PDA

View Full Version : Rumoured WM Main Event *SPOILERS*

CharismaInjection
12-27-2013, 09:47 AM
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

– Should the legendary Hulk Hogan be unable to compete alongside John Cena at WrestleMania XXX on April 6, 2014 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana, Cena will face Bray Wyatt. That match will be the main event as things stand right now. Seriously. If Hogan is able to go, Cena and Hogan will team up to face an unknown team. It could very well involve The Wyatt Family.

WWE chief Vince McMahon recently stated to the writers and producers that “Cena is the main event until his time is clearly up. That man feeds us!” That is a 100% direct quote from Vince during a recent creative meeting.

Thoughts? Myself personally, I think that main event just shows what rough shape the WWE is in right now. For the 30th WM, with Hogans involvement or not, that is a shocking main event. I have all the respect for Bray Wyatt, but he should not be healining WM yet.

Heisenberg
12-27-2013, 09:52 AM
Some gripping storyline is going to have to appear for this to work, and it will have to channel the crawfish and trumpets that make up New Orleans, the smell of the swamps, the hot sauce, all that gumbo and stuff. Seriously.

As much as I agree with Wyatt not being ready for this, I think much can be said of a main event not really defining the whole spectacle of it all, I remember WrestleMania events as a whole and can look past an awkward main event as I did when the Miz was in one.

Corndad
12-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Don't care if he's facing Cena or Vince himself, Bray isn't ready for a Mania Main Event yet. With guys like Punk, Bryan, Orton, Brock, HHH, Batista, Jericho, even Rock maybe at their disposal, I would be stunned if this actually happens. Vince must have been hitting the Egg Nog just before this meeting.

XL
12-27-2013, 11:17 AM
As long as Papa Shango makes an ill-times run-in at the end I'll be happy.

XL
12-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Seriously though, they're gonna have to give Bray the biggest hot-shot push of all time to have him ready for Cena at Mania.

James Steele
12-27-2013, 11:28 AM
I dunno, if they kidnap and imply the rape of Brooke Hogan and Cena's dad...that'd be a white hot feud. Think about the action figures you could sell then!

Rammsteinmad
12-27-2013, 11:30 AM
Considering all the guys that are already built up, ready, and proven draws for the company, it really shouldn't be a guy who's still somewhat "new".

slik
12-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Seriously though, they're gonna have to give Bray the biggest hot-shot push of all time to have him ready for Cena at Mania.

Considering all the guys that are already built up, ready, and proven draws for the company, it really shouldn't be a guy who's still somewhat "new".

Agree with both of these statements.

Heisenberg
12-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Bray Wyatt looks like he would be the guy to steal your deodorant and fart in your locker.

If they wanted to channel New Orleans, make D Bry into a Drew Brees type story and have him get the strap at WMXXX.

Frank Drebin
12-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Let's just say this is true.

If they really plan on Hogan wrestling, they must have done enough research to figure that his name will result in more buys. If that's the case, they are in terrible shape for the future if they have to reach this deep into the past to save the present.

Eventually the "old school" well will run dry, and they won't have anyone on todays roster that should have been given a main event shot to rely on for a draw. I'm sure Triple H will be more than happy to save the day and strap on the boots for a while though.

Heisenberg
12-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Sucks as it may be for some, "low points" in wrestling exist and can only lead to that next moment when someone is born(Stone Cold KOTR). That is the optimism I keep.

I'd personally want Kurt Angle to come back and wrestle at WMXXX versus Cena, that'd be more workable and plus Kurt Angle is the man.

Rammsteinmad
12-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Let's just say this is true.

If they really plan on Hogan wrestling, they must have done enough research to figure that his name will result in more buys. If that's the case, they are in terrible shape for the future if they have to reach this deep into the past to save the present.

Eventually the "old school" well will run dry, and they won't have anyone on todays roster that should have been given a main event shot to rely on for a draw. I'm sure Triple H will be more than happy to save the day and strap on the boots for a while though.

This is why it annoys me every Wrestlemania when so many names from the past come back. Undertaker is cool, and maybe one other name per year, but when 2/3 of the card revolves around past stars, it pretty much shows you how much faith WWE has in it's current roster.

On top of that, this is probably the only time "the world" is watching. Anyone paying any attention at all because of guys like Hogan, Rock, Lesnar etc, aren't gonna stick around the next week once that person is gone. This is the chance to really showcase the talent they have today... and seriously WWE has more than enough talent today to put on a great show.

And as a petty thing on my behalf, these guys have all had their Wrestlemania moments. How long does a guy like Wade Barrett need to bust his ass just to be given anything on WM that isn't a generic clusterfuck tag match? Whilst guys like Lesnar get to waltz in whenever they want and do as they please?

Black Widow
12-27-2013, 12:27 PM
If Bray wins, we Wyatt!

Heisenberg
12-27-2013, 12:46 PM
I think Stone Cold v.s. CM Punk would be great, Stone Cold seems to take a liking to that guy

Bad News Gertner
12-27-2013, 01:28 PM
People bitch that no new stars get a shot in big matches in Wrestlemania. Now people don't want Bray Wyatt. Fuck sakes.

Frank Drebin
12-27-2013, 01:33 PM
I think people want someone who has put in enough work that they feel confident with them being pushed to the next level, not someone who was slingshot up to the top for a one off. Wade Barrett is a guy who proved he had the chops. The guy was the top heel over a summer as the leader of the original Nexus. The Wyatts haven't had a true story to take part in since their debut, so its hard to get behind them as main eventers to the biggest ppv. Bray seems to have all the tools, but can he tell a story? Probably, but we dunno yet.

erickman
12-27-2013, 01:34 PM
People bitch that no new stars get a shot in big matches in Wrestlemania. Now people don't want Bray Wyatt. Fuck sakes.

yeah there bitching about both bray 2 young and hogan 2 old

MoFo
12-27-2013, 02:07 PM
lol dirtsheets

DAMN iNATOR
12-27-2013, 02:42 PM

If it was going to happen The Wyatts would be 1st on my list to face them and then The Shield 2nd.

Heyman
12-27-2013, 03:29 PM
The main-event at Wrestlemania should be either Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton, or Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena. Plain and simple.

Daniel Bryan should win the title at Mania.

If the WWE does not do this, they are fucking retarded. Plain and simple.

Bryan should win the Royal Rumble, while Cena faces Orton at the February PPV to determine who will go against Bryan at Mania.

Rammsteinmad
12-27-2013, 03:40 PM
What He-Man said.

Emperor Smeat
12-27-2013, 03:57 PM
Agree with He-Man that Bryan should be in the main event considering the WWE did a bad job last time to capitalize on his momentum and the crowds are still really hot for him.

Seems way too early to give Bray that kind of push or spot unless the WWE is really dead set on him becoming their next big star. Anything else would either result in a Miz-like status drop or a huge waste of Bray's push if its just so he can be the next big heel feed to Cena.

slik
12-27-2013, 04:20 PM
This seems ludicrous. In fact this is so ludicrious if this is true Mallards59 will run naked down the street screaming 'CHEE CHOW CHONG MY WANG, CHEE CHOW CHONG MY WANG' while wearing Ultimate Warrior facepaint.

JimmyMess
12-27-2013, 04:34 PM
The only way Hogan is involved in the main event is as a special referee or enforcer or some other gimmick, not as a wrestler in the match.

Innovator
12-27-2013, 04:50 PM
The only way Hogan is involved in the main event is as a special referee or enforcer or some other gimmick, not as a wrestler in the match.

"Only way Hogan is involved at Wrestlemania is in that tag team match, Bret and Yokozuna will close the show."

XL
12-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Both Cena vs. Bray and Cena/Hogan vs. The Wyatts (even if it's all three of them) seem so lop-sided. Even something like Cena/Hogan vs. Punk/Piper is more intriguing to me.

#1-norm-fan
12-27-2013, 05:43 PM
I fucking love Bray Wyatt. But they're gonna have to do some INSANELY incredible booking to build him up in the next 3 months to make him in the main event feel "WrestleMania worthy". The fact that he can cut a promo like nobody's business should help but 3 months to build a guy who is still relatively new as a viable challenger for Cena at WrestleMania is a tall order.

#1-norm-fan
12-27-2013, 05:45 PM
You know who would already be WrestleMania main event-worthy if WWE didn't drop the ball? Ryback. JUST SAYIN'.

#1-norm-fan
12-27-2013, 06:03 PM
The main-event at Wrestlemania should be either Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton, or Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena. Plain and simple.

I'll try to refrain from the "Bryan isn't an A+ player" rant here and just focus on the matches...

Bryan and Orton have main evented multiple B level main events all year. They've had matches on Raw. They've had No DQ matches. They've had a Hell in a Cell match. It wasn't really a WrestleMania-worthy main event before much less after all that.

As for Bryan vs Cena, I think the SummerSlam match kind of took care of the "Holy shit, Bryan beat Cena for the title!" moment. Bryan beating him again wouldn't have the same effect and I highly doubt they'd have the match again just to put Cena over unless he turned heel and made a huge WrestleMania moment out of it.

Poit
12-27-2013, 06:25 PM

This is a ridiculous statement. If their research shows that Hogan will mean more buys, that doesn't mean those additional buys are needed to save the present. It just means more money.

This is also a ridiculous statement. Just because you don't want the main event to solely consist of guys who have been around a decade or more doesn't mean you want to see someone as new as Bray Wyatt in the main event.

Theo Dious
12-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Or, to put it another way, the main event of Wrestlemanis is set to be

JOHN CENA VS HUSKY HARRIS

You just consider that for a while.

Swiss Ultimate
12-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Or, to put it another way, the main event of Wrestlemanis is set to be

JOHN CENA VS HUSKY HARRIS

You just consider that for a while.

:lol:

Vastardikai
12-27-2013, 10:22 PM
This is the thing that bothers me, if it's Hogan/Cena vs. the Wyatt Family (especially 2 on 3).

At some point, Hogan has to spend time in the ring with Erick Rowan. That is not a good proposition for Hogan. If Bray Wyatt isn't ready to Main Event Mania (at that's debatable), Rowan sure as shit is not.

James Steele
12-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Why don't they just do Hogan vs Cena and make it a 10 minute "match" where most of it is bullshit "contests of strength" and them getting their spots in. The match would be more about the spectacle of them being in the ring together moreso than seeing the actual match.

Theo Dious
12-27-2013, 10:49 PM
I'd cream my pants for a Cena/Hogan fingerpoke of doom.

Theo Dious
12-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Seriously though, is there any way Husky Harris chants do NOT abound if this happens?

#1-norm-fan
12-27-2013, 10:59 PM
No one does or should give a shit if it's a technical masterpiece but can Hogan even take A SINGLE bump nowadays? It should at least be something that resembles a match. The reason a tag match works is because Hogan can get a tag, clean house and then maybe just get beaten down into the corner when the other guy/s go on the offense before tagging out.

Rammsteinmad
12-27-2013, 11:09 PM
Why don't they just do Hogan vs Cena and make it a 10 minute "match" where most of it is bullshit "contests of strength" and them getting their spots in. The match would be more about the spectacle of them being in the ring together moreso than seeing the actual match.

Coz that would suck balls. Cena has really stepped up his in-ring game this year. Hogan shouldn't be anywhere near this event. Cena should be headlining it with a potential match-of-the-year candidate with a guy like Daniel Bryan.

#1-norm-fan
12-27-2013, 11:10 PM
I think it's more likely we get something like 3MB coming out to give the crowd their first live performance and then Hogan, Austin and Rock coming out to beat the shit out of them.

Poit
12-27-2013, 11:25 PM
I think it's more likely we get something like 3MB coming out to give the crowd their first live performance and then Hogan, Austin and Rock coming out to beat the shit out of them.

Honestly, that sounds good.

Evil Vito
12-27-2013, 11:31 PM
<font color=goldenrod>The funny thing is, I was thinking about it and if they want a heel Rumble winner to go against a face champion (likely Cena) at WM, Bray Wyatt probably is the most realistic choice. Batista is probably going to be a face when he returns. Roman Reigns may have a strong showing but I don't see him being hotshotted to a WM title match just yet. I don't see them having Brock return to win it as a surprise entrant if only because Taker/Lesnar has been supposedly "penciled in" for WM 30 since WM 29 ended, and that'd mean having Taker randomly win the belt at Elimination Chamber.</font>

James Steele
12-28-2013, 12:00 AM
I really think Cena/Taker would be the bigger and better match than Brock/Taker. I'd be legitimately concerned that Lesnar would hurt Taker.

Frank Drebin
12-28-2013, 12:04 AM
This is a ridiculous statement. If their research shows that Hogan will mean more buys, that doesn't mean those additional buys are needed to save the present. It just means more money.

You could argue he helps them not lose money and thus saving the present. But first, he needs to fly around the Earth really really fast opposite of its rotation.

Shisen Kopf
12-28-2013, 12:08 AM
Sting vs Undertaker

Frank Drebin
12-28-2013, 12:20 AM
What if they actually did Sting/Taker but used their worst looking gimmicks?
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/GF2qlhcc55U/maxresdefault.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-u0JY1lzwlcU/UZJukrbfanI/AAAAAAAADIQ/SqrS4kexv9I/s1600/Sting.jpg

#1-norm-fan
12-28-2013, 12:34 AM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/GF2qlhcc55U/maxresdefault.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/08/07/article-0-0231D13E00000578-628_468x328.jpg

Fedora on a pole match.