PDA

View Full Version : So what's the deal with the Wyatt's and Daniel Bryan?

dalegendkilla
12-31-2013, 08:42 AM
I haven't been following wrestling for a few months but I caught the end of Raw this week. Bit confusing, have they brain washed Bryan to be one of them or is he joining them because he feels screwed over by the management and he's hoping for back up?

CSL
12-31-2013, 09:57 AM
dunno. That's why people will watch next week.

Perfect-Plex
12-31-2013, 11:53 AM
am i the only one who thought the whole thing was just awful?

Krimzon7
12-31-2013, 11:59 AM
no.

Innovator
12-31-2013, 12:02 PM
Are the Wyatts heels or are we about to see the formation of a super stable to tear down the Authority?

Innovator
12-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Or we can think the opposite and Bryan is going to be a bit player up until Wrestlemania when JOHN CENA FIGHTS THE FIGHT FOR HIS LITTLE BUDDY AGAINST MEAN OL BRAY AND FREES HIS LITTLE BUDDY.

Instead of seeing where this goes, this is my default setting for the program.

Heisenberg
12-31-2013, 12:13 PM
I wonder if Batista needs a little buddy and goes to save D Bryan instead of Cena and Cena gets jelly and crashes his car into Batista's house and they fight

Innovator
12-31-2013, 12:27 PM
That would make Cena a hater

Theo Dious
12-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Bryan said that the machine would never let him win. He's going to side with the Wyatt's to protect himself from them until his time comes to strike.

Kingofdaswing
12-31-2013, 01:02 PM
This sets up the Undertaker vs Bryan at Wrestlemania. I don't know how, but I feel as of The Undertaker will come back to battle the family, and Bryan vs Taker will go at it at WM with Taker defeating him and "waking Bryan up."

Just a hunch I have.

Heisenberg
12-31-2013, 01:12 PM
The possibility of having to watch Total Divas to see if the Wyatt Family shows up is what should be discussed.

Some ho Diva-"You wanna go shopping Lucas?"

Harper-"YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH CHOKESLAM CLOTHESLINE YEAH"

scatterbrain28
12-31-2013, 05:46 PM
The possibility of having to watch Total Divas to see if the Wyatt Family shows up is what should be discussed.

Some ho Diva-"You wanna go shopping Lucas?"

Harper-"YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH CHOKESLAM CLOTHESLINE YEAH"

Harper chokeslamming the Bellas, yeah, if it was on youtube I'd watch it.

Black Widow
12-31-2013, 07:52 PM
Bryan is using them to help him win the rumble.

The only way this even makes sense

XL
01-01-2014, 04:36 PM
It's definitely interesting to ponder. My first thought was that the Rumble would come down to Bray and Brian, with Bray encouraging DB to eliminate himself and the crowd going wild with No chants. Bryan would then turn on Wyatt and win the Rumble. But it all seems a bit rushed. For that to pay off DB would have to have been in their clutches for more than 4 weeks.

Anybody Thrilla
01-01-2014, 05:17 PM
4 weeks is a pretty long time in WWE.

Innovator
01-01-2014, 05:30 PM
What was the time Cena was "in the Nexus?"

Anybody Thrilla
01-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Thirty three minutes or so.

XL
01-01-2014, 06:52 PM
I'm not saying it won't happen in 4 weeks, just that it'd be a bigger payoff if it went longer?

Shadrick
01-01-2014, 07:30 PM
i love it when they're long

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-01-2014, 07:46 PM
am i the only one who thought the whole thing was just awful?

Yes. Get on board or else.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-01-2014, 07:47 PM
How many times has Harper actually said yeeaaaaaah? Was it just the one time? How is that becoming his thing?

Anybody Thrilla
01-01-2014, 08:23 PM
He says it every single time he wrestles. Are you joking?

James Steele
01-01-2014, 08:26 PM
I could see this leading to something in the Elimination Chamber ppv.

Mr. Nerfect
01-01-2014, 08:57 PM
He says it every single time he wrestles. Are you joking?

Yeah, like multiple times a match too. I like it, but I'm surprised they've kept letting him do it.

Optimus Bone 69
01-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Its wrong

Anybody Thrilla
01-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Yeah, like multiple times a match too. I like it, but I'm surprised they've kept letting him do it.

Surprised? Why is that? Because it might start getting face pops?

Vastardikai
01-02-2014, 10:52 AM

I've said this before, but Harper seems like someone who is completely invested in his character. Possibly even more than Bray Wyatt. There's a perfectly sound and valid reason why they keep letting him do it. His character is completely obsessed with the teachings of Wyatt, and he's possibly insane. His facials make him appear completely obsessed with the teachings of Wyatt and/or possibly insane. The "Yeah!" thing makes him appear possibly insane.

He sells his character incredibly well. One of the best things I can see coming out of D-Bryatt is Bryan perhaps making a decent worker out of Rowan.

Anybody Thrilla
01-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Rowan's not as terrible as some make him out to be. He's progressing nicely.

Also, Harper is amazing. He looks like an absolute maniac, but his offense lets you know that there is indeed a brain in there. The true star of the Wyatts for sure.

Anybody Thrilla
01-02-2014, 12:16 PM
It's funny how some guys can't even make you believe that they're an arrogant asshole, but Harper is effortless in his portrayal of a backwoods, brainwashed lunatic.

voncouch
01-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Makes sense to me. Let's take the most over guy in the company for the past six months with a groundswell of support that we haven't seen in years and turn him heel.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6UuAXMzr5iY/TmfxcfPxfgI/AAAAAAAAAIQ/lisY1boyRBQ/s1600/CornetteFace-FuckThisCompany.jpg

Anybody Thrilla
01-02-2014, 01:31 PM
He's not necessarily a heel, though. We have no idea what's going on yet. We have seen literally zero progression so far.

James Steele
01-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Tremendous shocking swerve to end the show, and all most of you can do it bitch about it and how this obviously is just to bury Daniel Bryan.

What are you talking about? Most people here seem to like it. You've been mad aggro lately. Whats up

The Rogerer
01-02-2014, 02:17 PM
Makes sense to me. Let's take the most over guy in the company for the past six months with a groundswell of support that we haven't seen in years and turn him heel.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6UuAXMzr5iY/TmfxcfPxfgI/AAAAAAAAAIQ/lisY1boyRBQ/s1600/CornetteFace-FuckThisCompany.jpgMoron

Mr. Nerfect
01-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Surprised? Why is that? Because it might start getting face pops?

That's mainly it. I personally like it, but it just seems the sort of thing that a guy would get a tap on the shoulder about and told to cut down a little.

Loving Harper in the ring. Rowan is progressing nicely, but Harper is better at both the in-ring aspects and playing the character in general.

Sexton-Hardcastle
01-04-2014, 12:38 PM
I honestly can't fathom where this is going...Which is the genius of it...WWE Writers not being totally obvious for the first time since 2001.

This is the only time Raw has had any anticipation leading into a show since Punks original 'Pipe Bomb' Promo.

Blonde Moment
01-04-2014, 08:00 PM
I think the only way this can end, unless Taker suposedly gets his way, is for Daniel Bryan to have little to no role at WM 30 unless its to help Wyatt beat Cena.
My personal dream would be for him to retire the Taker because lets face it Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker is going to stink to high heaven unless they keep it short. Real short. Like intro's, chokeslam, Tombstone 3 count kinda short

Loose Cannon
01-04-2014, 09:59 PM
I love it. I've been dying to see Bryan join them. I really hope we see a run in with Taker for some sort of a Wrestlemana match. Thew news boards have been talking about Taker/Bryan and Cena/Wyatt. I really hope they stick with this storyline and don't start a story of the Wyatt's constantly berating Bryan and causing him to lose all the time until Bryan snaps and the crowd goes wild. I've seen that story enough. Bryan needs to fuck some shit up and help the Wyatt's beome THE FORCE to be rekoned with.

The Shield and the Wyatt's have been my two favorite things about wrestling lately. I've also loved Antonio Cesaro. But everything about the Wyatt's has been awesome. Harper has progressed so much nad has had some damn good matches and yes, he plays his character perfectly. Bray has delivered amazingly on the mic and has the crowd in the palm of his hands every time he speaks. He needs a big feud to really elevate him though. I almost want to see Bray/Taker, but Bryan would pull a much better match out of Taker.

Can't wait till Raw though to see where this whole thing goes

scatterbrain28
01-04-2014, 11:37 PM
http://thegothamgridiron.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/charlie-brown-kicking.png

I guess Charile was a D. Bry fan lol.

Bobo
01-05-2014, 01:32 AM
Maybe they are all secretly gay and going to bum rape Daniel Bryan on ppv? That's why they call it the Royal Rumble lol. We'll all be shouting no no no whilst Bryan will be going yes yes yes. Brie Bella will be in for a shock.

Fignuts
01-05-2014, 02:13 AM
James Steele, muties don't count. Most of the posters with an IQ higher than refried beans like the angle or are waiting to see where it goes, is what I should of said, I guess.

#1-norm-fan
01-05-2014, 03:28 AM
Last night at WWE's live event in Hampton, VA Daniel Bryan debuted a new look as a part of the Wyatt Family.

Many had assumed that the advertised steel cage match between him and Bray Wyatt would not take place following what happened on last week's Monday Night Raw. However WWE went ahead with the match, introducing Bryan instead as "Daniel Wyatt". He then stood in the middle of the ring as Bray attacked him, and after several minutes of this, laid down for the pin.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1522045_565610460194200_2019550129_n.jpg

http://cdn3-www.wrestlezone.com/assets/uploads/2014/01/Daniel-Wyatt.jpg

http://cdn3-www.wrestlezone.com/assets/uploads/2014/01/Daniel-Wyatt-2.jpg

Fignuts
01-05-2014, 03:30 AM
Duke the Dumster Droese 2.0

slik
01-05-2014, 04:08 AM
I do not like that.

He looks like a janitor now.

dronepool
01-05-2014, 04:44 AM
He looks like the shady mechanic from some random gas station that's in the middle of no where and the only hope of outside communication is the broken pay phone by the restroom.

The Rogerer
01-05-2014, 08:27 AM
More of this please

Evil Vito
01-05-2014, 10:48 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm glad he looks like a Wyatt. Was worried they would go with the whole "still wear his regular attire" thing like when Cena kept wearing his merch as a Nexus member.</font>

XL
01-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Why has he changed his name when Harper/Rowan haven't!?

CSL
01-05-2014, 11:37 AM
get the whole thing over a bit more/accentuate the change and how much of a "big deal" it is. Harper and Rowan were nobody when they came up, changing Bryan's name adds more heat/omg/sympathy etc to the angle.

Evil Vito
01-05-2014, 12:55 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Here's another report from the live show with a couple of vids:</font>

Apologies for the mediocre quality; I'm by no means a pro, but I thought people might be interested in seeing video of the Wyatt/Bryan interaction.

Bryan vs. Bray in a steel cage had been promoted in the TV ads for the show, so I wondered whether WWE would alter the advertised match or just ignore the events of Raw. Instead, they found a way to have the scheduled match and shoehorn the angle in to it.

Once the match got started, Bray got in a few minutes of offense while Bryan just apathetically let himself get beat up. Daniel Bryan kind of looked around at the crowd with mannerisms asking if he was doing the right thing. (Interestingly, this resulted in some people doing the "Yes" chants but also resulted in some people doing the "No" chants as in "no, don't do this." It was kind of cool to see a crowd react to something they had not yet seen on TV and been trained on how to choreograph their crowd response.)

Then, Wyatt basically challenged Bryan to finally hit him, and the endgame of the match came with Bryan resolving his internal conflict: youtu.be/j--FLHihUOM

After Rowan entered the cage, the two Wyatts in attendance (Harper either had the night off or was at the other show in another town) beat down Bryan, Bray hit his finish, and they all walked out together: youtu.be/vGVuL0-_3Sw

Honestly, the crowd didn't take it well. This was the match before intermission, and I heard a lot of fans who were annoyed with the lack of a "real" Daniel Bryan match. Obviously, house shows don't count for anything and the TV direction of the angle could look entirely different; but tonight it seemed like WWE played this pretty straightforward. Bryan acted like he was still the same guy but just confused/running with the wrong crowd. His mannerisms reminded me of when broke HBK forced himself to align with JBL, for example, more so than an actual heel turn.

James Steele
01-05-2014, 03:40 PM
It seems like all we have on this forum anymore is muties.

#1-norm-fan
01-05-2014, 04:46 PM
get the whole thing over a bit more/accentuate the change and how much of a "big deal" it is. Harper and Rowan were nobody when they came up, changing Bryan's name adds more heat/omg/sympathy etc to the angle.

Which makes me think this is all very temporary. I assumed it was gonna lead to Bryan swerving them before but the name change is just pushing it so far into the dramatic that it feels like it's gotta be leading to a big turn. Can't imagine Bryan permanently becoming "Daniel Wyatt". lol

Vastardikai
01-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Or... maybe it was just something stupid for the house show, not unlike "Juan Cena."

Theo Dious
01-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Remember the Boston Brawler?

#1-norm-fan
01-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Or... maybe it was just something stupid for the house show, not unlike "Juan Cena."

Juan Cena had a reason. Cena was fired storyline-wise so they needed a way to keep him wrestling at live events without just flat out ignoring the story. So they put him in a silly mask and named him "Juan".

Assuming Bray did officially christen him "Daniel Wyatt" and it wasn't just some passing comment he made that got misconstrued, there's really no reason to do it just for the house show.

James Steele
01-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Maybe they were testing out the reaction/etc. before putting it in TV.

Sexton-Hardcastle
01-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Maybe there will be a Christening of sorts on TV this week?

Bobo
01-05-2014, 06:42 PM
One big sausage fest

Blonde Moment
01-05-2014, 06:46 PM
One big sausage fest

Well it is wrestling

Bobo
01-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Well it is wrestling

True but I thought they were going to raid Bryan's rectum in the ring but forgot it was a PG show.

Bobo
01-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Maybe Darren young should join them and sin cara too he can lend them his gimp masks lol.

Shadrick
01-05-2014, 09:24 PM
bobo what are you on about mate?

Bobo
01-05-2014, 09:36 PM
I was under the impression The Wyatts were gay hence the eclectic fashion sense, weird animal masks, referring to his finishing move as Sister Abigail and an obsession with Daniel Bryan joining their sausage fest. Question is who will they kidnap next? I reckon they'll use Hornswaggle in one form or another.

#1-norm-fan
01-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Bobo for best new poster.

Bobo
01-05-2014, 09:42 PM
They also dress like pedophiles

ron the dial
01-05-2014, 09:48 PM
bobo, you seem to be an authority on homosexuals and pedophiles. is there anything you'd care to share with us?

Bobo
01-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Yes I was once of the gay but got treatment and now I am straight edge .

Bobo
01-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Bit seriously it would be funny to watch the Wyatts take communal showers.

Shadrick
01-05-2014, 10:13 PM
HEY IM STRAIGHT EDGE FOR REAL YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH BOBO.

#1-norm-fan
01-05-2014, 10:59 PM
Bit seriously it would be funny to watch the Wyatts take communal showers.

That would be funny. I'd laugh so hard it would give me a boner.

Bobo
01-05-2014, 11:19 PM
WWE is just one big gay party I mean come on look at the names CM Spunk, Big E Langston, Dolph Ziggler, Gay Wyatt, HHH Hot Horny Homo, Summer SLAM, Royal Rumble in the Bumble, Cock Lesnar, Buttista, The Jizz, Mr Ass, the BIG show,

Tom Guycott
01-05-2014, 11:20 PM
WWE is just one big gay party I mean come on look at the names CM Spunk, Big E Langston, Dolph Ziggler, Gay Wyatt, HHH Hot Horny Homo, Summer SLAM, Royal Rumble in the Bumble, Cock Lesnar, Buttista, The Jizz, Mr Ass, the BIG show,

The last one you listed was disproven years ago:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ODiflG86R0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bray should rechristen his "family" into The Wyatt Menagerie: he's got a lion who likes to pretend he's a lamb, a psycho sasquach, and now a flying goat all caged for our his viewing pleasure.

Bobo
01-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Michael every hole is a goal Cole, JBL Jolly Bum Licker, Oh and not forgetting very Randy Orton.

Bobo
01-05-2014, 11:22 PM
It's all too much. Daniel Bryan needs to unleash his Beast.

Fignuts
01-06-2014, 03:19 AM
I haven't really been watching lately, but has has Bryan shown any cracks in his resolve leading up to this? Cause if he's been 100% defiant and then just broke out of nowhere, that might be something legit to bitch about, although it wouldn't ruin the angle by any means.

Mr. Nerfect
01-06-2014, 05:23 AM
The more I think about this angle, the more I am intrigued by it. Daniel Bryan once resisted change when Mr. McMahon and Stephanie McMahon tried to give him that "corporate makeover." But Bryan's anger at The Authority and the Hell he has had to fight through to get opportunities at the WWE Title, only to get screwed over by even his mentor, are all taking their mental tax on Bryan.

I actually would not be opposed to this Wyatt thing being a permanent thing. Bryan is not like Stone Cold Steve Austin. This is not a case of Bryan turning his back on a "DTA" slogan. This is Bryan going with what works and he could be fighting fire with fire. Bryan could eventually lose himself in the carnage at The Wyatt Family cause, but the eventual rifts could lead to Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt being a HUGE match for the company. In the meantime, The Wyatt Family could even play anti-heroes in battle against the forces that oppose Bryan. Perhaps we could even see a Shield vs. Wyatt Family match? Perhaps The Wyatt Family could even challenge heel Tag Team Champions, The Real Americans?

This could make for great direction for all involved.

Loose Cannon
01-07-2014, 09:06 PM
yeah, to me they could easily turn the Wyatt Family into babyfaces to take on the opposition. They are the kind of stable that are going to start getting cheers and I think they get them already. Putting Bryan in there is only going to make them more popular. They are a bunch of outcasts and those are the guys that get over with the fans.

Mr. Nerfect
01-07-2014, 09:37 PM
I could also see The Undertaker returning and declaring he wants to face Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania, but then specifying that he wants to face "Daniel Bryan" and not "Daniel Wyatt." The "YES!" chants turn Bryan and he and The Undertaker team up at Elimination Chamber to face The Wyatt Family before their WrestleMania XXX encounter, or something.

Curd
01-08-2014, 01:43 AM
Bryan is using them to help him win the rumble.

The only way this even makes sense

That would be good booking. :y:

Curd
01-08-2014, 01:47 AM
I was under the impression The Wyatts were gay hence the eclectic fashion sense, weird animal masks, referring to his finishing move as Sister Abigail and an obsession with Daniel Bryan joining their sausage fest. Question is who will they kidnap next? I reckon they'll use Hornswaggle in one form or another.

Yes, and they can leave Kaitlyn for your to play a game of t*tty tw*ster. :)

XL
01-09-2014, 12:08 PM
I'm thinking that this angle means we don't get Bryan vs. HBK at Mania. Seems like it would need to be resolved very quickly to transition to a feud.