PDA

View Full Version : The Gamestop Sucks balls thread

Mercenary
11-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Gamestop can suck a dick. They wanted to only give me $70 for my ps3, and wouldn't take it without a hdmi cord. Which never came with the PS3 when I bought it. So I went down the road to best buy who gave me a $100 for my ps3, and didn't need a hdmi cord with it, and with my games got $160 offa PS4.

So yeah fuck Gamestop.

Kalyx triaD
11-10-2014, 02:46 PM
So many other chains are getting in on the used hardware/software business I imagine GameStop will continue making adjustments down the line.

Mercenary
11-10-2014, 02:58 PM
So many other chains are getting in on the used hardware/software business I imagine GameStop will continue making adjustments down the line.

yeah by low balling customers more, and more

Kalyx triaD
11-10-2014, 03:25 PM
I don't think that's a strategy even GameStop would make in reaction to competition.

Mercenary
11-10-2014, 03:45 PM
I don't think that's a strategy even GameStop would make in reaction to competition.

Well they did today, and they lost a sale today so whatever.

Kalyx triaD
11-10-2014, 03:48 PM
That store screwed you over today, and I'm sorry to hear that, but in the long term GS will indeed address things like this in response to competition. You can also offer your testimony to that store's manager (complete with receipts/statements) and possibly enact change of some sort for your area. Losing a sale is something they will listen to.

Clerk
11-10-2014, 04:08 PM
They tried to give me $30 for mine

Razzamajazz
11-10-2014, 11:09 PM
i didnt know best buy bought used game systems

Kalyx triaD
11-10-2014, 11:50 PM
Think Toys R Us and Target are getting in on it too.

Big Vic
11-11-2014, 01:03 PM
I don't know if you have GameCraze in your area but they always give the best deals.

dronepool
11-11-2014, 01:42 PM
I don't mind Gamestop, but the trade ins usually suck. The only decent value I've experienced from them is if you pre-order a game and trade in another game towards credit for that pre-order.

LuigiD
11-15-2014, 03:52 AM
Bought a copy of GTA: Liberty City Stores used.
Was super scratched up.
Drove back (store is 5 mins away.)
Demanded a good copy and they threw a fit. Copy they originally gave me was full of scratches. After bitching they finally gave me a "better" one.
Experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

The Rogerer
11-15-2014, 05:03 AM
Kaylx, what do you mean about the long term? GAME is the biggest brand here and about 15 years ago their trade in values were beaten by competition. It's almost as if they made them worse around the same time other people started accepting them. They continue to exist through mass presence and being the only devoted game store in most towns.

You're projecting some sort of market response, but wouldn't that correction already happened by now? Again "It will rectify in the future", when in the future? I'm not immortal.

Requiem
11-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Gamestop has always sucked balls. They have always paid jack shit for used items, and they have always marked up the price and charge twice what they paid you for it. It's what they do.

Kalyx triaD
11-15-2014, 07:13 PM
Kaylx, what do you mean about the long term? GAME is the biggest brand here and about 15 years ago their trade in values were beaten by competition. It's almost as if they made them worse around the same time other people started accepting them. They continue to exist through mass presence and being the only devoted game store in most towns.

You're projecting some sort of market response, but wouldn't that correction already happened by now? Again "It will rectify in the future", when in the future? I'm not immortal.

I live in one of those towns where GameStop is the only game in town for a used game market. The horror stories are constant and yeah it's been that way for a while. I think new competition will lead to change. I'm not sure where you think I'm wrong there. Competition will always force a better product/experience from those in the arena.

I don't understand what 'projecting market response' means, or at least how you're using it. It seems you're worried you'll have to deal with bullshit deals forever, which doesn't seem like a rational base. Only in the absence of competition does bullshit thrive; hence Madden. Or do you not agree that competition will fix things? In that case what do you think could solve this? Any idea is fine for discussion, we've all felt the burn here.

The Rogerer
11-18-2014, 04:13 AM
Rationally they've been shit for the last 20 years of my life and I'm not getting any younger. I'm just am curious as to where you see the imaginary change coming from. I know people who have died in that time so from their point of view, it was forever.

Kalyx triaD
11-18-2014, 05:10 AM
Are you simply saying it will never change?

The Rogerer
11-18-2014, 05:21 AM
It certainly hasn't changed in the face of the retail industry turning upside down in the last couple of decades. It would have happened by now. So no, I don't think they'll change. It'll either keep working for them, or they'll have to shut down, but they're going to get more stingy along the way, not more generous.

Kalyx triaD
11-18-2014, 05:32 AM
I say it will change in response to competition.

Now we wait and stuff.

The Rogerer
11-18-2014, 05:44 AM
http://www.ouarpzone.com/images/dune/13.jpg

drave
11-18-2014, 05:53 AM
lol

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-18-2014, 07:04 AM
I say it will change in response to competition.

Now we wait and stuff.

It hasn't changed much when Best Buy started doing it. It might change if WalMart gets involved. There's so much retail fraud involved with used games that they might not even bother.

Gamestop hasn't waivered because video games is the only thing they do (except for small phones and tablets now.) They keep their rent low by renting out the smallest storefronts available. They don't expand. They know what they are.

Clerk
11-18-2014, 11:59 AM
Going to get advanced warfare today faggots. I will be the best on that game like I was on Ghosts and Black ops 2