PDA

View Full Version : Wolverene: the one man SuperMan can not beat?

Krispy Night
06-12-2014, 12:13 AM
What do you think? Who would win if they fought?

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2014, 12:14 AM
jajaja

Lock Jaw
06-12-2014, 01:00 AM
Superman can easily shred him to pieces and then atomize those pieces if he wanted to. No healing from that.

Rammsteinmad
06-12-2014, 02:54 AM
Yep. Wolverine is my second fave character of all time, but Superman would still win out in the end.

Blonde Moment
06-12-2014, 03:01 AM
That would be a shorter film then Bambi vs Godzilla

Mercenary
06-12-2014, 04:03 AM
Punisher can kill Wolverine as well

http://www.comicvine.com/wolverine/4005-1440/forums/wolverine-was-killed-by-punisher-668260/

Fignuts
06-12-2014, 05:46 AM
I think you're lost. Gamefaqs is that way.

Sixx
06-12-2014, 05:52 AM
Punisher can kill Wolverine as well

http://www.comicvine.com/wolverine/4005-1440/forums/wolverine-was-killed-by-punisher-668260/

That is not mainstream universe and in the mainstream universe such shit would not work to kill Wolverine. Pretty sure he's been electrocuted on multiple occasions. Only thing can kill him as far as I know is drowning from what they've stated in the comic books.

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Beheading.

Sixx
06-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Beheading.

Only with that special Murasama Blade or whatever it's called.

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2014, 12:47 PM
And it can kill him.

Sixx
06-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Yah.

JimmyMess
06-12-2014, 02:20 PM
I like when Hulk ripped him in half.

Sixx
06-12-2014, 02:25 PM
I like when Hulk ripped him in half.

I remember this, yet I don't remember exactly how he put himself together. I mean, he was crawling in the mountains in the snow looking for his lower half, found it and then what?

JimmyMess
06-12-2014, 02:29 PM
He spent a long ass time as a half a guy I think. Like 2 or 3 years haha. Not sure how he gets put back together either.

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2014, 02:51 PM
That comic literally took a few years to be completed when production stopped. It was a very strange mystery for readers.

Sixx
06-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Right, just looked that up on wiki.

Reading the plot doesn't help, though, it just says he "wakes up, fully restored".

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2014, 03:28 PM
I think he did have to crawl to his other half. I do wonder if long enough time past his body would just make a new half.

KIRA
06-12-2014, 03:49 PM
What do you think? Who would win if they fought?

Youre kidding I hope

Superman kinda has it all over Wolverine

Sixx
06-12-2014, 06:36 PM
I think he did have to crawl to his other half. I do wonder if long enough time past his body would just make a new half.

Yeah, that happenned in the first issue if I recall right. Still, did he just like put his spine back together and wait for it to grow together? Did that leave a crack at the adamantium in that place? Just don't like when they don't explain stuff at all.

Shit, I'm starting to sound like I'm gonna expect comic books to strictly obey the laws of physics next.

Sepholio
06-12-2014, 06:38 PM
Wolverine is being killed off this year. Superman is not.

Sepholio
06-12-2014, 06:39 PM
aka Superman wins.

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2014, 07:07 PM
I would hate it if comics wasted time explaining every little thing. I do not have time for that kind of exposition.

Mercenary
06-13-2014, 04:46 AM
I would hate it if comics wasted time explaining every little thing. I do not have time for that kind of exposition.

I hear you on that

SlickyTrickyDamon
06-13-2014, 05:29 AM

Superman was killed in like 1994. Logan wins.

Sixx
06-13-2014, 05:36 AM
Beat and kill are two different things.

Even if Superman couldn't kill Wolverine, Wolverine sadly gets his ass handed to him by pretty much everyone. It's kinda the way X-Force used to work, Wolverine would jump into battle, everyone would just fuck him up and the rest of the team would beat their asses.

Fignuts
06-13-2014, 05:44 AM
To be fair, his powers are made for showing him getting his ass kicked.

Sixx
06-13-2014, 05:47 AM
Kinda. Then again, they sometimes show him being a real badass and kicking ass all over the place, like that stuff in Origins where he'd crash a supervillain party hosted by Sabretooth, beat everyone there only to get his ass handed to him by some C-level villain the other time.

Fignuts
06-13-2014, 05:55 AM
I think the point of Wolverine is that no matter how bad he gets fucked up, he still keeps coming. Like, even if other characters had the same power, the trauma of the injuries would stop them. But Wolverine is so mentally tough that he can get ripped in half, put himself back together, and then keep going like it never even happened.

Innovator
06-13-2014, 09:19 AM
Couldn't Superman just shotput Wolverine into the sun?

Rammsteinmad
06-13-2014, 10:31 AM
Logan would shrug it off.

Nowhere Man
06-13-2014, 10:50 AM
The big problem with the whole "Superman vs. (x)" thing is that Superman-- and most of the top-tier superheroes in DC, for that matter-- were never built with that sort of arena-style mentality in mind. That didn't come in until Marvel, when Lee and Kirby and company added the soap-opera elements into comics and made more dysfunctional characters that could easily come into conflict with each other. DC's focus was always bent more towards epic-level adventure stories and puzzle-solving rather than interpersonal conflict, so all of their characters are based on superlatives-- Batman's not just a good crime-fighter, he's the World's Greatest Detective; the Flash isn't just fast, he's the Fastest Thing Alive; etc-- rather than their flaws and limits.

Superman's the go-to example with this, what with him being the guy who the entire superhero genre is based around. Even when they've rebooted him with watered-down powers, 'watered-down' by DC standards is still insane compared to other franchises. Post-Crisis Superman could still move entire planets and survive world-killing supernovas, not to mention move at nearly the speed of light. New 52 Superman's strength doesn't look like it's decreased, either-- a recent issue had him bench-pressing the equivalent weight of the entire Earth for five straight days before getting tired.

To put it in video game terms, Superman's not a PvP character, but rather a super-high-level PvE one.

All of that said, while Wolverine would be absolute toast in a fight against Big Blue, there are a couple of X-Men that have a chance. The really powerful psychic-types like Charles Xavier, Jean Grey, Hope Summers, and Quentin Quire stand the best chance, since Superman can't really out-run thought.

In a physical contest, the best bet would be Rogue, especially if she has the Miss Marvel powers she had in the 90s-- super-strength and speed and flight, as well as her power-absorbing abilities, she'd theoretically be tough and fast enough to get her hands on Clark long enough to drain his powers and take him out. It wouldn't be a sure bet, since Superman fights the Parasite all the time and he has basically the exact same powers as Rogue, but she'd probably give him the best fight out of all the X-Men.

RP
06-14-2014, 11:49 AM

Is wolvy really being killed off? Explain.

RP
06-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Couldn't Superman just shotput Wolverine into the sun?

If Superman could just shotput anyone into the sun, what's the point ? Why wouldn't he shotput everyone in the sun?

RP
06-14-2014, 11:59 AM
I feel like Superman isn't faster than time so if he came up against someone who can manipulate time, be could be beat.

Nowhere Man
06-14-2014, 12:19 PM
If Superman could just shotput anyone into the sun, what's the point ? Why wouldn't he shotput everyone in the sun?

Well, apart from the fact that it would be grossly out of character for him to casually murder people, he can't just chuck everyone into the sun; the DC Universe is full of guys who can either overpower him or subvert his powers one way or another. For as much as people complain about him being 'too powerful,' Superman's nowhere near the top of the heap in DC.

Rammsteinmad
06-14-2014, 12:33 PM
Is wolvy really being killed off? Explain.

I think it's a non-canon miniseries.

If it isn't... well, he'll be back at some point anyway.

Blonde Moment
06-14-2014, 12:45 PM
I think it's a non-canon miniseries.

If it isn't... well, he'll be back at some point anyway.

Its canon. The way it sounds his foes find out he lost his healing factor and decide to take him out. Odds are something will be done with him and I wonder if Claremont has something to do with it

JimmyMess
06-14-2014, 03:21 PM
if he lost his healing factor wouldn't he pretty much die from the metal in his system?

Kalyx triaD
06-14-2014, 04:11 PM
Actually yes. In fact it also answers why they don't just metal up everybody's bones who wants to be indestructible.

The Destroyer
06-15-2014, 04:22 AM
I thought he'd lost his healing factor again recently, so why isn't he dead?

JimmyMess
06-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Actually yes. In fact it also answers why they don't just metal up everybody's bones who wants to be indestructible.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/517/111/fbd.jpg

I know things!

Jura
06-15-2014, 02:41 PM
He could actually just grab Wolverine, fly into the middle of the Sun and stay there until all of him burns out of existence all the while Supes gets stronger.

if he lost his healing factor wouldn't he pretty much die from the metal in his system?

The adamantium bonded to his skeleton is actually poisoning him but his healing factor staves it off so when he lost the adamantium his healing factor was found to be really powerful but because of the constant healing from the metal poisoning it's weaker.