PDA

View Full Version : Undertaker appreciation thread - hail to the deadman

slik
04-07-2014, 12:04 AM
I love the Undertaker. Easily one of the greatest of all-time.

As of WMXXX it seems the deadman may have decided to hang it up for good. Would I have preferred him leave undefeated at WM? Yes. Would I have preferred he had a better final feud and final match at WM? Yes. Is it Taker's own fault (story-line wise) because he initiated the feud with Brock Lesnar? Yes.

But none of that matters.

Hats off to the Dead Man. Biker Taker and all. There will never be anything like the career of the Undertaker again.

Shisen Kopf
04-07-2014, 12:22 AM
Taker it easy

slik
04-07-2014, 12:33 AM
We will never get Biker Taker vs Surfer Sting now

...but we will always have the match in our hearts

The MAC
04-07-2014, 01:38 AM
what a waste ? on a washed up UFC fighter who doesn't plan to be around wrestling long.

Would have rather had roman reigns do it, or even sting -

not like this /JR

#1-norm-fan
04-07-2014, 01:41 AM
We will never get Biker Taker vs Surfer Sting now

...but we will always have the match in our hearts

I had that match in my heart. Sting won in 7 seconds. Riot happened. Lot of people died.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-07-2014, 01:42 AM
The Streak should have ended at WrestleMania VIII. Jake the Snake Roberts is the fucking man.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-07-2014, 01:43 AM
RIP the Streak and long live the legacy of the Undertaker. ohhh yeassssss

Jordan
04-07-2014, 01:58 AM
That was the most shocking pinfall ever. Amazing end to an amazing career.

OverTaker
04-07-2014, 01:59 AM
*DONG* HAS SHRUNK :o

The MAC
04-07-2014, 08:00 AM
Cena beat brock, Shawn couldn't beat taker twice, HHH beat brock but couldn't beat taker twice.

then brock beats the undertaker..

WWEs logic is worse than TNA (yes mother fuckers, I went there)

The Whole F'n Show
04-07-2014, 08:20 AM
I still believe they should have waited another year and let Bryan end the streak, but, such is wrasslin' :?:

theexample
04-07-2014, 08:26 AM
I love Taker but whether it's due to the dross he's been given to work against or his own ability, the gimmick has always been greater than the wrestler. Against
Angle, HBK, HHH and arguably Batista, he has really shown up and turned it on but watch most of the matches in his streak and they are dire.
The important thing, looking back, is the character and how he made it work when it could have been Wrestlecrap in the wrong hands.
I still believe Taker will face Sting and it will be better without the burden of the streak.

theexample
04-07-2014, 08:27 AM
Cena beat brock, Shawn couldn't beat taker twice, HHH beat brock but couldn't beat taker twice.

Taker was older. As the promo package said, his time was running out and he was facing his mortality.

road doggy dogg
04-07-2014, 09:13 AM

I fully and 100% agree, and await the moment when the Seattle Seahawks give the Arizona Cardinals their Super Bowl rings.

voncouch
04-07-2014, 10:21 AM
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think the original Undertaker gimmick was kind of a dumb idea. An undead wrestling zombie. How much longevity should that have? A year, maybe two?

But Mark Calloway, the performer, is just that fucking good. He took a concept that should have had a year's shelf life and stretched it out to 23. 23 fucking years in the same gimmick. He's changed a few things with the times. Updated the look, added moves, changed his style. But for 23 years, it's always been The Undertaker. And he's been either the main event or a featured act for over 20 of them. He's made careers and retired legends. There will never be another like him.

Rest in Peace, Streak.

slik
04-07-2014, 02:12 PM
I had that match in my heart. Sting won in 7 seconds. Riot happened. Lot of people died.

Did Sting deliver a cowardly and deadly Surfboard to the head pre-bell?

That is the only logical possibilty.

Emperor Smeat
04-07-2014, 03:10 PM
:y: Taker. Amazing career and tons of great moments just from his streak alone.

The MAC
04-07-2014, 03:46 PM
he should have won and then just retired undefeated. For everything is gave to wrestling, he should have had this one accolade.

Who did it benefit ?

WWE - The stock is lower than before the event (due to the network). Besides people bitching on the net (which brings in no real revenue).

Brock Lesnar - He is not an up and comer. He won't be around for long. He did not need a victory over taker especially since his monster heel run has more losses than anything else.

Undertaker : It wasn't his best match or opponent. The storyline was weak compared to the build ups in the past. If the idea was to make taker "mortal" then they got it but at the expense of his Wrestlemania legacy.

Maybe WWE just realises that the fans are wise to everything they do so now they are in "swerve" mode. Careful, remember WCW

KaosDarksol
04-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Just have him retire and put him in the HOF and we can be done with the undertaker

Corndad
04-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Something tells me he comes back for 1 more retirement Mania match next year and finishes out with a Win. If had to take a stab... The opponent will show up tonight and challenge a year a head like they did with Rocky/Cena a few years ago.

teamXtremist
04-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Yeah couldn't really tell if taker was playing it up and acting like he was on his last legs or if he really looks that bad in the ring.Last year I thought taker looked great but he was sure terrible at wm30.

Brock should not have won unless he plans on working full time until he retires and wants to capture a few more titles to cement his legacy .otherwise this seems like his gift for resigning with wwe

johnsmagic
04-07-2014, 07:33 PM
part of me died last night.... I know all good things come to an end... but this was not one of them... Not sure If Im more upset its over or the way that's it over... Brock was not the right choice

Fignuts
04-07-2014, 07:42 PM
Yeah couldn't really tell if taker was playing it up and acting like he was on his last legs or if he really looks that bad in the ring.Last year I thought taker looked great but he was sure terrible at wm30.

Brock should not have won unless he plans on working full time until he retires and wants to capture a few more titles to cement his legacy .otherwise this seems like his gift for resigning with wwe

Apparently the concussion happened early in the match. Could be he was just too out of it to put on a great match, and Brock doesn't have the experience to carry someone in that situation.

Taker it Easy
04-07-2014, 08:22 PM
We love you Taker

http://imgur.com/IGTwdzZ

Taker it Easy
04-07-2014, 08:22 PM
We love you Taker

http://i.imgur.com/IGTwdzZ.jpg

slik
04-07-2014, 10:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bkqa9IfCAAAV72k.jpg