PDA

View Full Version : WWE vs TNA

Simple Fan
08-23-2014, 07:54 PM
This is not at thread hoping the two face off on Mondays again but simply to talk about what people like more about WWE. I watch both every week and a lot of weeks(to me) TNA has a better show. WWE blows them away with the production aspect with having a sold out crowd in big arenas across the country but TNA has a better in ring product when it come to matches. What is it about TNA that doesn't draw viewers. Is it the lack of advertising? I don't know but they do put on good shows.

Ruien
08-23-2014, 08:21 PM
I have limited TNA experience but I watched their main event on Wednesday and it was a terrible ending by one wrestler literally stopping, turning around, and waiting for the other wrestler to start climbing the cage. Made me cringe that even Tazz was like, 'why is he just standing there watching'.

Destor
08-23-2014, 08:26 PM
You're basically asking us to tell you why you're wrong about what you like more. You like TNA more because they have more highspots? ok, great. You like the fed more because of the production value? good for you. theres not a wrong answer.

Simple Fan
08-23-2014, 08:49 PM
Never said any thing was wrong. I was just wanting to know why people perfer to wath WWE and not TNA. I like both was just stating a few things that I liked about each.

Bad News Gertner
08-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Owenbrown hates coons

XL
08-24-2014, 01:56 PM
TNA genuinely has more going on from top the bottom. They can build a guy within their own universe. A lot of their guys would be nothing in WWE but in TNA they are built to mean something, and for the most part remain that way. Guys like Bully Ray, Bobby Roode, James Storm have all come through the ranks and have been kept strong since making it to the top.

TNA has more storylines across the board, they attempt to make everything/body interesting. Do they hit the target every time? Nope. But it's better than they half-baked, stop-start nature of how WWE book most of their stuff.

Also, their in-ring stuff is better than WWE's for the most part.

I think if people invested a bit of time getting into or "attached" to TNA they might enjoy it more.

On the flip-side, you can't compete with the production value if WWE; everything feels more important. WWE also benefits from years and years of people having affection for the brand. I watched WWF when I was 8, I'm still watching now that I'm 30; it's a part of my life and probably always will be.

Because of that TNA will never compete with WWE, even if their product was legitimately and consistently better.

Personally I don't which I prefer; I enjoy parts of each show.

owenbrown
08-24-2014, 02:00 PM
Owenbrown hates coons

vintage Gertner :y:

The Rogerer
08-24-2014, 05:53 PM
TNA is bad. I get to watch TNA for free, and as a result I actually didn't bother watching WWE for quite a few years. Every episode of Impact I'd feel bored and confused and disinterested and just think "Oh well I mustn't like wrestling any more".

Then I actually watched a couple of Raws and got back into the WWE full time, straight away.

So I'm sick of this 'take the time' rubbish. I regularly put TNA on, just like I do now, and they cannot hold my attention. I'm always baffled by the TPWW love for this bland show.

Simple Fan
08-24-2014, 07:24 PM
Maybe because were wrestling fans.

Simple Fan
08-24-2014, 07:29 PM
Imapct last week was not bland at all. They had alot of entertaining matches and the knockout put on one hell of a last knockout stand match.

road doggy dogg
08-25-2014, 01:25 PM
WWE : TNA is like... Friends/Seinfeld : whatever crap was on at 8:30

same product, but worlds different

Ultra Mantis
08-25-2014, 01:35 PM
There is something about the presentation and production quality of TNA that I find really off putting, it's almost unpleasant to look at and listen to. I actually found it much easier to stomach before Bischoff came in.

itsmeJD
08-25-2014, 06:55 PM
I prefer the finesse of the OCW product personally.

Simple Fan
08-25-2014, 07:31 PM
Hope your talking about Oldschool Championship Wrestling.

Rollermacka
08-26-2014, 12:58 AM
For me, I DVR both products but I watch them each for particular wrestlers I enjoy as opposed to each product as a whole. For WWE (in no particular order) I watch The Wyatt Family, Barrett, Sheamus, Rybaxel, Rusev, Roman Reigns, Gold and Stardust, Cesaro and possibly Kofi Kingston. For TNA I watch EC3, Bram and Magnus, Lashley, Austin Aries, the Wolves, Roode, Joe, the Menagerie, sometimes Anderson or Gunner. To watch the products as a whole are hard (especially with DVRs) so I just pick who I like and watch them.

hb2k
08-26-2014, 05:48 AM
Neither product is particularly hot right now. TNA's biggest problem is that they scorched the earth with their audience, and they've convinced the entire wrestling fanbase that nothing they do matters. It will have no consequences, it will not make the product hotter, nobody will actually become a bigger star, nothing. So their show is just filler content. 2 hours that pass by in front of dead eyes.

WWE, while not great lately either, does still have the ability to make new stars, they still have devices people see as important and can therefore have an emotional investment in, and that gets them a pass at times when it comes to the quality of all three hours of Raw.

Clerk
08-26-2014, 07:25 AM
TNA of course. Better storylines characters and matches. Also better Divas. No debate whos better.

Uncle Barbecue
08-26-2014, 10:13 AM
I can't really say that I hate TNA, I just don't have any desire to watch it. These "good matches" everyone seems to be talking about are just 40 highspots and finishers from the stretch of times I have watched. I guess I don't really care about technical masterpieces or acrobatics as much as I do getting mentally invested in a match, which WWE does for me.

I just prefer WWE. I hear the "TNA has better matches" argument all the time but that's simply not the only thing I care about if I can't get behind who's actually having the match.

EDIT: Did TNA really have a storyline about a pregnant crackhead once? Jesus.

MrSmokeydogg7
08-26-2014, 10:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3H04TqEyE4

TNA Wrestling is a joke.

Uncle Barbecue
08-26-2014, 11:07 AM
Other than the couple of times I've watched on TV, the most of TNA I've seen is from this thing on YouTube called "Botchamania." They are on there ALL the time and it's usually pretty funny. Anyone else heard of it?

XL
08-26-2014, 05:27 PM
No. Please tell us about these "Botchamania" you speak of.

Shisen Kopf
08-26-2014, 05:29 PM
I've heard of Gotchamania that the uber fans of Frank Gotch used to call themselves but never botchamania. Also, if you haven't vote shisen for king of the forum yet please do so. Thank you.

thedarkness214
08-26-2014, 07:50 PM
Russo 0wnz ,,TNA ,,0wnz WWE

Simple Fan
08-26-2014, 11:57 PM
Im really gonna piss you of with this but oh wee. Russo is nothing but cancer to the business. How many other writers have chants calling for thier fireing. He was big headed and just wanted himself on tv. If it wasnt for him TNA might get watched more then it does. All he ever did was get on Vince's side for a while and then quit because of Smackdown being to much work. Then proceded to run WCW out of business and decided it would be cool to name a company after tits & ass. Russo is nothing but a writer that tried to promote himself.