PDA

View Full Version : Currently, who is your favorite tag team in WWE?

Anybody Thrilla
01-25-2014, 02:16 PM
Whilst we find ourselves in the midst of somewhat of a tag team renaissance, I thought we'd see what teams the good people of TPWW are really rallying behind.

Who is your favorite tag team in WWE right now? Poll coming.

Bad News Gertner
01-25-2014, 02:20 PM
RYBAXEL!!!!!!

Brigstocke
01-25-2014, 02:21 PM
Wyatts, Harper in particular has impressed me, He;s getting so much out of the gimmick, is solid in the ring. can't wait for him to get a hold of a mic.

Anybody Thrilla
01-25-2014, 02:23 PM
Oh fuck, how did I forget Rybaxel?

But think about that. There are at least 12 actual tag teams in WWE right. They've come a long way.

I voted for The Real Americans. I love the way that team has come together. At first, it seemed forced, but they've really gelled as a unit, and Zeb adds a hilarious old school feel to it.

teamXtremist
01-25-2014, 02:25 PM
I'll admit I like ptp along with gold dust and Rhodes but by far my favs r the usos

Love their intensity and have always enjoyed real brother teams

Anybody Thrilla
01-25-2014, 02:25 PM
Wyatts, Harper in particular has impressed me, He;s getting so much out of the gimmick, is solid in the ring. can't wait for him to get a hold of a mic.

Yeah, I'm a HUGE Harper mark. I look forward to him pretty much more than anybody. If Rowan were a little better, they would have been my pick. I like how they're just smash mouth, no frills brawlers.

Bad News Gertner
01-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Zeb is tremendous. The wheelchair is probably the greatest heat machine in wrestling. Every heel should come out in a wheelchair.

Lock Jaw
01-25-2014, 02:32 PM
I freaking love The Usos. My biggest wish for 2014 (aside from Christian doing anything) is to see them with the tag titles.

Lock Jaw
01-25-2014, 02:34 PM
I loved the three way feud between The Rhodes Bro/The Shield/The Usos. I think they really dropped the ball on that one. It was close to the TLC PPV.... should have extended the feud out and had a good ol' triple threat tag team TLC match.

Where The Usos would have finally got the win. Would have made them.

Bad News Gertner
01-25-2014, 02:35 PM
I freaking love The Usos. My biggest wish for 2014 (aside from Christian doing anything) is to see them with the tag titles.

How about Christian going to TNA. That'd be nice.

Bad News Gertner
01-25-2014, 02:36 PM
anyways, the correct answer is Rybaxel, so we can close this thread and move on.

Lock Jaw
01-25-2014, 02:36 PM
It would give me a better excuse to watch TNA, and they'd probably give him the title right away... and actually let him speak some.

.... I'm not against it. Would rather see him given the chance to do something in the WWE, but....

Bad News Gertner
01-25-2014, 02:37 PM
How about he just retire. Everybody would enjoy that. Get his bland ass off t.v.

Lock Jaw
01-25-2014, 02:40 PM
In case you haven't noticed, he is already off of t.v.

Anyways.... tag teams! Yeah! I really like The Real Americans as well. Swagger and Cesaro actually turned out to work really well together.

Bad News Gertner
01-25-2014, 02:49 PM
Incorrect. the awesomeness of Rybaxel has shown they are the future of tag team wrestling.

Anybody Thrilla
01-25-2014, 03:06 PM
I honestly really like Ryback right now. Curtis Axel has a sweet theme song. So there's that.

Emperor Smeat
01-25-2014, 03:19 PM
Shield

Anybody Thrilla
01-25-2014, 03:21 PM
The Shield is so damn good. I didn't vote for them because I'm sad about the looming break up.

Maluco
01-25-2014, 03:37 PM
Real Americans for me too, they remind me of the foreign heel tag teams of the past, but like has been said here already, they look like a natural, proper tag team now, which is surprising given how they were forced together.

The 3 bring a really nice mix, like a mini-stable, would love to see a title run with a few face teams chasing over the summer. They could really get over in a big way.

Anybody Thrilla
01-25-2014, 04:25 PM
"WE THE PEOPLE" is already over. :y:

Bad News Gertner
01-25-2014, 04:29 PM
I honestly really like Ryback right now. Curtis Axel has a sweet theme song. So there's that.

I really don't understand why the internet hates Ryback. He's a big loudmouth, obnoxious oldschool heel that you don't see anymore. He interacts with the crowd during matches and is hilarious. Friggen love Ryback. He's very believeable in his role. He really seems like a nutcase, which is what wrestlers should be: an extension of themselves.

Bad News Gertner
01-25-2014, 04:31 PM
In case you haven't noticed, he is already off of t.v.

Anyways.... tag teams! Yeah! I really like The Real Americans as well. Swagger and Cesaro actually turned out to work really well together.

Take the bait God damn it!

Evil Vito
01-25-2014, 04:31 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'll have to go with The Real Americans for pretty much the same reasons ABT pointed out. At first it seemed pretty lazy and that they were simply throwing 2 guys with nothing better to do into a team. But they really do gel nicely now and their matches are usually really good as well. Cesaro might be the best worker on the roster at this point and I've always liked Swagger as well. Zeb is the goods as a mouthpiece.

Hopefully they get a tag title run before they breakup. Overall though the tag division is in great shape. The Brotherhood and The Shield should be coming to an end within the next few months, but there are still plenty of teams. Always a chance The Ascension or some other NXT dudes come up after WM 30 as teams to help keep the division fresh.</font>

Anybody Thrilla
01-25-2014, 04:46 PM
The Brotherhood is coming to an end?

Anybody Thrilla
01-25-2014, 04:47 PM
Pretty shocked that no one is voting for R-Truth and Xavier Woods. Are you guys racists or something? :shifty:

Evil Vito
01-25-2014, 04:49 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I believe they'll lose the belts within the next few weeks (possibly as soon as tomorrow night to the NAO) and eventually one of them will go heel for a WM 30 match. The two have openly said they've asked for that match at Mania for years and with Goldust churning out some of the best work of his career I think it'd be a great time to finally make that match happen. Would imagine Goldust would be a creepy heel if only because I do believe Cody can be stepped up to the next level as a face after the match.

Wouldn't mind being wrong and they stick together though as I love their work as a team.</font>

Evil Vito
01-25-2014, 04:51 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I don't mind Truth and Woods, actually. The Brodus program was completely pointless, but as a team they do seem to have some chemistry stemming back from their TNA days. Woods is a fun character. Gives Truth something to do as well after he's basically been spinning his wheels since he became a face again a couple years ago.</font>

Anybody Thrilla
01-25-2014, 04:59 PM
Goldust would almost have to be heel. Cody hasn't even been a face that long. I would enjoy a match between the two, but I'm really digging them as a team.

Innovator
01-25-2014, 05:09 PM
Real Americans. Both men are tremendous in the ring and Coulter is excellent.

Maluco
01-25-2014, 06:20 PM
"WE THE PEOPLE" is already over. :y:

Yeah, it is, but think with proper feuds and a title run, they could become a focus for the division, and would be great for the future of both guys. Think there is massive potential there for sure.

Mr. Nerfect
01-25-2014, 10:01 PM
I love The Real Americans. I have a gay smark crush on Cesaro and think he should be featured on television every week. Swagger is such a talented wrestler and although he ruined his push last year, he's still so valuable to a company as he's such a smooth worker. Like many, I would like to see them as the Tag Team Champions at some point. I would not be opposed to Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. The Real Americans serving as the Tag Team Title match at WrestleMania XXX. I get that there is a push for Jimmy & Jey Uso, but I just feel like there's something...missing there. I'd rather see them keep chasing. Have Rhodes & Goldust beat The Usos at Elimination Chamber to retain the titles.

I'm a Primo mark too, but I'm not really into Los Matadores. They don't really seem to be working as much as the WWE wants them to. A heel turn would be quite welcome by me. They pretty much cheat with El Torito every week anyway. I'd also like it if Primo & Epico were also still used as themselves on the main roster as former Tag Team Champions and denied any connection to Los Matadores.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-25-2014, 10:04 PM
I think this shows how awesome Triple H has been in establishing tag teams since he made it a point to do so. Now they just have to pull the trigger and get some hot and heavy compeition for the actual tag team titles themselves. The groundwork has been set and now it's time to bring it on.

I'm going with the tag team champions for this vote but it could go a lot of different ways including the Real Americans, Ussos, Wyatts and the Shield.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-25-2014, 10:06 PM
anyways, the correct answer is Rybaxel, so we can close this thread and move on.

3MBetrayed.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-25-2014, 10:10 PM
Pretty shocked that no one is voting for R-Truth and Xavier Woods. Are you guys racists or something? :shifty:

Racist and Sexist. The Funkadacytlys aren't in this list.

#1-norm-fan
01-25-2014, 10:20 PM

They've both got their good qualities at the moment. Ryback has an awesome look/size, proven potential to be over and a pretty funny gimmick. Curtis Axel has a great... tag partner...

#1-norm-fan
01-25-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm not sure who my favorite team is. I like PTP a lot but they haven't been used well. They should have done a better job of taking advantage of the publicity Darren Young brought. The Usos are about as legit of a tag team as you can possibly find and The Wyatts are just awesome.

I'd go with one of those three.

Bad News Gertner
01-25-2014, 10:43 PM
3MBetrayed.

You have to factor in the possibility of it being a McIntyre/Mahal tag team, thus leaving out future World Champ Heath Slater.

Rammsteinmad
01-25-2014, 11:06 PM
We The People! :D

Mr. Nerfect
01-25-2014, 11:12 PM
I like Curtis Axel far more than I should. I wish he developed a "thing" that got over.

Krimzon7
01-26-2014, 04:41 AM
The Shield makes the entire division better

Mr. Nerfect
01-26-2014, 09:32 AM
The Shield are phenomenal. I like the way that they are still right up there in terms of credibility, even though they have essentially moved right away from the title picture.

Anybody Thrilla
01-26-2014, 12:07 PM
So are the Real Americans the OFFICIAL team of the smarks?

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-26-2014, 02:55 PM
Yes, awesome heel manager and great king of the internet Antonio Cesaro. Plus Jack Swagger is there.

Anybody Thrilla
01-29-2014, 12:59 PM
I have to say, between the Royal Rumble and this week's Raw, I'm digging the New Age Outlaws a fair amount.

Loose Cannon
01-29-2014, 08:55 PM
love the Wyatts and voted for them, but the Real Americans are awesome. They gel so well and Zeb makes me crack up. I laughed this week when he was all like "Look what El Gato dragged in" hahaha

Antonio is the shit. He's one of the best all around wrestlers they have right now.

DAMN iNATOR
01-29-2014, 10:08 PM
I really don't understand why the internet hates Ryback. He's a big loudmouth, obnoxious oldschool heel that you don't see anymore. He interacts with the crowd during matches and is hilarious. Friggen love Ryback. He's very believeable in his role. He really seems like a nutcase, which is what wrestlers should be: an extension of themselves.

I know. @Ryback22 rules!

Bad News Gertner
01-30-2014, 12:20 AM
I have to say, between the Royal Rumble and this week's Raw, I'm digging the New Age Outlaws a fair amount.

So am I. People are bitching because "they are old", but who cares if they are more entertaining than 95% of the roster? At the end of the day I just want to be entertained, so if it's the NAO wrestling at half the rate they used to, or a 3 Hour 3MB concert, I don't care. Just amuse me and I'm happy.

#1-norm-fan
01-30-2014, 12:26 AM
I fucking loved the way they were working that match against Cody and Goldust on Raw like old school pussy heels constantly trying to take a "timeout" early in the match.

In fact, now that they seem to be at least temporarily full-time I'm gonna have to go ahead and change my vote to them.

Anybody Thrilla
01-30-2014, 12:27 AM
They're not even that far off from what they used to do, ring work wise.

I really liked the way they were talking to each other during the match. Not calling spots, but saying things to each other that you might actually say if you were in a fight with a partner. The Shield is good at that sort of thing, too.

Lock Jaw
01-30-2014, 12:28 AM
Yeah, they've been surprising me with how good they have been.

I still want The Usos to take the titles from them, though.

Tazz Dan
01-30-2014, 12:30 AM
The NAO are pretty amazing. If I was a rookie in the business, I'd be watching what them and Goldust are and have been doing. Great examples of how to work.

Anybody Thrilla
01-30-2014, 12:32 AM
Somehow, I don't imagine them being champs for long.

Bad News Gertner
01-30-2014, 12:59 AM
Lol what makes me laugh is that they are supposed to be with HHH was is a heel, they fight Punk, but the next night on Raw they do their babyface shitck.

Meh, I love them and hope they stick around for a while.

Juan
01-30-2014, 02:41 AM
I voted for the Outlaws.

Mr. Nerfect
02-02-2014, 07:05 AM
I love that the Outlaws haven't lost everything about their act just because they are heels. It allows them to be entertaining, pump the crowd up but also be chickenshits. I could see them lasting as Tag Team Champions until WrestleMania, to be honest. Put them in a multi-team match featuring the likes of The Usos, Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara/Big Show and The Real Americans. Dropping the titles to kick off Mania would be a fun way to start the show.

Mr. Nerfect
02-02-2014, 07:10 AM
I wonder how much longer The Real Americans are going to be together for? RAW and SmackDown made me think that there may be a Jack Swagger split from the group soon. Cesaro also seems to be getting something resembling a push (which makes me so, so happy). A Tag Team Title loss at WrestleMania could be the final straw between the two.

Bobo
02-02-2014, 07:57 AM
Tamina and her titties

Anybody Thrilla
02-02-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm sorry to those who voted for the Primetime Players. :(

Bad News Gertner
02-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Rybaxel clearly got the shaft here

Anybody Thrilla
02-02-2014, 01:08 PM
They're actually winning matches now, too.

Bad News Gertner
02-02-2014, 01:57 PM
I feel they'd be winning this with a total of 79 votes.

Anybody Thrilla
02-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Nope. There's an 'other' option. One for Rybaxel (you) and one for Tamina and her titties (Bobo).

Ruien
02-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Well my team has split. I choose Ryback now.

Damndirty
02-03-2014, 03:41 PM
Hell No or No One Else

XL
02-08-2014, 12:50 PM
I love that the Outlaws haven't lost everything about their act just because they are heels. It allows them to be entertaining, pump the crowd up but also be chickenshits. I could see them lasting as Tag Team Champions until WrestleMania, to be honest. Put them in a multi-team match featuring the likes of The Usos, Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara/Big Show and The Real Americans. Dropping the titles to kick off Mania would be a fun way to start the show.
I want them to do a Tag Team Turmoil Over-The-Top Battle Royal at Mania. Make it 15 teams to make it a 30 man match to tie into it being WrestleMania 30.

I'd have held off on the PTP split until after Mania, perhaps with a loss here being the "final straw" for Titus. I'd have also turned Sweet T with Brodus to give you another heel team to play with.

That gives you 9 established teams. Add to that:

- If you don't do the rumoured Mask Match with Rey/Cara you can have them team and throw them in here. Or if you have nothing for Big Show to do, have Mysteri-Show appear here.

- 3MB have a bit of infighting over who should take the spots in the match, eventually giving Slater & Mahal the nod.

- Bring back Evan Bourne to re-team with Kofi Kingston so he can do a spot similar to his Rumble stuff.

- Comedy team of Khali and Hornswoggle.

- Barrett has some bad neeeeeeeeeeews for us; he hasn't got a match at Mania and that could be bad for everybody on the roster cus until he does nobody is safe. Barrett interjects himself into some matches on Raw until Maddox points out that if he wants on the Mania card he can find a partner and join in the Turmoil match. A week later Barrett has some Good Neeeeeeeeeeeeews; he has found a partner. Bad neeeeeeeeeews; you won't find out who it is until Mania. His partner is reveal as William Regal.

- One team short; throw some guys together? Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel might make a fun team. A reunited Show-Miz. See if John Morrison is up for a return to reform his team with Miz. Miz and Riley? Big E & Henry if they've nothing to do. Santino and Ryder? Ryder & Hawkins? Call up The Ascension or Amore & Big Cass from NXT.

30 Man/15 Team Tag Team Turmoil OTTR Battle Royal for the WWE Tag Team Championship

New Age Outlaws (c) vs. Prime Time Players vs. The Usos vs. The Real Americans vs. Los Matadores vs. Tons of Funk vs. Truth/Woods vs. Rybaxel vs. The Wyatts vs. Rey/Cara vs. Slater/Mahal (w/ McIntyre) vs. Air Boom vs. Khali/Hornswoggle vs. Barrett/Regal vs. Kidd & Gabriel

Pick your winner from that bunch. The Usos probably deserve a run. Personally I'd go with McIntyre turning on 3MB to join forces with Barrett & Regal to start a new 3-man team to fill the Shield shaped hole left by their break up.

Bad News Gertner
02-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Rybaxel is clearly the correct choice