PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here been to a house show?

HTrain90
03-06-2014, 08:42 AM
I'm going to the go-home Raw in DC on March 31, and they've got a house show the previous Saturday in Charlottesville. Thinking about getting some cheap sets ($23 apiece) and going with a few buddies. Question is, is it worth it to go for the warmup to Raw? And what should I expect from the house show in terms of length and the presentation itself? Thanks y'all.

Shisen Kopf
03-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Yeah best house show I went to was at Cobo in 1995 Hogan rassled Vader in the main event. Was really good 7/10

Shisen Kopf
03-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Presentation was lacking though. 3/10

Bad News Gertner
03-06-2014, 08:47 AM
House shows are amazing

Bad News Gertner
03-06-2014, 08:47 AM
hopefully Tatanka shows up!

Shisen Kopf
03-06-2014, 10:56 AM
The spirit of tatanka will be there at the very least.

Logan
03-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Ive been to a ppv, raw, and house show (back in the mid to late 90s).

From what I remember, the house show was the most enjoyable, because the feeling of a house show was more laid back / relaxed because there wasnt the pressure that goes with a TV show, so there was obviously more wrestling, less talking.

JimmyMess
03-06-2014, 02:43 PM
I've been to a couple Smackdown house shows in my hometown around the time of Kurt Angle/Lesnar feud.

Also went to one in Toronto at the Skydome around 2000, which was memorable because we stayed in the hotel that overlooks the ballpark so we watched the set up, opened the windows and got The Rock to give us a wave and shout from below.

As for the wrestling, I remember it being fun to watch, because the guys will fuck around more and interact with the crowd and what not

Lock Jaw
03-06-2014, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I went to a househow once. Main event was Bret Hart/HBK/Psycho Sid for the World Title. I remember being ridiculously hyped up for it.

Of course, I was still young and believed that the title could conceivably change hands at the show.

Logan
03-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Of course, I was still young and believed that the title could conceivably change hands at the show.

On a related note, I know that VERY rarely titles change hands at house shows (much less acknowledged...)

Does anyone know what the reasons would be for having a title change at a house show?

VSG
03-06-2014, 06:28 PM
I went to a TNA house show once- they really give you your money's worth!

GD
03-06-2014, 07:26 PM
I went to a RAW houseshow and it was cool. They had a brand new entrance setup and no pyros. The show was geared towards the kids and was very predictable. The show was a repeat of the house show that occurred in MSG with the exception of Miz fighting for Punk's strap instead of Del Rio as he was injured.

There was a kid in front of me who had an Epico sign. Everytime a wrestler made his or her entrance, he would lift it up. I didn't have the heart to tell him. A scary big guy in a green Cena t-shirt was upset that we were chanting "Cena sucks!". Mason Ryan and David Otunga looked huge. No wonder Vince likes big men. There were a bunch of smirks behind me chanting for "Y2J" as he was suppose to return for Mania. It was stupid.

Shisen Kopf
03-06-2014, 09:30 PM
I wonder if homeless people are banned from going to a house show?

Droford
03-06-2014, 11:19 PM
I went to an ECW only house show and it ended up being Kurt Angles last match with WWE which is probably the coolest thing I can say I saw at a house show.

Tom Guycott
03-07-2014, 12:00 AM
The one and only house show I ever been to was sooo long ago that The Rockers were still together, and the show closed with Ultimate Warrior gorilla pressing Sherri Martel and dropping her in the center of the ring to a huge pop. My brother and I contemplated climbing into the ring after the event, but were afraid some unseen security was going to yell at us. In retrospect, we should have chanced it.

Bad News Gertner
03-07-2014, 12:13 AM
On a related note, I know that VERY rarely titles change hands at house shows (much less acknowledged...)

Does anyone know what the reasons would be for having a title change at a house show?

Sometimes titles will change hands at a few house shows in a row, but the title will go back to the original holder for t.v.

GD
03-07-2014, 12:25 AM
As far as I know, the title changes that occur on house shows are documented. For example, Paul London and Brian Kendrick winning the now retired World Tag Team titles from Trevor Murdoch and Lance Cade during a tour of Africa.

The Miz and John Morrison won the World Tag Team titles from Punk and Kingston on a house show and went on to defend them in a unification match against the WWE Tag Team Champions Carlito and Primo at the pre-show match of Wrestlemania 25.

Bobholly138
03-07-2014, 12:35 AM
The only one I went to had a main event of IC CHamp Rick Rude vs Ultimate Warrior. Warrior won by DQ I think.

Juan
03-07-2014, 02:19 AM
The best wrestling matches I've seen live have been at house shows. Except Jericho vs. Mysterio at The Bash 2009. That was the best televised match I've ever seen live

Juan
03-07-2014, 02:23 AM
Two house show matches that always stand out to me are Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart for the Intercontinental title in 1996 in San Jose and a tornado tag team match between Austin & The Rock vs. Jericho & Angle in 2001 in Sacramento

Bad News Gertner
03-07-2014, 02:29 AM
Saw Sting vs Hogan in a cage match at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Legit sell out of over 18,000 and the largest house show attendance in WCW history.

Here's the results

Singles Match
Psychosis defeats La Parka
WCW World Television Title Match
Booker T (c) defeats Chris Jericho
Singles Match
Bill Goldberg defeats Jerry Flynn
Singles Match
Brian Adams defeats The British Bulldog
Tag Team Match
Chris Benoit & Diamond Dallas Page defeat Kidman & Sick Boy (w/Raven)
Singles Match
Ric Flair defeats Scott Norton
Singles Match
Bret Hart defeats Curt Hennig
WCW World Heavyweight Title Steel Cage Match
Sting (c) defeats Hollywood Hogan (w/The Disiple)

Been to an ECW house show, numerous WCW and WWE over the years.

Juan
03-07-2014, 02:31 AM
Another fun part of that 2001 house show was getting to see the Impact Players, entrance and pose and all, since they never did it on TV. Was also the first time I got to see RVD live

OverTaker
03-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Saw Stone Cold do an in ring promo at a house show when he got ran down by Rikishi. He came out to the Disturbed theme.

Shisen Kopf
03-07-2014, 08:48 PM
does OCW count? thinking about going on of these days.

FourFifty
03-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Many, many years ago, in Palm Springs. Shortly before Simon Dean's debut, as he was in a tag match but not on the main roster yet.
Edge vs Chris Jericho
La Resistance vs Eugene and Regal
Victoria vs some other chick
Rhyno and Tajari were also on the card.
Forgot what the main event was, but it ended with Evolution pretty much beating up Randy Orton (the World Heavyweight Champion at the time) only for Orton to get a comeback and RKO everyone.

Shisen Kopf
03-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Rasslin House Show yo,
This better not suck the dick
it did, refund please

Tom Guycott
03-07-2014, 11:33 PM
Please don't sully haikus. Unless they're about Haku, you shouldn't do them.

Shisen Kopf
03-08-2014, 12:08 AM
Haku Haikus do rule

Haku is my boy
not as much as the rassler
who is Tatanka

JimmyMess
03-09-2014, 03:56 PM
Diesel won the belt at a house show.

I remember Jarrett won the IC belt at a house show.

James Steele
03-09-2014, 11:46 PM
House shows are fun because there is more wrestling and there will be at least 1 or 2 moments that would never ever happen on TV.

DAMN iNATOR
03-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Been to tons of WWE house shows...the one I probably remember best is:

Singles Match
Heidenreich defeats Booker T
Singles Match
Rey Mysterio defeats Kenzo Suzuki
WWE Tag Team Title Match
The Basham Brothers (Danny Basham & Doug Basham) (c) defeat Charlie Haas & Hardcore Holly
WWE Cruiserweight Title Fatal Four Way Elimination Match
Funaki (c) defeats Chavo Guerrero and Scotty 2 Hotty and Spike Dudley
- Scotty 2 Hotty eliminiert Spike Dudley
- Chavo Guerrero eliminiert Scotty 2 Hotty
- Funaki eliminiert Chavo Guerrero
Singles Match
Orlando Jordan defeats Nunzio
WWE United States Title Match
John Cena (c) defeats Rene Dupree
Two On One Handicap Steel Cage Match
The Big Show defeats Luther Reigns & Mark Jindrak

Dunno why, but I remember being totally hyped for the Cage main event.

James Steele
03-12-2014, 01:43 AM
I've posted reviews of the house shows I've been to. Probably my favorite was the one headlined by Triple H as I got to see my hero in person for the very first time. I'll find my review of it.

James Steele
03-12-2014, 01:48 AM
http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=97519

I can honestly say my life has been changed for the better thanks to seeing Triple H perform his wondrous craft LIVE!

The show was beautifully booked as every match built us up to have an explosive orgasm as Triple H defeated Randy Orton in a Falls Count Anywhere match. In quick, here was the parts of the show that helped make this a memorable night by building up to Triple H.

Tony Chimel (who I boo'd) welcomed us to the event and introduced guest hostess...Diva With Big Tits #659439. She asked a family where WM26 would be held. They said Phoenix. She said they won ringside seats (fuck you!)

ECW 6-Man Tag Team Match: Tommy Dreamer, Goldust, and The Hurricane defeated Vance Archer, Zack Ryder, and Ezekiel Jackson. Solid match with superb heel/face tactics really getting the crowd hyped. I imagine Triple H was smiling at how ecstatic the crowd was for such jobbers.

Sheamus came out to massive heat (lots of kids and redneck Cena fans :nono: ) . He issued an open challenge to anyone in the back. Cue Evan Bourne! This was quite a tremendous match and Evan Bourne is fucking amazing. Sheamus landed the Warrior's Edge to get the win and Triple H would be proud that his fellow Kliq member, Scott Hall, had his move stolen and it is getting over.

ECW CHAMPIONSHIP: Christian def. William Regal

I was the only one cheering William Regal. USA chants started and I asked some hick next to me if he knew that the only American in the ring was the referee. (Scott Armstrong and Jack Doan were the only refs at this show and they did a tremendous job. I believe Mr. Armstrong looked at me after applauding his stern warning to Christian about closed fists!) Anyway, Christian won and then proceeded to kiss the fans asses like the unoriginal douche that he is. Great wrestler, but he has done the same shit since 2005...he needs to learn to reinvent himself like Triple H does every couple of years.

INTERMISSION -- I considered purchasing a Frito Pie and a DX Cowboy Hat but both were insanely overpriced...those fucking DX glowsticks are 10 bucks. Vince McMahon is a fucking genius. (DUH)

SmackDown! vs RAW Tag Team Match: Matt Hardy/Kane def. Legacy. Legacy played chickenshit heels and interacted with the crowd very well. Working with DX truly helped them. Matt Hardy has a lot of energy, but the whole match was building to Kane chokeslamming shit. Kane did and got the 2nd biggest pop of the night. (Next only to The Cerebral Assassin)

Kofi Kingston def. Jack Thwagger --> Awesome match, and Kofi is fucking electric. Great finish when Kofi escaped the gutwrench powerbomb and landed the Trouble In Paradise. Kofi was #3 on the Pop-O-Meter. I can't wait to see Kofi turn heel in a couple of years and feud with Triple H.

Drew McIntyre came out and cut a promo about how we are all rednecks and lucky to see him. Enter...some jobber. The skinny pissed off Scottish man grunted and growled his way into a victory. Triple H was probably thinking "weaksauce". Now, we get to a huge matchup.

DIVAS MATCH (Guest Ring Announcer: Jillian Hall) Mickie James def. Beth Phoenix. Beth is a huge woman, and Mickie's ass is STUPENDOUS. Same shit they do on RAW, so I took this time to heckle Cena fans.

Now, this is the momen't we've been waiting for... (PLAY BY PLAY TO FOLLOW)

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE -- TRIPLE H DEF. RANDY ORTON

Tony Chimel (Boo!) informs us all that there will be NO COUNTOUTS! NO DISQUALIFICATIONS! AND FALLS WILL COUNT ANYWHERE!!!

Randy Orton comes out to boos and drunken cheers from all the women over 30 in the audience. He stares a lot...very dull.

"The Game" hits as the Fairgrounds Entertainment Center comes UNGLUED!

Triple H comes out with the cool lights and his bottle of water. He spits and we are in awe.

Triple H makes his way to the ring and spits on half the people and they are healed by the holy water.

Triple H does his corner thing and I make eye contact with The King of Kings. I bow before him.

Triple H and Randy Orton begin exchanging punches as I witness a WrestleMania main event in my shitty hometown.

The build-up is fantastic as Triple H plays a perfect face and Orton doesn't fuck it up like Cena would.

Orton finds a trashcan and blasts HHH with it. Orton goes for another one, but HHH counters and blasts the tanned prettyboy pussy with the garbage can.

Triple H tries to pedigree RKO, but Cody and Ted ruin Hunter's Excellent Adventure...UNTIL KOFI COMES IN TO MAKE THE SAVE.

We get a clusterfuck brawl until HHH knocks out Legacy and Orton RKO's Kofi (Kofi sold it like DDP hit it).

Orton does his whole stare shit while HHH grabs a sledgehammer from under the ring, and I slowly feel aroused.

Triple H blasts the tattooed pissant. ORTON KICKS OUT! (DRAMA) They exchange punches and counter finishers until finally the pedigree plants Orton back to the midcard. Triple H wins and the place is rocking now.

Triple H goes around the ring and takes pictures with children and shakes hands and is being a awesome 5-Star human being. The lights go up, and my heart is pounding, my mind running, and my soul transformed.

Overall an great show, and I was amazed at the effort every superstar put in and it was probably the best show they done here, match wise (they have only been here 4 times though.)

I was disappointed as Cena, Jericho, etc weren't there. I wanted to boo the everliving shit out of Cena and markout for Jericho. Alas, the King didn't let me down.

I give the show a sold rating of:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2346/sledgehammer.jpghttp://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2346/sledgehammer.jpghttp://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2346/sledgehammer.jpghttp://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2346/sledgehammer.jpg

Heisenberg
03-14-2014, 02:21 PM
I'm going to one tonight, my first WWE house show, TNA puts on a good house show. Last Waco house show last year saw the return of The Undertaker, I'm hoping for a repeat

Blue Demon
03-14-2014, 04:00 PM
I've been to two...one in '94 and the card was as follows (I was young and I was so excited to go as it was my first event so I wrote it down and managed to actually find it):
The Bushwhackers defeated Well Dunn

IRS pinned Bob Holly

WWF Tag Team Champion Diesel pinned Sionne

WWF IC Champion Razor Ramon pinned Jeff Jarrett

Adam Bomb pinned Kwang

WWF World Champion Bret Hart pinned Jim Neidhart

The Undertaker defeated Yokozuna in a casket match

The second was in early Sept. 2001 and the main event was a 6 man tag: Undertaker & APA Vs. The Dudley Boys & Test...that's all I could remember for that one.

GD
03-17-2014, 04:20 AM
Remember when Triple H decided to make his in-ring return on a house show?

GD
03-17-2014, 04:22 AM
TIL that the WWE World Heavyweight Championship has changed hands at a house show on more than one occasion.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-17-2014, 12:02 PM
The WWE World Heavyweight Championship has existed for 4 months.

GD
03-17-2014, 01:36 PM
Ugh! I am sorry for referring the belt by its current name and not "WWF Championship".

Crippla
03-23-2014, 05:48 PM
I went to a house show back in 2000 where The Undertaker stalled his bike on the entrance ramp. Pretty hilarious

Fignuts
03-24-2014, 05:43 AM
Been to a few.

Only things I remember were Hulk Hogan vs Earthquake w/ Dino Bravo, and Paul London vs Jimmy Yang.

Both were really awesome.

Fignuts
03-24-2014, 05:44 AM
Oh and I saw MnM before they debuted on TV.

Razzamajazz
03-26-2014, 05:18 PM
the first wwe house show i ever went to. i was in the 2nd row:

http://wrestling-edge.com/wwe-raw-live-results-july-18th-2009/

whoever wrote that sounds like a jackass smark, yet he mistook evan bourne's shooting star for a 450 splash :roll:

Bad News Gertner
03-27-2014, 02:39 AM
I've been to two...one in '94 and the card was as follows (I was young and I was so excited to go as it was my first event so I wrote it down and managed to actually find it):
The Bushwhackers defeated Well Dunn

IRS pinned Bob Holly

WWF Tag Team Champion Diesel pinned Sionne

WWF IC Champion Razor Ramon pinned Jeff Jarrett

Adam Bomb pinned Kwang

WWF World Champion Bret Hart pinned Jim Neidhart

The Undertaker defeated Yokozuna in a casket match

The second was in early Sept. 2001 and the main event was a 6 man tag: Undertaker & APA Vs. The Dudley Boys & Test...that's all I could remember for that one.

Lol who can forget that legendary Barbarian vs Diesel feud.

Bobholly138
03-27-2014, 02:35 PM
The last house show I went to had Brock in a dark match. He did the SSP off the ropes and won. About 3 months later he debuted on TV.

Shisen Kopf
03-27-2014, 08:41 PM
does backyard rasslin feds count b/c they are def "house" shows. lololololololz

parkmania
03-29-2014, 09:06 PM
The only house show I have ever been to was a CWA show where Jerry Lawler fought "Nature Boy" Buddy Landell. Landell was "blindfolded" by a bag over his head for the match. Hilarity ensued including a spot where Lawler got the referee to bend over and tie his shoe on the bottom rope while The King used brass knucks on Landell.

The only other thing I remember from that event was that Dutch Mantell was currently "banned" from the area, but there was a masked wrestler called Texas Dirt who had VERY similar facial hair and wore a shirt that read "Dutch says Hi".

James Steele
03-30-2014, 10:50 AM
I miss those old school custom shirts wrestlers used to wear.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zrPYSKKVbVc/S-gtg0c-8bI/AAAAAAAAAAs/ojLzgKh9yZE/s1600/wahoosleg.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img337/8395/dusty20sucks20eggs20copyjpgtf9.jpg

James Steele
03-30-2014, 10:51 AM
http://st-listas.20minutos.es/images/2012-07/338462/3641002_640px.jpg?1343336600

James Steele
03-30-2014, 10:53 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1.0-9/s403x403/1549521_10152167180818355_720436729_n.jpg

parkmania
03-31-2014, 10:23 PM
I miss those old school custom shirts wrestlers used to wear.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zrPYSKKVbVc/S-gtg0c-8bI/AAAAAAAAAAs/ojLzgKh9yZE/s1600/wahoosleg.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img337/8395/dusty20sucks20eggs20copyjpgtf9.jpg

If that's in response to my post, Texas Dirt's shirt wasn't even that professionally done - it was just a white t-shirt with magic marker.

Here's a computer mockup of it - couldn't find an actual pic.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p92/psychosem17/Dutch12.jpg&ei=ZyQ6U9HHO6mCygHGzoGQDA&sa=X&oi=unauthorizedredirect&ct=targetlink&ust=1396321135978693&usg=AFQjCNEa8YSWMf6iNwlJEqPFZL_er_QUWw

Yashamaga
08-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Saw Sting vs Hogan in a cage match at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Legit sell out of over 18,000 and the largest house show attendance in WCW history.

Here's the results

Singles Match
Psychosis defeats La Parka
Booker T (c) defeats Chris Jericho
Singles Match
Bill Goldberg defeats Jerry Flynn
Singles Match
Brian Adams defeats The British Bulldog
Tag Team Match
Chris Benoit & Diamond Dallas Page defeat Kidman & Sick Boy (w/Raven)
Singles Match
Ric Flair defeats Scott Norton
Singles Match
Bret Hart defeats Curt Hennig
WCW World Heavyweight Title Steel Cage Match
Sting (c) defeats Hollywood Hogan (w/The Disiple)

Been to an ECW house show, numerous WCW and WWE over the years.

Ill guess January of 1998?

Bad News Gertner
08-27-2014, 05:16 PM
Correct

Jordancsst1997
08-27-2014, 10:16 PM
House shows, they have one every year in December here in Hershey, PA

Shisen Kopf
08-27-2014, 10:16 PM
I went to this gem feb 26, 1995 at Cobo Arena in Detroit.

Results
Arn Anderson (c) defeats Johnny B. Badd
Tag Team Match
Stars And Stripes (Marcus Alexander Bagwell & The Patriot) defeat Lord Steven Regal & Steve Austin
Singles Match
Alex Wright defeats Paul Roma
WCW World Tag Team Title No Disqualification Match
Harlem Heat (Booker T & Stevie Ray) (c) defeat The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags)
WCW United States Heavyweight Title Match
Vader (c) defeats Jim Duggan
Tag Team Match
Randy Savage & Sting defeat Avalanche & Big Bubba
WCW United States Heavyweight Title Match
Hulk Hogan defeats Vader (c) by Count Out

Big Vic
08-28-2014, 10:19 AM
Syracuse ONLY gets house shows......fucking Shawn Michaels

Clerk
08-29-2014, 07:34 AM
I went to a house show before, but i will never go again. I went to one in 2000.

Food i had was great the show was even great but there was 1 little problem.

As i was leaving the stadium and walking around the block to my vehicle I noticed a figure walking my way, it was Stone Cold Steve Austin. He appeared to be drunk out his arse and he tried to pick a fight with me, I told him i didn't want any trouble. (Just to inform you i'm 6"2 210) Anyway he shoved me and i stumbled back, he shoved again and swung i bobbed and i weaved and hit him with a straight right. Then instantly in a fury of rage he went after me, I used his momentum against him and hip tossed him. He got back up and i uppercutted him and he began retreating.

Next thing i know i am kidnapped by a strange group of people. When they took me they took me to vince's playground. Vince was there with a barbed wire baseball bat and threatened if i told anyone he would find me and hurt me.

The police destroyed the videos of the brawl.

Thats why i'll never go back.

Wehttam
08-29-2014, 09:04 AM
you were 2 or 3 years old in 2000, cody.

ron the dial
08-29-2014, 12:16 PM
great story

Clerk
08-29-2014, 01:04 PM
great story

non-fiction

ron the dial
08-29-2014, 01:31 PM
let's see a picture of your 6'2" 210 pound ass. sounds like you're probably a sexy boy.

Juan
08-30-2014, 01:34 AM
I went to a house show before, but i will never go again. I went to one in 2000.

As i was leaving the stadium and walking around the block to my vehicle I noticed a figure walking my way, it was Stone Cold Steve Austin. He appeared to be drunk out his arse and he tried to pick a fight with me, I told him i didn't want any trouble. (Just to inform you i'm 6"2 210) Anyway he shoved me and i stumbled back, he shoved again and swung i bobbed and i weaved and hit him with a straight right. Then instantly in a fury of rage he went after me, I used his momentum against him and hip tossed him. He got back up and i uppercutted him and he began retreating.

Next thing i know i am kidnapped by a strange group of people. When they took me they took me to vince's playground. Vince was there with a barbed wire baseball bat and threatened if i told anyone he would find me and hurt me.

lol

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-30-2014, 08:59 PM
First one:

WWF @ Boston, MA - Boston Garden - January 12, 1991 (matinee)

Due to travel problems, neither Ted Dibiase or Jimmy Snuka were able to appear for their scheduled match

Dustin Rhodes (sub. for Sam Houston) pinned Buddy Rose
Haku defeated Koko B. Ware
Jake Roberts defeated Rick Martel via disqualification
The Barbarian pinned Saba Simba
Kerry Von Erich defeated WWF IC Champion Mr. Perfect via disqualification; Roddy Piper was the guest referee for the bout
WWF Tag Team Champions Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart defeated Paul Roma & Hercules when Hart pinned Roma
Hulk Hogan & Tugboat defeated Earthquake & Dino Bravo when Hogan pinned Bravo.

Sixx
08-31-2014, 07:24 AM
First one:

WWF @ Boston, MA - Boston Garden - January 12, 1991 (matinee)

Due to travel problems, neither Ted Dibiase or Jimmy Snuka were able to appear for their scheduled match

Dustin Rhodes (sub. for Sam Houston) pinned Buddy Rose
Haku defeated Koko B. Ware
Jake Roberts defeated Rick Martel via disqualification
The Barbarian pinned Saba Simba
Kerry Von Erich defeated WWF IC Champion Mr. Perfect via disqualification; Roddy Piper was the guest referee for the bout
WWF Tag Team Champions Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart defeated Paul Roma & Hercules when Hart pinned Roma
Hulk Hogan & Tugboat defeated Earthquake & Dino Bravo when Hogan pinned Bravo.

Hahaha, Hogan teamed up with Tugboat?

Lock Jaw
08-31-2014, 01:00 PM
Only ever gone to one house show. Main event was Bret Hart vs. HBK vs. Psycho Sid for the World Title. I was a young enough kid to believe that this was a huge thing I was seeing, and that the title could very well change hands. Marked out so hard.

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-31-2014, 01:19 PM

Hogan Choo Choo Choosed him. Tugboat led the Get Well Hulk campaign after Quake took out Hogan in the Summer of 1990 when he was filming Suburban Commando brother.

loopydate
09-01-2014, 04:52 PM
October 13, 2001 (sophomore year of college) - Wendler Arena - Saginaw, MI

WCW Cruiserweight Title Match - Billy Kidman (c) defeats Scotty 2 Hotty
Crash defeats Russ McCullough
Jacqueline defeats Ivory
Chuck Palumbo defeats The Brooklyn Brawler
WCW United States Heavyweight Title Match - Rhyno (c) defeats Chris Jericho by DQ
Albert defeats Lance Storm
The Big Show (w/Spike Dudley) defeats Hugh Morrus
WWF Intercontinental Title Match - Christian (c) defeats Edge
WWF Hardcore Title Match - Rob Van Dam (c) defeats Raven

Mercenary
09-02-2014, 02:39 AM

he did a few times before tuggers turned heel like most of Hogans so called buds.

Blue Demon
09-04-2014, 10:48 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CY29dSaCCu8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Clerk
09-08-2014, 07:41 AM
btw i've been to yo momma's house show aswell

Tazz Dan
09-14-2014, 09:21 PM
I've been to two. I proposed to my gf in ring at the second one. But you all know that by now.

Innovator
09-17-2014, 04:41 PM
You're not telling us anything we don't already know

hb2k
09-22-2014, 06:45 AM
First house show I went to was a pretty atrocious card in the Birmingham NEC in November 1996, notable because it had exactly one good match - the only ever Bret Hart Vs. Mick Foley encounter, which was awesome.

Full card was:

1. The Executioner defeated Barry Horowitz;
2. The Stalker defeated Justin 'Hawk' Bradshaw;
3. Rocky Maivia defeated T.L. Hopper;
4. Crush defeated Bob Holly;
5. Bret Hart defeated Mankind;
6. Stone Cold Steve Austin defeated Aldo Montoya;
7. The Undertaker defeated Vader;
8. WWF Tag Team Champions Owen Hart & British Bulldog defeated The Godwinns;
9. WWF World Champion Sycho Sid defeated Faarooq.

This was right after Survivor Series, and I don't think I need to state my utter disgust that my favourite wrestler, WWF Champion Shawn Michaels lost the belt just before the tour and wasn't even on the card. Oh, and Sid Vs. Faarooq went 90 seconds in the main event.

Bad News Gertner
09-22-2014, 09:39 PM
Taker vs Vader was bad? That's surprising.

Shisen Kopf
09-23-2014, 05:25 AM
Thinking about checking out a Cassatt Real Deal Rasslin show but I can't find the tickets listed on stubhub. Can't go without a ticket. Won't be allowed in the arena. :(

hb2k
09-28-2014, 08:51 AM
Taker vs Vader was bad? That's surprising.

If I remember right, Vader had a blown out shoulder and couldnt do much....still.

Ziggles
09-29-2014, 03:30 AM
The first shows I ever went to were back to back in Syracuse, NY at the War Memorial when I was 6 or 7 years old. (92' or 93') My sister took me to a WWF house show and then a WWf superstars taping within the same month featuring The Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, The Legion of Doom, Razor Ramon, Nasty Boyz, Million Dollar Man, The Undertaker, Ric Flair, Macho Man, Shawn Michaels, Mr. Perfect... etc. Unfort I cant remember everything but i'm sure this is the reason i'm still a huge fan today... We snuck around backstage and saw Razor Ramon eating chicken wings in his portable trailer, also met Bret Hart (my sister chased him out of the arena after the show grabbing his arm and screaming his name while he was driving away with his window down lol) Man, I wish I could go to a show with that line up today.