PDA

View Full Version : Has Vince McMahon ever publicly fired anyone other than Jeff Jarrett?

GD
02-07-2014, 10:01 PM
Mildly curious. Will give you a green point for your response. Cheers.

NormanSmiley
02-07-2014, 10:16 PM
publicly as in a storyline on the show? that list is quite extensive.

Jarrett's "firing " was 90% storyline in that all they did was not put up the contract he had with time-warner. like with the majority of the wcw roster

My Final Heaven
02-07-2014, 10:22 PM
On July 10, 1991, The Ultimate Warrior sent a letter to Vince McMahon requesting what was to be included in Warrior's new WWF contract. Warrior requested $550,000 for performing at WrestleMania VII as well as a guaranteed number of working days, travel accommodations, and a higher percentage of merchandise sales.

The WWF responded on July 13, 1991 and stated that he would be paid $550,000 for WrestleMania VII, he would receive a higher royalty rate and no other WWF performer would be paid more than him on WWF pay per views. Vince McMahon personally ended the letter by saying, "I would like to express my deepest appreciation and admiration for you as a performer, as a member of the WWF family, as a man, and as my friend."

Following WWF's annual SummerSlam event, Warrior was handed a letter dated August 26, 1991 from Vince McMahon stating that Warrior would be suspended effective immediately.

DAMN iNATOR
02-08-2014, 03:23 PM
^ Not sure that really counts, though...for one thing, you’ve got Vince who tried to suspend him, only to have Warrior refuse the suspension, and handed in a letter of resignation, which Vince refused because Warrior was still under contract until Sept. ’92.

Not only that but Vince actually asked Warrior to come back at least through the end of his contract, and Warrior showed up at WrestleMania VIII (watch the vid below if you don’t remember that or believe me...) and hung around for give or take 7 months or so...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fN-rUaGR_u0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

parkmania
02-08-2014, 11:49 PM
You sure that wasn't Kerry Von Erich???

The Rogerer
02-09-2014, 06:14 AM
I remember looking in a WWF magazine at the time and I think even it mentioned his weight loss on his return

McLegend
02-09-2014, 02:27 PM
Marty Jannetty was pretty close to public.

Bad News Gertner
02-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Dr.D David Schultz.

Phillip Brooks
02-11-2014, 10:46 AM
He hired then fired the enter audience on a Raw, when
He was on a power trip.

MoFo
02-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Warrior was "fired" on TV by Gorilla Monsoon, he was playing the 'President' role in '96 not Vince

I clearly remember them having one of those news bulletin type things and he outlined the reasons why, I think it was that Warrior had missed a bunch of house shows. Vince later said on the Warrior DVD that he'd gave the excuse that his dad died, even though he was estranged from his dad so they fired him.

MoFo
02-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Pretty sure they acknowledged Eddie Guerrero's release in 2002 but dunno if it was Vince or Flair during the draft phase

Shisen Kopf
02-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Monsoon also kicked Bobby Heenan out of the wwf. Literally threw him and his belongings out of the arena

Blonde Moment
02-12-2014, 04:26 AM
Monsoon also kicked Bobby Heenan out of the wwf. Literally threw him and his belongings out of the arena

I loved that, thought it was funny as hell.