PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty, Titanfall, FPS as a whole.

Eklipse
08-19-2014, 10:30 AM
I loved Call of Duty. Even more, I loved Titanfall. FPS was the main genre of games that I played for 5 years or so. Thoroughly enjoyed online multiplayer, playing with friends, etc.

I haven't played Titanfall, Call of Duty, or any other FPS in months. With the exception of Destiny. (played the beta. liked it a lot) I like the RPG element thrown into shooters.

Honestly, I think I'm burned out on the genre all together. Completely. I can't see any time in the near future where I will actually want to play FPS.

Is anyone else burned out on the genre? Do you think the market for the FPS genre is getting to be too much? (Guitar hero, rock band, for example)

Big Vic
08-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Me too I like Call of Duty but doing one once a year burnt me out, It pisses me of that as soon as the next one comes out They say "fuck it" and let hackers take over the previous version (at least they did for MW2 on PS3) plus I am tired of learning new maps every year.

Off topic:
One of my favorite series Smash Bros comes out with a game like every 7 years, and each one feels like a treat.

Sixx
08-19-2014, 12:08 PM
You're an a whole.

road doggy dogg
08-19-2014, 02:47 PM
Was never a big FPS guy to begin with, but it's always been keyboard+mouse or bust (on dem titties) for me

drave
08-19-2014, 02:48 PM
I feel like CoD ruined FPS once it became an annual title. I also believe the BF4 is leagues above any recent CoD title.