PDA

View Full Version : What game are you cunts anticipating for 2014?

#BROKEN Hasney
12-27-2013, 06:58 AM
With no confirmation of a TMNT game in 2014, it's looking like bleak times for the video game industry so far. On the plus side, we still have E3 so I'm sure we'll hear some new details then. In the meantime, what are you going to be picking up before then? Here's your buffet of Hasney-approved titles to get your motors running before you make your final decisions:

January

GAME OF THE MONTH: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/TRDE_001_thumb.jpg

ON WHAT: PS4 & XBONE
WHEN: 28/01
WHY: She has a new face!!!!!!! $60 please!! It's one thing to remake a several year old game and charge $40 for it (or $60 with the Nintendo tax... Come on, Wind Waker was worth it) but a game less than a year old and charge again? Ehhh. January is a slow month after all, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

OTHER NOTABLE TITLES THIS MONTH: Metal Gear Rising: Revengance PC Version, Assassins Creed Liberation HD, Broken Age Part 1

February

GAME OF THE MONTH: Thief

http://s3.gamefreaks.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/thief-2014_11.jpg

ON WHAT: PC, PS4, XBONE, 360, PS3
WHEN: 25/02
WHY: It's fucking Thief brought to you by the studio who did the excellent Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but not the same team. It looked shit at first, then started looking great again. Hopefully it's more like new Deus Ex than new Hitman in quality, but I really can't wait for this one.

SPECIAL HONOURABLE MENTION: Bravely Default (3DS) Coming on 7th Feb in the US, this would have been the game of the month if we didn't already have it in Europe. Yep, even those fucking Frenchies are playing it before you. It's is the best Final Fantasy game that's been released for a generation and doesn't even have the fucking FF name.

OTHER NOTABLE TITLES THIS MONTH: Fable Anniversary, FF XIII-3: Lightning Returns (Again? The stupid bitch should know where she's not wanted), Plants V Zombies: Garden Warfare, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2, Rayman Legends PS/XBONE, Professor Layton again

March

GAME OF THE MONTH: Titanfall

http://cdn3-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2013/06/titanfall.jpg

ON WHAT: PC, XBONE, 360
WHEN: 11/03
WHY: Major Nelson was quoted at some gaming event as saying "I mean, have you seen Titanfall?!" when asked for reasons why people should pick up an XBONE and while people who never liked COD games were skeptical since it comes from the same minds, the positive impressions have spread like wildfire from people who have had hands-on time with it. A game with some pace, parkour, jetpacks and mechs. It's a recipe that could come to something great. The 360 version is outsourced, so we'll have to see the quality on that one, but the PC and XBONE versions are looking great.

SPECIAL HONOURABLE MENTIONS: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes It's technically an extended demo like Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, otherwise it would be the headline again. Coming 18th of March on PS3, PS4, 360 & XBONE, it will be the first taste of the new mechanics of MGSV.

Dark Souls II PC, 360 and PS3 only, non-next-gen versions hold it back slightly for me being SUPER-PUMPED for it, but this hard as balls sequel promises even more multi-player modes and a fuck ton of content on March 11th... Fuck, that's going to be an expensive day.

OTHER NOTABLE TITLES THIS MONTH: South Park The Stick Of Truth, FFX:HD, Imfamous: Second Son

#BROKEN Hasney
12-27-2013, 07:16 AM
"Quarter 1"

GAME OF THE PERIOD: Daylight

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2136735/daylight_008.jpg

ON WHAT: PS4 & PC
WHY: I, er, got this mixed up with Dying Light which is another zombie game with Light in the title. Here's the Wiki for this one WHICH STILL SOUNDS FUCKING ACE.

"Daylight is a survival horror video game played from a first-person perspective. The player does not have access to weapons; their only tool is their cell phone, which is also their sole light source. The game features procedurally generated levels so that no two environments are the same. [2] The plot is centered around a woman who regains consciousness in an abandoned hospital with no memory of how she got there. With her cell phone as her only light source, she must explore the haunted hospital and its criminal past in order to escape."

SPECIAL HONOURABLE MENTION: D4 The one game that makes me want an XBONE even if it was designed for Kinect and looks like a Telltale game. Why? Swery65. The guy who made Deadly Premonition and this is already looking just as delightfully weird

OTHER NOTABLE TITLES THIS PERIOD: Project CARS, EA Sports UFC, Kinect Sports Rivals

"Quarter 2"

GAME OF THE PERIOD: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt11.jpg

ON WHAT: PC, PS4 & XBONE
WHY: The motherfucking Witcher son, do I need to explain? It's the prettiest looking game unveiled for next gen consoles so far, so I'm sure we'll get some pretty sex scenes and whore card-game collecting minigame. They reckon there's a 100 hours of content on the disc with no loading times, but I'll believe that when I see it

OTHER NOTABLE TITLES THIS PERIOD: MLB 14: The Show, WatchDogs, Mario Kart 8, Yoshis New Island

"Quarter 3"

GAME OF THE PERIOD: Dragon Age: Inquisition

http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/08/dragon_age_inquisition_01.jpg

ON WHAT: PC, PS4, XBONE, 360 & PS3
WHY:Just because of my reaction to the trailer, which was as follows:

"Oh, after DA2 and the ME3 ending, I'll probably wait to get this cheap.

Wait, is that Morrigans voice? OH SHIT IT IS. ALL IS FORGIVEN BIOWARE."

Not much is known at this point, but it's enough for me.

OTHER NOTABLE TITLES THIS PERIOD: Sims 4, The Crew, The Order: 1886, Destiny

"Quarter 4"

GAME OF THE PERIOD: Persona 5

http://b-i.forbesimg.com/erikkain/files/2013/11/Persona-5.png

ON WHAT: PS3
WHY: I'm very much late to the series, but holy crap. I fought through Persona 3 due to me being a twat and not saving losing a lot of progress, but tried again when I got my Vita and I'm so glad I persevered. Jumped straight onto Persona 4: The Golden when I was done with that and fuck me, it's even better. In a world where we're starved of good JRPGs, I'm glad this is coming. Can't wait for more info to see who I'll be building my S.Link with.

OTHER NOTABLE TITLES THIS PERIOD: Zelda Wii U, The Division, StarCitizen,

Heisenberg
12-27-2013, 09:32 AM
South Park game and Watch Dogs.

I'm patiently waiting for a Fallout to emerge up, I've been telling myself that I won't get one for at least another year and half or more.

As much as I hate DLC, Dead Rising 3 has my attention and I will contribute to their work as they gave me plenty of stuff to do in the $60 version of their video game.

ClockShot
12-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Thief
Castlevania: LOS 2
Watchdogs
Driveclub
Destiny
Tom Clancy's The Division
Dragon Age: Inquisition

On the fence about Titanfall. Might get that for my PC and take this new graphics card of mine to the limit.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Oh yeah, forgot these ones.

NOTABLE GAMES THAT JUST HAVE "2014" AS A DATE

DriveClub
Bayonetta 2
Drakengard 3
New Next-Gen Carmageddon
New Halo
Hotline Miami 2
Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Phoenix Wright Vs Professor Layton
Mario Golf
New Strider
Sunset Overdrive
Smash Bros.
Valiant Hearts
X

#BROKEN Hasney
12-27-2013, 10:26 AM
South Park game and Watch Dogs.

I'm patiently waiting for a Fallout to emerge up, I've been telling myself that I won't get one for at least another year and half or more.

As much as I hate DLC, Dead Rising 3 has my attention and I will contribute to their work as they gave me plenty of stuff to do in the $60 version of their video game.

Lookout for this when it comes. Looks delightfully weird:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZkW89Z-XOBY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Impeccable
12-27-2013, 12:05 PM
I've been looking forward to Watch Dogs for a while now. I have a bad feeling that it will be one I've anticipated for a while, but will ultimately let me down. The trailers look pretty damn cool

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DqoQG_XYF-8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's the free roaming that excites me about this game though

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_9pqZW8pX1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dronepool
12-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Metal Gear Solid 5
Fallout 4
Uncharted 4

Heisenberg
12-27-2013, 12:55 PM
don't think we are getting Fallout 4 this year droneman, I would want it to be so, but we have to stick to other wastelands until told otherwise

alvarado52
12-27-2013, 01:19 PM
- Titanfall
- (hoping for) Fallout 4
- Dragon Age
- Dying Light
- The Evil Within

Fignuts
12-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Mighty No. 9
Fallout 4
Ultra Street Fighter 4

Those are the big ones. Also very interested to see what 2k does with WWE. Obviously with 14 they just handed it off to the former THQ guys, but they've been future endeavoring quite a few ex-thq guys since the game released. Seems to indicate they are going their own way with the series.

If they do, I doubt they will bring back all the customization that the THQ games had, as their focus will be on creating their new engine. For all the THQ games' faults, they created something truly incredible with the customization options. You could literally create your own federation down to every little detail.

That said, as much as I love THQ's creation suite, gameplay is what's most important, and I'd rather have a great engine than great creation options.

Anywhoo, lot's of other games I'm interested in like Destiny, Elder Scrolls Online, and Metal Gear Solid 5, etc.

Fignuts
12-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Also, Spike needs to make a new Firepro or King of Colosseum 3.

Fucking avatar game was such a tease.

Emperor Smeat
12-27-2013, 03:07 PM
South Park The Stick Of Truth
Watch Dogs
MGS V: Ground Zeroes

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
12-27-2013, 03:44 PM
I'm anticipating all the games released in 2012 and 2013, which I will no doubt be purchasing over the next year's Steam sales.

Kalyx triaD
12-28-2013, 12:25 AM
Titanfall
Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Bros U
Mario Kart 8
Destiny
Metal Gear Solid 5
Halo 5 (thinking Nov. 2015, tho)
Tekken x Street Fighter (...?)

Fignuts
12-28-2013, 02:01 AM
lol tekken x street fighter

Kris P Lettus
12-28-2013, 12:35 PM
witcher 3
ufc
fallout 4 (if it happens)

that light games looks tight

whiteyford
12-28-2013, 03:25 PM
WWE 2K15 :shifty:

whiteyford
12-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Only thing I can think of is Mario Kart honestly.

OssMan
12-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Honestly ? Nothing

mitchables
12-29-2013, 04:41 AM
stick of truth and WoW: warlords of draenor

pretty much it for stuff that i am keenly aware of and care about

thecc
12-30-2013, 10:04 AM
persona 5 and bayonetta 2 are probably the two i'm most excited for.