PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

Vastardikai
10-15-2014, 05:22 PM
Again, going to go bold with the ones I think will go in, italicize the ones I think SHOULD.

Nine Inch Nails: Fan vote has them higher than everyone else. Will likely be the one "Industrial" band going in.
Stevie Ray Vaughn: Should go in, amazing guitarist.
Kraftwerk: Not a fan, but they are influential. I can see them getting snubbed.
Green Day: No. Just no. But will go in. Fun fact, Black Flag, still 0 nominations.
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts: Absolutely should, and just might. But much of her success came on her own terms, so probably won't.
Bill Withers: Amazing singer, should go in. For some reason isn't and likely won't make it this year, either.
Lou Reed: I don't like to speak ill of the dead, but this guy was overrated as a musician. I only know of one solo song of his, and it's meh. But he's a critical darling and is, and as thus a lock.
The Smiths: I am not a fan, but they accomplished quite a bit in their short time. I'd say they're significant enough to go in. Plus, seeing as how Morrissey is sick, I can see the Rock Hall giving them the sympathy vote.
Sting: I can believe it, but his solo stuff was mostly boring. Doesn't deserve it, but will likely get it.
Paul Butterfield Blues Band: These guys can't catch a break.
Chic: See Paul Butterfield Blues Band. Only difference being that I would like them to go in.
W.A.R.: I like "Lowrider" as much as the next guy, but I don't see it.
N.W.A.: Not a rock band, but they are influential and as such, I can see them going in.
The Spinners: Not familiar with them off-hand. Could get in, but not this year.
The Marvelettes: I've seen them at least once, but not likely this year, either.

Rammsteinmad
10-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Are Rush and Deep Purple still not in the Hall of Fame? If not, then this list is completely void.

Vastardikai
10-16-2014, 02:55 PM
Rush is. Deep Purple isn't.

The Mask
10-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Kraftwerk, Bill withers, chic and NWA aren't even rock. Stupid.

Blue Demon
10-17-2014, 10:10 PM
There are a lot of artists in who aren't Rock N Roll....this might as well be called the "Music Hall of Fame"

Blue Demon
10-17-2014, 10:11 PM
Here's the list thus far:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rock_and_Roll_Hall_of_Fame_inductees

Sixx
10-18-2014, 11:01 AM
Not a fan of Deep Purple, but I can't believe they're not in yet.

The Mask
10-18-2014, 01:37 PM
Yeah you'd think smoke on the water would make it a given.

Vastardikai
12-16-2014, 02:55 PM
An Update:

Inductees have been announced:

Paul Butterfield Blues Band (very surprised by this)
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts (pleasantly surprised)
SRV and Double Trouble (again, pleasantly surprised)
Bill Withers (Didn't expect him, either. Certainly deserves it, though)
Lou Reed (Knew it was going to happen, meh.)
Green Day (Again, knew it was going to happen, and this one is horse shit.)

The Condor
12-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Lou Reed and SRV are the only deserving ones in my eyes.

Rammsteinmad
12-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Honestly, seems like a pretty crap class to me.

Sixx
12-16-2014, 05:52 PM
Oh, for fuck's sake, Green Day?

Vastardikai
12-17-2014, 10:11 AM
And again I'd like to point out that Black Flag: 0 nominations, Minor Threat: 0 nominations, Bad Brains: 0 nominations, Corrosion of Conformity: 0 nominations

Evil Vito
12-17-2014, 10:32 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Green Day being in was expected but just feels so weird and makes me feel old more than anything else. I mean I loved Dookie and Nimrod but...really?</font>

The Condor
12-17-2014, 10:53 AM
Are the Pixies in, or even close to being nominated? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Seth82
12-17-2014, 12:11 PM
happy to see Stevie Ray, Lou Reed & Bill Withers getting in.

I was a bit surprised at first that SRV wasn't in it yet.

really happy about Bill Withers. I honestly didn't think he'd ever make it in.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dpQN5eIheZw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I figured Green Day would make it in. They haven't been all that interesting in years.

I was disappointed that The Smiths & Kraftwerk didn't make the cut this year.

once again bands like Grand Funk Railroad, Journey, Foreigner, Deep Purple, Judas Priest & Chicago are all but ignored.

dronepool
12-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Green Day and no NIN? Meh.

Bobholly138
01-12-2015, 11:33 AM
And again I'd like to point out that Black Flag: 0 nominations, Minor Threat: 0 nominations, Bad Brains: 0 nominations, Corrosion of Conformity: 0 nominations

Has Johnny Thunders,Dead Kennedys,Television,Patti Smith,The Germs,X,the Dictators or the New york dolls gotten nominated or been voted in yet? If not and Green Day,who have put out 2 good albums,are in it is a fucking shame. I figured Black Flag was in already. As far as Minor Threat,they did nothing that puts them above any other upper tier punk band from that era. And Ian is a bit of a self righteous douche.He is to blame for all the Straight Edge assholes that did nothing more than fracture the fanbase and in some cases are more violent and cause more problems than non Straight Edge people.