05-19-2004, 07:43 AM
Posted on 5/19/104 by Kevin Malton

Smackdown and Velocity taping results
Las Vegas, NV
By Kevin Malton of http://www.wrestlerevolt.cjb.net

Velocity

(1) Scotty II Hotty defeated ?

(2) Mark Jindrak pinned Paul London.

(3) Hardcore Holly & Billy Gunn beat The Bashams.

Smackdown!

Eddie Guerrero came out and challenged Bradshaw to a re-match. Bradshaw was about to agree when Kurt Angle interupted. Angle made Eddie, RVD and Mysterio vs Bradshaw and the Dudley Boys for later in the show.

(1) Rico and Haas defeated Stamboli &Nunzio.
Good reaction for Rico and Jackie.

(2) Billy Kidman wrestled Akio to a no contest.
Mordecai ran in to destroy both men.

(3) Chavo Classic defeated Spike Dudley and Chavo Jr to become the new Cruiserweight champion.

(4) Booker T pinned Funaki.
Before the match, Booker said he wanted a re-match with Taker.

(5) Rene Dupree beat John Cena via count out.

Eddie is jumped by JBL in the back.

(6) JBL & The Dudley Boys defeated Eddie Guerrero RVD and Rey Mysterio.
Eddie only came out for the finish as he was attacked by Bradshaw prior to the match. Very good TV match. Lots of heat. When Eddie finally came out, he hit the triple verticals on D-Von before collapsing. Bradshaw quickly tagged himself in and gained a pin on Eddie.

Dave Youell
05-19-2004, 07:45 AM
Oh dear god, what are they doing!

Jonster
05-19-2004, 07:50 AM
Thanks Dave, I was about to look.

Sounds bad though.

HankScorpio
05-19-2004, 08:00 AM
WTF??!!! that sounds absolutly terrible, I'll probably still watch it tho, boy I'm a sucker.

Goldbird
05-19-2004, 08:02 AM
You spoiled Smackdown for me. :nono: But nvm, i will skip this episode.

HankScorpio
05-19-2004, 08:05 AM
^^^
it said "spoilers" what did you think reading it would do??

Goldbird
05-19-2004, 08:07 AM
Oh come on, i was just joking

HankScorpio
05-19-2004, 08:10 AM
I know that, No-one could be that dumb, how could anything ruin smackdown more than actually watching it. LOL

Sephiroth
05-19-2004, 08:23 AM
I am beginning to like Mordecia :-\

HankScorpio
05-19-2004, 08:25 AM
me too, I hope they manage to develop some good Feuds for him

big_bluto
05-19-2004, 08:31 AM
WTF?
:rant:
Is Stephanie still writing the script for the cruiserweight matches?
If that's the case then Chavo, Jr needs to suck some McMahon co</>ck to stop the madness!
Yet again, Cruiserwieght title devalued!
How long do you think it'll be before a blind, one-legged midget in a clown costume, and riding a tricycle pins Chavo and becomes CW Champ?
:nono:
*Bluto shakes his head in utter disgust*

This is bollocks! :mad:

Tornado
05-19-2004, 09:06 AM
Well its pretty obvious the WWE think the C/W title is just a joke...:mad:

LK
05-19-2004, 09:20 AM
Tell me I did not just read that

The Mackem
05-19-2004, 09:22 AM
Did Chavo Classic turn on Chavo?

LK
05-19-2004, 09:23 AM
(3) Chavo Classic defeated Spike Dudley and Chavo Jr to become the new Cruiserweight champion.

Tell me I did not just read that :nono:

Goldbird
05-19-2004, 09:34 AM
Simply comical.

Azriel
05-19-2004, 09:48 AM
That show sounds pretty sucky

El Santo
05-19-2004, 09:57 AM
After all the bloodloss, I'm surprised Eddie was at the show. Take a break to recuperate, man!

Other then that, I'm a bit perplexed that Holly & Gunn were on Velocity, then on Judgment Day, and now knocked back down to Velocity. And our former Cruiserweight champ Jacqueline is nowhere to be seen. Mind you, I didn't any of the above belonged on the JD card in the first place; I just can't believe how clueless the bookers are right now.

Loose Cannon
05-19-2004, 10:27 AM
lol, that's all we could do now with the Crusierweight Title. It's finished. But the Mordecai segment looks cool. Maybe he'll tell Kidman to join his cause.

Thelivinglegend
05-19-2004, 10:41 AM
It seems like the writers are doing anything to keep true cruiserweights from holding the title like rey mysterio, ultimo dragon etc, first jacquelin(sp?) and now Chavo JR, who the f-uck next?They not only know how to bury wrestlers, but titles to!

Jonster
05-19-2004, 11:01 AM
Yet again, Cruiserwieght title devalued!
How long do you think it'll be before a blind, one-legged midget in a clown costume, and riding a tricycle pins Chavo and becomes CW Champ?
:nono:
Next week :shifty:

The Icon of Elisim
05-19-2004, 11:07 AM
Sounds pretty awful to me. I don't like when they continue this many fueds from a ppv (Cena-Dupree, Taker-Booker, RVD and Mysterio-Dudleyz, Eddie-JBL)

I personally think that they should have done something bigger with Mordecai, wether it have been a promo or a fued with a bigger name.

And the CW bit sounds absolutely awful

KillerWolf
05-19-2004, 11:49 AM
yeah, i think the last thing anyone wanted to see was a continuation of Taker/Booker. or Eddie/Bradshaw for that matter. :nono:

Marc the Smark
05-19-2004, 11:57 AM
lame :nono:

Nark Order
05-19-2004, 12:02 PM
Michael Cole needs a Cruiserweight Title run....

Thelivinglegend
05-19-2004, 12:19 PM
^please don't give them any ideas! Oh shit! Too late...

Marc the Smark
05-19-2004, 12:20 PM
Michael Cole needs a Cruiserweight Title run....

Yeah, they might as well. I mean, all the good cruiserweights they have now, and they give the belt to Jacqueline?!?

Thelivinglegend
05-19-2004, 12:22 PM
^and chavo SR

c4g2
05-19-2004, 10:23 PM
Goddamnit how can Chavo Senior be the Cruiserweight champ when he can't even move moderately fast in the ring?

Gah.

Innovator
05-19-2004, 10:35 PM

YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN REY IS IN A TAG TEAM FEUD!!!!!!

MVP
05-19-2004, 10:54 PM
That's one of the worst cards I've seen since world undesputed champion posted his fantasy PPV threads.

Corkscrewed
05-21-2004, 02:26 AM
A few comments on the show:

- Since Jackie winning the belt totally destroyed any and all remaining credibility, I actually found Chavo Classic's win pretty hilarious. I was against it first, but the way they played it out was pretty comical.

- Eddie passing out at the end was the realization of an idea I've had to create a little suspense on the show. The idea would be to mix a bit of reality into the kayfabe when doing an injury. Most of the time, when a wrestler gets hurt in the ring, it's pretty obviously fake, but I thought it'd be interesting if a wrestler got injured (in my scenario, the wrestler was actually taken out and missed the next few months) and it seems extremely realistic, even to, say, smarks. That was it tonight. The Dudley's, who've been super untame, were confused and concerned, and even JBL was kind of speechless before making a quick pin, but he didn't gloat about it, or at least they didn't show it. To a smark, that could have been construed as him getting the pin to end the match ASAP so Eddie could get help (as if he had really suddenly collapsed). Good suspense, and good blurring of the lines between kayfabe and reality. We need more stuff like that. :y: