PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk removed from all live events

Pages : 1 [2] 3

VSG
01-30-2014, 03:29 PM
HHH is well within his rights to think Punk unprofessional, he walked out on a contract after all. But once again, I SPECULATE that HHH is probably pretty offended the Punk doesn't really want to work with him, because the only thing bigger than Mr. "I AM THIS BUSINESS"'s nose, is his ego.

Are you really thinking Punk had no clue that he would have a payoff against HHH after the months of him fighting HHH and Kane's authority? Whether he liked it or not is up to him, but it makes no sense to have Punk into the title scene without settling scores with Kane at the very least.

VSG
01-30-2014, 03:30 PM
If I were Punk, I would tell him to stick his pay up his arse.

Stop being so controversial, this ain't the discussion forum :roll:

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Are you really thinking Punk had no clue that he would have a payoff against HHH after the months of him fighting HHH and Kane's authority? Whether he liked it or not is up to him, but it makes no sense to have Punk into the title scene without settling scores with Kane at the very least.

What are you even talking about? I'm not talking about that at all. I'm just saying Punk doesn't want to work against HHH. Which I find hilarious and think it secretly hurts HHH's feelings because he thinks he's god.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-30-2014, 03:35 PM
And Punk was obviously aware of the direction, he was just not happy with it.

VSG
01-30-2014, 03:37 PM
I am saying that Punk would have known for ages that he would be facing HHH given his storyline, so why wait till Monday to walk out? Assuming all this is true lol.

Also, it does not matter if HHH thinks he is incredible or not- the booking done so far will need a Punk/HHH match to really culminate the storyline. I am not saying the booking was good, but that's how I see it anyway.

NormanSmiley
01-30-2014, 03:38 PM
I would go a step further to say Punk is trying to make a stand for DB. Trying to get a feel for the story without talking to Punk is difficult but fuck it if ryan clark can rattle off made up info without naming one single source so can I.

Punk is bitter/worn out/fed up of no progression. The 1 step forward 2 steps back thinking of who calling shots. It's not as much about not being in the title hunt because Punk is smart enough to know you don't need the title to be over or sell merch. But if you are a guy who has worked 50 minutes on Sunday night with no mention or fanfare from the announce team and here comes batista out of shaped and gassed for 10 minutes of work then your friend who has busted his ass all year is backseated STILL when its obvious the direction the crowd wants is DB , then why not say F it and bail

his only direct quote was on twitter that read "the view never changes"

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-30-2014, 03:39 PM
But we aren't talking about the same thing at all, you're making points about my posts that I'm not talking about. He chose Monday to walk out because he obviously reached a boiling point. the HHH storyline is ONE of the things he's not happy with. It's not like he was JUST informed of it and was like "THAT'S IT I'M OUT OF HERE"

It was just one of many things obviously pissing him off. Icing on the cake was Batista getting the title shot and not Daniel Bryan.

(referencing VSG)

NormanSmiley
01-30-2014, 03:42 PM
so why wait till Monday to walk out? Assuming all this is true lol.

I would think like Dale hit on, boiling point culminating with them informing him after the rumble reaction they were going to stay with their lame ass WM plans

Tazz Dan
01-30-2014, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I think you're missing what Dale is getting at VSG. I think Hunter's ego has probably taken a massive hit by all this, if it is true that Punk didn't see having a match with him as high enough calibre.

VSG
01-30-2014, 03:54 PM
All I am saying is that HHH being butt hurt is a huge assumption. If Punk wants to be in the title scene, good for him. But where I am coming from, Punk over HHH at Wrestlemania is a worthy main event.

Tazz Dan
01-30-2014, 03:56 PM
Yeah, and nobody is arguing with you on that from a fan perspective.

Tazz Dan
01-30-2014, 03:57 PM
But HHH being butt hurt, it's HHH FFS. like I said, if it is true, I think his ego would have taken a hit, especially with all the publicity coming from all this.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-30-2014, 03:57 PM
All I am saying is that HHH being butt hurt is a huge assumption.

As I said, it was pure speculation. But let's get serious, it's not like it's grasping at straws. HHH THE GAME THE CEREBRAL ASSASSIN THE KING OF KINGS gracing Punk with a match is supposed to be a big deal, and Punk said "Nah, no thanks, I'm good".

VSG
01-30-2014, 04:01 PM
I guess my issue with the assumption was not just that he got butt hurt, but that he is hiding behind the "Punk was unprofessional" excuse instead.

Anyway I am thinking too much into this, fuck HHH and fuck Punk. We will just see what happens. If this all was a massive work, then good for them.

The Rogerer
01-30-2014, 04:04 PM
Stop being so controversial, this ain't the discussion forum :roll:It's a response to the people who are talking about suspending him without pay and/or BREECH OF CONTRACT on other sites. You can't threaten a man who doesn't need money.

Innovator
01-30-2014, 04:04 PM
All I am saying is that HHH being butt hurt is a huge assumption. If Punk wants to be in the title scene, good for him. But where I am coming from, Punk over HHH at Wrestlemania is a worthy main event.

Punk's contract is up in July, HHH would probably go over.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-30-2014, 04:06 PM
Yeah but I could see him fighting Vince a little extra hard tooth and nail because of the shot to his ego, just my view on things. Regardless of the fact that HHH IS THIS BUSINESS and knows it's just business, he's a human being like the rest of us, and has a big ego, and would let that get in the way of things, I think. Especially considering Vince wants to mend fences, and what Vince says, goes.

VSG
01-30-2014, 04:06 PM
Punk's contract is up in July, HHH would probably go over.

If that was the plan all along, then fuck HHH even more.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-30-2014, 04:12 PM
looking forward to james steele coming in here and busting out "facts" about how HHH is a god and put everyone he could over, and was a massive draw and the be all and end all of THIS BUSINESS and how CM Punk is and always was a bum.

Tazz Dan
01-30-2014, 04:15 PM
Remember when HHH put Booker T over? First at WM, and then when he returned from injury that time at SummerSlam.

NormanSmiley
Punk flat out said "dave is my friend but now is not the time for him to be here, its Daniel Bryan's time"

same sentiment I think for HHH, I think if it made sense and added something to the whole scheme of it he would be a team player but I think Punk sees it more for what it is

2 years ago "hey punk we are going with Cena/Rock so we are gonna give you Jericho and they are going on last not you

last year, hey same thing as last year but this time you get to have the undertaker

this year, we found another guy to come back and be in the main event so what about you and HHH on 4th?

Tazz Dan
Sorry NormanSmiley, I'm going off topic here.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Oh and that time he gave Punk that HUGE main event rub when they feuded after Punk and Cena. I don't know why Punk wouldn't want to wrestle him after all HHH did for him in that match.

Swiss Ultimate
01-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Former WWE star Matt Hardy arrested for alleged hotel brawl with wife

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-30-2014, 04:17 PM
Yeah honestly I'm sure Punk has no problems with HHH friend wise, they're probably perfectly cordial, but the mark in me is loving this :p

NormanSmiley
01-30-2014, 04:21 PM
agree Dale, for me the appeal to the story is Punk put himself in a position to say no thanks when his name can generate some buzz outside WWE and show how much the people in charge have their heads up their ass

Damian Rey
01-30-2014, 04:23 PM
If true, I don't think Punk magically decided Monday would be it. He's been more than vocal in the past about part time guys/retreads coming in and taking main event spots. We know having to see Rock main event 2 years in a row didn't make him happy, but it can be argued easily that Rock was a huge deal and was "best for business" as a draw. Batista is not, and never was. He was always second fiddle to Cena, and now he comes back, with one match, and gets auto penciled into the main event. I can completely understand how that would be the tipping point for Punk.

I also would understand that the idea of working with HHH is an underwhelming one. Outside of Mr. Steele, did anyone really enjoy his matches with Lesnar. The first two bored me to the point that I didn't bother with the third. His matches with Taker weren't anything special either, and are book ended by two classics with HBK and CM Punk. Not to mention, the last time I remember Punk and H having a match, during the summer of Punk, H won with a pedigree, 1-2-3, after a clusterfuck of run ins. Then ends the show crotch chopping the hottest name in the company to end the show.

So yeah, Punk having little to no interest in a match with H is not surprising at all. I get that walking out is unprofessional, and H having his ego stepped on a bit is only natural, but he, Vince and WWE need Punk a lot more than Punk needs them. Replacing his merch sales, the live crowds that cheer him, and his ability to put on matches with just about anyone is not going to be easy, and there's no one currently on the roster in position to take his spot.

NormanSmiley
01-30-2014, 04:31 PM
^^ well said sir. ALL excellent points

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-30-2014, 04:32 PM
He really just reiterated what I already said :rant: ;)

NormanSmiley
01-30-2014, 04:44 PM
gold stars for you both

Damian Rey
01-30-2014, 05:13 PM
Can I be Gorgeous' sidekick then? "Dashing" Damian Rey? "REYdiant" Damian Rey?

NormanSmiley
01-30-2014, 05:15 PM
you guys immediately have more cred than 90% of tag teams in the E right now, depending on your ring attire

Damian Rey
01-30-2014, 05:19 PM
I'll let Dale choose the attire. I can take the beatings then give him the hot tag to close the match.

Nark Order
01-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Aw. Triple H got his feewings hurwt.

CSL
01-30-2014, 05:28 PM
His matches with Taker weren't anything special either

I'm sorry, there's a lot of dumb stuff being said in this thread but this is the runaway winner

XL
01-30-2014, 05:41 PM
It really should be Bryan vs. HHH at Mania anyway. Especially if a match against Sheamus is the best they can come up with.

Tazz Dan
01-30-2014, 05:44 PM
He really just reiterated what I already said :rant: ;)

In a much less gorgeous way. There was no Crash Bang.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-30-2014, 05:45 PM
Gorgeous Dale and Dashing Damien- the stunners

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-30-2014, 05:48 PM
I'm just imagining HHH trying to process Punk not allowing himself to get forced into working with him.

"HE...doesn't wanna work with ME.... no that doesn't make sense.... just give me a second.... HE... doesn't wanna work with ME...." and it all manifests itself as him going "C'mon Vince he walked out, he's unprofessional we don't want him back."

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-30-2014, 05:51 PM
I'm sorry, there's a lot of dumb stuff being said in this thread but this is the runaway winner

lol it's all subjective... I didn't see the first one but I wasn't particularly swept away by the hell in a cell match. It was good, but not eye popping. Though honestly I enjoyed the summerslam and extreme rules matches with Brock, but I'm a big Lesnar mark.

I do find in funny that the idea of him being butt hurt by CM Punk not wanting to work with him is so unfathomable to some. If someone didn't want to work with me I'd be pretty fucking pissed lol.

CSL
01-30-2014, 05:58 PM
thought the "first" one was good, thought the HIAC match was pretty much the perfect "sports entertainment" match, had absolutely everything and could pretty much have only been performed on that level by maybe 2 or 3 other living guys not already involved in the match.

As for the other point, I'm steering clear. It's already basically become "internet fact" that Triple H is pissed off because Punk doesn't want to work with him/is one of the defining factors in him quitting WWE. All of which is still nothing but complete speculation.

CSL
01-30-2014, 05:59 PM
christ I bet there are some brain-aching tweets/Youtube comments etc about this lot :'(

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-30-2014, 06:03 PM
Well I have no problem speculating, and honestly from everything Punk has said (he answered questions in his q and a and whatnot) it seems pretty consistent with it all.

I love wrestling and I love speculating and going along with the news, afterall it's our only window into it all. Not everything is going to be completely accurate, (see: Curtis Axel's blown out hips) but this seems somewhat cut and dry.

And it ISN'T a fact that HHH is pissed off with Punk for not wanting to work with him, I just find it fucking hilarious that Punk doesn't want to work with him, and it seems pretty logical that HHH would be butt hurt about that. There's nothing wrong with having some fun, we're all marks here at the end of the day.

Damian Rey
01-30-2014, 06:04 PM

Compared to the HBK series and match with Punk, the HHH series was not very good. The HITC match was better, but not on the level of those other 3. It is all subjective, but I don't dig those matches/hail them as classics like I'm sure quite a few people do. I found them to be boring, drug out signature move fests. Especially the first one. Lot of laying around going on in both, and again, in my view, particularly the first one.

CSL
01-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Well I have no problem speculating, and honestly from everything Punk has said (he answered questions in his q and a and whatnot) it seems pretty consistent with it all.

I love wrestling and I love speculating and going along with the news, afterall it's our only window into it all. Not everything is going to be completely accurate, (see: Curtis Axel's blown out hips) but this seems somewhat cut and dry.

And it ISN'T a fact that HHH is pissed off with Punk for not wanting to work with him, I just find it fucking hilarious that Punk doesn't want to work with him, and it seems pretty logical that HHH would be butt hurt about that. There's nothing wrong with having some fun, we're all marks here at the end of the day.

Captain Straightcap: "It's also still speculation that Punk doesn't want to work with him" http://www.tpwwforums.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

CSL
01-30-2014, 06:08 PM
tbh the "Punk doesn't want to work with him" part is probably the part I find the most difficult to believe. This has been something that has been reported online for some time now which means A. it's bollocks or B. Punk has known for quite some time now that that was the plan for him. Don't see how that equates to him suddenly becoming so disillusioned with the whole direction/program. Seems to conveniently fit the story more than anything.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-30-2014, 06:08 PM
Captain Straightcap: "It's also still speculation that Punk doesn't want to work with him" http://www.tpwwforums.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Once again, logically, it's consistent with everything Punk has implied in interviews. It's not 100 per cent guaranteed, but it's more than likely the case.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-30-2014, 06:11 PM
tbh the "Punk doesn't want to work with him" part is probably the part I find the most difficult to believe. This has been something that has been reported online for some time now which means A. it's bollocks or B. Punk has known for quite some time now that that was the plan for him. Don't see how that equates to him suddenly becoming so disillusioned with the whole direction/program. Seems to conveniently fit the story more than anything.

Read the damned thread :p, that's ONE of the things that was pissing him off. I think he was willing to stomach it, but everything else got to him as well and he got pushed over the edge

VSG
01-30-2014, 06:17 PM
Too many speculations in here, let's just wait it out ya?

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-30-2014, 06:20 PM
What's the fun in that?

CSL
01-30-2014, 06:21 PM
Read the damned thread :p, that's ONE of the things that was pissing him off. I think he was willing to stomach it, but everything else got to him as well and he got pushed over the edge

I don't need to read it, I've read all of "the news items" pertaining to it. Work or not, there's clearly something going on. I'm just not yet about to buy into Punk going from Punk being the way he was in that Helwani interview, which was shot Thursday or Friday to "I'm upping and leaving now" after the PPV/before Raw. Yeah he's a bit disillusioned, this is blatantly obvious and he's one of those guys that won't just stick around for the cash. But the Triple H stuff? Not buying it. Has to be more to it/something else if it's legit. The most "interesting" thing I've heard mentioned is the concussion talk. He did take that chokeslam through the table at the Rumble (which I thought at the time seemed somewhat unnecessary after going 50+ minutes and Kane already getting his heat by eliminating him)

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-30-2014, 06:24 PM
But we're not saying HHH is the only reason he's leaving, it's just one thing he's disgruntled with

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-30-2014, 06:31 PM
Sorry let me explain further. I don't think anyone believes that Punk has any beef with HHH, or hates him or anything like that. From what has been reported, it is one of the many things that is pissing him off. He just doesn't see it as a direction he cares to take his character, and even more grating is Dave Batista is now in a main event with Randy Orton after not being around for a long time... winning the royal rumble after he got his ass kicked for 50 minutes and got chokeslammed through a table. And on top of all of that, D Bry, his good buddy whose one of the hottest guys in the company was in the curtain jerker and not booked in the rumble, when he thought (right or wrong) it was his year.

THEN like you said, there's the concussion stuff, which is confusing everyone even more. The HHH stuff was just a little fodder and I found it particularly amusing. He didn't want to work with HHH, and now HHH is telling Vince not to bring him back because he finds him unprofessional.

Corporate CockSnogger
01-30-2014, 06:52 PM
8 pages about a whining man-child.

CSL
01-30-2014, 06:57 PM
hey, that's The Best Whining Man Child In The World to you

CSL
01-30-2014, 06:57 PM
bit of a mouthful

FourFifty
01-30-2014, 07:34 PM
Just give Corey Graves a shot right now. WWE fans want a tattooed anti hero, they can have one.
Build him up over the next 2-3 years and we'll forget all about Punk.

Blonde Moment
01-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Wife doesn't watch wrestling much and her somment on Punk wrestling HHH was "Well that doesn't make any sense, shouldn't that Bryan guy be wrestling him?"

I doubt its even that he is wrestling HHH its that it makes no sense whatsoever that he is in the first place. Daniel Bryan has been feuding with the Authority all year why the hell shouldn't be feuding with HHH? Because HHH figures he's too big to job to him?

Innovator
01-30-2014, 08:14 PM
Just give Corey Graves a shot right now. WWE fans want a tattooed anti hero, they can have one.
Build him up over the next 2-3 years and we'll forget all about Punk.

I want to punch you in the face for that. CM Punk:Corey Graves::NFL:CFL

Bad News Gertner
01-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Corey Graves is awful.

FourFifty
01-30-2014, 08:17 PM
I want to punch you in the face

Get in line.

FourFifty
01-30-2014, 08:20 PM
Graves has the right look for the part. Does he have the proper training on how to hold himself in the spotlight? Fuck no. This is why I didn't say "HOLY FUCK WADS, WWE NEEDS HIM RITE NOW!!!1!!!1!!!11!!!!one1!!!!eleven11!!!!"
Give him time train under pressure. One of three things will happen. He'll either excel and leave me as the only person who is right in the room, or he'll get a solid mid card status for a while until he turns heel and Cena eats him in a supplemental feud while Randy is suspended for his 8th second strike, or he'll kill himself and he's not our problem anymore.

Swiss Ultimate
01-30-2014, 11:22 PM
GAME OVER! FRONT PAGE NEWS:

CM Punk Chants At NXT + Punk Signs Confiscated
By Ryan Clark on Thursday, January 30th, 2014 at 10:53 PM ET
– RingsideCollectibles.com has released the image of their upcoming exclusive CM Punk action figure, which is Punk when he was in WWE’s version of ECW. You can check out the pic at the link posted. The figure will be available to pre-order at Ringside Collectibles soon.
– Pro wrestling legend, announcer, and trainer Les Thatcher recently recorded a 90-minute guest spot on Wrestler’s Eye Radio talking about the CM Punk situation with Punk walking out of the WWE.
– Fans at tonight’s WWE NXT tapings at Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida were reportedly chanting for CM Punk throughout the show.
– Also, CM Punk signs were being confiscated by security at the taping. At one point, fans were asked to chant “NXT” to the opening of a TV episode. Instead, there was a sizable Punk chant from the fans. As you can imagine, this don’t go over well with WWE officials. Triple H, who is said to be extremely upset over the CM Punk situation and feels disrespected, was backstage at the show as he always is. As noted earlier, Vince McMahon is now dealing with the CM Punk issues.

screech
01-30-2014, 11:22 PM
Who is Corey Graves?

Swiss Ultimate
01-30-2014, 11:24 PM
You know, I actually think this could go either way. If CM Punk shows up for Mania though and it becomes obvious it was all a work, I wonder if Ryan Park will get new sources.

Swiss Ultimate
01-30-2014, 11:25 PM
Who is Corey Graves?

I read that all mysterious like.

WHO....IS...COREY GRAVES?

Tazz Dan
01-30-2014, 11:30 PM
Corey Graves is obviously Doink The Clown.

Bad News Gertner
01-31-2014, 12:11 AM
He weighs like 150 pounds

Fignuts
01-31-2014, 01:55 AM
Meh

This is all just a work to distract from news that vince helped a murderer get away.

James Steele
01-31-2014, 04:46 AM
I'm not going to dignify this smark circle jerk and gleeful shit-on-a-living-legend party. You should look up Punk/HHH from NoC 2011. It was an awesome match, and I imagine they would steal the show at WM30.

James Steele
01-31-2014, 04:47 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_g-i6mUisF8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Rogerer
01-31-2014, 05:39 AM
Skimmed it. Kevin Nash is in it.

Bad News Gertner
01-31-2014, 06:22 AM
They needed to put Nash in it to make the match interesting.

Ruien
01-31-2014, 08:17 AM
If CM Punk wants to walk out more power to him. Just the same as Vince firing people IMO. If he saved his money and no longer needs to work for the big corporation then he made the right choice. Why be anywhere when you are not happy? So what if it is close to Mania? Punk is not happy and decided he did not want to be part of this anymore. He should not have to go to work for a few more months due to the time of year it is when he hates his job and is an independent contractor.

DaveWadding
01-31-2014, 08:55 AM
surprised this hasn''t made this thread:

WrestlingINC.com reports that one of their readers attended CM Punk's Wizard World Q&A in Portland, Oregon this past weekend and said he doesn't think Sting should come to WWE because he doesn't have anything left in the tank and would again take away from the younger Superstars. Punk called Batista a friend but said he didn't feel the time was right for Batista to return because it was so unfair to take away from the other wrestlers who work hard everyday.

Punk said he's been frustrated with WWE's direction and feels the writers aren't in touch with what fans want. He's good money-wise and hasn't really spent much money so he's not worried about receiving a paycheck.

Punk said he's interested in UFC if his body can handle it but right now he doesn't think his body is in any shape for it. He said he's been really sick, especially September through November of last year. He's had weekly MRI's and blood work done but doctors can't figure out what's wrong. He started eating meat again and is starting to feel better but isn't close to 100%.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9si8cIjAaVo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Swiss Ultimate
01-31-2014, 09:17 AM
Obviously a work.

XL
01-31-2014, 10:21 AM
Corey Graves is awful.

He's the new Jeff Hardy.

So, yeah, he's awful.

Bad News Gertner
01-31-2014, 10:29 AM
Jeff Hardy at least had exciting spots. Lol Graves is a beanpole that's being booked to be a bad ass.

Innovator
01-31-2014, 10:39 AM
He's Jeff Hardy, minus the presence, talent, minimal mic work, and charisma.

Nark Order
01-31-2014, 10:42 AM
CSL, would you like your hat barbecued or are you going to eat it raw?

CSL
01-31-2014, 10:44 AM
I'm still not seeing any confirmation or anything official there peaches. And if or when it is, I'd like it barbecued. Or potentially deep-fried.

whiteyford
01-31-2014, 10:53 AM
Its not a mars bar csl.

CSL
01-31-2014, 10:57 AM
#trendsetter

Black Widow
01-31-2014, 11:08 AM
I have been a LONG TIME CM Punk fan. I still remember liking him when i 1st saw him on ECW. But over the past couple of years he has become a hypocrite and a whiner. Tired of hearing him moan about how tough his life is. He chose this life. He chose every part of it. And he is compensated VERY well for it. He craps all over The Rock for not working every show, but praises UT who worked less dates than Rock did last year. In his most recent interview he stated how much he loved having Batista back and it wasnt the same as Rock returning b/c Batista came back for the long haul. Yet now he is ticked that Batista won the Rumble? Also in that last interview he mentioned how he will reserve his judgment on the WWE Network till he gets his royalty check. No one blames him for wanting money. No one blames him for wanting financial security. But you were blasting Rock, b/c in your opinion he came back for the money, yet you make a statement like that?! And its no secret that Rock didnt come back for the money. Simple mathematics. WWE cant pay enough to Rock remotely what he is making on a feature film. Top 5 grossing actor at the box office last year.

erickman
01-31-2014, 11:20 AM
so i guess bound for glory will be bully ray vs punk.

whiteyford
01-31-2014, 11:47 AM
I have been a LONG TIME CM Punk fan. I still remember liking him when i 1st saw him on ECW. But over the past couple of years he has become a hypocrite and a whiner. Tired of hearing him moan about how tough his life is. He chose this life. He chose every part of it. And he is compensated VERY well for it. He craps all over The Rock for not working every show, but praises UT who worked less dates than Rock did last year. In his most recent interview he stated how much he loved having Batista back and it wasnt the same as Rock returning b/c Batista came back for the long haul. Yet now he is ticked that Batista won the Rumble? Also in that last interview he mentioned how he will reserve his judgment on the WWE Network till he gets his royalty check. No one blames him for wanting money. No one blames him for wanting financial security. But you were blasting Rock, b/c in your opinion he came back for the money, yet you make a statement like that?! And its no secret that Rock didnt come back for the money. Simple mathematics. WWE cant pay enough to Rock remotely what he is making on a feature film. Top 5 grossing actor at the box office last year.

lol

whiteyford
01-31-2014, 11:49 AM
I started writing a proper reply to that but realised who wrote it and gave up.

Bad News Gertner
01-31-2014, 12:01 PM
Hahaha.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-31-2014, 12:50 PM
Wife doesn't watch wrestling much and her somment on Punk wrestling HHH was "Well that doesn't make any sense, shouldn't that Bryan guy be wrestling him?"

I doubt its even that he is wrestling HHH its that it makes no sense whatsoever that he is in the first place. Daniel Bryan has been feuding with the Authority all year why the hell shouldn't be feuding with HHH? Because HHH figures he's too big to job to him?

Pretty much this

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-31-2014, 12:51 PM
this is all hilarious

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-31-2014, 04:10 PM
I'm not going to dignify this smark circle jerk and gleeful shit-on-a-living-legend party. You should look up Punk/HHH from NoC 2011. It was an awesome match, and I imagine they would steal the show at WM30.

They had a great match which ended with your boy stealing Punk's thunder. A great match is all well and good but it didn't do anything to help Punk, he never got the win back and it's not like HHH needed to go over. Same bullshit, different day, and you're still a moron :)

Swiss Ultimate
01-31-2014, 04:11 PM
Miz, Truth and Nash stole the thunder.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-31-2014, 04:32 PM
at the end of the day, lie down for the guy, 1-2-3. You can do the political move and say "WELL I DIDN'T BEAT HIM CLEAN AND HE'S STILL PROTECTED" or you give the fans the visual of you getting pinned clean in the middle of the ring, 1-2-3. Which do you think is more effective?

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-31-2014, 04:37 PM
This is WWE's problem constantly. Something Nash even brought up. They get certain guys that have a definitive connection with the fans, and they don't go 100 per cent in with them. They don't use the momentum to the full potential. They half protect them, half hang them out to dry. Are you're in or you're out, fans can tell when a guy isn't the upper echelon. You ever notice that the top shelf guys often times don't even get beat with run-ins?

At the end of the day, you put Punk over 100 per cent clean with HHH, it puts him in the upper echelon, HE'S main eventing instead of Cena and Laurenaitis. But they obviously didn't have the faith in him to do that, so they jobbed him in the most cop out manner of booking possible.

Innovator
01-31-2014, 05:48 PM
But but but he kicked out of the pedigree!

#1-norm-fan
01-31-2014, 07:38 PM
lol Triple H

McLegend
01-31-2014, 08:18 PM
HHH has to dislike Punk. Maybe even hate him.

CM Punk is King of the Indies... No way HHH likes him.

Bad News Gertner
01-31-2014, 08:32 PM
Reckless Youth is the King of the Indies

McLegend
01-31-2014, 08:38 PM
Reckless Youth is the King of the Indies

Pretty sure HHH referred to Punk as "King of the Indies" years ago.

Sure someone else could have taken that title by now.

#1-norm-fan
01-31-2014, 08:41 PM
Agent Exile is the king of the indies.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-31-2014, 10:40 PM
FTR I don't think HHH is some evil asshole, but it's abundantly clear he's a glory hog... I don't know if I blame him for that, I don't know if anyone in his position WOULDN'T be a glory hog. I actually look forward to when he runs things as a fully retired wrestler, because I think he will actually have the best interest of the boys at heart, health wise, mental and physical. Minus his obvious steroid use, I definitely respect the fact that he didn't really drink and do drugs in a time when it was all over the place. He does deserve respect, but he's also a total dink in a lot of ways.

Bad News Gertner
01-31-2014, 11:21 PM
He's the new Dusty Rhodes

#1-norm-fan
01-31-2014, 11:37 PM
Gonna refer to the end of the Battleground PPV as the birth of the "hunter finish".

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-31-2014, 11:44 PM
hahaha

Minus the fact that Dusty was actually the fucking man, but I see what you're saying.

James Steele
01-31-2014, 11:46 PM
ROFL ITS HILARIOUS TO SHIT ON TRIPLE H LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-31-2014, 11:51 PM
not gonna lie having an awesome time doing so

Bad News Gertner
01-31-2014, 11:51 PM
When Dusty booked he basically made the show about him and his friends. WCW lost a ton and it messed them up.

HHH is a quarter of a legend that Dusty was but thinks people still want to see him.

Bad News Gertner
01-31-2014, 11:52 PM
Dusty also didn't have to sleep with Jim Crockett's daughter to get a mega push.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-31-2014, 11:54 PM
i'll agree with all of the above

Bad News Gertner
01-31-2014, 11:55 PM
at the end of the day, lie down for the guy, 1-2-3. You can do the political move and say "WELL I DIDN'T BEAT HIM CLEAN AND HE'S STILL PROTECTED" or you give the fans the visual of you getting pinned clean in the middle of the ring, 1-2-3. Which do you think is more effective?

Pretty much what they did to Ryback when he was getting over. "We'll have Punk and The Shield beat him a thousand times in a row, but never clean so the fans won't care and he won't lose momentum. Might as well have Russo leading the WWE. He at least had somehwat of a clue and decent ideas once in a while.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-31-2014, 11:59 PM
Yea because losing dirty is still losing. You are still "outsmarted" and don't get the job done. You'd rather lose clean in an incredibly hard fought match where both guys come off strong.

Bad News Gertner
02-01-2014, 12:10 AM
And now Ryback is getting planchas from El Torito

Fignuts
02-01-2014, 02:05 AM
If Ryback is as unsafe in the ring as the reports say, then he doesn't deserve a top spot.

But who knows, cause it's the dirt sheets.

#1-norm-fan
02-01-2014, 02:53 AM
I actually thought the way Ryback lost at Hell in a Cell was fucking perfect. If they had Punk just cheat at then get the 3 count it would have still be awful because you would have taken away Ryback's aura of invincibility that got the crowd behind him in the first place. Instead they didn't even have him get pinned for a legit 3 count while also getting the over-done undefeated streak distraction out of the way. It was perfect.

The way they booked him AFTER that match was WWE retarded, clueless booking at it's absolute worst.

Shadrick
02-01-2014, 06:26 AM
If true, I don't think Punk magically decided Monday would be it. He's been more than vocal in the past about part time guys/retreads coming in and taking main event spots. We know having to see Rock main event 2 years in a row didn't make him happy, but it can be argued easily that Rock was a huge deal and was "best for business" as a draw. Batista is not, and never was. He was always second fiddle to Cena, and now he comes back, with one match, and gets auto penciled into the main event. I can completely understand how that would be the tipping point for Punk.

I also would understand that the idea of working with HHH is an underwhelming one. Outside of Mr. Steele, did anyone really enjoy his matches with Lesnar. The first two bored me to the point that I didn't bother with the third. His matches with Taker weren't anything special either, and are book ended by two classics with HBK and CM Punk. Not to mention, the last time I remember Punk and H having a match, during the summer of Punk, H won with a pedigree, 1-2-3, after a clusterfuck of run ins. Then ends the show crotch chopping the hottest name in the company to end the show.

So yeah, Punk having little to no interest in a match with H is not surprising at all. I get that walking out is unprofessional, and H having his ego stepped on a bit is only natural, but he, Vince and WWE need Punk a lot more than Punk needs them. Replacing his merch sales, the live crowds that cheer him, and his ability to put on matches with just about anyone is not going to be easy, and there's no one currently on the roster in position to take his spot.

:y:

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Pretty much. In the short term I can see it making sense because it's a clash of "legends" of sorts, but it's not like HHH or Brock needed 3 matches, maybe the one at summerslam where Brock went over, but three was overkill considering how limited Brock's appearances are. But his match with Punk naturally eclipses ANYTHING he did with HHH, as would his matches with any of the top of the new breed food chain. But HHH IS THIS BUSINESS and thus him having a series of matches with a hot commodity like Brock eclipses the importance of the future of the company's t.v. product and making new stars :) Right James?

Bad News Gertner
02-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Lol remember when HHH hinted at retirement and cut that promo and literally nobody in the arena cared.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-01-2014, 11:41 AM
oh man he really showed what a master psychologist and maestro he was of the audience in that exact moment

Innovator
02-01-2014, 12:13 PM
He totally wanted the crowd to chant "you tapped out" during a retirement speech

Damian Rey
02-01-2014, 12:17 PM
What are you clowns on about? I distinctly remember H manipulating the crowd into chanting "YOU TAPPED OUT". Guys are haters!

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-01-2014, 12:19 PM
My personal fave is when Randy Orton was the hottest heel in the company, and then HHH proceeded to "attack him" "at his home" and then beat him clean at wrestlemania, completely robbing him of any momentum. Remember all of that steam Orton picked up after that? Oh because I don't either.

Damian Rey
02-01-2014, 12:46 PM
What about when he made Sheamus look so strong by beating him clean at Mania that Sheamus was too good and over to be on the card the following year?

Corporate CockSnogger
02-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Or how about that time he returned from injury in 2001 and got one of the biggest pops ever. What a shit rassler hahaha

CSL
02-01-2014, 01:02 PM
when he was legitimately the best all-round professional wrestler on earth in late 1999 through early 2001. That was really bad for business :(

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Was it not the beginning of '02? And yeah I remember, he went onto have one of the flattest wrestlemania main event feuds with Chris Jericho, which Jericho took years to recover from, because Hunter blamed him for it, even though it was just awful booking and all it was, was Hunter vs Steph. And when he one the championship at mania, you could hear a pin drop.

CSL
02-01-2014, 01:03 PM
that definitely had nothing to do at all with having to go on after maybe the loudest, most exhausting WrestleMania match ever for a crowd in Rock vs. Hogan

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-01-2014, 01:04 PM
when he was legitimately the best all-round professional wrestler on earth in late 1999 through early 2001. That was really bad for business :(

I would say beginning of 2000-mid 2001. That rumble match with Cactus was unfucking real. Also him and Rock had great chemistry. Can't forget the 3 stages of hell with Austin as well as him carrying Taker at Mania, because Taker was really hindered by injuries in those days.

He was never really the same after he came back from the quad injury, moments of greatness for sure, but just not that on fire monster he was in that BRIEF period.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-01-2014, 01:06 PM
that definitely had nothing to do at all with having to go on after maybe the loudest, most exhausting WrestleMania match ever for a crowd in Rock vs. Hogan

hahahahaha excuses excuses. The match blew, and the feud blew, or was Lucy the dog getting run over and under rated classic?

Heyman
02-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Was it not the beginning of '02? And yeah I remember, he went onto have one of the flattest wrestlemania main event feuds with Chris Jericho, which Jericho took years to recover from, because Hunter blamed him for it, even though it was just awful booking and all it was, was Hunter vs Steph. And when he one the championship at mania, you could hear a pin drop.

I would argue that this was more the WWE's fault rather than Triple H's. This was TERRIBLE booking on the WWE's part.

The main-event of Wrestlemania that year should have been Triple H vs. Austin.....with Triple H going over. Either that, or you could have just had Rock/Hogan as your main-event, and make it a title match.

The WWE completely fucked over Jericho during his World title run. Even though he defeated Austin and Rocky on the same night, it was made to look like a complete fluke. All throughout Jericho's run, Jericho was made to look wildly inferior to his opponents while continuously getting "fluke" victories.

Jericho's lack of established credibility as a World Champ, thanks to woefully bad booking of his character, helped lead to a lackluster main-event. The WWE also changed Triple H's character way too much (as they have a tendency to do when they attempt to turn a successful heel into a successful face) and so Triple H's pops had been on decline since his January return.

Jericho never had his "Triple H over Foley" moment.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have kept Austin as a heel champ until Mania.

CSL
02-01-2014, 01:08 PM
they could have brought out the ghosts of Andre the Giant and Owen Hart with 70,000 briefcases filled with cash for all attendees after that Hogan/Rock match and the crowd would have still been like "woooo"

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-01-2014, 01:12 PM
that is a load of horse shit.

Heyman
02-01-2014, 01:17 PM
My personal fave is when Randy Orton was the hottest heel in the company, and then HHH proceeded to "attack him" "at his home" and then beat him clean at wrestlemania, completely robbing him of any momentum. Remember all of that steam Orton picked up after that? Oh because I don't either.

Completely agree on this one.

Ironically enough, as much as people label Orton as "Triple H's boy", Triple H pretty much destroyed Orton's momentum BIG TIME on two separate occasions.

The first one was shortly after Summerslam in 2004. Although Orton was getting huge face pops, the WWE made the mistake of 'busting their nut' and turning him face way too soon.

If the WWE had Orton become the new heel leader of Evolution, with Hunter turning face, then Orton would've been way better off for it in the long run.

In fact - if HHH and Orton had completely switched spots/roles during that time (i.e. heel Orton having a run as champ, and then jobbing to Batista at Mania' in 2005), then Orton would have been a much bigger star than he ended up being.

The SECOND time Orton got fucked over by HHH, was when he lost clean to HHH at Wrestlemania that one year (2009?). Orton should have gone over as he was at the absolute peak of his heel-dom with Legacy.

Orton should have been booked to kick Stephanie in the head that one-time as well.

CSL
02-01-2014, 01:17 PM
well yeah, bringing out ghosts at a wrestling show is a ridiculous comparison. But Hogan/Rock would still have outpopped them

CSL
02-01-2014, 01:18 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www/release/sites/default/files/imagecache/textarticle_640/2012/10/09/hulk.jpg

"the dead guys going over? That doesn't work for me brother"

Heyman
02-01-2014, 01:20 PM
they could have brought out the ghosts of Andre the Giant and Owen Hart with 70,000 briefcases filled with cash for all attendees after that Hogan/Rock match and the crowd would have still been like "woooo"

Definitely a possibility, but I also think Austin was too big a star at the time for the crowd to go completely dead.

Had the WWE kept Austin's heel character from his Alliance days after Survivor Series 2001 leading to Mania, I think we would have seen a very interested Austin-HHH Wrestlemania main-event.

WWE fucked over Austin's character after Survivor Series 2001 as well. Just shockingly terrible booking on their part.

Fignuts
02-01-2014, 01:22 PM
that is a load of horse shit.

No it's not.

I was there. If anything CSL is underscoring it. Completely indescribable. There were people crying around me.

I've gone back and watched the Triple H vs Jericho match, and it's a pretty good match. Just, nobody had any energy left to care after Rock/Hogan.

Heyman
02-01-2014, 01:22 PM
well yeah, bringing out ghosts at a wrestling show is a ridiculous comparison. But Hogan/Rock would still have outpopped them

Agreed, but it's not like Triple H/Austin would have been pin-drop silence like Triple H/Jericho was.

HHH-Austin would have had tons of excitement as well.

Fignuts
02-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Definitely a possibility, but I also think Austin was too big a star at the time for the crowd to go completely dead.

Had the WWE kept Austin's heel character from his Alliance days after Survivor Series 2001 leading to Mania, I think we would have seen a very interested Austin-HHH Wrestlemania main-event.

WWE fucked over Austin's character after Survivor Series 2001 as well. Just shockingly terrible booking on their part.

Problem with that is no one wanted to boo Austin. After all the heel shit Austin pulled, the Raw after Survivor Series, he came out to confront McMahon and Angle, and the place popped huge for him. He didn't even have to do anything and he was already a huge face again, because no one bought him as a heel in the first place.

Heyman
02-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Problem with that is no one wanted to boo Austin. After all the heel shit Austin pulled, the Raw after Survivor Series, he came out to confront McMahon and Angle, and the place popped huge for him. He didn't even have to do anything and he was already a huge face again, because no one bought him as a heel in the first place.

They could have done a double-turn at Mania then.

Besides - it's not like fans haven't cheered 'cool heels' before (i.e. Rocky during the Corporation days).

Austin was still popular during his heel days, but fans gave appropriate reactions. Angle got a huge pop when he made Austin tap at No Mercy 2001. The Rock, Jericho, Benoit, Undertaker, RVD, and Tazz, all good tremendous pops whenever they had their matches and/or confrontations with Austin.

I disagree with the statement that 'no one bought Austin as a heel in the first place.' Austin wasn't hated, but fans were giving massive support towards all/most opponents that Austin faced that year.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-01-2014, 01:39 PM
No it's not.

I was there. If anything CSL is underscoring it. Completely indescribable. There were people crying around me.

I've gone back and watched the Triple H vs Jericho match, and it's a pretty good match. Just, nobody had any energy left to care after Rock/Hogan.

It wasn't a bad match, I watched the ppv. But it was paint by the numbers and predictable.

CSL
02-01-2014, 01:45 PM
there are times when wrestling is going to be predictable, everybody knew Hogan was gonna beat Andre, HBK was gonna beat Bret, Austin was gonna beat HBK, Austin was gonna beat Rock, Batista was gonna beat Triple H, Taker was gonna beat anybody at Mania etc etc. It's not always a bad thing. Had Triple H/Jericho gone on before Hogan/Rock, it would have been a perfectly acceptable Mania title match. They just shit out in terms of the order of the show, that Mania mantra of "the belt must go on last". Which is an understandable line of thinking. But they learned their lesson.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Aka not something you want out of your mania main event. People would have been into it if it was excellent, and it just wasn't. It was a flat match, to end a flat feud. And yes, hindered by the fact that it had to follow Rock and Hogan, but the true greats find a way to make it work, and Hunter just didn't. (Neither did Jericho either, but we're not talking about him right now).

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-01-2014, 01:48 PM
there are times when wrestling is going to be predictable, everybody knew Hogan was gonna beat Andre, HBK was gonna beat Bret, Austin was gonna beat HBK, Austin was gonna beat Rock, Batista was gonna beat Triple H, Taker was gonna beat anybody at Mania etc etc. It's not always a bad thing. Had Triple H/Jericho gone on before Hogan/Rock, it would have been a perfectly acceptable Mania title match. They just shit out in terms of the order of the show, that Mania mantra of "the belt must go on last". Which is an understandable line of thinking. But they learned their lesson.

There was no spectacle in Jericho vs HHH though. It was a flat match with barely any real build, and they spent most of the time making Jericho look like a total nincompoop. All those matches you brought up, there was an intangible which made them special, or larger than life. HHH vs. Jericho was just a match that happened to be for the title, where HHH's dog got run over.

CSL
02-01-2014, 01:55 PM
the build absolutely wasn't what it could have been but even with Jericho looking like a huge threat going in, there still wouldn't have been a doubt as to who was going over. If they went on before, the crowd would have booed when they were supposed to, cheered when they were supposed to, cheered for Pedigree and they both go back and hug and nobody blinks an eye. As it was it was like "we're getting something we've seen before after one of the greatest things ever".

As for "true greats find a way to make it work", nobody in the history of wrestling could have done anything with that crowd after Hogan/Rock. Maybe Austin at the peak of his popularity could have gotten a bit out of them but he's an exceptional circumstance rivaled only by one of the guys already in the previous match. Hogan vs. Rock is the most "unfollowable" match in the history of the business.

Savio
02-01-2014, 02:54 PM
I would argue that this was more the WWE's fault rather than Triple H's. This was TERRIBLE booking on the WWE's part.

The main-event of Wrestlemania that year should have been Triple H vs. Austin.....with Triple H going over. Either that, or you could have just had Rock/Hogan as your main-event, and make it a title match.

The WWE completely fucked over Jericho during his World title run. Even though he defeated Austin and Rocky on the same night, it was made to look like a complete fluke. All throughout Jericho's run, Jericho was made to look wildly inferior to his opponents while continuously getting "fluke" victories.

Jericho's lack of established credibility as a World Champ, thanks to woefully bad booking of his character, helped lead to a lackluster main-event. The WWE also changed Triple H's character way too much (as they have a tendency to do when they attempt to turn a successful heel into a successful face) and so Triple H's pops had been on decline since his January return.

Jericho never had his "Triple H over Foley" moment.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have kept Austin as a heel champ until Mania.
I went to WMX8 and I agree with this I hated thinking the main event was going to be Y2J vs HHH, although instead of Austin taking Y2Js spot I would have had Kurt take it.

Savio
02-01-2014, 02:57 PM
the build absolutely wasn't what it could have been but even with Jericho looking like a huge threat going in, there still wouldn't have been a doubt as to who was going over. If they went on before, the crowd would have booed when they were supposed to, cheered when they were supposed to, cheered for Pedigree and they both go back and hug and nobody blinks an eye. As it was it was like "we're getting something we've seen before after one of the greatest things ever".

As for "true greats find a way to make it work", nobody in the history of wrestling could have done anything with that crowd after Hogan/Rock. Maybe Austin at the peak of his popularity could have gotten a bit out of them but he's an exceptional circumstance rivaled only by one of the guys already in the previous match. Hogan vs. Rock is the most "unfollowable" match in the history of the business.Austin vs Nash would have been good but would have completely killed the nWo

Damian Rey
02-01-2014, 03:14 PM
I literally watched the Triple H/Jericho match last night, and honestly, out was pretty good match . Well paced, well worked. The crowd did pop for the finish, they were just gassed from blowing their lungs out for Hogan/Rock.

That's not either guys fault.

Bad News Gertner
02-01-2014, 03:51 PM
HHH inisisted on going out last.

Remember when Scott Steiner came to the WWE and was hot as shit, and then HHH buried him. Steiner hadn't wrestled in a while so HHH wanted to make him look bad by having a ridiculously long match and wouldn't take some of Steiners moves.

Remember when HHH fought Orton at Wrestlemania and Orton got in no offence? That was fun.

Remember how HHH had a 15 minute promo on Raw that went about 13 minutes too long? Oh wait, that's every week.

Remember that epic Booker T and HHH feud? Where were you that day when that match was signed? Timeless. I may have been in heaven.

Remember when HHH unmasked Kane and it was an amazing moment, and then went on to bury him in every match, as well as fuck Kane's gf's corpse.

Remember when HHH and HBK had one massive sword fight reunion and fought 2 on 5 handicap matches against 5 young talent in the Spirit Squad that resulted in 2 of them leaving wrestling all together after DX won every match and then shit on them by throwing them in a box with OVW stamped on it. Good times.

Bad News Gertner
02-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Leave the memories alone.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-01-2014, 03:53 PM
hahahahahahahaha

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-01-2014, 03:55 PM
The best part about HHH and Jericho is as far as I can remember, Jericho shouldered most of the blame, probably because he wasn't fucking the boss's daughter. JUST SAYIN

Innovator
02-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Remember that time Triple H pedigreed Booker T, bingewatched the Wire then crawled over to pin him?

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-01-2014, 05:02 PM
lmfao YES! YES! YES!

Bad News Gertner
02-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Remember that time Test was going to marry Stephanie and had a ton of momentum and HHH said "that pussy is mine" and Test went on greatest heights like T and A and Testicles.

Remember when HHH beat Sheamus in two straight matches, lost the third because Sheamus beat him up before the match, left for 10 months and came back only to pedigree Sheamus through an announce table and that was it because he just had to face the Undertaker. That was a great way to blow off a feud.

Bad News Gertner
02-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Lol I remember when that happened and HHH came back and I was like "oh wow, should be a good maatch with Sheamus and HHH", and yeah, that was it lol.

XL
02-01-2014, 05:27 PM
Is 13 years too long to dine out on that?

Bad News Gertner
02-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Late 99 to early 01 is basically 1 year lol.

Innovator
02-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Remember the time London and Kendrick came out to rescue Triple H, only to get pedigreed?

XL
02-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Didn't he use to come out and pedigree Ryder in dark segments back when Ryder was hot stuff.

Innovator
02-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Well in his defense, he was preparing him for what Cena was about to do to him on screen.

ron the dial
02-01-2014, 05:42 PM
this might be the best wrestling forum thread in years for so many reasons

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-01-2014, 06:18 PM
Remember the time London and Kendrick came out to rescue Triple H, only to get pedigreed?

Yeah and gave them 0 heat back. They didn't need to be in a main event feud with the guy but come on, give guys on your roster some credibility.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Is 13 years too long to dine out on that?

LOL I was thinking that

owenbrown
02-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Gertner is gold in this thread and I am slightly leaning toward his side and that is scary lol

Bad News Gertner
02-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Remember when HHH refused to work with Bubba Ray during his singles run? Probably thinking ahead as to how he can squash a mentally retarded wrestler who was starting to get over in the future.

But hey, he put over Kaientai! Probably as a "I forgive you" for bombing Pearl Habour.

Remember that time HHH created the World Heavyweight Title because the IC title wasn't shiny enough? You know what I miss. Alberto Del Rio feuding with Sheamus 5000 times to follow in HHH's legacy as World Champ.

Speaking of legacy, remember when DX fought Legacy in a cage match and put those two young upstart heels over early in their careers? OOPS MY MISTAKE!

Sting Fan
02-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Lackluster thread moving into HOF territory I reckon.

Innovator
02-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Remember when HHH refused to work with Bubba Ray during his singles run? Probably thinking ahead as to how he can squash a mentally retarded wrestler who was starting to get over in the future.

But hey, he put over Kaientai! Probably as a "I forgive you" for bombing Pearl Habour.

Remember that time HHH created the World Heavyweight Title because the IC title wasn't shiny enough? You know what I miss. Alberto Del Rio feuding with Sheamus 5000 times to follow in HHH's legacy as World Champ.

Speaking of legacy, remember when DX fought Legacy in a cage match and put those two young upstart heels over early in their careers? OOPS MY MISTAKE!

OH MY GOD IT'S THAT DAMN DX! Nothing says "cool hip anti-authority bad asses" like a t-shirt tucked into a pair of trunks.

Innovator
02-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Remember when Triple H and BROCK LESNAR wrestled in a stellar trilogy of well paced, thought out, tough brutal wars only to be out-shined by Punk vs. Lesnar?

Poit
02-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Who is Corey Graves?

One of the few guys in NXT the crowd doesn't care about.

owenbrown
02-01-2014, 08:06 PM
:lol: Gertner

Bad News Gertner
02-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Remember when Triple H and BROCK LESNAR wrestled in a stellar trilogy of well paced, thought out, tough brutal wars only to be out-shined by Punk vs. Lesnar?

Lol remember when Punk vs Lesnar got nominated for a Slammy and HHH vs Lesnar didn't?

OH WAIT! MY BAD!

Innovator
02-01-2014, 08:17 PM
"I love you pop"

Innovator
02-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Remember the time when it was DEGENERATION X, the reunited Hardy Boys, and some schmuck in the ring and Triple H was getting the crowd all riled up. Triple H started to do his DX routine and the crowd completely interrupted him in order to chant, "TRIPLE H! TRIPLE H! TRIPLE H!"

Yup, that's how it went.

Bad News Gertner
02-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Hahaha thread got stickied.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Remember that time HHH was actually responsible for creating an iconic torch baring star when it really all depended on him to give the guy a rub, in order to give back to the business? Oh wait...

Vastardikai
02-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Remember that time HHH buried Kurt Angle's feud with Cena because Kurt wasn't a "Good Enough Heel" because he constantly got cheered over Cena. Then had a match with Cena where the EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED?!?

Savio
02-01-2014, 11:01 PM
Remember from 02-04 Triple H didn't allow any other main event heel on Raw? (Except Kane after Shane murdered all of his momentum)

Damian Rey
02-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Ahh the memories

Bad News Gertner
02-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Remember when CM Punk cut that groundbreaking promo that rocked the wrestling world, and then HHH beat Punk at the next ppv and then tagged with Punk at Vengance and didn't take the fall AGAIN! All because the crowd was just dying to see a 52 year old Kevin Nash face HHH in a ladder match lol

Bad News Gertner
02-01-2014, 11:19 PM
The ladder played the role of Ric Flair and basically had the match with itself.

Shisen Kopf
02-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Eddie Guerrero died all those years ago to protest the direction of the WWE so punk needs to really step it up.

Black Widow
02-01-2014, 11:30 PM
I started writing a proper reply to that but realised who wrote it and gave up.
Or you realized that i'm right..

Bad News Gertner
02-01-2014, 11:31 PM
That was needed.

Innovator
02-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Way to derail the thread AJ lee

Damian Rey
02-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Anyone remember when Triple H "took over" for Vince, and by standing there and just looking like he was about to burst into tears, Vince got a better pop/reaction at hinted retirement than Triple H when he tried after his first Brock match????

Swiss Ultimate
02-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Hunter blamed him for it, even though it was just awful booking and all it was, was Hunter vs Steph. And when he one the championship at mania, you could hear a pin drop.

Is this (http://youtu.be/8uZ0ad0XXEM?t=24m1s)the match?

Shisen Kopf
02-01-2014, 11:50 PM
CM Punk is the Jesus Christ of rasslin.

Damian Rey
02-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Yep, that's the one. I will stand up for that match as a very, very good match that was a victim of going on last after Hogan/Rock blew the crowd up.

Tazz Dan
02-01-2014, 11:55 PM
Hahaha thread got stickied.

;)

Shisen Kopf
02-01-2014, 11:55 PM
I was at WM18. I rule!

Swiss Ultimate
02-02-2014, 12:04 AM
Maybe I just don't understand. The pop when Triple H finally beat Jericho wasn't bad to my ears.

Shisen Kopf
02-02-2014, 12:08 AM
They killed the crowd after Rock/Hogan. If I remember correctly they had a billy and chuck match then had some women's match right before the HHH/Jericho match. Killed the crowd and half the crowd wanted Jericho to win as they are from that country north of USA #1 and when he lost, it was like when a Canadian team makes it to a Stanley cup finals but loses as usual.

Damian Rey
02-02-2014, 12:16 AM
Triple H was getting a decent reaction, and the crowd popped for both Steph getting the pedigree, as well as Jericho. Crowd was just gassed. We've seen it happen before.

Bad News Gertner
02-02-2014, 12:38 AM
HHH wanted to go on last because his match was for the championship.

Shadrick
02-02-2014, 01:10 AM
HHH wanted to go on last because his match was for the championship.

What's interesting is, HHH has given two different accounts of wanting to go on last. On one DVD he said he fought to go on last because of the tradition, and on another he said he fought for Rock and Hogan to go on last because it was "so epic."

Cerebral Assassin.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-02-2014, 01:16 AM
Pathological liar. That's how you play the game.

Malfeitor
02-02-2014, 02:54 AM
Where's Steele? I'm sure he's foaming out the mouth right now.

whiteyford
02-02-2014, 03:15 AM
Or you realized that i'm right..

No I realised you're border line retarded and anything I said would go over your head but God loves a trier so stick in there short bus :y:

XL
02-02-2014, 05:48 AM
Remember summer 2000 when Kurt Angle was getting over huge in the love triangle angle with Steph/HHH and it all played out to a natural conclusion with Angle becoming the biggest baby face in the company?

What do you mean HHH shit-canned that as well!?

The Rogerer
02-02-2014, 06:04 AM
Remember summer 2000 when Kurt Angle was getting over huge in the love triangle angle with Steph/HHH and it all played out to a natural conclusion with Angle becoming the biggest baby face in the company?

What do you mean HHH shit-canned that as well!?Remember that time HHH did what he was supposed to! Barely, it was a long time ago.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-02-2014, 08:30 AM

Yeah I remember that brief one year period where HHH did really great things. Then I remember the next almost 15 years where while he was involved in very few awesome things (See; evolution as a whole was pretty cool), he pretty much fucked the dog for the most part.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-02-2014, 08:31 AM

Also, Angle turned face after his time with Austin.

The Rogerer
02-02-2014, 09:22 AM
And mostly thanks to 9/11. Triple H must have been furious about losing heat to the Taliban.

Rammsteinmad
02-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Remember when Shelton Benjamin pinned Triple H "clean" on Raw all those years ago?

What happened to that guy?

Rammsteinmad
02-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Remember when the much-hyped and anticipated "New Heyman Guy" had to bump to a slap?

Damian Rey
02-02-2014, 10:48 AM
Remember when Triple H could have given a huge rub to the new Heyman guy by taking some actual punishment to push his "concussion" angle, only to dominate the match and get "light headed" from from beating up the new guy? That really helped cement Axel. He's literally on the cusp of main eventing from that first match.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Really gave him that legit rub. But also, he did so while protecting himself... because it's so essential to his character development, you know... wrestling part time in his mid 40s. He can't possibly look TOO weak.

Bad News Gertner
02-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Remember when HHH made Jericho, Christian and Edge cut their long hair because he wanted to be the only one with long blond hair.

That's propelled HHH into Hall of Fame territory.

Bad News Gertner
02-02-2014, 11:52 AM
Remember when Rob Van Dam was the hot shit after the whole Invasion thing died down and HHH was all like "you might get high on weed, but you'll never get high on the card", and beat his ass at Vengance and that was pretty much it for RVD's main event push for 3-4 years.

Making new stars by the day.

Bad News Gertner
02-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Lol that Sheamus thing is still by far the most ridiculous. You have a guy who put you out for almost a year, and then when you come back all we got was a HHH pedigree through a table and that's it! No match, no anything. Just "take my finisher and look like a bitch because I want to feud with Taker instead"

Hanso Amore
02-02-2014, 12:18 PM
I still love the punk shit you guys hit on.

Hottest face in the company. Promo got the wwe on the mainstream map and the he beat the face of your company clean. Takes the title and leaves. Gets screwed over for the title....rematch? No...

Losies clean to an executive....

Damian Rey
02-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Sheamus should have just gone over clean at Mania. Triple H did not need that win.

Innovator
02-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Lol that Sheamus thing is still by far the most ridiculous. You have a guy who put you out for almost a year, and then when you come back all we got was a HHH pedigree through a table and that's it! No match, no anything. Just "take my finisher and look like a bitch because I want to feud with Taker instead"

Not only that, but 5 minutes before putting Sheamus through the table, he said that he looked around the locker room and no one could give him a fight besides for Undertaker.

Innovator
02-02-2014, 01:11 PM
You know, the guys who are supposed to draw the houses on the road for your company.

Savio
02-02-2014, 01:22 PM
I was at WM18. I rule!
This is where I met Shisen and Puppy Power was formed.

DaveWadding
02-02-2014, 01:36 PM
I went to pee and get a beer during the HHH/Sheamus match at WM26.

Swiss Ultimate
02-02-2014, 03:31 PM
So how would any of you fix this at this point? Noid? Gertner? Let's say you have 2 years left to have Triple H put over the next generation in a way that matters. What do you do? Something similar to the Mick Foley route?

If the following happened over the next two years would anyone forgive him these many years of supposed political betrayals?

1.Have Triple H lose cleanly to Bryan at Wrestlemania and then Bryan win the title the same night.

2.Then on Monday have Bryan make him tap in a match for the Title.

3.Have him come back at Summerslam for a street-fight with Sheamus and put him over cleanly.

4.Lose to Ziggler at Rumble in a 2/3 match.

5.Have him commentate Wrestlemania. Starting a feud with The Miz which leads to a match on Monday where The Miz beats him dirty, but strong.

6.He comes back at Hell in a Cell and loses to Wyatt.

7.He has a full-on retirement match at Wrestlemania and puts over Reigns.

Forgiveness? Hate? What?

Damian Rey
02-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Not only that, but 5 minutes before putting Sheamus through the table, he said that he looked around the locker room and no one could give him a fight besides for Undertaker.

Wasn't A+ plus player Randy Orton in the back, riding hot off the WrestleMania 25 rub he got from Triple H just two years prior?

Vastardikai
02-02-2014, 03:47 PM
So how would any of you fix this at this point? Noid? Gertner? Let's say you have 2 years left to have Triple H put over the next generation in a way that matters. What do you do? Something similar to the Mick Foley route?

If the following happened over the next two years would anyone forgive him these many years of supposed political betrayals?

1.Have Triple H lose cleanly to Bryan at Wrestlemania and then Bryan win the title the same night.

2.Then on Monday have Bryan make him tap in a match for the Title.

3.Have him come back at Summerslam for a street-fight with Sheamus and put him over cleanly.

4.Lose to Ziggler at Rumble in a 2/3 match.

5.Have him commentate Wrestlemania. Starting a feud with The Miz which leads to a match on Monday where The Miz beats him dirty, but strong.

6.He comes back at Hell in a Cell and loses to Wyatt.

7.He has a full-on retirement match at Wrestlemania and puts over Reigns.

Forgiveness? Hate? What?

You forgot that he has to put over an up and coming start that will be the future of this business:

Eliza Ramen.

Swiss Ultimate
02-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Isn't Bryan the Present and the Future? I know you're just kidding around, but I think that qualifies. That is one of the worst names I've seen yet.

XL
02-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Remember that time HHH did what he was supposed to! Barely, it was a long time ago.

Yeah I remember that brief one year period where HHH did really great things. Then I remember the next almost 15 years where while he was involved in very few awesome things (See; evolution as a whole was pretty cool), he pretty much fucked the dog for the most part.

Also, Angle turned face after his time with Austin.

Oh, man. I must have fucked up. I was trying to do what everybody we was doing by posting about HHH needlessly canning/burying something just as it got hot but it seems that you think I was defending HHH.

I was not defending HHH.

Swiss Ultimate
02-02-2014, 05:56 PM
It was mildly confusing.

XL
02-02-2014, 06:12 PM
I was saying how HHH canned the angle just as it got hot/Angle was getting over with it/the crowd were getting into the idea of Angle/Steph.

CSL
02-02-2014, 08:21 PM
youuuu rapscallions

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Remember how CM Punk decided he didn't see HHH as an ideal opportunity for him to be in an actual Wrestlemania main event and then he decided to quit the company when Batista won the royal rumble? And then HHH was super sad about it, and whined to his father in law and argued with him claiming Punk to be "unprofessional", while his father in law had to tell him that this issue was now beyond him, because Vince in fact has a special relationship with CM Punk, and HHH is jealous :).

Corndad
02-03-2014, 08:49 AM
Funny note. WWE took Punk's DVD off of Netflix and replaced with it HHH's LOL

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-03-2014, 09:00 AM
Funny note. WWE took Punk's DVD off of Netflix and replaced with it HHH's LOL

LOL Hunter busting into the office at 3:30 in the morning, having not slept, making the change LOL

Volare
02-03-2014, 11:16 AM
"It's all a work for McMahon to come back with Punk with him to make his own faction to go against The Authority...." as said by a random guy at my store.

Innovator
02-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Punk is still slated to be on @midnight in a week or so, curious as to if he mentions anything.

NormanSmiley
02-03-2014, 12:45 PM
to piggy back off the HHH stuff..

on the main page they are claiming now rewrites for mania are being considered because of everything and all matches are said to be up in the air (who knows)

but all the scenarios being tossed around in all of them they are searching for a spot for HHH to be on the card... is this needed? if HHH isn't in a match where somebody is taking on the authority angle does he have a place on the card from a storyline POV?

and seeing as how there is nobody for him to give the rub to why are they endlessly searching for a spot for him? does HHH on the card still drive up buyrates?

Ruien
02-03-2014, 01:12 PM
The Authority is such a huge part of the WWE it needs to end with HHH going down. Not to say that has to happen at Mania but I could see them wanting it to end there.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-03-2014, 01:14 PM
then HHH can have a gauntlet match against the whole roster and beat them all up so he has credibility going into mania.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-03-2014, 01:16 PM
booking 101

Swiss Ultimate
02-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Remember how CM Punk decided he didn't see HHH as an ideal opportunity for him to be in an actual Wrestlemania main event and then he decided to quit the company when Batista won the royal rumble? And then HHH was super sad about it, and whined to his father in law and argued with him claiming Punk to be "unprofessional", while his father in law had to tell him that this issue was now beyond him, because Vince in fact has a special relationship with CM Punk, and HHH is jealous :).

How much of these rely on people like Ryan Clark to confirm I wonder.

Do we really know CM Punk left the company at this point and that Triple H is angry/sad or whatever? It's in the realm of possibility and all, but I dunno.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-03-2014, 01:56 PM
How much of these rely on people like Ryan Clark to confirm I wonder.

Do we really know CM Punk left the company at this point and that Triple H is angry/sad or whatever? It's in the realm of possibility and all, but I dunno.

Honestly, do I really care? I trust Meltzer enough (which is where Clark steals his news from) and it's all very funny. I'm having a laugh in this thread, the story could be completely different from this, but the fact that this is what leaked is fucking amazing fodder, and heaven forbid we had a little fun in the wrestling forum. I don't think anyone here would be surprised if the reports were inaccurate, but on the same end, this is the wrestling business and it's all about speculation and drama and our entertainment a lot of the time is what goes on behind the scenes.

I don't get angry when they make bad booking decisions because most of the time I don't watch. I'm not invested in the product, but making fun of HHH is good times because he's a bit of a douche knocker and I find him boring.

The Rogerer
02-03-2014, 02:14 PM
If you're a Triple H fan, at what point do you have to give in? It's like the people who believed Elvis was still alive, there comes a point where you can't keep going.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-03-2014, 02:24 PM
James Steele will fight to the end.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-03-2014, 02:25 PM
HHH could be found out to be a kiddy molester and Steele would concoct a way in which HHH was unselfish and put the kids over and gave them a main event rub (pun fully intended)

el bobbo
02-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Punk is still slated to be on @midnight in a week or so, curious as to if he mentions anything.

#WrestlersWhoQuit

Nark Order
02-04-2014, 01:07 AM
Punk fans allegedly kicked out of the arena on RAW for chanting for him. Hope that isn't true. I doubt they would go to such extremes. Sounds like bollocks.

Bad News Gertner
02-04-2014, 01:08 AM
Sounds like faggots

#1-norm-fan
02-04-2014, 01:50 AM
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/450653-fans-ejected-for-cm-punk-chants

Alright, if people can get refunds because they didn't like the follow up to a PPV, surely getting kicked out of a show for chanting a dude's name warrants a refund, right?

Bad News Gertner
02-04-2014, 01:51 AM
Honestly, they should be kicked in the balls after they are kicked out of the arena. Queers.

Nark Order
02-04-2014, 02:00 AM
Looking for and more like it isn't true. Tons of people reporting that they saw nothing like this happen. Seemed a bit too fuckheadish.

Anybody Thrilla
02-04-2014, 02:03 AM
How could you even really pinpoint where a chant starts?

Bad News Gertner
02-04-2014, 02:11 AM
First person to slow clap

#1-norm-fan
02-04-2014, 03:22 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/GTSCMPUNK434">@GTSCMPUNK434</a> they told us we were purposely disrupting a live television filming</p>&mdash; Paul Cernbolis (@JerryThebigsa) <a href="https://twitter.com/JerryThebigsa/statuses/430576425431605248">February 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lol if they really told him that.

Bad News Gertner
02-04-2014, 03:27 AM
Lol he looks like a CM Punk fan

Droford
02-04-2014, 03:31 AM
WWE press release coming soon..

WWE regrets to inform its Chicago fans that the RAW show has been canceled and moved to Ralph Englestad Arena in Grand Forks North Dakota

JimmyMess
02-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Yeah no one got kicked out for chanting