PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown SPOILERS - Aug. 29th

slik
08-26-2014, 10:29 PM
1 - SmackDown kicks off with Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt. Reigns wins by disqualification when Erick Rowan and Luke Harper attack him. The Wyatt Family beats Reigns down until Big Show and Mark Henry make the save.

2 - Seth Rollins defeated Rob Van Dam.

3 - Paige defeated Emma. After the match, AJ Lee came out with a box of chocolates. This leads to Paige spitting a piece of candy back at Emma but AJ picks it up and eats it.

* Corporate Kane announces we will have a six-man tag tonight in the main-event.

4 - Rusev defeated Jack Swagger after Bo Dallas distracted Swagger with his inspirationalism. Bo attacked Swagger after the match.

http://media.tumblr.com/3d668ee2ccd00fedd75cda4e05212bc7/tumblr_inline_n8etutucuy1sy8zi1.gif

* A promo ran for a new wrestler named Dan Manson. His gimmick appears to be that of a fun-loving overweight man who has a real hard-ass of a wife. He also dresses very Goth-core.

5 - Jey Uso defeated Stardust. After the match, Stardust and Goldust beat down The Usos.

6 - Sheamus defeated Damien Mizdow. The real Miz runs from Sheamus after the match but Dolph Ziggler comes out and throws him back in the ring. Miz dodges a Brogue Kick and runs through the crowd.

7 - Roman Reigns, Big Show and Mark Henry defeated The Wyatt Family in the main event. Reigns, Show and Henry posed on the turnbuckles to end SmackDown.

Shisen Kopf
08-26-2014, 11:07 PM
Oh, oh, I think we all know what's coming next...

#1-norm-fan
08-26-2014, 11:35 PM
Wyatt Family's turn to job to the handful of guys the writers wanna focus on for a couple months before we're supposed to pretend they're a threat again. Awesome.

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-26-2014, 11:39 PM
Not sure if this is tape worthy. Have alot of other stuff on the plate on Friday.

Shisen Kopf
08-26-2014, 11:40 PM
Can't wait for this Dan Manson guy. Hopefully he'll rassle Owen White.

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-26-2014, 11:41 PM
Fucking Horseshit main event. So, The Shield couldn't beat The Wyatts but Big Shit, Reigns and Henry could? Sort of shits on Ambrose and Rollins man.

Emperor Smeat
08-26-2014, 11:44 PM
Like the idea of Sandow being Miz's stunt double if that does end up lasting for a while. Get a new tag team and Sandow has some sort of direction for a while at least.

This Dan Manson sounds like a swell guy. Could easily become the future "greatest thing since slice bread" ultra mega star the WWE will need for the post-Cena era.

Lock Jaw
08-27-2014, 12:00 AM
Fucking Horseshit main event. So, The Shield couldn't beat The Wyatts but Big Shit, Reigns and Henry could? Sort of shits on Ambrose and Rollins man.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... that happened more than two months ago. Thus, it never happened and doesn't matter.

Tazz Dan
08-27-2014, 12:11 AM
I wish I lived in a world where we all just accept that we're never going to be happy with the booking, and just deal with it instead of complaining in every *insert show* thread every week.

Maybe I'd be okay with it if the people complaining also praised the booking as much when things were good, every time, but that never happens.

And yes I know we all have the right to complain, and this is a forum etc, but doesn't anybody else get to the point where it's not worth the energy anymore? And just enjoy the show they're giving us as much as we can?

#1-norm-fan
08-27-2014, 12:23 AM
No.

#1-norm-fan
08-27-2014, 12:26 AM
These guys get paid a shitload of money to do nothing more than make horrible, glaringly pointless, scatterbrained, and more often than not clearly effortless decisions that basically ruin the fun of an otherwise very enjoyable form of entertainment. The least we can do is mock them publicly.

And I'm not assuming you were speaking directly to me when you said this, but I'm pretty quick to praise when something is good. Hell, I was one of the few who was praising the Stephanie-Brie feud for it's continuity and the fact that it seemed like someone was actually putting effort into trying to write out compelling events throughout the story to build drama. It's just that when something happens that is so obviously shit that could be fixed with 2 seconds of logical thinking and effort... I mean... these are technically professional writers. It's insane to even think that that's the case most of the time.

Ruien
08-27-2014, 12:37 AM
I don't see a problem with the moan event. You have two former champions, who are giants, with the emerging Roman Reigns defeating a trio with only one current star.

#1-norm-fan
08-27-2014, 12:44 AM
My only problem with the main event is coupled with Raw how it's continuing the endless cycle of pushing guys for a short time, then using them to put other guys over (who have gone through this same cycle repeatedly themselves), then trying to build them back up as if they're a threat again, and so on... and so on...

And before you know it, Cena's getting old and we're still looking for a new star because NO ONE has been built as a remotely continuous threat over the past 10 years other than guys who escaped the lazy booking cycle by leaving and coming back as a part timer.

Tazz Dan
08-27-2014, 01:25 AM
These guys get paid a shitload of money to do nothing more than make horrible, glaringly pointless, scatterbrained, and more often than not clearly effortless decisions that basically ruin the fun of an otherwise very enjoyable form of entertainment. The least we can do is mock them publicly.

And I'm not assuming you were speaking directly to me when you said this, but I'm pretty quick to praise when something is good. Hell, I was one of the few who was praising the Stephanie-Brie feud for it's continuity and the fact that it seemed like someone was actually putting effort into trying to write out compelling events throughout the story to build drama. It's just that when something happens that is so obviously shit that could be fixed with 2 seconds of logical thinking and effort... I mean... these are technically professional writers. It's insane to even think that that's the case most of the time.

Dude, it's not all about you. If it was directly at you, I would have quoted you. I just get tired of walking into thread after thread and seeing bitching and moaning about the booking. We can't fix it, so why not just suck it up and accept it. Sulking to each other isn't going to change anything.

I don't go into the TV forum and see people complaining about a bad scene on other TV shows, and if there is something, it's nothing like what the wrestling fans cry about. At the end of the day they're both shows. And both on TV. And both have writers being paid lots of money.

Tazz Dan
08-27-2014, 01:26 AM
I apologise straight away. I read that as 'I assume this was directed at me'. My bad.

Tazz Dan
08-27-2014, 01:26 AM
I could edit my post and play dumb, but I'll stand up and admit I read it wrong and it was a mistake.

#1-norm-fan
08-27-2014, 01:29 AM
I'm assuming the mistake and the noble "I'm gonna stand up and admit my mistake" was all another cleverly manufactured situation to show you're worthy of KOTF. Not gonna campaign, my ass. I see through you, Tazz Dan. I see through you.

Tazz Dan
08-27-2014, 01:31 AM
I'm not campaigning...

On an unrelated note, did you see the video Chris Jericho texted me saying people should vote for me?

Destor
08-27-2014, 01:32 AM
If poeple didnt bitch we wouldnt have any posts. Praise threads are boring. FLAME ON BITCHES.

#1-norm-fan
08-27-2014, 01:34 AM
Let me know when you've got Johnny Curtis campaigning for you. Then we'll talk.

Tazz Dan
08-27-2014, 01:37 AM
Nothing wrong with bitching. But bitching about the same thing over and over and expecting it to change by bitching on here..... It just gets old.

Anyhow I'll be dead soon and won't have to worry about it.

Destor
08-27-2014, 01:40 AM
Nothing wrong with bitching. But bitching about the same thing over and over and expecting it to change by bitching on here..... It just gets old.

Anyhow I'll be dead soon and won't have to worry about it.then i'll just be left bitching about that :'(

Lock Jaw
08-27-2014, 01:44 AM
Nothing wrong with bitching. But bitching about the same thing over and over and expecting it to change by bitching on here.....

By George, he's right! We won't change anything this way.... we need to start an online petition!!

Tazz Dan
08-27-2014, 01:54 AM
Maybe somebody could start a blog?

Shisen Kopf
08-27-2014, 09:06 AM
why does there always have to be bitching about the bitching? Why?! Makes me so sad when people's complaining gets interrupted by complaining about complaining. Makes me want to give all of you a great big....

UGH!

XL
08-27-2014, 06:42 PM
Legit got excited at the segment with Dan Mason. Thinking "Well here's something different". Then I realised.

owenbrown
08-27-2014, 09:28 PM
Maybe somebody could start a blog?

what are you trying to say, Tazz Dan? :shifty:

Fignuts
08-27-2014, 09:41 PM
I get what you're saying Tazz Dan. I've taken the "relax and enjoy it" stance for some time now. Few years ago, me and CSL got our jollies from laughing at all the stressed out armchair bookers that were on here.

But even I can't just "relax and enjoy" the last year I've been watching. For every great moment like bryan winning at mania' there are a dozen things that just don't make sense, some of which are even borderline stupid.

I guess my point is everyone's got their breaking point.

#1-norm-fan
08-28-2014, 02:47 AM
If WWE produced as many genius ideas as they did brain dead "You have to be retarded to think this is doing any good for anybody" ideas, then I'm sure the positive remarks would be more level with the negative ones. But they don't. So when you're on a message board designed for talking about wrestling and the only major company is producing mostly retarded stuff, that's what's gonna be talked about. It's that or nothing.

Sepholio
08-28-2014, 02:59 AM
Next week Bray Wyatt destroys 3/4 of the Raw/Smackdown roster before jobbing in a 30 second squash to Cena.

GD
08-28-2014, 03:35 AM
I highly dislike Swagger's recent losing streak. I want him to destroy Bo and make him humble. I've officially stopped caring about Kane.

Destor
08-28-2014, 04:42 AM
Next week Bray Wyatt destroys 3/4 of the Raw/Smackdown roster before jobbing in a 30 second squash to Cena.
that would be understandable...hard not to be exhausted after all that

DAMN iNATOR
08-28-2014, 10:12 AM
I highly dislike Swagger's recent losing streak. I want him to destroy Bo and make him humble. I've officially stopped caring about Kane.

Yeah, about that...I think he's still busy trying to find a way to take down Rusev. I'm sure Bo will get his in due time, but it will just have to wait for now.