PDA

View Full Version : Everybody who said CM Punk leaving was legit...

Swiss Ultimate
04-06-2014, 11:11 PM
You were right. I really hoped it was all part of some brilliantly orchestrated angle, but alas I was wrong.

Good Mania though. Really truly enjoyed it. Going to watch Monday.

Razzamajazz
04-06-2014, 11:15 PM
they didn't even show his casket

Swiss Ultimate
04-06-2014, 11:17 PM
CM Punk didn't die.

Droford
04-06-2014, 11:17 PM
I'm convinced Punk got pissed off the most when he found out Lesnar was beating Taker at Mania.

Wishbone
04-06-2014, 11:21 PM
Thinking that a talent like Punk is just gone is kinda sad. Will make for an amazing return pop if he ever pulls a Shawn Michaels though.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-06-2014, 11:21 PM
doesn't matter why he was pissed, he just WAS pissed and unhappy, and was willing to walk away from the money and be perfectly happy to do so. Nothing wrong with it, nobody owes Vince shit.

Wishbone
04-06-2014, 11:27 PM
doesn't matter why he was pissed, he just WAS pissed and unhappy, and was willing to walk away from the money and be perfectly happy to do so. Nothing wrong with it, nobody owes Vince shit.

Agreed, but it still makes me sad that I won't get to see him on my tv anymore.

Swiss Ultimate
04-06-2014, 11:28 PM
I still think TNA is an option. He could be their Billy Corgan.

DAMN iNATOR
04-06-2014, 11:33 PM
And unfortunately, DTTS was right saying Brock would beat the streak. Now they have one hell of a mess trying to explain why he "needed" the win in the first place. This isn't mid-2002 anymore where he's the Undisputed Champion and in the prime of his life & career anymore. He only generally shows up to wrestle at PPV matches anymore, so I'm still completely befuddled as to why this was allowed to happen. I'm not "crying"/"whining"/"butthurt" over it; I've come to grips with it, but it just seems pointless. At least when Orton beat him @ SSlam '05 (which I get it, it's not quite the same thing but close enough...not in the mood for semantics), it was done with the purpose of having Orton become better established as a main eventer and future WWE, WHC, & WWE WHC, as his WHC win @ SSlam '04 was largely seen as premature.

So someone answer me this: What the FUCK good can it do for Brock to be the "1" in 21-1, besides the obvious "It makes him a better future HoF candidate" or other similar reasoning.

Rant done.

Gerard
04-06-2014, 11:35 PM

they did.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-06-2014, 11:36 PM
WrestleMania was so good I didn't even have a moment to order food because I didn't want to miss any of it.

Swiss Ultimate
04-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Lesnar didn't "need" the win. That's not the point. Undertaker NEEDED the loss.

Tazz Dan
04-07-2014, 12:15 AM
I used my make-a-wish yesterday to have Brock win. You're welcome DTTS.

Krimzon7
04-07-2014, 12:18 AM

:lol::rofl::|:(:'(

I love you Tazz Dan.

Swiss Ultimate
04-07-2014, 12:31 AM

I knew it was a good idea buying you all those random hookers.

DAMN iNATOR
04-07-2014, 12:53 AM
Lesnar didn't "need" the win. That's not the point. Undertaker NEEDED the loss.

No. He did NOT need the loss. It does nothing to add to 'Taker's "legend" and contrary to what you and some of the other intellectuals around here have said, it DOES detract from it. BIG TIME. There was literally no point to Brock winnng other than for it to become a footnote in his career.

Swiss Ultimate
04-07-2014, 12:58 AM
Nothing Undertaker could do at this point could "add" to the legend. If Lesnar was just another name on the list, it wouldn't make a single person like him more. His body just isn't where it needs to be at this point, it was time for him to lay down and give the fans something they didn't expect.

How does this loss take away from the unprecedent 21 match streak? It doesn't do it for me personally, I can't figure out why you would think the prior matches are somehow less now because of this defeat.

But as I said, this passion, this anger, this is what the WWE wanted. They want you to be angry and to feel betrayed. Mission accomplished.

owenbrown
04-07-2014, 01:08 AM

Tazz Dan for Hall of Fame

Swiss Ultimate
04-07-2014, 01:16 AM
Obviously.

#1-norm-fan
04-07-2014, 01:20 AM
Nothing Undertaker could do at this point could "add" to the legend. If Lesnar was just another name on the list, it wouldn't make a single person like him more. His body just isn't where it needs to be at this point, it was time for him to lay down and give the fans something they didn't expect.

How does this loss take away from the unprecedent 21 match streak? It doesn't do it for me personally, I can't figure out why you would think the prior matches are somehow less now because of this defeat.

But as I said, this passion, this anger, this is what the WWE wanted. They want you to be angry and to feel betrayed. Mission accomplished.

Like I said, I wanted the streak to end and it needed to end. It just sucks because Taker vs Cena for the streak was THE one match I wanted to see so fucking bad. I don't think there's a more epic match to be had right now. And Cena ending the streak after Taker gave him his stamp of approval on his first night with the company would have been such an incredible story. It sucks that it can't happen now.

Fignuts
04-07-2014, 01:23 AM
The "should the streak end" debate can finally come to an end, after arguing the topic to beyond exhaustion.

...so we can now pointlessly argue for years on why the streak shouldn't have ended.

Tazz Dan
04-07-2014, 01:23 AM
Like I said, I wanted the streak to end and it needed to end. It just sucks because Taker vs Cena for the streak was THE one match I wanted to see so fucking bad. I don't think there's a more epic match to be had right now. And Cena ending the streak after Taker gave him his stamp of approval on his first night with the company would have been such an incredible story. It sucks that it can't happen now.

I'm not having a dig at you here, seriously. I get that it's a match you really wanted to see, you've said numerous times. But just because you wanted to see it doesn't mean it had to happen.

Myself, I personally didn't want to see that match at all. But I wouldn't have gotten upset if it did happen.

BigCrippyZ
04-07-2014, 01:26 AM
I'm not having a dig at you here, seriously. I get that it's a match you really wanted to see, you've said numerous times. But just because you wanted to see it doesn't mean it had to happen.

Myself, I personally didn't want to see that match at all. But I wouldn't have gotten upset if it did happen.

This.

BigCrippyZ
04-07-2014, 01:27 AM
The "should the streak end" debate can finally come to an end, after arguing the topic to beyond exhaustion.

...so we can now pointlessly argue for years on why the streak shouldn't have ended.

And this.

Rep for both of you.

#1-norm-fan
04-07-2014, 01:28 AM
I'm not saying it HAD had to happen. I'm just saying I'm disappointed that it won't happen. The "full-circle" story of Cena-Taker would have been an epic main event for next year's WrestleMania and it really was the only realistic "dream match" I see left. It's just a big, epic moment lost forever.

Tazz Dan
04-07-2014, 01:30 AM
I'm not saying it had to happen. I'm just saying I'm disappointed that it won't happen. The "full-circle" story of Cena-Taker would have been an epic main event for next year's WrestleMania and it really was the only realistic "dream match" I see left. It's just a big, epic moment lost forever.

But is it really? I never seen it as a big mania match. I mean, I see where you're coming from, takers streak vs the biggest star of this era.

I just don't think it was needed.

BigCrippyZ
04-07-2014, 01:32 AM
I'm not saying it had to happen. I'm just saying I'm disappointed that it won't happen. The "full-circle" story of Cena-Taker would have been an epic main event for next year's WrestleMania and it really was the only realistic "dream match" I see left. It's just a big, epic moment lost forever.

Potentially yes. I think that comes from being an adult and/or fan for so many years. You come to see a lot of potential big, epic moments that could have happened. It does get a little frustrating.

Fignuts
04-07-2014, 01:34 AM
I'm not saying it HAD had to happen. I'm just saying I'm disappointed that it won't happen. The "full-circle" story of Cena-Taker would have been an epic main event for next year's WrestleMania and it really was the only realistic "dream match" I see left. It's just a big, epic moment lost forever.

Ok, Roy Batty.

#1-norm-fan
04-07-2014, 01:35 AM
I said in another thread, I don't really care about who has what to gain from beating the streak and how someone can "get over" from it. It was all gonna be about the moment. With Lesnar-Taker the moment is the shock, which will die down. With Cena-Taker it would have been two of the biggest stars of all time in the main event of WrestleMania in what would arguably go down as the biggest match of all time.

Fignuts
04-07-2014, 01:36 AM
Like 3 people will get that, but fuck it.

#1-norm-fan
04-07-2014, 01:36 AM
But is it really? I never seen it as a big mania match. I mean, I see where you're coming from, takers streak vs the biggest star of this era.

I just don't think it was needed.

Again, not needed. Wanted. I'm definitely not the only one who saw Cena vs. Taker for the streak as a big Mania match though. It would have been HUGE.

#1-norm-fan
04-07-2014, 01:37 AM
Like 3 people will get that, but fuck it.

I don't get it. And I don't feel like googling it. So I'll just assume it's an insult and say "fuck you".

Fignuts
04-07-2014, 01:45 AM
rude

jbizness
04-07-2014, 02:24 AM
Cena/Taker would've been gayer than Sisqo out in San Francisco. Thank who the fuck ever we never have to see that.

I understand DAMN iNATOR's sentiment, it was definitely the feeling at the party I was at from most of the smarks. But it HAD to end sometime and I think Mean Mark probably realized he just couldn't or didn't wanna do this shit anymore. It'd be incredibly ignorant to think he had no say in the matter. 21 isn't a number that matters, 30 is the one that counts. It was the end of an era at arguably the biggest Wrestlemania to date.

#1-norm-fan
04-07-2014, 02:26 AM
Cena/Taker would've been gayer than Sisqo out in San Francisco. Thank who the fuck ever we never have to see that.

I understand DAMN iNATOR's sentiment

These two thoughts coming from the same mind back to back is awesome.

Fignuts
04-07-2014, 02:32 AM
Wish Blitz was here. He would have gotten it.

My Final Heaven
04-07-2014, 07:46 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NoAzpa1x7jU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome scene :y:

Shadrick
04-07-2014, 09:18 AM

They did actually.