PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question...

Kane Knight
05-19-2004, 02:50 AM
Anyone notice a Swastkia sign in the crowd at Raw?

Black and Silver design, I can't remember when.

I can't believe that, given the signs my friends have been banned form taking into arenas, that a swastika could be allowed in, so I'm telling myself I musta misseen it or something.

Rock Bottom
05-19-2004, 02:53 AM
That would be a Triple H sign, I think. Which actually seems grimmer than the former. :lol:

Kane Knight
05-19-2004, 02:55 AM
Well, Triple H already has the iron cross and German eagle...

I think :meh: and :wtf: best deescribe my feelings there.

Rock Bottom
05-19-2004, 02:56 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if the WWE had a Jew vs. Nazi angle though.

The Show Off
Didn't you know the WWE's new press release...

"We at World Wrestling Entertainment would like to say we don't like jews, so from now on the WWE stands for 'We Want Extermination'"

Rock Bottom
They get their ideas from the TPWW discussion forum sometimes I hear

Kane Knight
05-19-2004, 02:57 AM
Didn't you know the WWE's new press release...

"We at World Wrestling Entertainment would like to say we don't like jews, so from now on the WWE stands for 'We Want Extermination'"
:lol:

No, wait, that wasn't funny. :|

PureHatred
05-19-2004, 03:01 AM
Just an extension of Triple H's quasi-neo-nazi symbols.

http://ourworld.cs.com/MightyKrendall/TripleHIsANazi.jpg

Corkscrewed
05-19-2004, 03:04 AM
you're sure it was a Swastika and not the Buddhist symbol right?

I wouldn't be surprise that security missed it... they're terribly stupid.

Kane Knight
05-19-2004, 03:13 AM
you're sure it was a Swastika and not the Buddhist symbol right?

I wouldn't be surprise that security missed it... they're terribly stupid.
Actually, I'm not even remotely sure.

That's why I'm asking.

I did think I saw it. But I'm far from sure.

BLaZeR-
05-19-2004, 03:45 AM

LoL...Triple H: The French-American Nazi.

ItsTimeForAChange
05-19-2004, 05:11 AM
Yeah, I saw it, black with a silver swastika, it was in the background in the Orton/Benjamin segment. I just figured it had like HHH wrote in the middle or something, and was something making fun of his iron cross symbol and all that.

Tornado
05-19-2004, 05:31 AM
<font color=#33ffff>Does anyone have a picture of it?</font>

The Mackem
05-19-2004, 05:57 AM
This weeks Raw?

I bet the guy thought he was really funny.

spd10000
05-19-2004, 12:14 PM
There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. :shifty:

KillerWolf
05-19-2004, 12:23 PM
[font=Century Gothic][color=green] Well, Triple H already has the iron cross and German eagle...

i noticed that too

Kane Knight
05-19-2004, 01:26 PM
This weeks Raw?

I bet the guy thought he was really funny.
Prolly thought he was fu</>cking hilarious. Or maybe he was protesting...We saw how well THAT works. :shifty:

I still have Raw on tape, so I'll try and get a crude pic of it using my webcam ( I can't screencap or anything), so people know what I'm talking about. Now that I know where to look, I can go find it.

Kane Knight
05-19-2004, 01:27 PM
i noticed that too
Yeah, his new shirt was brought up here before in terms of comparison, too. What's that they say? Once is a coincidence, two is a conspiracy?

Loose Cannon
05-19-2004, 02:07 PM

lmao, how do you do stuff like this?

Kane Knight
05-19-2004, 02:14 PM
I took a shot at a picture of it. I don't even know how well this will show up for everyone, but heregoes.

It's over Shelton's shoulder.

Loose Cannon
05-19-2004, 02:15 PM
RANDY ORTON :)

Kane Knight
05-19-2004, 02:16 PM
http://tpww.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1547&stc=1

See if it shows up better when not attached, but linked.

Jonster
05-19-2004, 02:23 PM
Shows up the same, but it's visible

Azriel
05-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I see it. Perhaps someone was trying to do the HHH cross and just did it wrong.

John la Rock
05-19-2004, 02:58 PM
ya I saw it too. It's a shame

OssMan
05-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Wow, I remember that it was only on the screen for about a second, and I tried to look for it again. How did you get a picture so quick? And yes, security misses a lot. I brought a few signs in a bag to a PPV and he just looked in and said "just don't bring something bad"

Kane Knight
05-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I see it. Perhaps someone was trying to do the HHH cross and just did it wrong.
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/graphics/swastika.jpg

http://shopzone.wwe.com/shopzone/en_US/images/31077pi.jpg

:?:

How do you confuse the two?

Corkscrewed
05-19-2004, 07:21 PM
Yeah, it's a Swastika all right.

Security lets THAT in but not stuff that "degrades" certain wrestlers? :roll:

Kane Knight
05-19-2004, 07:23 PM
Wow, I remember that it was only on the screen for about a second, and I tried to look for it again. How did you get a picture so quick? And yes, security misses a lot. I brought a few signs in a bag to a PPV and he just looked in and said "just don't bring something bad"
:lol: That must be how he did it. Just brought a bunch of signs or something.

Around Mass, my friends have gotten shit for some signs that really shouldn't have been a problem.

I didn't really get a picture quick. It's now Wednesday. :D I don't have a working digital camera or scanner, so I used my shitty webcam to snap a shot of the screen...Unfortunately, it's low-res, off tape, and Adelphia's a shitty cable provider (Digital? HA!).

Anyways, this was next to a HHH sign. I couldn't pause my VCR in a position where I could get both signs, though. Camera angle and a shitty VCR.

Ferocious
05-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Slightly off topic I know but, rep to the guy who managed to get in with the 'HHH is holding down my other sign' sign.

Batsu
05-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Yeah, it's a Swastika all right.

Security lets THAT in but not stuff that "degrades" certain wrestlers? :roll:

Oh yes, how quickly we forget the era of "no Rock-bashing signs"!

it must have been that one time someone snuck in a "F The Rock" sign.

Flight 411
05-19-2004, 11:25 PM
I was in the 5th row at raw and i saw the sign the section above. A mexican kid who looked about 16 years old was holding it up and once it was taken away he held up a mexican flag instead. I should have worn my Jew pride shirt.

OssMan
05-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Did you say anything to him?

Kane Knight
05-19-2004, 11:28 PM
I was in the 5th row at raw and i saw the sign the section above. A mexican kid who looked about 16 years old was holding it up and once it was taken away he held up a mexican flag instead. I should have worn my Jew pride shirt.
Yeah, looked like he whipped it down pretty fast.

Mr. JL
05-19-2004, 11:33 PM
Oh yes, how quickly we forget the era of "no Rock-bashing signs"!

it must have been that one time someone snuck in a "F The Rock" sign.
Or the "Die Rocky Die" signs

laydownlow
05-19-2004, 11:36 PM

Best way to get wahtever sign you want on tv is to stick markers in your shoes and bring blank posterboard. After you get inside all you gotta do is avoid pissing anyone off and drawing attention to your sign :D

Savio
05-19-2004, 11:38 PM
By Richard Gray on May 19, 2004 at 5:03 PM EST

According to several fan reports who attended last night’s SmackDown taping, security was very strict on the signs that they fans have. Apparently they were taking signs left and right and were extremely strict on what kind of messages they let be portrayed. There was also a problem with people wearing shirts with the old “WWF” logo on them. If someone was spotted wearing a shirt displaying the old logo, security forced them to turn it inside out, this is something that WWE can simply not help due to the court case that they lost.
-------------------------------
Did more people turn nazi because of the sign?

Dave Youell
05-20-2004, 04:04 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if the WWE had a Jew vs. Nazi angle though.
So they ARE bringing back Goldberg then! :eek:

Kane Knight
05-20-2004, 12:53 PM
So they ARE bringing back Goldberg then! :eek:
Stealing my lines. :nono:

Stickman
05-20-2004, 01:41 PM
I remember watching Raw and seeing the swastika and not really think anything about it, but having an odd feeling about something and not being able to put my finger on it. It was really weird.