PDA

View Full Version : 5 Essential Feuds: Sting

Vastardikai
09-29-2014, 04:09 PM
Probably not going to be a regular thing, but I wanted to do something like this for Sting and see if there's any feedback.

5. Eddie Gilbert: When Sting left Hot Stuff International due to public demand (he was getting cheers as a heel member of the group when Rock went to Texas to become Dingo Warrior), not much is known how it would end up, but he would go on to become one of the two people to survive the buyout of the UWF unscathed (the other being Jim Ross).

4. Great Muta: He was only supposed to pass through the territory on his way back to greater stardom in Japan. What ended up happening was that he irritated fans with his diabolical tactics including the mist, and shocked them with an explosive style that few people had seen up to that point. Add to that the fact that he also painted his face and you had a perfect rival for the Stinger. Muta actually got the better of Sting on many occasions, including the WCW pay per view in Japan, as well as ending his TV Title reign.

3. Cactus Jack: Despite his relative demotion after the disastrous Black Scorpion angle, Sting actually kind of floundered a bit (fuck you, Jim Herd). In an attempt to regain his heat, they decided to feed him to monsters. One of them being Jack. Little did they know, Mick Foley was incredibly charismatic, and was able to push Sting in the ring differently than many of his other rivals at the time could.

2. "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan: This was WCW's principal feud during the Monday Night Wars. The fact that the end was so cluster fucked killed the whole thing, but Sting's war with Hogan and the nWo was epic.

1. Ric Flair: This is the guy who "made" Sting. It was the Main Event of the first Clash of the Champions and the final Nitro. The former match was the legendary 45 minute time limit draw that turned Sting from the up and coming new star to the next huge face of the company. And it would be against Flair that he would win his first World Title.

Add some of your own (I know I missed Luger, Rude, and Vader), as well as comment on what I had mentioned.

slik
09-29-2014, 04:11 PM
Rick Rude - His "biggest" rival other than Hogan and Flair over the years.

Lock Jaw
09-29-2014, 04:17 PM
Sting/Vader also real good

Hanso Amore
09-29-2014, 08:39 PM

This is all I thought of outside of flair when I read the title.

Vader and Sid too

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-29-2014, 11:56 PM

Yeah but he ended Rude's career with botch. So best not to mention this feud.