PDA

View Full Version : who was booked the best?

NormanSmiley
02-19-2014, 08:05 PM
if you take someone who has had a legit run in one of the big companies who are the guy(s) you would say were booked well enough that you could find little to bitch about.

aside from Tatanka of course to get Shisen's load out of the way

Anybody Thrilla
02-19-2014, 08:08 PM
Kurt Angle in WWE was handled very well for his entire run, I would say.

NormanSmiley
02-19-2014, 08:10 PM
good call thrilla. can't think of much flawed with Angle from debut to finish. hope he gets one last run with the E

Bad News Gertner
02-19-2014, 09:41 PM
Hogan's WWF run.

Shisen Kopf
02-19-2014, 10:22 PM
You know who I gonna say but also Mr Perfect's initial run.

#1-norm-fan
02-19-2014, 10:35 PM
Hogan's WWF run.

By far.

Anybody Thrilla
02-19-2014, 10:55 PM
Hogan was actually the first person I thought of, but I didn't want to talk about him.

Bad News Gertner
02-19-2014, 11:00 PM
It was perfect. The WWF was very heel heavy between 85 and 87 and you could constantly freshen things up. You had Orndorff, Orton, Piper, Schultz, Andre, Kamala, Bundy, all had runs with Hogan and all drew. People bitch that Piper should have gotten a run. When? Hogan was just taking the WWF to a new level between 85-86 and then had a legendary run with Andre in 87. After Wrestlemania 3 Piper left to do movies. So that argument is retarded. After 3, Savage rose up and had a run, then Hogan and then Warrior. Pretty difficult to fit Piper in there. It was simple and booked perfectly.

Bad News Gertner
02-19-2014, 11:03 PM
Goldberg's run to the title was amazing. Slow and steady. Didn't speak, weekly destroyed heels, didn't rush to put the World Title on him and got over huge just destroying bad guys.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, there seems to be a guy a couple years ago who was doing the same with the same results and even that got fucked up. Hmmmmmmm.

voncouch
02-21-2014, 09:35 AM
In recent memory, I gotta say The Shield. They have been dominant without being overbearing. All three can work in three different styles which compliments the other two. Tag champs, US champs. And currently in the most interesting feud of the moment. My only critique is that I wish they wouldn't rush the Wyatt Family inevitability and give it a chance to build to Wrestlemania.

Anybody Thrilla
02-21-2014, 10:03 AM
True. They definitely could have held off on the Wyatts, especially considering their interference that instigated the whole feud was never even explained.

Heyman
02-21-2014, 11:10 AM
Kurt Angle in WWE was handled very well for his entire run, I would say.

I'll actually have to disagree on this.

While the WWE did a decent job with Angle during his run, they could have and should have done better.

Kurt Angle was the PERFECT tweener but the WWE kept trying to push him as a babyface. The alteration in his character as a babyface kept progressively making Angle's reactions from the crowd get less.

By contrast, Angle always got his loudest crowd reactions when he acted like a heel (I label Angle as 'tweener' since Angle would get very solid face-like reactions during his entrance and during his matches).

Angle pre-Wrestlemania 19 was the absolute perfect way to book Angle.

Heyman
02-21-2014, 11:14 AM
I agree with every single response in this thread except Kurt Angle.

I will also state that Undertaker has been booked almost perfectly throughout this career. Why? Because - whether the guy was heel or whether he was face, his character stayed almost exactly the same.

Austin in 1997/98' and The Rock in 1998/1999 was also perfect booking. Why? Because - despite their face turns, there was very little alteration in their characters........and as result, both Austin and Rocky were still badass and got cheered.

By contrast - the absolute WORST booked champ was Randy Orton post Summerslam 2004. They completely changed and altered his character and his face pops/steam died down quite significantly in the months following.

Anybody Thrilla
02-21-2014, 11:22 AM
Kurt Angle always seemed credible as fuck. That's how I took it.

Bad News Gertner
02-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Lesnar's debut and run was fantastic. He was a monster who could wrestle every style. Won the KOTR, mowed through everybody, had a sense that he was nuts with his evil smile and didn't speak, just destroyed everybody and then took out Ther Rock in devastating fashion. He just looked like a bad ass and was/is.

Anybody Thrilla
02-21-2014, 02:18 PM
Yeah, Lesnar got rocketed, but it didn't feel unnatural at all.

Heisenberg
02-21-2014, 02:30 PM
Ew!

Pretty much anyone besides Tatanka, umm.....

Edge.

The guy earned his due, had a different look and once you got to know his backstory, you felt, at least I did, good for having him slowly grab a spot at the top.

Fox
02-21-2014, 09:42 PM
I'd say Mankind.

There wasn't really a point in his career when I think they "dropped the ball" with Mankind. Everything they did with him was pretty much the right time and place for that particular point in his career, from his beginning feud against the Undertaker, through the Attitude Era where he played the "underdog main eventer" role to perfection, to his "so close but so far" final run and then his few return matches against Evolution, Orton and Edge.

#1-norm-fan
02-21-2014, 10:05 PM
Orton vs Foley at Backlash '04 might be the best hardcore match in WWE history.

Shisen Kopf
02-21-2014, 10:29 PM
Really liked how the IWF booked Yukon Braxton in 2001. RIP.
http://genickbruch.com/pics/bio_gross/101265043421.jpg

NormanSmiley
02-22-2014, 02:47 AM
I'd say Mankind.

There wasn't really a point in his career when I think they "dropped the ball" with Mankind. Everything they did with him was pretty much the right time and place for that particular point in his career, from his beginning feud against the Undertaker, through the Attitude Era where he played the "underdog main eventer" role to perfection, to his "so close but so far" final run and then his few return matches against Evolution, Orton and Edge.

the dude love shit was a major mistep