PDA

View Full Version : What do you wanna see on a weekly wrestling program?

Rollermacka
03-24-2014, 05:02 PM
So I see all the complaints about the storylines in WWE, too many backstage segments in TNA and that ROH will never get a tv deal because it's boring because all it is, is vanilla guys wrestling 20 min matches. So as a fan, what do you wanna see in a professional wrestling program that airs every week?

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
03-24-2014, 05:19 PM
I would like to see a split of roughly 60% wrestling, 40% promos / backstage segments. All of these matches and segments should further a story in some way, and have tangible consequences. Also, as few recaps as possible.

TNA currently comes closest to what I'm looking for, since they very rarely have "filler". However, I'd like to see them up their percentage of wrestling a little bit.

WWE probably have enough matches, but many of them are pointless, or the next one in a line of endless rematches.

I don't watch Ring Of Honor, because my basic viewing requirement is that the show is lit by more than a desk lamp hanging from the rafters.

XL
03-24-2014, 06:34 PM
I'd like to see more guys being used on Raw. It's great that they can have longer matches on free TV with the move to three hours but that doesn't really float my boat. I'd honestly see shorter matches in order to accommodate more angles for more guys.

Hell, some storylines outside of the main event might be nice too. And midcard champions defending their belts. Really annoyed me when Big E was added to the Battle Royal and they position The Shield to go against Kane as it means neither the US or IC belt will be defended.

I want serious, I want humour, I want tag teams, I want stables, I don't want tag teams/stables to split up and do nothing. I want matches to mean something a little more. I want less replays, and recaps, and rematches. I want SmackDown to be worthwhile viewing again.

I want some consistency with how guys are developed. They split Tons of Funk, turned Brodus heel, and forgot about him. Built up the arrival of Los Matadores, then quickly forgot about them. Sin Cara was beating Del Rio for a few weeks until they decided they wanted ADR to put Batista over so ADR made quick work of Cara. So many mixed messages, no wonder the casual audience don't get behind more than a select few people.

Bad News Gertner
03-24-2014, 07:12 PM
Hockey

Lock Jaw
03-24-2014, 07:54 PM
Hockey

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag150/Curtis_Dwayne/goon_display_image_zpsccdf0809.jpg

#1-norm-fan
03-24-2014, 08:43 PM
I would like to see a split of roughly 60% wrestling, 40% promos / backstage segments. All of these matches and segments should further a story in some way, and have tangible consequences. Also, as few recaps as possible.

TNA currently comes closest to what I'm looking for, since they very rarely have "filler". However, I'd like to see them up their percentage of wrestling a little bit.

WWE probably have enough matches, but many of them are pointless, or the next one in a line of endless rematches.

I don't watch Ring Of Honor, because my basic viewing requirement is that the show is lit by more than a desk lamp hanging from the rafters.

Pretty much sums it up.

Also, lol ROH. Desk lamp. :lol:

#1-norm-fan
03-24-2014, 09:03 PM
I actually don't mind matches between two guys who aren't directly feuding. As long as it furthers the characters in some way. I remember loving Sheamus' matches with Tensai and Damien Sandow when he was World Champion. They went toward putting Sheamus over as a worthy champion and someone who was tough to beat and they did wonders for Tensai and Sandow's characters at the time by making them look like a threat.

The inability to sustain a push though has made me not care about those matches because I know they're ultimately meaningless because a character can be a badass and then in a month suddenly start getting beat in 2 minutes by a mid-level guy. That's what ultimately makes WWE's non-title TV matches feel meaningless.

So yeah. Basically, a good 50/50 mix of matches and non-wrestling segments that all further feuds or characters in some way. Feuds and characters that are actually interesting. I'm good with a more wrestling-light TV show because there needs to be a reason to sell PPV's. So maybe some semi-squashes and segments and one good, competitive mid to upper-midcard match per hour.

MIZantine Empire
03-25-2014, 01:23 AM
Puppies!

Emperor Smeat
03-25-2014, 01:51 PM

This and maybe add in a stronger emphasis on continuity for storylines. Would lessen the amount of stuff that suddenly gets derailed (Big Show replacing Bryan in the Brayn-HHH feud), dropped (Divas in general), or ignores things that happened in the past (ex. title unification feud).