PDA

View Full Version : Who realistically will be the next 3-5 WWE Champions?

Swiss Ultimate
12-30-2013, 07:49 PM
I am completely out of the loop, but I am wondering what you all think. I'm not asking for fantasy booking and am fully aware that WWE can surprise us every once in a while, but what I want to know is who (without gimmick change) do you see being major contenders in the title program for the next year or two.

Knowing absolutely nothing about the title scene other than what I have seen in the forum I will launch this guess:

Cena, Orton, Punk, Bryan and ADR

Cena because duh, he is still treated as the biggest thing ever and why poo poo on him now?

Orton because he's already the champ and he's been consistently thrust into the title scene no matter what.

Punk because, yeah, eventually he'll get it again. People like him and poo pooing on him would be just as bad as poo pooing on Cena.

Bryan with a short as hell title reign or two, transitional champ type deal, big underdog victories and then drop him as soon he gets boring.

ADR because WWE wants to push merchandise onto the Latino demographic and Sin Cara is ridiculous.

Who are your realistic picks? And how realistic would you rate my uninformed guesses?

#1-norm-fan
12-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Damn. "Without a gimmick change" fucks up my Fandango pick.

Out of the guys you mentioned, ADR is the one I can't really see getting the title again. I think I'd replace him with Sheamus.

Lock Jaw
12-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Sheamus, Cena, Bryan

Lock Jaw
12-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Batista will get 17 shots but won't win it

#1-norm-fan
12-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Oh yeah. Forgot about Batista. I'd put him as more likely than Punk.

Swiss Ultimate
12-30-2013, 08:16 PM
What is Miz doing these days?

Lock Jaw
12-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Sometimes being a heel, sometimes being a face

#1-norm-fan
12-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Sometimes being a commentator on the B show.

Emperor Smeat
12-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Cena, Bryan, Punk, Orton, Sandow

Still believe ADR will be the one hurt the most due to the title unification.

Wouldn't be surprised if the WWE rushes Reigns into an eventual title reign though.

parkmania
12-30-2013, 09:12 PM
Cena, Bryan, Punk, Orton, Batista.

Dark horse is Reigns, and not outside the realm of possibility is Sheamus (depending on how long it takes him to get the ring rust off) and Big Show (if creative decides to take the easy road).

Mr. Nerfect
12-30-2013, 09:53 PM
I actually see CM Punk being the next World Champion. It could be Cena, of course, but I have a feeling that Orton will find a way to beat Cena and that his losses to Orton will make Cena question whether or not he's the man like he thought he was, leading to him challenging The Undertaker at WrestleMania. Punk wins the Rumble and then defends his title shot in the Elimination Chamber. He beats Orton at WrestleMania and gets a nice babyface reign as World Heavyweight Champion, eventually ended by...

Batista. I don't think he'd be coming back and not given a title run. He's also a fairly big star, comparable with Cena in his time (although Cena broke way ahead as the A-player). I see Batista and Brock Lesnar locking horns at WrestleMania, with Big Dave actually winning. Somehow Brock gets himself into a title match against CM Punk before Dave, however (Paul Heyman tensions?) while Batista has another match against someone else (Daniel Bryan?) before winning the World Title from Punk at, say, Payback.

I can see Batista getting a solid run with the World Title, probably until SummerSlam, developing a more cocky personality (not quite a heel) and he drops it off to either John Cena or Sheamus, depending on who has more steam at the time. Around here we'd also have a Money in the Bank Winner. I could see the MITB briefcase holder spending a lot of time with the briefcase, but they could rush things and have a pissed-off Batista turn on whoever beats him and give the rising star a run around Night of Champions/Hell in a Cell time. Who would that be? I'm thinking a member of The Shield is probably the closest to breaking out. My heart wants to go with Dean Ambrose, but I'm thinking that it will probably be Roman Reigns. That being said, Ambrose could win the title and then Reigns could challenge him. Is Ambrose One World Title potential? He's got the charisma, promo skills and ring skills. Why not? It won't be a long run, but it could be a lot of fun. It depends how he goes after The Shield break-up I guess, and just how great Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns do, as well. If Reigns beat Ambrose, that would take us to five, all within the space of a year.

Re-thinking as I write, I could see the Money in the Bank Winner wanting to cash in at WrestleMania next year, and that being a big storyline heading in. Ambrose or Reigns could conceivably pull this off. So we'll go with Sheamus as the fourth World Champion and having a nice little reign until he drops the title in a multi-man situation (probably with Batista also involved) to John Cena, who carries it into WrestleMania where Daniel Bryan wins it after winning the 2015 Royal Rumble.

1. CM Punk
2. Batista
3. Sheamus
4. John Cena
5. Daniel Bryan

Shisen Kopf
12-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Cena
Undertaker
Then Punk winning the post rasslemania Tourney after Taker retires for good and vacates the belt.

Bad News Gertner
12-31-2013, 03:43 AM
Cena, Batista, Punk, Orton, Ryback

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-31-2013, 03:54 AM
Cena, Wyatt, Daniel Bryan,

Can't decide who Bryan loses to. Maybe Roman Reigns.

James Steele
12-31-2013, 05:39 AM
Cena, Punk, Lesnar, Daniel Bryan

MoFo
12-31-2013, 08:26 AM
Lesnar
Cena
Punk
Ryback
MITB winner