PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

Franchise
11-23-2014, 11:25 PM
Nope I'm not talking about some faux Irish hardcore wrestler.

After all these years it finally happened. Not exactly as planned but the important this is Sting finally made his WWE debut.

Felt the years roll back in that last segment of the show. He may be 55 and way past his best but just to see him there and have him stare down Triple and watch the game crap his pants.....priceless.

The MAC
11-23-2014, 11:35 PM
once again confirming HHH is the guy who works with the guy that draws the money.

also, HHH's ego won't allow him to step aside and let someone else get the rub.

Savio
11-23-2014, 11:36 PM
HHH vs Sting at the Rumble, Sting vs Taker @ Mania?

Droford
11-23-2014, 11:39 PM
My guess is Sting gets to be the authority figure and requires HHH to return to active competitor..eventually setting up Sting vs HHH for control at WM (with cenas blessing I guess)

GD
11-23-2014, 11:41 PM
For those who didn't notice, JBL referred to Sting as a 2-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion, acknowledging his TNA reign in the process :yes:

The MAC
11-23-2014, 11:43 PM
HHH vs sting = 4/10

</bret>

Tazz Dan
11-23-2014, 11:44 PM
For those who didn't notice, JBL referred to Sting as a 2-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion, acknowledging his TNA reign in the process :yes:

Wrong. He held it twice before it was the WCW Championship. He was TNA Champ 4 times.

Tazz Dan
11-23-2014, 11:45 PM
HHH vs sting = 4/10

</bret>

Yeah, nobody cares about what you have to say.

The MAC
11-23-2014, 11:46 PM
you know you do, you have to... :(

the point is that HHH is yet again positioning himself to be in the main event. What I would prefer is a long build between taker and sting. there are enough going up against the authority.

Savio
11-23-2014, 11:47 PM
I care about the Mac

Franchise
11-23-2014, 11:48 PM
Wrong. He held it twice before it was the WCW Championship. He was TNA Champ 4 times.

On another note I don't see this as truly the end of the Authority storyline. This is going to simmer slowly for a while and will culminate ultimately with Sting v Triple H at WM 31 where Sting makes his in-ring debut (and possibly finale) and hopefully wins.

He won't and shouldn't wrestle until then. WWE need to milk this for all its worth and will almost certainly mean the WM tickets will sell out soonish and could well be one of the most watched WMs of all time.

I don't see him doing any other types of matches until then i.e. tag teams or even the Royal Rumble.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-23-2014, 11:50 PM
HHH vs sting = 4/10

-bret*

Fixed.

The Mac we can't see what you said in your fake code.

Franchise
11-23-2014, 11:52 PM
you know you do, you have to... :(

the point is that HHH is yet again positioning himself to be in the main event. What I would prefer is a long build between taker and sting. there are enough going up against the authority.

Yeah but without the streak it isn't worth its salt. Taker v Sting would just be lame and in any case I doubt Sting would sign up to lose his only match and given the rubbish last time, I wouldn't want to see Taker lose or anywhere near a ring again. Taker just can't physically hack it anymore and the signs have been there. We all need to accept Taker v Sting won't and shouldn't happen and let it go.

Triple H v Sting is perfectly poised. Their in-ring abilities and characters fit perfectly the good-guy (anti-hero) v the perfect villain.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-23-2014, 11:54 PM
Sting 6 time WCW
1 time NWA in Jim Crockett Promotions 1 while in Minus Five Stars league after the NWA was already dead RIP (1993) as Shane Douglas said.

Franchise
11-23-2014, 11:58 PM
Still can't believe we've finally seen Sting in a WWE ring. Waited for this for so long especially since the demise of WCW back in 2001....gosh that was 13 years ago but feels like yesterday.

In a way kudos to McMahon.....in the days, months and years after buying WCW his aim was to sign Sting, the biggest star to never perform for him. So many of WCWs greats jumped ship WWE before and after the purchase; Jericho, Mysterio, Malenko, Guerero, DDP, Regal, Booker T and then eventually Goldberg who was very much a key player in WCW winning the Monday Night Wars. But still Sting was the only one missing, the only trophy left to win as it were. It took him a while but he got his man....eventually.

Shadrick
11-24-2014, 12:09 AM
At this juncture, I can't see Sting going up against a bigger name heel in the company than Hunter.

Savio
11-24-2014, 12:17 AM
Sting vs Lesnar

Franchise
11-24-2014, 12:19 AM
At this juncture, I can't see Sting going up against a bigger name heel in the company than Hunter.

There is nobody bigger or more appropriate. I'm kind of disappointed the authority lost as I wanted to see Sting put an end to it at WM but in a way he did kind of end it.

Sting needs to be matched with someone closer to his age and era. Sting didn't necessarily fade away as Cena became more prominent but they were never both the big draws at the same time. Sting at least was on Nitro with Triple H and DX (amongst others) over on Raw so that creates history. Hogan was still big-ish at that time so the idea of Rock v Hogan worked.

What I really don't want to happen is to see Sting lose at WM if it is to be his one and only match.

I am quite sure the Authority storyline isn't done and dusted just yet. It can't be. Vince McMahon may well figure some more in this and might begin screwing over Cena as "the chairman" to allow the authority back in which then draws into the Sting storyline and then Triple H deciding to lay it ALL on the line, control, career etc.

What I have really missed this last couple of years with the development of the authority angle is a lack of in-ring action from Triple H.

GD
11-24-2014, 12:21 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bound_for_Glory_(2006)

Tazz Dan
11-24-2014, 12:37 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bound_for_Glory_(2006)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Borden

Sting is a fifteen-time world champion, having held the NWA World Heavyweight Championship twice, the WCW World Heavyweight Championship six times, the WCW International World Heavyweight Championship twice, the WWA World Heavyweight Championship once, and the TNA World Heavyweight Championship four times.

Evil Vito
11-24-2014, 12:46 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm not even going to overanalyze Sting's return. I'm just going to enjoy it. We'll literally never experience this again. There is nobody left who would make for a legitimate "oh shit, XXXXX is finally in WWE!" moment.</font>

Franchise
11-24-2014, 12:49 AM
He's Sting; The Icon, The Franchise, The Scorpion etc etc etc.

And he's now here in WWE and for those of us following his career for years in WCW and TNA and hoping and wishing he would appear in the WWE/WWF, he's finally here. Better late than never.

Triple H from a career standpoint has stagnated and needs one last hurrah as it were and if he can put on a good show with Sting, you will all be talking about WM 31 for a long time.

GD
11-24-2014, 12:52 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Borden

Sting is a fifteen-time world champion, having held the NWA World Heavyweight Championship twice, the WCW World Heavyweight Championship six times, the WCW International World Heavyweight Championship twice, the WWA World Heavyweight Championship once, and the TNA World Heavyweight Championship four times.

The NWA World title existed in TNA before the TNA World title was introduced.

Tazz Dan
11-24-2014, 12:55 AM
And before the WCW. If you're going to ignore one, you have to ignore the other.

Droford
11-24-2014, 01:22 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm not even going to overanalyze Sting's return. I'm just going to enjoy it. We'll literally never experience this again. There is nobody left who would make for a legitimate "oh shit, XXXXX is finally in WWE!" moment.</font>

WWE has had this bullet in the chamber for 13 years and they finally fired it and it just kinda went off with a wimper

Franchise
11-24-2014, 01:25 AM
WWE has had this bullet in the chamber for 13 years and they finally fired it and it just kinda went off with a wimper

Really? I think it went over quite well. The crowd loved, many saw it for free on the WWE network and sets in motion the hype for his debut possibly at WM.

I would rather the Authority had won, they celebrated by beating Ziggler then the lights go out, Sting comes in and wiped them out with his baseball bat but oh well.

owenbrown
11-24-2014, 02:12 AM
Droford is really being more of a dick than usual in these threads

GD
11-24-2014, 03:58 AM
And before the WCW. If you're going to ignore one, you have to ignore the other.

I can't even.

Tazz Dan
11-24-2014, 04:37 AM
I can't even.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Sting has always been referred to as a two-time NWA Champion before TNA even came around. There was no way a reference to TNA in what JBL said. Maybe if they said 6 time TNA Champion there'd be merit in your claim, but they didn't.

Sorry bud.

Shisen Kopf
11-24-2014, 04:47 AM
Lol TNA. That garbage doesn't count.

#1-norm-fan
11-24-2014, 06:16 AM

Wrong. He held it twice before it was the WCW Championship.

No. No he didn't.

GD
11-24-2014, 07:09 AM
I meant acknowledging his second reign as NWA World Champion which happened in TNA.

Tazz Dan
11-24-2014, 07:15 AM
That was his third reign in TNA.

Tazz Dan
11-24-2014, 07:16 AM
No. No he didn't.

I assume you're agreeing with me. And we never agree on anything, so I must be double right.

owenbrown
11-24-2014, 07:16 AM
July 7, 1990 (NWA) and October 22, 2006 (TNA)

Tazz Dan
11-24-2014, 07:17 AM
And if you're not, click the wiki link. It clearly states the correct facts.

Tazz Dan
11-24-2014, 07:19 AM
But to be fair, if that wiki information is wrong, I'll admit so.

Tazz Dan
11-24-2014, 07:20 AM
Okay, upon further looking, I was wrong.

Tazz Dan
11-24-2014, 07:21 AM
Hey, it's pretty cool that JBL referenced Stings TNA run as NWA champion. Did anybody else notice this?

GD
11-24-2014, 07:22 AM
I sincerely hope that I will not be punished for this act of defiance, my King.

GD
11-24-2014, 07:24 AM
Hey, it's pretty cool that JBL referenced Stings TNA run as NWA champion. Did anybody else notice this?

I always win my arguments by editing Wikipedia articles.

Outsider
11-24-2014, 07:43 AM
That was the final ever big mark out moment.

There is no-one who will ever make a surprise apperance, or debut or anything like that again. Or at least not for the time it will take for a second company to rise to the level of WWE and create it's own stars, which we are a long way away from.

So that makes it the final big moment of professional wrestling.

......and I fell asleep.

Woke up just in time to see Ziggler pin Rollins and Sting walk away.

FFS.

Tazz Dan
11-24-2014, 08:04 AM
I sincerely hope that I will not be punished for this act of defiance, my King.

Hey, I'll admit that I misread the wiki article. I actually checked it after JBL made the call for the same reason :y:

The MAC
11-24-2014, 09:27 AM
I dont dig sting with his hair slicked back - maybe he should have let it hang a bit over his face - he would look a bit younger and mysterious.

Franchise
11-24-2014, 09:34 AM
That was the final ever big mark out moment.

There is no-one who will ever make a surprise apperance, or debut or anything like that again. Or at least not for the time it will take for a second company to rise to the level of WWE and create it's own stars, which we are a long way away from.

So that makes it the final big moment of professional wrestling.

......and I fell asleep.

Woke up just in time to see Ziggler pin Rollins and Sting walk away.

FFS.

AJ Styles or Austin Aries could have fit the category but the ship sailed too long ago for those two especially the former.

CSL
11-24-2014, 09:37 AM
AJ and Aries have never been in anything close to a position to make a "holy shit" impact on debuting in WWE for the majority of fans

Big Vic
11-24-2014, 09:43 AM
I think styles could, not Aries.

Tazz Dan
11-24-2014, 09:45 AM
AJ and Aries have never been in anything close to a position to make a "holy shit" impact on debuting in WWE for the majority of fans

This is 100% correct.

Evil Vito
11-24-2014, 09:46 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Nope, not even Styles. Depending on where the show was held (namely if it was in a smarky city) Styles could have gotten a pretty sizable pop as anybody who has seen his work knows that he's excellent, but plenty of people still wouldn't know who he is.</font>

Shisen Kopf
11-24-2014, 10:19 AM
The crowd was dead. They wanted surfer sting. The crowd was let down. Nobody cheered. Where was the surfboard?

Evil Vito
11-24-2014, 10:31 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Sting needed to appear in his red and gold Sgt. Pepper jacket and use the term "Little Stingers" at least three times. These are the arbitrary conditions that I have established and, failing to fulfill them, Sting was a disappointment.</font>

Franchise
11-24-2014, 10:32 AM
The crowd was dead. They wanted surfer sting. The crowd was let down. Nobody cheered. Where was the surfboard?

Are you sure? I thought the pop was huge. The only pop as big or bigger was when Rock came back to confront Rusev or when Austin and Rock came back at WM 30.

Also most fans were probably aware he was going to appear so the element of surprise was somewhat taken away but nevertheless was still a momentous occasion.

Clerk
11-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Ehh I would have rather seen Randy RKO Triple h

Shisen Kopf
11-24-2014, 10:36 AM
You call that a pop? Maybe if he was surfer sting but no-one likes crow sting anymore. I heard no pop. Maybe even some boos.

Clerk
11-24-2014, 10:38 AM
You call that a pop? Maybe if he was surfer sting but no-one likes crow sting anymore. I heard no pop. Maybe even some boos.

Me too Shinsen. I expected a bigger pop than that.

Franchise
11-24-2014, 10:39 AM

Perhaps when they were both white hot in terms of popularity over on TNA. AJ Styles more so than Aries but I feel both stayed at TNA for far too long that it damaged their careers and they won't be mentioned as "performers that never competed in WWE" for good reasons like a certain other wrestler until last night.

I mean you will always get the huge pops if someone returns be it for wrestling or a promo but nothing like this.

Franchise
11-24-2014, 10:40 AM
Gail Kim is another I'd like back in the WWE but again she's been away for far too long and is "too TNA" to really come back and make any sort of impact in the Divas division anymore no matter how gifted or stunning she is.

Clerk
11-24-2014, 10:41 AM
Franchise, what do you mean? AJ and Aries couldn't make it in WWE dumbass.

Franchise
11-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Franchise, what do you mean? AJ and Aries couldn't make it in WWE dumbass.

What makes you say that? And name-calling, how mature.

Sixx
11-24-2014, 11:31 AM
Would you bitches shut up about Taker vs Sting already?

They're 104 years old combined.

Clerk
11-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Would you bitches shut up about Taker vs Sting already?

They're 104 year olds combined.

Watch your fucking mouth you bitch ass hoe

Clerk
11-24-2014, 11:32 AM
What makes you say that? And name-calling, how mature.

because they were in TNA for a reason. And I'm sorry for that "dumbass" remark. Please forgive me.

Franchise
11-24-2014, 11:35 AM
because they were in TNA for a reason. And I'm sorry for that "dumbass" remark. Please forgive me.

So was CM Punk right?

But that was my point. They (well AJ Styles did) had opportunities to jump ship and resisted because they wanted to be the big fish in the small pond. Aries has just gone stale whilst AJ Styles.....what is he even doing now?

TNA is another debate but even old timers like Hogan, Foley, Flair and even Sting himself wanted out to make sporadic promos on WWE tv rather than hog the limelight weekly on TNA, it shows how bad that organization is and how badly talent is developed there.

Clerk
11-24-2014, 11:36 AM
So was CM Punk right?

Yes. Which is why he is not with WWE anymore.

Franchise
11-24-2014, 11:41 AM
Yes. Which is why he is not with WWE anymore.

But that was on his own accord as opposed to being dumped from WWE based on his talent/ability.

Had he stuck around I have no doubt Punk would have been a key figure in the Authority storyline (more so than Cena) and may well have been in the title picture.

I don't think Sting was originally meant to be involved in the storyline either but Punk leaving and then Bryan's longer than planned injury threw a spanner in the works and everything had to be re-written.

Nark Order
11-24-2014, 11:44 AM
HHH shoehorning his way into this is kind of disgusting but it's fine. Nohing is going to ruin this for me.

Clerk
11-24-2014, 11:49 AM
But that was on his own accord as opposed to being dumped from WWE based on his talent/ability.

Had he stuck around I have no doubt Punk would have been a key figure in the Authority storyline (more so than Cena) and may well have been in the title picture.

I don't think Sting was originally meant to be involved in the storyline either but Punk leaving and then Bryan's longer than planned injury threw a spanner in the works and everything had to be re-written.

Him being more involved in the Authority angle? How so? It's Team Authority vs Team Cena. How would he be more involved?

Franchise
11-24-2014, 11:50 AM
HHH shoehorning his way into this is kind of disgusting but it's fine. Nohing is going to ruin this for me.

I think Sting may well have had a lot of input into this storyline given that was his "reasoning" for not coming to WWE in the past (i.e. his fear of his character and legacy being ruined).

Triple H is the only one experienced and skilled enough on the roster to carry an old guy like Sting and given their polar opposite characters. Rock v Sting wouldn't have worked neither would Cena v Sting.

The ship sailed for Taker v Sting long before and even if the streak had been in tact would anyone really want to see Taker lose two WMs consecutively or even see Sting lose his one and only match in WWE? Both are popular faces of sorts and need their characters to be preserved. I actually doubt we will see Taker in the ring again and certainly not at WM 31.

If he can't even wrestle once a year without getting concussed then simply, he shouldn't come anywhere near a ring.

Franchise
11-24-2014, 11:51 AM
Him being more involved in the Authority angle? How so? It's Team Authority vs Team Cena. How would he be more involved?

It probably would have been Team Punk and further back with the proposed Triple H v Punk at WM 30 that prompted Punk to leave, that might have had some sort of angle or stipulation to it.

Cena was only brought into this equation because of the absence of Bryan and Punk.

Evil Vito
11-24-2014, 12:46 PM

<font color=goldenrod>To be fair, if Sting is only meant to be working one match/program for the company, the options that would make any sort of sense are fairly limited. It's pretty much Triple H and The Undertaker. This isn't "hold everyone down" Triple H either, this is "bump 10 feet for Brie Bella" Triple H. I trust he'll do the right thing and let Sting win in his first (and possibly only) match.

Plus with Taker...we don't know if Taker can wrestle another match, and on top of that it'd be weird to have him lose a 2nd Mania match in a row but also weird to have Sting job in his match. On top of that, even though Taker/Sting is a match that everyone (myself included) have fantasy booked before, the comparisons between the two are often overblown by non-WCW watchers just assuming he was WCW's Undertaker. Sting's character really was totally different.</font>

Innovator
11-24-2014, 12:52 PM

Stop it.

CSL
11-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Triple H was the best performer throughout the entire match last night, he made the whole thing.

Nark Order
11-24-2014, 01:24 PM
I liked the angle.

Nark Order
11-24-2014, 01:30 PM
I just don't like that Trips views himself as a spectacle like Taker or Brock. He isn'tt. He's just not. I mean, he's always been solid but he's just not on the level that he is trying to convince everybody he is on. That's all.

Although, I do get the point that there aren't many others Sting could really be in a program with. That is correct. I can't think of many others a WM plan could work with that wouldn't screw up current WWE storylines. Sting/Bray would be cool. I dunno. I'm just always really disappointed when something great happens but Triple H has to be right in the middle of it.

Outsider
11-24-2014, 01:34 PM
If Austin Aries or AJ Styles did ever sign, they wouldn't just not be high profile, but would instead be sent to NXT and given generic names first.

VSG
11-24-2014, 01:39 PM
You mean he's not convinced you about that. As far as I am concerned, he is pretty much at the top. Oh hey look, everyone else seems to think HHH-Sting is the way to go too. Fancy that!

Helmsphere
11-24-2014, 01:53 PM
If Austin Aries or AJ Styles did ever sign, they wouldn't just not be high profile, but would instead be sent to NXT and given generic names first.

Like Jacob Cass?

Innovator
11-24-2014, 02:24 PM
I just don't like that Trips views himself as a spectacle like Taker or Brock. He isn'tt. He's just not. I mean, he's always been solid but he's just not on the level that he is trying to convince everybody he is on. That's all.

Although, I do get the point that there aren't many others Sting could really be in a program with. That is correct. I can't think of many others a WM plan could work with that wouldn't screw up current WWE storylines. Sting/Bray would be cool. I dunno. I'm just always really disappointed when something great happens but Triple H has to be right in the middle of it.

Also, if Triple H from last year's Mania shows up to wrestle Sting, he can hide all of Sting's weaknesses. Final Form Triple H will do Sting well instead of Taker.

Nowhere Man
11-24-2014, 02:34 PM
Also, if Triple H from last year's Mania shows up to wrestle Sting, he can hide all of Sting's weaknesses. Final Form Triple H will do Sting well instead of Taker.

Agreed. I'm really hoping Sting's been working on improving his in-ring game if he's actually going to wrestle, because doughy, drag-assing TNA Sting is not going to cut it if they really want to do these "dream match" scenarios with him. Even if he's still slacking, though, if Triple H puts on his work boots, he can make the match something cool.

Plus, having it be Triple H instead of, say, Bray Wyatt or Seth Rollins gets rid of all of that gross "yesterday is better than today" stuff they do whenever a legend shows up. You can still have the crowd mark out hard for Sting, without it negatively affecting someone else's career. Plus, Triple H is at a point now where he suffers nothing from taking a big loss, so as annoying as it is that he's built himself up as this unbeatable Shao Khan Final-Boss figure, he's at least been using it to put other people over strong.

It's a shame that it didn't happen 10 years sooner, and that we probably won't get that Sting/Undertaker match people have been dreaming about forever. But Sting showing up at all in a WWE ring is still goddamn incredible to see.

Nark Order
11-24-2014, 03:32 PM
I liked the angle. Just wish there had been more options.

Nark Order
11-24-2014, 03:41 PM
You mean he's not convinced you about that. As far as I am concerned, he is pretty much at the top. Oh hey look, everyone else seems to think HHH-Sting is the way to go too. Fancy that!

Naw. He just isn't in the context of history. He has never drawn like Austin, Rock, Cena, or Taker. He has never sold the merchendise that those guys have sold. He's never been a national news story like Brock. He has always been solid, but that's really all. He's a mediocre mic guy that repeats himself in every promo to the point of self-parody. I mean, I have always wanted to appreciate him for what he is but the problem is that he is sold like he is more than he is and it makes it difficult to praise. He has been a very solid above-average performer over the years and he should definitely be appreciated. It's only when he gets put in context with the greatest guys ever that I have any problem with him.

And Triple H and Sting is most definitely the way to go right now. There aren't many other options and it will be entertaining.

Nark Order
11-24-2014, 04:01 PM
I equate it to Kobe Bryant a bit. Everytime I try to acknowledge his place in history, I get bombarded by everybody calling him the greatest ever. If I say that I don't think he is the greatest ever, then I am labeled as hating Kobe Bryant. You can appreciate what somebody has done without going completely overboard, is what I am saying.

I am a huge Foley mark. Would I say that he is the greatest ever or even in the conversation? No, I probably wouldn't. But I can appreciate him for what he was.

Simple Fan
11-24-2014, 04:49 PM
I just hope he does more than 1 match. I mean he put over half the TNA roster while he was there. The matched he could have in WWE with the like of Wyatt, Cena, The Legend Killer Randy Orton, Rollins, Ambrose. Everyone of them could put on a match just as good as EC3 and Sting, so I dont see why he would only do one match but he probally will.

XL
11-24-2014, 05:07 PM
Kinda want to see Ziggler vs. HHH.

Simple Fan
11-24-2014, 06:03 PM

He also said impact, I think he was tring to make a refrence without really making a reference.

GD
11-24-2014, 06:52 PM
Cole also refered to Sting's finisher as the Death Drop which was also the name of his finisher in TNA :eek:

CSL
11-24-2014, 07:03 PM
can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not Desmond, it's been the Scorpion Death Drop forevz

CSL
11-24-2014, 07:04 PM
I take it back, I read the post beforehand. Here is a butterfly

http://www.desicomments.com/dcimg/02/271768_original.jpg

CSL
11-24-2014, 07:11 PM

I don't get this or how you came to this conclusion other than simply not really being a fan of his. Is he supposed to sell himself short etc, maybe cut promos about "being that damn good but not quite that good"? I'm not digging, I just don't get how you've decided this. He has every right to be involved with those guys, spectacle or not guys at the top of the wrestling industry no matter their legacy or "mainstream credibility" mix it up with other top guys in the wrestling industry and Triple H is right there at the top when these guys have been around.

rez
11-24-2014, 07:46 PM
I don't get this or how you came to this conclusion other than simply not really being a fan of his. Is he supposed to sell himself short etc, maybe cut promos about "being that damn good but not quite that good"? I'm not digging, I just don't get how you've decided this. He has every right to be involved with those guys, spectacle or not guys at the top of the wrestling industry no matter their legacy or "mainstream credibility" mix it up with other top guys in the wrestling industry and Triple H is right there at the top when these guys have been around.

I agree with this black vampire - even if HHH ate Chyna's sweaty mansie out on a nightly basis.

VSG
11-24-2014, 08:03 PM
I'll have you know that Chandler is a pure Aryan unicorn of a man.

Ruien
11-24-2014, 08:08 PM
I equate it to Kobe Bryant a bit. Everytime I try to acknowledge his place in history, I get bombarded by everybody calling him the greatest ever. If I say that I don't think he is the greatest ever, then I am labeled as hating Kobe Bryant. You can appreciate what somebody has done without going completely overboard, is what I am saying.

I am a huge Foley mark. Would I say that he is the greatest ever or even in the conversation? No, I probably wouldn't. But I can appreciate him for what he was.

I doubt many people get mad if you don't say Kobe is the greatest. Maybe if you don't have him in your top 5 or even 10.

The MAC
11-24-2014, 09:20 PM
As jim cornette said, "hunter is the guy who works with THE GUY" . I just don't find hhh compelling. Nothing about him makes me want to cheer or boo him....its more "him again". I lathing a lot of you are discounting taker...remember he had a head injury early in the match with brick and was disorientated for the rest of it. He would fair much better in a match with someone that can actually work a wrestling match instead of a faux mma match

VSG
11-24-2014, 09:22 PM
You are also the guy steaming The Mackem's role here so...

Tazz Dan
11-24-2014, 10:00 PM
Anybody who can't acknowledge and appreciate what HHH has done for this business is blind. Has he taken advantage of the situation he's in? Possibly. But who wouldn't?

Nark Order
11-24-2014, 10:09 PM
What is Triple H's job in the WWE Network original series, "Slam City?"

Franchise
11-25-2014, 01:23 AM
Anybody who can't acknowledge and appreciate what HHH has done for this business is blind. Has he taken advantage of the situation he's in? Possibly. But who wouldn't?

He always has been a major star.Was discussing this the other night with a friend whilst watching Survivor Series and we concluded he may well have been much bigger had he not been surrounded by the likes of HBK, Undertaker, Rock, Austin and heck even Foley on the roster but I'd even go as far as saying he was one of a "special group". All those names mentioned are superstars and legends of the ring....could add Jericho in the mix as he was big in the Attitude era.

But my point is that Triple H if anything gets less credit than he deserves. And from a management point of view it was HIM that managed to get Hogan to come back, the Ultimate Warrior to patch up differences with the WWE before his untimely devise and he was instrumental in bringing Sting to WWE and obviously will play a major role in what will be the last big feud (if not last feud) of Sting's career. He has a good working role with many professionals in the business.

Yes he's been luck that he married the boss's daughter but life's all about luck right?

Just imagine if he'd stayed with Chyna and look at how things turned out for her.

Franchise
11-25-2014, 01:36 AM
Still buzzing from Survivor Series. It kind feels weird...all these years I sort of enjoyed the speculation about whether or not Sting would sign up to WWE, when, if, how, why, is he any less of a legend if he didn't.

Sting himself was adamant he never would but ever man has his price or perhaps it was that itch or desire he needed to get off his chest so he can say he did it all?

Tazz Dan
11-25-2014, 03:48 AM
Jericho. I haven't had a lot to do with him over the years, I can't comment.

Stickman
11-25-2014, 08:37 AM
So Sting makes his long awaited debut and the next night hes not even on Raw...wtf.

Tazz Dan
11-25-2014, 08:42 AM
Yeah, that was pretty well known leading into the PPV.

Tazz Dan
11-25-2014, 08:43 AM
Well, 'rumoured'

Evil Vito
11-25-2014, 08:56 AM
<font color=goldenrod>In spite of the rumors I still thought Sting would show up in some capacity even if just for a quick bit. Just the way everything played out seemed so "major" that he'd need to be there. I kinda saw him coming out to face HHH one more time as HHH was on the way out or something. Just one final "in case you didn't realize it last night, we're going to have HHH vs. Sting at WrestleMania" moment before they actually start building to the match properly next year.

I was a bit upset he wasn't there at first just because I wanted to see him again. But it's whatever. Less is more with Sting. Use him when needed...which means we probably won't see him again until after the Rumble.</font>

Tazz Dan
11-25-2014, 09:12 AM
Yeah; I see what you're saying, but I guess I wasn't disappointed because I wasn't expecting him. On the flip side, I would have marked out hard again if he did appear.

drave
11-25-2014, 09:18 AM
He is taking a hiatus to dye his hair again. Brown hair Crow Sting disappointed people.

Franchise
11-25-2014, 11:46 AM
He is taking a hiatus to dye his hair again. Brown hair Crow Sting disappointed people.

You know what, I actually thought this too. Sting doesn't seem as menacing without pitch black hair.

He could do with some extensions. he looked a bit like he'd just walked out of the barbershop and the barber hadn't finished the cut. I suppose confronting Triple H takes precedence.

As for those complaining about Sting not showing up.....keep them waiting.....always works.

I mean making a WWE debut was big, at a major WWE PPV (SS being one of the "big 4") but imagine the reaction when he eventually surfaces on RAW.....the show that he went up against with Nitro for years. That too will be a watershed moment and I really can't wait for that.

Franchise
11-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Yeah; I see what you're saying, but I guess I wasn't disappointed because I wasn't expecting him. On the flip side, I would have marked out hard again if he did appear.

Every time he appears the crowd will go wild. Dare I say it appearing on RAW would be more significant than at Survivor Series given everything RAW represented when Sting was the big draw over on Nitro. Can't wait.

Clerk
11-25-2014, 11:49 AM
That Sting thing was a 1 time thing right? Why have a 50 year old man with no WWE experience be at the top of the mountain? He wrestled in TNA for crying out loud

Simple Fan
11-25-2014, 12:40 PM
That Sting thing was a 1 time thing right? Why have a 50 year old man with no WWE experience be at the top of the mountain? He wrestled in TNA for crying out loud

So he is still Sting and plus Flair wrestled way past his 50s. Sting put on good matched in TNA no reason he cant do the same in WWE.

Nark Order
11-25-2014, 02:53 PM
Naw. Trips is mad overrated, IMO. Every WM main event he has participated in has been famously lackluster with the exception of maybe Trips/Cena. The fatal four way was one of the worst in history, the Trips/Jericho bout was shoddily booked and executed and was overshadowed by other match on the card, and Trips/Orton had a great build but had a famously awful execution. The evidence is there to make an argument for his greatness but the argument is also there for his overcelebrated mediocrity. And the drawing factor isn't opinion at all. He doesn't match up to the draw of Cena, Hogan, Austin, Rock, Brock or even Savage or Warrior. He just doesn't. I'm sorry if this offends you but it's the truth. He is very good. That's it. His impact is overblown because of who he is married to. That isn't to say that he isn't important. He definitely is. Let's just keep things in perspective.

Evil Vito
11-25-2014, 02:59 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm normally a "title match should close Mania" kind of guy but Rock/Hogan and Taker/HBK both just felt like the kind of matches that would have been nigh on impossible to follow. I actually felt bad for the participants in the main event because they had pretty much no chance to get anywhere near a reaction that other matches on the card did. Rock/Hogan had the greatest crowd of all time and Taker/HBK was probably a top 5 match of all time.</font>

Nark Order
11-25-2014, 03:03 PM
Who has he had a huge match with that he has elevated to the moon?

I can think of Bryan. Maybe Cena but that's debatable because he was already big when the WM match happened

The list of people that didn't go to the moon after a huge Trips feud is much larger:

Jericho was worse off. Although the angle was just bad.
Booker was far worse off. One of the biggest injustices in WWE history that gets swept under the rug.
Sheamus had moderate success but is now in midcard hell.
Kane was the same before and after. After Kay Vick, it could be argued that he was worse off.
Undertaker was already a star.
It can be argued that he helped Shawn get back into the groove. At the same time, he is Shawn Michaels and most likely would've gotten there anyhow.
Rock and Trips elevated each other. Trips was elevated to Rock's level more than the latter.
Shelton had those wins that went nowhere.
Koslov had a huge PPV win that ultimately went nowhere.
Orton is probably the best example but he doesn't draw and is floundering around.

You guys can help me out. Who did Trips definitively make a star beyond a shadow of a doubt? They weren't a star and then after a match with Trips they were superstar status. Maybe I'm missing somebody. I will hear you out.

Nark Order
11-25-2014, 03:06 PM
And let's not forget the unforgivable summer of Punk that was quickly and surely destroyed by Triple H.

CSL
11-25-2014, 03:15 PM
Naw. Trips is mad overrated, IMO. Every WM main event he has participated in has been famously lackluster with the exception of maybe Trips/Cena. The fatal four way was one of the worst in history, the Trips/Jericho bout was shoddily booked and executed and was overshadowed by other match on the card, and Trips/Orton had a great build but had a famously awful execution. The evidence is there to make an argument for his greatness but the argument is also there for his overcelebrated mediocrity. And the drawing factor isn't opinion at all. He doesn't match up to the draw of Cena, Hogan, Austin, Rock, Brock or even Savage or Warrior. He just doesn't. I'm sorry if this offends you but it's the truth. He is very good. That's it. His impact is overblown because of who he is married to. That isn't to say that he isn't important. He definitely is. Let's just keep things in perspective.

Who has he had a huge match with that he has elevated to the moon?

I can think of Bryan. Maybe Cena but that's debatable because he was already big when the WM match happened

The list of people that didn't go to the moon after a huge Trips feud is much larger:

Jericho was worse off. Although the angle was just bad.
Booker was far worse off. One of the biggest injustices in WWE history that gets swept under the rug.
Sheamus had moderate success but is now in midcard hell.
Kane was the same before and after. After Kay Vick, it could be argued that he was worse off.
Undertaker was already a star.
It can be argued that he helped Shawn get back into the groove. At the same time, he is Shawn Michaels and most likely would've gotten there anyhow.
Rock and Trips elevated each other. Trips was elevated to Rock's level more than the latter.
Shelton had those wins that went nowhere.
Koslov had a huge PPV win that ultimately went nowhere.
Orton is probably the best example but he doesn't draw and is floundering around.

You guys can help me out. Who did Trips definitively make a star beyond a shadow of a doubt? They weren't a star and then after a match with Trips they were superstar status. Maybe I'm missing somebody. I will hear you out.

who are you arguing against/stating these opinions to here? Unless I'm missing something, you're pretty much just telling everybody how overrated you think Triple H is for no apparent reason

Nark Order
11-25-2014, 03:19 PM
I stated that Trips isn't on the level of guys like Cena, Brock, etc and that I hate him shoehorning his way into every big angle. Sometook exception, which started a dialouge. I have no problem reading the thread for you. Is there anything else you would like me to read? My rendition of "Cat in the Hat" is regarded as one of the best in the world.

CSL
11-25-2014, 03:19 PM
also if he did somebody favours and they themselves went nowhere afterwards as you stated multiple times, Triple H himself can hardly be held accountable for that

And the one guy that he did put over like a trooper and actually had the required tools to become a legit star (unlike a lot of the guys you mentioned there) was Batista.

#1-norm-fan
11-25-2014, 03:20 PM
who are you arguing against/stating these opinions to here? Unless I'm missing something, you're pretty much just telling everybody how overrated you think Triple H is for no apparent reason

Yeah, I thought maybe someone had deleted their replies for some reason...

Nark Order
11-25-2014, 03:22 PM
also if he did somebody favours and they themselves went nowhere afterwards as you stated multiple times, Triple H himself can hardly be held accountable for that

And the one guy that he did put over like a trooper and actually had the required tools to become a legit star (unlike a lot of the guys you mentioned there) was Batista.

That one is most definitely true. I had forgotten about him.

#1-norm-fan
11-25-2014, 03:25 PM
To bring it back to the original "fuck Triple H" post though, of course he's not on the level of the top tier guys in WWE history. I don't know if he thinks he is or not. He's not shoehorning himself into the Sting feud though. He's the best option so that's what's happening.

Nark Order
11-25-2014, 03:27 PM
When all of these wonderful guys come back and all of this great stuff happens, when I hear they are facing Triple H I go into a deep depression.

Lock Jaw
11-25-2014, 03:47 PM
Really no one better for Sting to face than HHH on the current roster

CSL
11-25-2014, 03:51 PM
there really isn't, especially not 50+ in his first WWE/potentially last ever match on their biggest show of the year Sting.

Nark Order
11-25-2014, 04:31 PM
I agree that he's the best option. That's just kind of sad, is all.

#1-norm-fan
11-25-2014, 04:53 PM
It's not that sad. Like I said, I agree that he's not on the level of Rock/Austin/Hogan (No one in their right mind would argue that). He's not THAT big of a deal. But I think you also underrate how big of a deal he is. While he wasn't on the level of those guys, he was a guy who was always in the thick of things while Sting was the man in WCW and he's stayed very relevant in WWE for the decade plus since. Not only is he the most perpetually over full time guy not named John Cena right now but there's also some subtle history they can play off of. He was the guy who sat in the front of the tank and drove to the arena Nitro was being held at to "fire the first shot" in the war between WWF and WCW. While he may not represent the attitude era against the face of WCW like Rock or Austin, it's not like he's a complete default option. If they want that WCW vs WWF nostalgia match, this works really well.

CSL
11-25-2014, 05:22 PM
I don't see how it's sad at all but to each their own. I'd put him in or very close to the top 5 guys that would have made a good opponent for Sting's first WWE match at any point over the last 15 years.

Maluco
11-26-2014, 03:52 PM
People talk about Rock's mic work, Stone Cold's charisma etc... but tbh Triple H is 8/10 in every single aspect of the business. He doesn't have a weakness really and was THE heel to the very biggest stars in the 2000's.

The only top, top face of that era who has not had to encounter Triple H....is Sting. If they tell that story and do their, as always, incredible video packages, I think this will become a must see match. It's like the two last cowboys standing, ready to duel it out. Show Austin, Rock, Undertaker, Micheals etc.. all walking out after their last match/ Highlights from Triple H's biggest wins in WWE and Sting's in WCW. Could be epic.

Also, people do complain about Triple H not putting over certain guys, but don't honestly believe people like Booker could have been the guy, and RVD went on to show that he couldn't be relied upon anyway.

James Steele
11-26-2014, 04:12 PM
I don't understand how you can make "he's isn't as good as the 4-5 other greatest superstars of all time" an insult. Being the 6th greatest of all time is still really really fucking good. As others have said, he is great at everything just not the greatest in any area. I would argue that only Ric Flair performed at as high of a level for such long period of time as Triple H.

XL
11-26-2014, 04:32 PM
They push HHH as THE GUY from the Attitude Era because he is the only one they have.

They don't have Taker, they don't have Rock, they don't have Austin. They don't even have Foley. Kane, Show, Henry, Christian were never top guys and have been so mishandled over the last decade.

They go with HHH through lack of option.

CSL
11-26-2014, 04:38 PM
I don't understand how you can make "he's isn't as good as the 4-5 other greatest superstars of all time" an insult. Being the 6th greatest of all time is still really really fucking good. As others have said, he is great at everything just not the greatest in any area. I would argue that only Ric Flair performed at as high of a level for such long period of time as Triple H.

things Triple H could be considered/nominated for as greatest in the industry at:

greatest hairline
greatest punch
greatest usage of water
greatest usage of Motorhead
greatest flipbump for a 250lb+ guy
greatest "oh shit" facial

CSL
11-26-2014, 04:39 PM
actually fuck that, it's arguable in a roundabout way that Triple H has had the most successful career of any professional wrestler in the history of the business

James Steele
11-26-2014, 04:42 PM
They push HHH as THE GUY from the Attitude Era because he is the only one they have.

They don't have Taker, they don't have Rock, they don't have Austin. They don't even have Foley. Kane, Show, Henry, Christian were never top guys and have been so mishandled over the last decade.

They go with HHH through lack of option.

When have they ever pushed him as THE FACE of the attitude era. They acknowledge his role and the role/popularity of DX during the Attitude Era, but they have never claimed be was on the level of Stone Cold or The Rock. People like to undervalue the importance of DX in the attitude era just because of the blind disdain of Paul Levesque and the seemingly die hard obsession to undermine his legacy at any cost. HHH as a heel kept WWE at an EXTRMELY high level when Austin was out. Babyfaces aren't as over and don't draw as well without a heel to go against and nobody was a better heel over the past 20 years than Triple H. Would Rock vs Heel Big Show have been as good or as sustainable as HHH/Rock? What other heel in WWF at that point was there that could have carried their half of the feud with The Rock and look like a legitimate equal?

XL
11-26-2014, 05:17 PM
I think you've taken what I said as a knock on HHH, it wasn't intended that way.

The wrestling business is built on hyperbole, I've no issue with them over selling HHH. I'm basically excusing them.

Remember the whole "End Of An Era" deal with Taker? That's when they tried to sell HHH as THE GUY from the Attitude Era.

drave
11-26-2014, 05:43 PM
things Triple H could be considered/nominated for as greatest in the industry at:

greatest hairline
greatest punch
greatest usage of water
greatest usage of Motorhead
greatest flipbump for a 250lb+ guy
greatest "oh shit" facial

Also the "God damnit!" face like @ 2:44 below

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RjexhaLMtk0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

James Steele
11-26-2014, 05:45 PM
I think you've taken what I said as a knock on HHH, it wasn't intended that way.

The wrestling business is built on hyperbole, I've no issue with them over selling HHH. I'm basically excusing them.

Remember the whole "End Of An Era" deal with Taker? That's when they tried to sell HHH as THE GUY from the Attitude Era.

No, they sd it as the last battle from the last 2 survivors of the "golden era"...hence "end of an era"

#1-norm-fan
11-26-2014, 08:40 PM
I don't understand how you can make "he's isn't as good as the 4-5 other greatest superstars of all time" an insult. Being the 6th greatest of all time is still really really fucking good.

lol Well at least you only pushed it to 6th.

The MAC
11-28-2014, 10:33 AM
why does every assume that Sing only has one more match left ? Seems to me he could go for the entire year at least.

erickman
11-28-2014, 10:54 AM
Really no one better for Sting to face than HHH on the current roster

i want kev nash to be involved telling trips not to get sting pissed off he poked the bear in wcw.

Evil Vito
11-28-2014, 11:03 AM
why does every assume that Sing only has one more match left ? Seems to me he could go for the entire year at least.

<font color=goldenrod>Supposedly he has a Brock Lesnar-esque deal. He'll work limited dates and a few matches a year.

I would imagine his first official match is WM 31, where he can get a big win against Triple H. Then he'll wrestle at SummerSlam and a couple of other shows before wrapping up at WM 32. HOF induction by WM 33.</font>

whiteyford
11-28-2014, 11:24 AM
Really limited dates I hope, the nostalgia factor will wear thin really quickly given he's past it in the ring now.

Franchise
11-28-2014, 01:17 PM
His debut match will be at WM 31 that's for sure to fit in with the hype and build-up and he will almost likely get the win over Triple H.

After that as JR said in his blog, he should be used sparingly. Maybe a singles match at the odd PPV etc, or a tag match on RAW etc. As much as the Sting fans out there would have loved to see him wrestle week in week out, be in the hunt for the title, do the rumble, etc etc. the reality is he is 55 and absolutely no way could handle that. I think most have accepted that.

You want to be able to enjoy Sting's run in the WWE and his final run as an in-ring competitor for all the right reason, memorable matches, performances rather than watch decompose into a mess in the ring almost how Taker did at WM 30 despite being much younger than the Stinger.

The impression I get with this deal is that the ball is completely in Sting's court as to when he wants to wrestle and his involvement.

Sepholio
11-28-2014, 03:57 PM
Sting/Hogan WM32.