PDA

View Full Version : Turn Randy Face for Survivor Series

el bobbo
10-05-2014, 07:31 AM
Survivor Series is going to take place in St. Louis, Randy's hometown. There is already drama going on with him and the rest of the Authority. We know there will not be anyone really taking the belt away from Lesnar until Wrestlemania. Randy still gets his 1-on-1 rematch that he never got.

I think it's time for the company to call an audible and have this match. A lot of people want to see it and it will be something out of the ordinary for the company to do.

Thoughts?

Shisen Kopf
10-05-2014, 08:53 AM
El Bobbo is el righto. I agree. we want boring face Randy not boring heel Randy.

Damian Rey
10-05-2014, 09:48 AM
He should have never turned to begin with. He's awful as a heel. Felt like his best work came after his face turn and move to Smackdown.

JimmyMess
10-05-2014, 09:53 AM
Maybe this time he will get to perform in St. Louis and not get his dumb ass suspended.

screech
10-05-2014, 09:57 AM
He should have never turned to begin with. He's awful as a heel. Felt like his best work came after his face turn and move to Smackdown.

I agree that he should be face at some point from all this, but he is a much better heel. Bends the rules, gets help to win, displays general chickenshit-ness. Exactly what a bad guy should be.

#1-norm-fan
10-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Face Orton on Smackdown when he was feuding with Christian and Henry was just a natural. He did the little badass face things to get the crowd going during his matches so effortlessly. After he lost the title he didn't even need to be involved in a storyline for the crowd to get into his random matches with Jack Swagger or someone. There was an old school feel to his character. This heel run has been abysmal.

I kinda wanna see Wyatt vs Orton at WrestleMania.

Simple Fan
10-05-2014, 12:55 PM
I would like to see him go back to punting everyone in the head face or heel.

Innovator
10-05-2014, 12:59 PM
He already plays together crowd like a face, might as well go all out

Shadrick
10-05-2014, 01:59 PM

Randy? Awful as a heel?

Anybody Thrilla
10-05-2014, 04:06 PM
That was a good face run for Randy, but you guys have to be joking to think that he's not best as a heel.

Anybody Thrilla
10-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Nothing he has done has been as good as The Legend Killer. He was also beast mode when he first started punting people.

Emperor Smeat
10-05-2014, 04:28 PM
I agree that he should be face at some point from all this, but he is a much better heel. Bends the rules, gets help to win, displays general chickenshit-ness. Exactly what a bad guy should be.

Agree about him being better more as a heel than as a face for his runs. His current heel run has been pretty bad overall but he's had more face runs that became flat really quickly.

Anybody Thrilla
10-05-2014, 04:55 PM
He's just been booked poorly during this run. It's not his fault.

#1-norm-fan
10-05-2014, 05:08 PM
I agree this run has been mainly because of horrible booking.

But people act like he's CLEARLY so much better as a heel. If nothing else, it's a discussion. Seriously, he was getting over with NOTHING OF NOTE to do as a face. He was just so good at playing to the crowd, it was ridiculous. HE even prefers being a heel. But his recent face run was so good. It was the little things. Hitting a power move on a heel and then standing up and motioning to the crowd as if to say "Yeah, I know. I'm awesome" while they relished in it. He had that subtle edge as a face that Cena lacks and tries way too hard sometimes to capture.

He was great during the legend killer heel gimmick. But he's a different man now. They'd have to build credibility back to bring that aura back. As a face, there's not nearly as much effort that needs to be put into getting him over. Let him crush some midcard heels and give a cocky grin to the crowd as he does it here and there and you're golden.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Randy? Awful as a heel?

Is funny because not true.

Except for obvious babyface things like RKOs out of "nowhere" he's great as a heel.

#1-norm-fan
10-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Oh yeah. RKOs out of nowhere are also pretty great instant face pops.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-05-2014, 06:09 PM
Yeah but its a Persian flaw in a pretty much a perfect heel. He doesn't do anything else well as a face. He's an unlikable asshole. I love him.

#1-norm-fan
10-05-2014, 06:10 PM
No, he does plenty more well as a face. Better than nearly every other face in wrestling. See above.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Goofy reactions after RKO doesn't triumph him being the Lord Voldemort of the WWE.

#1-norm-fan
10-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Seriously, go watch a meaningless Orton-Swagger match from Orton's post-championship face era and tell me how many other faces can get a crowd that involved in a match without shit to work with. Not many. He had a Christmas themed No Holds Barred match with David Otunga where he did the same thing. The man was just walking around eating cookies during the match. And the crowd loved it. He had that intangible that the crowd ate up. He was the most perpetually over face in the company whose name was not "John Cena" and people loved it.

Anybody Thrilla
10-05-2014, 06:27 PM
I did mark out a little bit during that Otunga match. It was embarrassing, and I was watching alone.

KIRA
10-05-2014, 06:29 PM
I said before, as a face Randy didn't really change a damn thing about himself he just switched who he targeted,in fact he was a lot quieter and didn't slap hands with fans coming down the isle and people ATE HIM UP. He didn't suck as a face until he became more overtly good and smiling ect.

He was a lot like Ambrose in that he is a face only because the people he interacts with are complete assholes and thus it makes him something more akin to an anti-villain.

Mr. Nerfect
10-25-2014, 02:24 AM
#1-wwf-fan is right on Orton. I would often forget he was actually a part of the roster, he was so directionless, but audiences ate up everything he did. If he beats John Cena cleanly and then RKOs Seth Rollins on RAW as pay-back for his Curb Stomp, RKOs Triple H due to his frustrating protection of Rollins, and RKOs Kane for coming after him for RKOing everybody else in a suit -- Orton will be instantly so fucking over as a face. Watch the shirts fly off the racks and rake in the money.

Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton at Survivor Series would be a great story to tell. Triple H and Seth Rollins can put together a Survivor Series team to battle John Cena and Dean Ambrose. PPV booked.

Mr. Nerfect
10-25-2014, 02:41 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2524011/split-jump-fist-pump-o.gif

XL
10-25-2014, 09:30 AM
Orton needs something. I just feel the whole Authority angle (all 18 months of it) shouldn't be a vehicle to get him over.

Mr. Nerfect
10-25-2014, 10:14 PM
I felt that way around this time last year when they began to move Daniel Bryan into the program with Bray Wyatt, and Big Show took up the fight against The Authority. Orton's evolution would make sense however.

Mr. Nerfect
10-25-2014, 10:16 PM
I'm actually thinking it might be better to have Ambrose and Cena both win their HIAC matches, and Cena is on cloud nine that he's the #1 Contender. Cue Dean Ambrose crashing the party and telling John Cena that he won his match, and he beat Cena to earn that match, so it's only fair he gets a title shot. Lesnar vs. Cena vs. Ambrose at Survivor Series would have that joker's wild element with Dean Ambrose in there. It continues the story between Cena and Ambrose, and allows fans to get used to seeing Ambrose in high profile matches.

Orton can then face Seth Rollins in his hometown and win with an RKO outta nowhere.