PDA

View Full Version : Was Daniel Bryan's WM XXX Title win enough?

snakeboss
05-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Rumours are circuling that WWE are cooling off on Bryan and starting to believe it's just the "Yes Chants" that are over and not Bryan himself. Apparently they think Bryan peaked at Wrestlemania. My question is:

Is what we got enough for you as a Daniel Bryan fan?

Ever since Summerslam last year, I wanted Bryan to headline Wrestlemania and be champion, that was the ultimate goal.

Now that's happened, if Bryan were to be quietly shuffled down the card in a few months back to mid card, is what we got enough?

Ideally I'd like to see Bryan be the main man until at least Summerslam, but at least he did get that WM main event, not every WWE superstar gets that.

Mr Burns
05-04-2014, 05:11 PM
I believe they will do the wrong thing and take the belt off him at summerslam.

Curd
05-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Make Bryan hold the belt until Survivor Series and be a strong defender rather than a transitional champ or win-by-fluke champ.

Brigstocke
05-04-2014, 06:22 PM
I think they should cement Bryan as a worthy champ...then have him lose the belt to a cheating heel... hes at his best character-wise when he's chasing... but that will get old really fast if he loses the belt clean because he will no longer seem as strong.

WWE could play this see-saw for years without it getting stale... never pinned clean, never taps out, but loses the belt to dastardly tactics or blind luck/opportunism.

Emperor Smeat
05-04-2014, 07:04 PM
Is what we got enough for you as a Daniel Bryan fan?

Now that's happened, if Bryan were to be quietly shuffled down the card in a few months back to mid card, is what we got enough?

Yes and No. Short term it was great and Bryan got his Mania moment but long term it would be a sign of how badly the WWE squandered his potential as a big star if he got dropped that soon down the card.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Well to have him feud with Kane in a shitty, awful storyline as his first feud as champ suggests they're trying to sewer his run. I love Kane, but he's a gate keeper, he's where champions reigns go to shit if they feud with him.

Swiss Ultimate
05-04-2014, 10:10 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Swiss Ultimate
05-04-2014, 10:12 PM
I am about to circule in my pool. Love circuling.

Fox
05-04-2014, 11:32 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if the WWE moved Bryan back down the card later in the year, not cementing him as one of "the guys" in the WWE the way that Triple H, Cena, Orton, Batista and others have been "the guys." It would be a very fitting, Benoit-esque move.

But do I think that this is all he has to offer? Absolutely not. Bryan is a consummate performer. He has proven that he can basically work with anyone in the ring, and the fans legitimately love him.

What they need to do is elevate more guys he can work with into the main event. If only CM Punk were still around - a feud between the two in the main event would be amazing (I know they had a few matches during Punk's WWE Championship reign, but Bryan's character has matured a lot since then). Bryan against Cena, Orton, or Batista doesn't really ring that same bell. The only matches I'm really eager to see are Bryan defending against Bray Wyatt and Brock Lesnar.

If they were able to go and elevate guys like Cesaro, Ambrose, Rollins and Barrett into main event status, those could be some really good main event matches. But right now those guys aren't in any position to main event, especially against Bryan.

Curd
05-05-2014, 12:20 AM
I am about to circule in my pool. Love circuling.

Circule on my face, DTTS. :naughty: :eek: :p

James Steele
05-05-2014, 12:31 AM
...really?

Anybody Thrilla
05-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Bryan vs. Lesnar HAS to happen. It just HAS to. It should be for the title, as well.

Swiss Ultimate
05-05-2014, 03:31 PM
I can't believe they'd have Lesnar beat Undertaker and then do nothing for months.

Swiss Ultimate
05-05-2014, 03:35 PM
DB needs to keep overcoming the odds for about two more PPVs, then chase the title again with Lesnar as Champ. That will only work if Lesnar comes back on a full-time schedule for a good portion of time. Next Mania should have Lesnar VS. Bryan as the main-event with Bryan finally getting a win over the guy who ended Undertaker's Streak.

O/T When is CM Punk's contract up?

drave
05-05-2014, 04:35 PM
I can't believe they'd have Lesnar beat Undertaker and then do nothing for months.

They are desperately trying, by way of Heyman repeating himself 20 times a broadcast. Not taking anything away from Cesaro, but it sucks that each time the "Heyman guy" comes out, Lesnar has to be talked up just to remain relevant.

Also not discounting the Kane v Bryan match from Extreme Rules last night, but it was pretty pointless. Like "oh noes, Kane has his mask again, he is a BRAND NEW MONSTER" like last time.... o wait. Also, I could not give a single poo about the Kane v Bryan "build up" if that is what you wanna call it.

They could have taken Bootista's shit attitude and brought it to the forefront by having him declare he is better than Orton and/or HHH and have a #1 Contenders match/ triple threat to determine who faced him at Extreme Rules, that would have made more sense to me.

Swiss Ultimate
05-05-2014, 05:59 PM
This wasn't about anything but giving Bryan a win in the main event of a PPV against someone other than Triple H, Orton or Batista.

Part of me had fun with the idea that Kane could bust out Demon mode and become an unstoppable monster by putting on the mask. It was a good match too and made Bryan look vicious, putting a beat-down on a guy who can take ridiculous amounts of punishment and just sit up.

I would enjoy seeing Bryan get big one-month victories over the Russian dude (already forgot his name) and maybe Cesaro before moving onto Orton and Batista again, ultimately losing the belt in a really thought-out feud with Lesnar just so he can come back and get it back after an extended period.

Again, that's with Lesnar working a full-time schedule. Every Raw and most Smackdowns, and even beating a couple guys for the title like Big Show, Batista and Cena before losing it to Bryan again at Wrestlemania.

Outside of that I'd like to see Cesaro VS. Cena VS. Barrett for the IC title, Wyatts VS. Shield, Christian VS. Dean Ambrose for the US title and Ryback leave Axel to become a Real American.

Mr. Nerfect
05-07-2014, 04:15 AM
Bryan just beat Triple H, Randy Orton and Batista in the same night and is still tremendously over. I do not buy this talk of there being concerns he is not over. He manages to get the best work out of whoever he's out there with -- it's his time. Even if he loses the World Title tomorrow, the story will be about him getting it back. I could see this stuff with Stephanie McMahon and Brie Bella leading to Steph putting the pressure on Bryan by forcing him to choose between his title and his wife. Something like that could move the title off Bryan and allow him to still remain the "rightful" champion in the eyes of the fans.

I'm thinking that WrestleMania 31 next year could feature John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan as a main event. The WWE have done a great job of not reminding us of their great SummerSlam match, and the two have been kept separate for long enough to make me think that the WWE is planning on having an encounter between the two down the track. I'm also not sure I believe that Cena has headlined his last WrestleMania. Bryan winning the Royal Rumble and facing World Champion Cena would make sense. Brock Lesnar could be the champion until Cesaro costs him the title and challenges him for WrestleMania (with Heyman in the middle).

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-07-2014, 04:19 PM
They are trying to tank his title run. See: entire Kane feud.

Mr. Nerfect
05-10-2014, 01:38 AM
I don't see it as that. I see it as one last moment of glory for Kane.

Mr. Nerfect
05-10-2014, 01:39 AM
Also, the more the company try and tank Bryan, the more over he is going to get (see WrestleMania XXVIII). Booking him correctly might be the worst thing they can do to Bryan. That might be the weirdest sentence I ever typed on here.