PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone really believe there's a chance D-Bryan will main event WM?

CharismaInjection
01-27-2014, 03:22 PM
I want to believe it, but I think they genuinely won't compromise their plans no matter what. Bryan will merely be in one of the opening matches in my opinion :/

NormanSmiley
01-27-2014, 03:24 PM
DB v. sheamus is set.

glanville6
01-27-2014, 04:26 PM
DB v. sheamus is set.

This makes me so mad

glanville6
01-27-2014, 04:28 PM
I HOPE after last night and in the upcoming nights that Vince realizes that he is making a mistake.

They can always do something like a WWE App vote to vote Bryan into the main event of Wrestlemania. I don't like that idea, but it beats Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan 3. NO ONE CARES ABOUT SHEAMUS VS. DANIEL BRYAN

Heyman
01-27-2014, 04:31 PM
I want to believe it, but I think they genuinely won't compromise their plans no matter what. Bryan will merely be in one of the opening matches in my opinion :/

I say that we WILL infact, see Daniel Bryan in the World heavyweight title match at Mania'.

I might be giving the WWE too much credit, but I can't see them making such an astronomical mistake. They've made big mistakes in the past, but I can't see them fumbling on this one.

Bryan vs. Batista, with Bryan going over. You heard it here first.

Bobo
01-27-2014, 04:35 PM
Yes I think they may well have a 3 man or 4 way title match.

Impeccable
01-27-2014, 04:36 PM
I want to believe he will but I have a fear that we will see cena, bryan and hogan vs the wyatts at WM.

Razzamajazz
01-27-2014, 05:00 PM
the same way the rumble winner "main events" and is in the opening match

The Gold Standard
01-27-2014, 05:09 PM
I think he will. Bryan doesn't seem like one to complain in the public forum. Given the fact that he did complain on Twitter, as well as Brie, I think this could mean Bryan is getting some sort of push. What that is, I don't know, but I think something is up.

Theo Dious
01-27-2014, 06:14 PM
I'm pretty sure people were saying this about that Canadian guy with a bunch of missing teeth in 2004.

Theo Dious
01-27-2014, 06:14 PM
the same way the rumble winner "main events" and is in the opening match

Except there really is no mechanism for that now.

The Rogerer
01-27-2014, 06:18 PM
It occurred to me that they might see Daniel Bryan as the new Rey Mysterio, a safe, popular hand to throw out for your opening match and get the crowd going.

BigCrippyZ
01-27-2014, 06:21 PM
NO ONE CARES ABOUT SHEAMUS OR ALBERTO DEL RIO

Fixed.

Lock Jaw
01-28-2014, 02:18 PM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/uYe4YpgHI7k?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/uYe4YpgHI7k?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Kingofdaswing
01-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Personally, Daniel Bryan not being in the main event at WM will not make me miss it. I am willing to bet many others feel this way as well, and the WWE knows it. Not too mention, with the wwe network offering it for free, why would try care what people actually wanna see.

I'm interested too see how this network effects the PPVs.

Heyman
01-28-2014, 10:11 PM
If Daniel Bryan does in fact, win the World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania, then my props to the WWE............for this will be one rare instance where they truly fooled both marks and smarks and kept them guessing since Summerslam.

Heyman
01-28-2014, 10:15 PM
Triple H/Authority vs. Daniel Bryan, in my opinion, has a chance of being just as powerful as Vince vs. Austin, in terms of a powerful heel authority figure allowing a Top babyface to receive very massive reactions.

The more that Triple H and The Authority conduct "worked shoots" towards Bryan, the more viciously the fans will react and the more loyal they will be towards Daniel Bryan.

In a lot of ways, the WWE Royal Rumble of this year was the best thing to happen to the WWE in years...........IF.......the end result of all of this is Bryan winning the World Title at Mania.

NormanSmiley
01-28-2014, 10:47 PM
god dude, you are gonna have to move on

Heyman
01-28-2014, 10:52 PM
god dude, you are gonna have to move on

If Bryan doesn't win the title at Mania, then I take back everything I said.

For now though, I stand by everything I said.

In my view, the WWE has done a TREMENDOUS job in pushing Bryan and have kept both marks and smarks guessing.

Triple H's constant burial of Bryan has helped the fans cheer and sympathize with him even more. Period.

The WWE is being shit on by the IWC, and by marks, but I strongly suspect that their 'master plan' will all unfold over these next few months.

p.s.___________NormanSmiley is "genuinely intrigued" by the penises of gay black men, lol

NormanSmiley
01-29-2014, 02:57 AM
ehh you can try to make fanboy gay jokes to sound tough on the internet but I think you'd be better off working on just pulling your head from your ass instead of playing fantasy booker poorly

Brigstocke
01-29-2014, 04:38 AM
oooooh Heyman, He's going after your EWR skills.....FINISH HIM.

Brigstocke
01-29-2014, 04:42 AM
WWE Aren't the #1 Wrestling promotion in the world for nothing....There is not a chance in hell that WrestleMania won't end with Daniel Bryan crying tears of joy in the ring with 75,000 fans 'Yessing' the roof off.

Thats what the WWE will want to close their show as they launch their Network to a worldwide audience.

If that dosen't happen I will have my Handle changed to 'HBPunks Bitch'

FFS guys just enjoy the ride....

Rammsteinmad
01-29-2014, 04:59 AM
All this talk and speculation about Daniel Bryan, which has really ignited a lot of interest and passion from all kinds of wrestling fans, doesn't change the fact that the Rumble match sucked. Not because Bryan wasn't in it, the match itself was just kinda boring and no legit surprises.

Blonde Moment
01-29-2014, 06:50 AM
Best case senerio is Bryan walks into Wm as champ but he won't be walking out as one.

Mr. Nerfect
02-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Daniel Bryan is the most over Superstar on the entire WWE roster. I'm fairly certain that fans would boo The Rock against Bryan at this point. If Daniel Bryan isn't in the main event, then you can expect "Daniel Bryan!" and "NO!" chants throughout the entire thing. The WWE has two obvious options in front of them at the moment:

1. Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H does happen at WrestleMania XXX, and the match serves as the main event of the PPV. It will probably have some sort of added stipulation where if Bryan wins, he will receive a WWE World Heavyweight Title shot, but if Triple H wins then he'll never get another shot at the World Title again. It seems unlikely that the storyline behind this program leads to it headlining the show, but the WWE could have some sort of fan poll as to which match they want to see close WrestleMania. I'm fairly certain that the YES! Movement will hijack the show and make Triple H vs. Bryan the finishing act.

2. Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H does happen at WrestleMania XXX, but it's part of a bigger story that night. The infinitely great Gertner suggested this idea: If Daniel Bryan beats Triple H at WrestleMania XXX, then he gets added to the main event for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Bryan essentially executes Triple H and makes him submit to the YES! Lock and gets a massive rub heading into the headlining match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, where, ideally, Bryan captures the WWE World Championship.

The second option actually sounds really good to me, as it allows the WWE to wrap-up the Daniel Bryan vs. Authority storyline at the grandest stage of them all, and gives the fans the closure they all want to see. Batista winning the WWE World Title and Bryan earning a title shot is also perfectly fine storytelling, to be fair, but I guess I'm just getting greedy. I think what I like most about the second option is that it's a story that hasn't really been told at WrestleMania before. A Superstar earning a title shot after defeating such a big star earlier in the night and going into the main event at such a disadvantage? Hot stuff. Bryan could essentially deliver two Match of the Year quality performances in one night at the grandest event of the WWE calendar year. Now that's a pretty big deal.

Another thing to keep in mind is that it also fits the Randy Orton storyline of him not being happy with the situations The Authority puts him in. A potential Triple Threat Match against two hot acts like Batista and Daniel Bryan? That gives The Viper plenty to complain about. To be honest, given that Orton's heel turn is falling a bit flat (he seems to be struggling to keep a sense of credibility about himself, despite beating Cena clean and being a 13-time World Champion or however many he's won), I could see his issues with The Authority lead to them screwing him over and Orton turning back into the ruthless babyface (perhaps with more shades of grey than he used to have) the WWE Universe used to love, even while he was directionless for the most part. Truth be told, though, a top pipe-dream of 2014 for me has been the idea of Randy Orton becoming a Paul Heyman Guy. Don't ask me why, I just think that arrangement would work out quite nicely. CM Punk has left the WWE, but if he does return at some point, Orton feuding with him and aligning with Paul Heyman to get intimate knowledge into Punk is something that I would find really enjoyable.

But I could see the WWE playing their cards closer to the chest and really trying to string this thing along to make as much money out of the chase as they can. For example, I could see the WWE having Bryan defeat Triple H at WrestleMania XXX to earn a title shot, with Batista then beating Orton to become the World Champion to close the show. Batista and Bryan then do an Austin/Rock thing heading into Extreme Rules, where both men seem like they respect each other (with Batista being a bit of an arrogant prick, but still). At that PPV, Batista does a full heel turn and aligns with The Authority to become the new "Face of WWE." Bryan is screwed, but he then starts a chase against Heel Batista, which would be pretty fucking cool.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-01-2014, 10:55 PM
Feel like Daniel Bryan's run is similar to DDP's wcw run circa '97-'98. People's champ.

Mr. Nerfect
02-02-2014, 12:58 AM
The Rock vs. Daniel Bryan could be huge if they start billing Bryan as "People's Champ."

#1-norm-fan
02-02-2014, 01:00 AM
There is not a chance in hell that WrestleMania won't end with Daniel Bryan crying tears of joy in the ring with 75,000 fans 'Yessing' the roof off.

I feel like I've heard something like this before.

KIRA
02-02-2014, 02:25 AM
Something in my gut says DB won't be able to maintain this wrestling Jesus status for long it's a thought I kept dismissing initially. I LOVE DB regardless of his status in WWE but this article pretty much put a good chunk of my thoughts into words.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1939112-wwe-raw-chess-match-between-authority-wwe-universe-ensues

Shadrick
02-03-2014, 12:54 PM
The Rock vs. Daniel Bryan could be huge if they start billing Bryan as "People's Champ."

It would have to be heel Rock and DB would definitely have to go over.

Lock Jaw
02-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Stopped reading after "Daniel Bryan isn't good enough on the mic". That is such utter shit. I'm not even a big DB mark, but he's had some amazing promos, most notably when feuding with Cena last year.

I thought his promos and character were better before the stuff with Cena, honestly. He does have the potential, though.

Damndirty
02-03-2014, 03:10 PM
I'm a Daniel Bryan kind of guy myself, and hope he is in the main event, however, not to say it should be done without certain alterations. Personally, a new theme, or a slightly more catchy revision of the current one.

mike adamle
02-03-2014, 03:14 PM
I'm a Daniel Bryan kind of guy myself, and hope he is in the main event, however, not to say it should be done without certain alterations. Personally, a new theme, or a slightly more catchy revision of the current one.

I've always hoped since CM Punk started using one of his old ROH themes, Cult of Personality, that someday they'll let Bryan start coming out to The Final Countdown, was one of the most over parts of ROH when he was there coming out to it.

Damndirty
02-03-2014, 03:35 PM
I like some of the custom theme ideas on youtube, like this one http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9g0BZfrO-Rg

mike adamle
02-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Naw that blows

Anybody Thrilla
02-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Bryan would lose all fan support immediately if that were his theme.