PDA

View Full Version : Far CRY 4

simplythevest
07-31-2014, 12:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE69TPrkfcQ

This game is going to be THE GAME in the way Skyrim was THE GAME.

HOly shit.

( i didn't see a thread hope i'm not wrong. )

Fignuts
07-31-2014, 12:50 AM
I think from a gameplay standpoint it's going to be more of a Far Cry 3 upgrade than a true sequel. I just don't think there's been enough time for it to be anything else.

Will still be really fun, but I wouldn't assume it's going to be on skyrim's level.

Purgatory
08-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Not even close. It pains me to say this because I absolutely love Far Cry 3. There's just no way it could ever be the next Skyrim.

road doggy dogg
08-05-2014, 10:03 AM
fus ro dah

Emperor Smeat
08-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Some new details include side missions that get activated once hidden tankas are found. These side missions include the ability to command a tiger to attack enemies as well as getting new skills as a reward once done.

Scattered around Kyrat are hidden tankas that, once discovered, allow the main character to meditate and travel to Shangri-La to relieve the life of a legendary warrior. You'll be transported to a surreal world with floating islands and you are equipped with only a bow and arrow to take on the enemies of these environments.

Oh, and you have a tiger that you can command to attack others. The tiger can also turn invisible.

There will be a handful of these levels spread across Kyrat. Completing them will give you new skills for the skill tree, but let's face it, you're largely going to do these levels to tell a tiger whose face to chew off over and over again.

In this particular we had to go free a bell of enlightenment that had been tied down by large chains. This is a fantasy realm, and the path to the bell is spread across floating islands. You'll have to go through teleporting doors to reach other islands, and along the way are these wild-looking enemies.

For the most part you can take them down with just your bow and arrow. There will be enemies that can't be killed with arrows, so you'll have to use your tiger buddy to distract these enemy types, giving you a chance to sneak up behind them and drive a knife into their skulls.

http://www.destructoid.com/command-a-tiger-that-can-turn-invisible-in-far-cry-4-279376.phtml

VSG
08-13-2014, 07:42 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WUhXSkjxZUg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Emperor Smeat
08-20-2014, 05:51 PM
This mini developer diary talks about giving players tools to tell their own stories through exciting things that just happen to happen.

Also, co-op now takes place in the main game world, seamlessly. When your friends come to join you, story-based missions are turned off, while co-op appropriate stuff stays on. When they bounce, it's back to story missions for you. If you're on PS3 or PS4, you can invite up to ten friends to the game, even if they don't own it themselves.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rD-8ha1YLno?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

simplythevest
08-22-2014, 04:35 AM
Have you guys seen the gameplay footage???

Emperor Smeat
08-25-2014, 05:33 PM
A couple of new details were recently announced.

According to the game's director, the Nepalese Civil War ended up being a big source of inspiration for Far Cry 4's story.
http://www.destructoid.com/far-cry-4-directors-drew-inspiration-from-nepalese-civil-war-280069.phtml

Far Cry 4 is certainly shaping up to have quite a colorful cast, with the eccentric self-proclaimed king Pagan Min and now his newly-revealed second in command, Yuma.

Yuma is a "deadly tactician" and acts as the general of Min's Royal Army, leading the militant forces occupying the war-torn region of Kyrat. And by the looks of things, she seems to share her boss' penchant for the color pink and dyed hair.
http://www.destructoid.com/ul/280081-/yumafarcry4-noscale.jpg
http://www.destructoid.com/meet-the-far-cry-4-villain-s-striking-right-hand-woman-280081.phtml

Heisenberg
11-19-2014, 09:01 AM
It's been the same pattern/story so far, and I'm ok with that.

Fignuts
11-19-2014, 08:37 PM
Yeah, most reviews have said it's basically Far Cry 3 with more bells and whistles.

Considering Far Cry 3 was amazing, that's not a bad thing.

The Rogerer
11-20-2014, 06:20 AM
Far Cry 3 was amazing for a bit until it quickly runs out of ideas, and the story is really dumb.

Ubisoft just can't help themselves putting out exactly the same thing over and over.

Emperor Smeat
11-20-2014, 05:31 PM
PS3 digital version currently suffering with some corruption issues while Ubisoft is working on a patch for it. Until it arrives, only thing that can be done as a quick fix is to delete and redownload the game again.

Some owners of the digital copy of Far Cry 4 for PS3 were stopped by a corrupted data message that wouldn’t allow them to continue the game. Ubisoft originally hinted that previous save data from Far Cry 3 or Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon may have been causing the issue, but an official fix has been added to the fully updated version of the digital copy.

Now users have to delete the current version of Far Cry 4 from their consoles – every last bit of data – and reinstall via digital download. PS3 players may have to start over, but the good news is that previous Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon data are completely safe.

PS3 owners who have a physical copy of the game should not be affected. Ubisoft said it found only owners of the digital version were affected by the data corruption bug.

PC version also has issues but not as severe as the PS3 version.
Far Cry 4 PC version players discovered that connected external USB devices were causing the game to hang and crash to a completely black screen. Once other external USB devices were removed, the game worked without issue. Other users have reported closing applications that handle USB device controllers also fix the hanging crash.
http://www.screwattack.com/news/solution-far-cry-4-digital-ps3-data-corruption-delete-and-reinstall

In another case of people with pirated copies being exposed really easily, Ubisoft states they know exactly who has played with a pirated copy due to a very specific complaint about a feature not being available in pirated copies.

In a clever move by Ubisoft, Far Cry 4 pirates have made themselves known publicly by complaining on social media. Whether intentional or not, the field of view scroller was left out of the retail build, only to be patched in on day one. So when users took to Twitter to complain about the option, game director Alex Hutchinson made it clear to PC players that “if you're online complaining about the lack of FOV control ... You pirated the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-19-far-cry-4-users-complain-about-lack-of-fov-controls-reveal-themselves-to-have-pirated-game

VSG
11-20-2014, 06:29 PM
lol Blood Dragon refusing to die off despite Ubisoft not making a sequel.

As far as that pirated copies with no FOV slider, apparently the crackers had that patched up and running even before the game was officially released. Not that I condone piracy- especially with all the PC sales all the time.

Fignuts
11-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Installing now wooooooo

Heisenberg
11-21-2014, 12:56 PM
I have been hunting the whole time. I had minimal time to enjoy the game this week and the weekend looks promising.

I wanted to skip the main story and go for towers, I like to open the map, but it won't let me at this time. I am forced to do the main mission I believe.

I am taking the hunting route to build up my crafted items and have a good load on me to take into battle. I accidentally ran a rebel over last night driving to a spot where I could mark beasts, I fell terrible about it and didn't get karma taken away.

Fignuts
11-21-2014, 06:48 PM
This game is gorgeous too.

The animals especially have improved quite a bit. Not just in appearance, but also in how they act and their animations.

The Destroyer
11-23-2014, 07:47 AM
Fucking eagles.

Fignuts
11-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Seriously. Haven't despised eagles this much since Ninja Gaiden.

Also, I am killing badgers with grenades now, because fuck badgers.

drave
11-23-2014, 04:44 PM
Seriously. Haven't despised eagles this much since Ninja Gaiden.

Seriously this. Fuck you level 6-2

Level starts at 1:23

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RcXlETxFLqo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heisenberg
11-25-2014, 01:45 PM
The Honey Badger almost killed me, I thought it was a skunk from far away, had to pee a lot when i skinned it and saw the name. I was trying to pet it.

Fignuts
11-25-2014, 02:25 PM
Pagan Min is hilarious.

"Who is even lighting all these fucking candles!?"

VSG
12-08-2014, 12:12 AM
Maybe it's because I just got done with Shadow of Mordor but I keep wondering why Ajay Ghale can't seem to climb some walls that are clearly shorter than others he can. Also, fuck the eagles, the Dholes and the Honey Badgers.

ClockShot
12-08-2014, 06:16 AM
Not a fan of the story. I got a general idea how it's gonna go at the end.

However, Love the crime scenes where you gotta look for the mask. Damn things take me a while to find in such a small radius.

VSG
12-08-2014, 01:36 PM
So is there a particular area where the Badgers frequent? Need 3 of them for the arms wallet.

Fignuts
12-08-2014, 02:03 PM
Look on the map. They have pictures of the animals wherever they are most frequent. If there is no Badger picture, then I don't know what to tell you.

VSG
12-08-2014, 03:19 PM
That's what I meant- no picture of the badgers despite me having killed them before.

ClockShot
12-09-2014, 07:55 AM
The first area of the game, go to where the Bhalal area is and throw bait. They'll always come or you'll hear the rebels fighting them off.

Also, keep your ears open for a deep chirping sound. That means one is close by.

Heisenberg
12-09-2014, 01:30 PM
So is there a particular area where the Badgers frequent? Need 3 of them for the arms wallet.

I killed a pack of dogs, got a phone call, forgot to pause the game, sat there for 4 minutes, felt my controller vibrating on my crotch, looked up and there was 2 honey badgers who had total disregard for my well being and then after surviving those two another one hid behind a dog carcass and attacked the piss out of me.

Far Cry 4 rules

VSG
12-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Got a bunch of them today, including the white Gulo or whatever but still 1 short because toxic skins and the game don't like each other :D

Kris P Lettus
12-15-2014, 08:39 AM
I had played the first one a bit so I impulsively bought this the other day. It's ok but they make the whole interface pretty hard for someone who didn't play 3. The driving controls are horrible. I don't want to give up on it yet so I'll give it some more time.

Fignuts
12-15-2014, 10:37 AM
omg, hit a badger with my grenade launcher and it's corpse went flying off a cliff.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo satisfying.

VSG
12-16-2014, 06:14 PM
I had played the first one a bit so I impulsively bought this the other day. It's ok but they make the whole interface pretty hard for someone who didn't play 3. The driving controls are horrible. I don't want to give up on it yet so I'll give it some more time.

I actually played FC 3 after FC 4, and appreciated the many subtle game mechanics re-worked in the newer one. Crafting was a pain in 3, esp health syringes and arrows. Also, fuck off with syringes having to occupy the same slots as grenades, molotovs and special arrows.

ClockShot
12-16-2014, 09:36 PM
God damn legendary honey badger. Took me 3 drums of LMG ammo to take the little fucker down.

ClockShot
12-20-2014, 07:59 PM
Really wanted to save Noore. Hate games where it's sorta a lose/lose situation.

Fignuts
12-20-2014, 11:24 PM
Same dude.

ClockShot
12-28-2014, 09:10 PM
Hate this story soooooooooo much. Gonna be glad when I platinum this.

I miss Vaas. :'(

Heisenberg
03-16-2015, 08:47 AM
Picking the lady in the Golden Path storyline over the dude that thinks his way is the best way or take the highway, sucka.

Heisenberg
03-16-2015, 08:47 AM
Still haven't made it up north, I don't like that, I can't move up there yet cause it blocks me.

drave
03-16-2015, 08:58 AM
As in future DLC blocking or "sandbox block" b/c you aren't supposed to interact with the perty scenery.

Heisenberg
03-16-2015, 09:18 AM
The North is DLC???

drave
03-16-2015, 10:05 AM
I asked a question, so I dunno. Never played the game.

I saw some Yeti DLC shit, North in most games includes mountainous regions/zones, Used Nerd gaming logic to come to said conclusion.

Heisenberg
03-16-2015, 10:17 AM
oh, block, scared me

It's different from Far Cry 3, they had an island for the last part, this land is one big glob and they have you progress the story to get further, I wanted to take over and explore the map in full before going into the story, but it's an adjustment that is manageable

drave
03-16-2015, 10:55 AM
Got it. Kinda like Shadows of Mordor, having to progress the story to access certain areas/missions.