PDA

View Full Version : Now Is A Great Time To Get Into TNA

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
02-21-2014, 02:26 PM
They've really pulled out all the stops during this UK tour, and rightly so considering it provides their most responsive crowds. Overall the last few weeks have been solidly entertaining, and with a suitably "big time" feel due to the crowds.

I'm not going to spoil exactly what has happened on the shows, because I would encourage you to check them out for yourselves.

And just for good measure, here's a pre-emptive LOLTNA.

Heisenberg
02-21-2014, 02:33 PM
Rockstar Sperm is a fucking terrible worker/manager.

I'd prefer Eric Young or Daniels as Curry Man to be in that role

MVP is good on the mic

When you look past Spud and the other shit, the wrestling portion is great. Not A.J. Styles great, but you can tell the wrestlers have more of a say in their dance when they go at it

EC3 has a future that's bright

If they can't hold on to big name contracts, it should be a no brainer to market that into their overall brand of saying that the young guns are the future. We won't let you rot in developmental, come here and let us make you Universal Studios famous

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
02-21-2014, 02:34 PM
I'll have to disagree with you, my friend. Rockstar Spud is one of my favourite current on-air personalities.

Heisenberg
02-21-2014, 02:42 PM
I can't watch his segments, his look and existence is not tolerated

I do agree that TNA can be watchable at times, but whoever is running the train is going down paths that have been traveled before

Heisenberg
02-21-2014, 02:48 PM
I'm not hating on him to be difficult, I'm a TNA fan, and as hard as that is to be, it doesn't mean I agree with all their piss

CSL
02-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Heisenberg I will ruin your shit

CSL
02-21-2014, 03:01 PM
I was excellent at Battlefield: Bad Company 2, serious destruction

Heisenberg
02-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Just got done listening to some theme music from WWF Forceable Entry

Guess I'm angry cause I'm so close to getting off work

VSG
02-21-2014, 03:20 PM
I really have no idea what's going on in TNA other than MVP is there now as is Derick Bateman, and Jeff Hardy is back as the retarded sibling of Black Reign.

Hanso Amore
02-21-2014, 03:43 PM
Oh shit, Abyss came back? When was this? Maybe ill have to catch up. No more Joe Park?

Hanso Amore
02-21-2014, 03:46 PM
I wish their roster page was updated so I could know whats what

Heisenberg
02-21-2014, 03:50 PM
I will not apologize for Rockstar Spud, he can Rockstar Fuck Off for all I care

Bad News Gertner
02-21-2014, 03:52 PM
It's never a good time

Lock Jaw
02-21-2014, 04:37 PM
I have been watching TNA consistently for the past two months or so... living in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do will do that.

Anyways, Magnus' title run has been pretty abysmal with the overbooking and five-thousand run-in title defenses. I am hoping that MVP's character allows them to tone that down some. They still need to really tone down the Dixie Carter stuff. Don't want to see her 10 times a show. Bully Ray and Mr. Anderson have a huge main event coffin match.... but that doesn't end the show, no, we have to see what drama Dixie Carter is up to for the close.

Haven't watched this week's ep yet... but from last week what impressed me the most was Abyss. Really interested in that storyline. Hope he brings back Father James Mitchell...... or Dr. Stevie (w/Daffney).

XL
02-21-2014, 04:51 PM
Spud is brilliant.

Anybody Thrilla
02-21-2014, 05:08 PM
If you don't like Rockstar Spud, then fuck you. Had to get that out of my system. Going back to read the rest of the thread, and I'll be with you in a moment...

Anybody Thrilla
02-21-2014, 05:10 PM
My biggest complaint is also the ten thousand man run-in every main event, but the undercard and the promo work by some has been awesome.

Heisenberg
02-21-2014, 07:05 PM
If you don't like Rockstar Spud, then fuck you. Had to get that out of my system. Going back to read the rest of the thread, and I'll be with you in a moment...

He's not entertaining one bit, I don't know what all the fuss is about him. Please explain why he should be there or continue to gargle his cock.

Mr. Nerfect
02-21-2014, 07:07 PM
Almost want to check out TNA. Almost. Magnus' World Title run and the Dixie Carter stuff sounds pretty terrible though.

CSL
02-21-2014, 07:07 PM
he plays the chicken shit little annoying heel that people want to see get killed almost perfectly, he does all of the "little things" and he's entertaining as balls whilst doing it. Can't speak highly enough of him, I've said a million times that if he was a foot taller, he'd have been signed by WWE 5-6 years ago, if not longer

CSL
02-21-2014, 07:09 PM
seriously, the funniest thing I've seen in wrestling in the last year is him sprinting around the ring to cut off Earl Hebner (who was running in to count after the ref bump) Superman diving at him and completely missing

Heisenberg
02-21-2014, 07:12 PM
I know he's supposed to play that part, but he is so terrible at it I turn the show off. I don't even know what his backstory is.

Heisenberg
02-21-2014, 07:14 PM
If we could move on from the guy, I am kind of digging the emergence of Gunner , holy hell he gets better every time I see him

owenbrown
02-21-2014, 07:14 PM
it's more like WTFTNA than LOLTNA

Lock Jaw
02-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Just heard AJ Style's theme used in a TV commercial for some series

Anybody Thrilla
02-21-2014, 07:22 PM
Just heard AJ Style's theme used in a TV commercial for some series

They also used it in The Real World of you're talking about that "No One" theme.

Anybody Thrilla
02-21-2014, 07:22 PM
I'd rather watch a Rockstar Spud segment than a Gunner segment.

Heisenberg
02-21-2014, 07:26 PM
You're high man haha

Lock Jaw
02-21-2014, 07:29 PM
They also used it in The Real World of you're talking about that "No One" theme.

Yeah, that one.

KIRA
02-21-2014, 10:35 PM
he plays the chicken shit little annoying heel that people want to see get killed almost perfectly, he does all of the "little things" and he's entertaining as balls whilst doing it. Can't speak highly enough of him, I've said a million times that if he was a foot taller, he'd have been signed by WWE 5-6 years ago, if not longer

I'll admit his interactions with EC3 were/are funny

Poit
02-21-2014, 11:39 PM
Rockstar Spud is amazing.

Swiss Ultimate
02-21-2014, 11:41 PM
I hear CM Punk is heading there soon anyway.

Heisenberg
02-21-2014, 11:41 PM
Sorry for yelling earlier, I was in a bad place

Innovator
02-21-2014, 11:46 PM
"You literally threw me to the wolves"

That one line was the best thing in TNA since Joe vs. Angle

Tazz Dan
02-21-2014, 11:49 PM
Off topic, but I just took a shit Heisenberg would be proud of.

Tazz Dan
02-21-2014, 11:50 PM
As you were.

Heisenberg
02-21-2014, 11:54 PM
Off topic, but I just took a shit Heisenberg would be proud of.

Spilchuk would be proud as well

Purgatory
02-22-2014, 12:20 AM
They screwed Gunner wonderfully in that title match, tho. I knew that if anyone was gonna turn, it would be James Storm.

Heisenberg
02-22-2014, 12:23 AM
Sorry I ruined your TNA Black Panther Party

slik
02-22-2014, 01:12 AM
There is never a good time to get into TNA.

I love that Hogan's last on-air appearance in TNA was the companies president down on her knees begging him not to go...and then he signs with WWE. That kind of says everything about how the company is run and booked. Vince would never, ever let an angle like that happen if he knew the person was leaving to go to another company.

Good ol Dixie BushLeagues though, so typical.

Bobholly138
02-22-2014, 02:05 AM
My neighbor keeps telling me that TNA has improved. But I just don't have the passion to watch it anymore.

Innovator
02-22-2014, 08:14 AM
I can go a while before TNA teases another retirement from anyone above the midcard. Enough. Stop. Now.

Innovator
02-22-2014, 08:15 AM
But that said, this more silent and serious Anderson is the best incarnation of his character ever. He's believable for once.

Afterlife
02-22-2014, 08:31 AM
There is never a good time to get into TNA.

I love that Hogan's last on-air appearance in TNA was the companies president down on her knees begging him not to go...and then he signs with WWE. That kind of says everything about how the company is run and booked. Vince would never, ever let an angle like that happen if he knew the person was leaving to go to another company.

Good ol Dixie BushLeagues though, so typical.

Yeah, it was odd how she begged him to stay and then the next day he signed with a different company. Maybe if he waited a couple months, it would have been effectively about Dixie becoming a self-righteous primadonna who falls apart when she doesn't get her way.

I can go a while before TNA teases another retirement from anyone above the midcard. Enough. Stop. Now.

It's only been two, right? And one was because of injury/surgery?

#1-norm-fan
02-22-2014, 09:50 AM
I watched last week having never seen Rockstar Spud (other than some random match I saw a few months ago maybe) and I have to say the guy had me laughing. Just watching his mannerisms in the background while MVP and Dixie were talking was hilarious. I'm a fan.

The stuff with Abyss and Eric Young seems pretty interesting too.

whiteyford
02-22-2014, 09:56 AM
Yeah, it was odd how she begged him to stay and then the next day he signed with a different company. Maybe if he waited a couple months, it would have been effectively about Dixie becoming a self-righteous primadonna who falls apart when she doesn't get her way.

In TNAs defence, according to the dirtsheets at least, Hogan had creative control on everything he did and that was the only way he'd do it, I suppose incase he didn't jump ship.

erickman
02-22-2014, 12:05 PM
They screwed Gunner wonderfully in that title match, tho. I knew that if anyone was gonna turn, it would be James Storm.

yeah he should never be a face it is about time beer money comes back.

on abyss i am liking him without the mask and changing moods.

Anybody Thrilla
02-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Austin Aries needs to be used more prominently.

Emperor Smeat
02-22-2014, 12:45 PM
Seen a few matches and parts of shows the past few weeks but have to agree with others about Rockstar Spud being great right now.

Him as Dixie's stooge is a lot better than any of the Authority's stooges.

owenbrown
02-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Why has no one mentioned the Samuel Shaw-Christy Hemme storyline?

Anybody Thrilla
02-22-2014, 05:36 PM
Why don't you just mention it yourself and stop degrading everyone?

slik
02-22-2014, 05:38 PM
Austin Aries needs to be used more prominently.

I think Austin Aries should be pushed as their top face tbh

Lock Jaw
02-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Why has no one mentioned the Samuel Shaw-Christy Hemme storyline?

Still wondering how Samuel Shaw ever got that first date with Christy

Bobholly138
02-23-2014, 05:19 AM

He needs to be pushed off a cliff in a car loaded with dynamite and rabid raccoon.

#1-norm-fan
02-23-2014, 05:23 AM

He needs to be pushed off a cliff in a car loaded with dynamite and rabid raccoon.

I'm somewhere in between these two thoughts.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-23-2014, 05:29 AM
TNA IS DEAD CLOSE THIS THREAD.

Afterlife
02-23-2014, 12:35 PM
In TNAs defence, according to the dirtsheets at least, Hogan had creative control on everything he did and that was the only way he'd do it, I suppose incase he didn't jump ship.

#1. Almost didn't see this, because SOMEBODY took the color out of the quote, WHITEYFORD.

#2. I was being immensely sarcastic. There was, in fact, plenty of time between the two events that Hogan showing up in WWE -- the company that created him in the first place, by the wat -- has no ill effect on TNA programming.

whiteyford
02-23-2014, 12:48 PM
Irregardless of the time frame it was a terrible way to let anyone leave, they woulda been better with a 'Poochy' explanation than that.

Your avatar still creeps me out.

Anybody Thrilla
02-23-2014, 01:43 PM

You are entitled to that, but might I ask why you feel that way?

Afterlife
02-23-2014, 05:05 PM
Irregardless of the time frame it was a terrible way to let anyone leave, they woulda been better with a 'Poochy' explanation than that.

Your avatar still creeps me out.

#1. "Irregardless" is not a word.

#2. Why is letting a face character leave well-liked with the heel character being screwed out of something she wants a terrible thing? The wrestling business doesn't need to be a petty, bitter world full of negative intentions.

#3. I can update it; he has hair now.

owenbrown
02-23-2014, 05:47 PM

You are infringing on Nowhere Man's anti-JBL gimmick [/TLP]

Mr. Nerfect
02-24-2014, 05:17 AM
I'm glad The Wolves are the TNA World Tag Team Champions. Now you just have them wrestle Bad Influence all the time and your tag team division is saved.

Samoa Joe will hopefully win the TNA World Heavyweight Title soon. Not really digging this Magnus run. Joe can then wrestle TNA's newest signing...CM Punk. Or not.

Jeff Hardy should also be in the X-Division. It needs some stars in there. It can't always be Austin Aries and Chris Sabin. Jeff Hardy and Kenny King would help beef that segment of the show up. I guess Hardy is Willow now. I've got no clue how that will pan out, but maybe it will be fucking awesome?

Get Dixie Carter off TV and have Rockstar Spud and MVP feud. Has Ethan Carter III used his tag team title shot yet. Make him and Spud the Tag Team Champions together when they do use it. Also put Beer Money back together. That would be a fucking division on the rise. The Wolves, Bad Influence, Rockstar Spud & EC3 and Beer Money. You can occasionally put Austin Aries & Kenny King together too.

Man, TNA could be so good so fast.

XL
02-24-2014, 05:37 AM
Didn't ECIII lose his tag title briefcase to Gunner? Also, when did The Wolves win the belts?

erickman
02-24-2014, 07:41 AM
Didn't ECIII lose his tag title briefcase to Gunner? Also, when did The Wolves win the belts?

james storm has the case now, an looks like beer money will get back togather

Fat Aaron
02-24-2014, 08:12 AM

https://twitter.com/TheEddieEdwards/status/437733644569174017

Mr. Nerfect
02-24-2014, 08:26 AM
james storm has the case now, an looks like beer money will get back togather

This works for me.

whiteyford
02-24-2014, 02:48 PM
#1. "Irregardless" is not a word.

#2. Why is letting a face character leave well-liked with the heel character being screwed out of something she wants a terrible thing? The wrestling business doesn't need to be a petty, bitter world full of negative intentions.

#3. I can update it; he has hair now.

If we all agree it's a word then it is, let's make history.

He's jumping to another company, I would have said competition but I'll save us all a few lolTNA posts.

Dear god no, kill it kill it with fire!

Poit
02-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Hey Noid, fuck your spoilers. :foc:

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-24-2014, 03:23 PM
you can't spoil whats already rotten.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
02-24-2014, 04:23 PM
Noid, you chump.

XL
02-24-2014, 06:59 PM
https://twitter.com/TheEddieEdwards/status/437733644569174017

Hey Noid, fuck your spoilers. :foc:

Mr. Nerfect
02-24-2014, 07:25 PM
The title change has already happened. Sorry, I didn't consider it a spoiler. I'll edit my post.

Swiss Ultimate
02-24-2014, 08:22 PM
Noid is just so nice. Next person who gives him shit is getting cyber-stalked.

Bobholly138
02-25-2014, 03:36 AM
You are entitled to that, but might I ask why you feel that way?

Just find Aries to be boring and almost as bad as Davey Richards. He is moves without psychology. His mic work is bland also.

Afterlife
02-25-2014, 08:26 AM
He's jumping to another company, I would have said competition but I'll save us all a few lolTNA posts.

O.k., he went to the big company for his retirement money. He went from a non-wrestling position in TNA to a non-wrestling position in WWE. I'm just not seeing what's so devastating to TNA in this scenario.

whiteyford
02-25-2014, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't even go as far as to call it devastating but if you had guys jumping ship during the MNWs they were written off quietly or just ignored completely. If it was vice versa they would have just paid him to sit at home till he ran out of dates.

Afterlife
02-25-2014, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't even go as far as to call it devastating but if you had guys jumping ship during the MNWs they were written off quietly or just ignored completely. If it was vice versa they would have just paid him to sit at home till he ran out of dates.

Yeah, but MNW was an entirely different thing. This wasn't Kurt Angle or Bobby Roode or whoever leaving TNA's title hunt to join WWE's title hunt. This was a non-wrestling character explaining his departure and, a few months later, showing up in another company as a non-wrestling character. It's in no way damaging.

Skippord
02-25-2014, 10:17 AM
why is this gentleman's name Rockstar Spud?

CSL
02-25-2014, 10:47 AM
just "Spud" was the old gimmick when he was standard bump-a-lot small babyface with daft gear. Rockstar Spud was the egotistical super arrogant heel gimmick he went into that got over as balls. Bit surprised they didn't change his name

Skippord
02-25-2014, 10:58 AM
is Spud a name for a human being that I've never heard before?

I choose to believe his original gimmick was potato based

CSL
02-25-2014, 11:05 AM
Spud Webb blad. It's a small person thing. That said, the pun possibilities would have been endless had it been potato based

Skippord
02-25-2014, 11:44 AM
Spud Webb isn't a real person, he's a figment of our collective unconscious. Spud is really cooking now, etc.

Heisenberg
02-25-2014, 03:24 PM
Does Spud have any history or vignette for his debut?

I'm your friend here guys. I'm not going to continue my poop parade, but sometimes TNA just throws in characters with little warning and I can't get into it. Does he have Dixie backing him behind the scenes?

CSL
02-25-2014, 03:34 PM
history for his current role, no. It was pretty much "here is the new chief of staff, the guy that won British Bootcamp". History of being his heel schtick, yah, quite a lot.

Skippord
02-25-2014, 03:36 PM
I would not allow a man named Rockstar Spud to work for me in a corporate position like Chief of Staff

Rammsteinmad
02-25-2014, 04:23 PM
I don't follow TNA religiously, but I roughly keep track of what's going on, and catch most of their PPVs or PPV-themed Impacts or whatever they do.

Hopefully with Hogan and Sting both supposedly gone, and with all the financial problems they've had lately, they'll now really start to focus on their younger stars. TNA does have an incredible roster, but most of the time, especially when it comes to their storylines, I feel very "meh" about everything.

XL
02-25-2014, 06:07 PM
I would not allow a man named Rockstar Spud to work for me in a corporate position like Chief of Staff

Hey, at the very least it's no worse than appointing a Hell-spawn demon with multiple counts of attempted murder to his name.

Skippord
02-25-2014, 11:08 PM
well I mean, at least Kane has shown he can make solid plans

erickman
02-28-2014, 08:27 PM
editing was good last night when the crowd was chanting creapy basterd at sam shaw then after they show a jeff hardy video.

Swiss Ultimate
02-28-2014, 08:38 PM
God those promos are so stupid and annoying.

Swiss Ultimate
02-28-2014, 08:38 PM
I can't wait for the eventual moment when CM Punk runs into the ring dressed as Willow and then makes kids cry.

Purgatory
02-28-2014, 08:44 PM
They're reportedly asking talent to renegotiate their contracts to a lower payscale, some half of what they're making, when their current contracts are up.

Don't know how true this is, but this isn't the first I've heard of it. Sadly, it's not even the second or third time, either.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10036087.shtml

Swiss Ultimate
02-28-2014, 08:46 PM
You'd think they'd have some money to spare without Hogan and Sting.

Hanso Amore
02-28-2014, 08:53 PM
Lol did Aries ref a match in a ref top and speedos?

Purgatory
02-28-2014, 09:02 PM
probably. If it was recent, then I don't think it's the first time. I recall him wearing that outfit before...though, I'm not entirely sure he was going to referee, or it was just something he was wearing.

Purgatory
02-28-2014, 09:04 PM
You'd think they'd have some money to spare without Hogan and Sting.

It's their live shows that are doing them in. They're spending more than they're drawing, but for whatever reason, they went back out on the road again. I understand the UK tour might have been good for them, but they really need to stop traveling if they know it's hurting them.

That or get rid of MVP.

Anybody Thrilla
02-28-2014, 09:12 PM
Just find Aries to be boring and almost as bad as Davey Richards. He is moves without psychology. His mic work is bland also.

I disagree with all of this. Are we talking about the same Austin Aries? You sure you aren't thinking of Bob Holly?

Bobo
02-28-2014, 09:29 PM
Fine by me as long as Gail Kim is still around.

Blue Demon
02-28-2014, 09:54 PM
I read their bringing in The Great Muta now.

Swiss Ultimate
02-28-2014, 10:36 PM
Horrible idea.

#1-norm-fan
02-28-2014, 10:42 PM
I read they're bringing in Bobby Eaton.

Swiss Ultimate
02-28-2014, 11:22 PM
Great idea.

Anybody Thrilla
02-28-2014, 11:31 PM
He does have a lot to offer, for sure.

Bobholly138
03-01-2014, 03:06 PM
I disagree with all of this. Are we talking about the same Austin Aries? You sure you aren't thinking of Bob Holly?

Yeah talking about Aries. Bob has a flow to what moves he does after each move. Aries is feels like some over sugared 10 year old playing WWE2k13. But I have never liked Aries.

Bobholly138
03-01-2014, 03:07 PM
I heard they are bringing in Bobby Jaggers and Do it To it Steve Cox.

Swiss Ultimate
03-01-2014, 03:27 PM
I don't know who Bob Holly is. Is he related to Crash Holly?

Bad News Gertner
03-02-2014, 10:38 AM
I heard they are bringing in Bobby Jaggers and Do it To it Steve Cox.

Gotta bring in Michael Hayes and pair him with Cox and reform that legendary tag team.

Lol "Do it To it" might be the worst nickname in wrestling history.