena (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio

Elimination Match
The Shield & The Wyatt Family vs. The Undertaker, Kane, The Miz, Kofi Kingston & The Usos

Shawn Michaels vs. Daniel Bryan

No Disqualification Match
Big Show vs. Triple H

Divas Elimination Match
AJ Lee, Tamina Snuka, Alicia Fox, Summer Rae & Kaitlyn vs. Natalya, The Bella Twins & The Funkadactyls

WWE Tag Team Championship
Cody Rhodes & Goldust (c) vs. The Real Americans

Kickoff Elimination Match
Curtis Axel, Ryback, Damien Sandow, Bad News Barrett & Fandango vs. Big E. Langston, Mark Henry, Rey Mysterio, Dolph Ziggler & Tyson Kidd

That would have been fucking amazing.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-21-2013, 10:08 PM
They didn't offer anybody title matches that anybody wanted to see (same exact fucking WHT match move-for-move) and they barely grazed the surface of why the Wyatt's attacked Punk and Bryan.

I bet this will make them really seriously consider putting PPVs on the WWE Network in some form. You pay for a month of the service and you get the PPV on there for free. Better to get everybody on a monthly fee than just praying the WWE Universe gives a shit about shelling out 40 bucks every month. Even though this PPV isn't about the declining PPV business it's about them putting out a lackluster main 4 PPV card. They couldn't have gotten people to even pay for the low-monthly fee for the WWE Universe with this bullshit.

dronepool
12-22-2013, 03:48 AM
I think the PPV's should be 19.99-29.99, that way people wouldn't mind actually buying the things now and then.

whiteyford
12-22-2013, 07:34 AM
I don't even remember the card, just that it was a Gertner baby.

#1-wwf-fan
12-22-2013, 04:17 PM
I remember some guys faced some other guys in a match that didn't mean much. And then another guy faced another guy in a match that meant something. Or maybe nothing. Also, chicks.