PDA

View Full Version : When (if?) Daniel Bryan comes back, what do you expect to happen with him?

Anybody Thrilla
11-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Daniel Bryan's placement at the top of the card was pretty apparent around Wrestlemania 30 (we're going to pretend the subsequent title feud with Kane never happened), but injuries have thrown multiple wrenches into the works as of late (Reigns and Barrett, too). Newer faces like Rollins and Ambrose have been emerging out of necessity, and one could argue that they have picked up a considerable amount of steam.

Now that the WWE World Heavyweight title picture currently seems to involve Brock Lesnar, John Cena, and SORTA Randy Orton and Seth Rollins (to an even lesser extent), do you see Daniel Bryan being thrust directly back into the main event upon his return? Or will they stick him in another feud with Kane? Do you think he'll still be as over as he was when he left when he comes back?

Let's speculate.

Lock Jaw
11-05-2014, 01:01 PM
I see them giving him one shot at the title, which he loses, and then subsequently doing their best to keep him at Ambrose/Wyatt level of "not quite main event, but is involved in high profile feuds for no titles"

screech
11-05-2014, 01:35 PM
I don't think he will be as over as he was when he left. People got behind him during his chase for the title because they wanted to see him get it (and his WrestleMania moment). That's not something that can be replicated, since he's already gotten the big win.

He's a fan favorite, though, so he'll get plenty of love if he returns. Upper midcard mainstay, possibly.

whiteyford
11-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Like to think they'd bring him back for the surprise pop, either in a smart city or Washington, to present it as a huge moment and build from that, if it's presented as the second coming of Christ the casual audience is much more likely to buy into that. Wouldn't necessarily want to see him getting a title shot straight away, have him chase it again, that's how he got over, build to the title match as opposed to giving him one as soon as he comes back.

JimmyMess
11-05-2014, 01:39 PM
Daniel Bryan will have a limited return and then end up having to go out before he wanted to ala Edge.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-05-2014, 02:21 PM
I'm guessing DB, regardless of how he does, will have a position with the company for a long time. Maybe not on screen, but given his knowledge and ability, I can't imagine that he isn't hired as a trainer or an agent.

I'm guessing IF he comes back to in-ring action, what they do with him depends on his response. If he is still super over, I would say upper midcard. If the reaction dies down, I could see him turning and having a Christian style "you forgot about me, you stopped caring about me" heel run. If he does that, I could see him still being in the main event.

Heisenberg
11-05-2014, 02:31 PM
I expect a really good Gruden Grinder type of reunion with not only the fans, but with DB bringing back CM Punk and they go on to have a good, long feud........

Realistically, they are going to manage the amount of bumps that he takes upon returning. He could benefit from just winging the rest of his career, he doesn't always have to maintain a John Cena type of longevity.

Rammsteinmad
11-05-2014, 03:09 PM
I still wanna see him return and win the Rumble.

Sepholio
11-05-2014, 03:39 PM
I don't think he will ever be as big as he was again, but I imagine he will get at least one title run because of how he went out after the big win.

I guess I feel like almost all his momentum is gone now though. When he finally returns in a year or so, sure, he'll get a big pop. But in the end....people will still be chanting CM Punk way louder during every other segment.

RiX1024
11-05-2014, 03:50 PM
Busy midcarding and being limited just in case he gets injured again. I'd love to see him make an appearance at the Royal Rumble, doubt that'll happen.

Simple Fan
11-05-2014, 04:17 PM
jobber

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Fail Troll is fail.

Emperor Smeat
11-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Now that the WWE World Heavyweight title picture currently seems to involve Brock Lesnar, John Cena, and SORTA Randy Orton and Seth Rollins (to an even lesser extent), do you see Daniel Bryan being thrust directly back into the main event upon his return? Or will they stick him in another feud with Kane? Do you think he'll still be as over as he was when he left when he comes back?

Yes at being back in the main event scene considering how weak it is with big star names.

Probably goes back to his general feud with the Authority considering the stuff they've done to Brie while he's gone.

I'd say yes at him still being really over considering he still gets huge pops whenever his name gets mentioned or the YES! chants are invoked.

Mr. Nerfect
11-05-2014, 06:25 PM
If live audiences even get a whiff of Daniel Bryan's name being mentioned, they break out into massive "YES!" chants. Part of me is willing to concede that, yes, some of it is probably just the chant's momentum -- but there is no denying that Daniel Bryan is still a universally beloved talent.

If Bryan returned in time for it, there is no better choice to win the 2015 Royal Rumble. I'm not trying to bash Reigns, but he just hasn't clicked as a one man destroyer yet. And it's not because the company hasn't tried. It's just where he is. I've said it before and I'll say it again -- I think the best choice is for Bryan to be the guy to unseat Lesnar, and then for Reigns to win the title off Bryan. DB can spend the rest of his career having great matches with almost everybody and making stars by just getting in the ring with them.

Damian Rey
11-05-2014, 08:05 PM
I don't think Bryan's momentum will be lost. He was red hot when he left, the way he dropped the belt and was abruptly gone from television will lead to an enormous reaction, by today's standards, and will regain momentum towards a possible ascension back to the top of the card. At least for a makeup run to finish what was started.

FourFifty
11-06-2014, 12:09 AM
Assuming he can return in peak or near peak physical condition I could see him return with one, maybe two mid/upper mid card programs before winning a title shot which puts him in the main event.

I'm kinda hoping that WM32 has Lesnar/Bryan on it.

Mr. Nerfect
11-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Bryan wasn't just red hot; he was white hot.

Mr. Nerfect
11-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Let's say Bryan misses the Rumble but can work WrestleMania.

I'd hope for a match against someone like John Cena, Cesaro or Seth Rollins.

#1-norm-fan
11-06-2014, 04:51 PM
The smart thing to do would be to have him come back gunning for the title he never lost and then get screwed out of it by someone who he shifts his attention to to slowly ease him out of the title scene. Kinda like they did when he shifted away from the authority and feuded with Bray Wyatt.

Mr. Nerfect
11-06-2014, 04:54 PM
That was horrible though. Felt like a complete avoidance of the pressing points in the journey of Daniel Bryan.

Mr. Nerfect
11-06-2014, 04:54 PM
A pissed-off Cesaro gunning for Bryan and trying to keep him out of the WWE World Title picture would be a fun story though. That's if you absolutely couldn't use Bryan in the main event.

#1-norm-fan
11-06-2014, 05:03 PM
It wasn't horrible. Wyatt-Bryan was awesome despite that weird part where he turned heel for a week. If they had someone going for the title that the crowd could get behind while rooting for Bryan in his separate feud instead of assuming they would all cream over Batista for some reason, it would have been fine.

#1-norm-fan
11-06-2014, 05:08 PM
WWE's mistake was that they fucked Bryan out of the title so much that they made it seem like he HAD to end up overcoming in the end. Despite the fact that it clearly wasn't the plan. Once they did that and said "here's Batista to save the day" the crowd was like "Umm... no. We don't give a shit about him. What about that guy who's been scratching and clawing for 6 months to regain the title?" That's why Bryan vs Sheamus and Batista going for the title at WrestleMania would have never worked. They needed to end the "Bryan going for the title" story and shift him to someone like Wyatt way sooner instead of teasing it so much that it inevitably had to end with giving him the title.

Shisen Kopf
11-07-2014, 07:58 AM
I would like to see him return as a heavily armored battle midget.

Heisenberg
11-07-2014, 09:05 AM
His recovery/prescence has still been strong outside the ring. It feels different from everyone else's injury vacations. I guess they are doing that with Roman Reigns too. I always remembered it being special when wrestlers returned from a long abscence.

erickman
11-07-2014, 09:46 AM
best thing to do is bring him back post mania maby let him speak at mania, give him a fued with jamie noble that would be good to get the rust out.

Anybody Thrilla
11-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Jamie Noble, though? Are you being serious?

screech
11-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Show Jamie Noble some respect!

drave
11-07-2014, 11:29 AM
No.

Anybody Thrilla
11-07-2014, 11:42 AM
I love Jamie Noble, and I'm sure he'd have great matches with Daniel Bryan, but his current position in the WWE power rankings is slightly below a can of tuna.

Anybody Thrilla
11-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Jamie Noble's feuds with Spanky and Chuck Palumbo were both awesome, for the record.

Anybody Thrilla
11-07-2014, 11:44 AM
JAMIE NOBLE BOY!

Anybody Thrilla
11-07-2014, 11:44 AM
But seriously, no.

screech
11-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Loved his feud with Chuck Palumbo

screech
11-07-2014, 11:57 AM
What if they fought over Nidia?

Anybody Thrilla
11-07-2014, 11:59 AM
It wouldn't be believable that two people would be attracted to Nidia.

screech
11-07-2014, 01:03 PM
It would if those two people were Jamie Noble and Daniel Bryan.

Sixx
11-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Isn't that guy on sort of a Gerald Brisco/Pat Patterson in The Corporation level?

Some kind of a bodyguard/enforcer for The Authority who always gets his ass kicked?

erickman
11-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Isn't that guy on sort of a Gerald Brisco/Pat Patterson in The Corporation level?

Some kind of a bodyguard/enforcer for The Authority who always gets his ass kicked?

that would be the reason for the fued

Sixx
11-07-2014, 01:24 PM
Why?

Did Steve Austin feud with Brisco or Patterson? Like one on one?

Franchise
11-07-2014, 11:35 PM
Not sure on this one. I just want to see him back first!

but I don't think it will be the dizzying heights of wm 30 and if the injury is as bad as the stories suggest and he returns say early next year, spring etc, I suspect the Authority storyline will have reached its conclusion or certainly "defeated" i.e. I don't suspect and wouldn't want to see another Bryan v The Authority storyline. He'll probs be on of the top draws but I think 2015 will be a quiet year for him assuming he is back to full fitness.

I think Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt will be the big draws of 2015 and both will hold the WWE title at some point, I tip Wyatt to win MITB, Reigns to win the RR and then win the title at WM 31 as it should have been this year.

Anybody Thrilla
11-08-2014, 05:48 AM
You may not be wrong, Franchise, but personally, I hope Roman Reigns either gets a LOT better or gets found the fuck out.

screech
11-10-2014, 06:37 AM
Did Steve Austin feud with Brisco or Patterson? Like one on one?

This would have been hysterical

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-10-2014, 06:58 AM
Jamie Noble, though? Are you being serious?

He's a former ROH World Champion son! Show him some damn respect.

Clerk
11-10-2014, 07:54 AM
ROH aint shit fag

Jordan
11-10-2014, 02:17 PM
I fear that Daniel Bryan's biggest days are behind him. WWE should work on a way to bring him on screen like they did with Austin. Maybe Daniel Bryan gets made the authority if Team Authority loses at Survivor Series.