PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk signs with the UFC

Kris P Lettus
12-06-2014, 10:33 PM
I posted a rumored link in the 100k thread but he is on the UFC ppv right now being interviewed by Joe Rogan.

Crazy.

Kris P Lettus
12-06-2014, 10:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CwY3wWih.jpg

Innovator
12-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Multi fight contract, he said probably 185 or 170 for weight

What Would Kevin Do?
12-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Hopefully they don't feed him to the wolves ala Lesnar. Realistically he will probably get killed, BUT at least bring him in against lower guys. I mean, Lesnar has huge wrestling experience, Punk trains BJJ.

We will see... I am excited, but... cautious.

Clerk
12-06-2014, 10:42 PM
Idk what this has to do with WWE so why was it posted here? Belongs in MMA forum.

Hanso Amore
12-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Lol wow. Should be interesting.

Kris P Lettus
12-06-2014, 10:55 PM
<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OrAZXbKB1P0/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Evil Vito
12-06-2014, 11:03 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Dana said Punk would be starting against guys with a similar record. Which means he'll be fighting a rookie most likely.</font>

Fox
12-06-2014, 11:07 PM
Wow. Wonder if he'll be fighting as "CM Punk" or under his real name. Maybe as Phil "CM Punk" Brooks?

Vince can't be happy about this. Maybe this is part of a bigger plan for Punk. Leave WWE, bury them in his wake, make a name for himself in the UFC by winning a few fights, and then score himself a special contract deal in the WWE like Lesnar and Rock, ensuring himself a WrestleMania main event, a lighter schedule, and more hype.

It'll be interesting to see if Punk can hold his own inside the octagon. Something tells me he'll probably get his ass kicked. We'll see.

One thing's for sure though - that first PPV fight will probably help pull a few more points in the buyrates.

VSG
12-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Good luck to him. I have long since lost interest in the UFC but will tune in to his first few matches.

Bad News Gertner
12-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Is he going to cry to Colt Cabana when Dana White doesn't put him in the main event?

Kris P Lettus
12-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Wow. Wonder if he'll be fighting as "CM Punk" or under his real name. Maybe as Phil "CM Punk" Brooks?

Goldberg called him Phil "CM Punk" Brooks

Clerk
12-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Whoever thinks that there is a storyline with Punk thrashing WWE and joining the UFC is retarded.

Face it Punk has moved on WWE ruined there chance with a solid mid level wrestler.

Punk will come back in around 5-10 years.

Emperor Smeat
12-06-2014, 11:16 PM
How well do guys around Punk's age do in UFC and other MMA promotions?

Lesnar had a handful of fights when he was in UFC but was a lot younger than Punk at the time.

Disturbed316
12-06-2014, 11:21 PM
This could be interesting....this could end badly...either way, it will probably draw a bit of money.

road doggy dogg
12-06-2014, 11:48 PM
So I guess he's not really that concerned about his health then, is he?

Black Widow
12-06-2014, 11:54 PM
Rousey by Armbar in 20 seconds Ha!

Lock Jaw
12-06-2014, 11:57 PM
I hope he breaks out the Pepsi Plunge

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-07-2014, 12:00 AM
hope they feed him a can. I think he probably knows he'll get waxed, but is down for the experience and payday.

Volare
12-07-2014, 12:02 AM
I will support Punk 100%. Hope he kicks ass in the UFC. Now we get to sit back and watch the haters jump on him for being a "pro wrestler".

Asmo
12-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Of course, hindsight is 20/20, but his comments on Lesnar / Batista on the podcast add a bit of context. And so was the timing of the major events within the past few weeks. And though the content was great, all of it was done to get his name back in the press.

Well played Phil "CM Punk" Brooks. Well played.

Question: If he does fight as "Phil "CM Punk" Brooks", will he still get offended if a casual fan refers to him as "Phil"?

Maluco
12-07-2014, 12:16 AM

This is what I thought of immediately. If his body was that broken down, this wouldn't be an option. I can't see him competing with guys who have had this as a priority for a lot longer with years of training and multiple disciplines behind them.

Lesnar has been mentioned but he was a world class amateur wrestler before he even started training.

Rammsteinmad
12-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Excited as fuck to see this! Kinda hope he gets his ass kicked though.

Disturbed316
12-07-2014, 12:39 AM
He complains that he got stiffed by Ryback and then goes in for this.....

Tom Guycott
12-07-2014, 12:54 AM

This is what I thought of immediately. If his body was that broken down, this wouldn't be an option. I can't see him competing with guys who have had this as a priority for a lot longer with years of training and multiple disciplines behind them.

Lesnar has been mentioned but he was a world class amateur wrestler before he even started training.

... because taking bumps and crashing into furniture 4 or 5 nights a week is exactly the same strain on the body as getting into a legitimate fight a couple of times a year.

Also, why is it that Bats or Jindrak can go do this with no prob, but Punk will automatically "get his ass kicked"? The myth of size being the be-all end-all of MMA was disproved even back in the "unsanctioned bloodsport" days. He should get the same benefit of the doubt an amateur boxer gets in his first pro fight. In the octagon, Punk is sight unseen so far.

Also, Lesnar being mentioned is kind of a given. It would be like if somone tried to become another two-sport athlete; there will automatically be mentions of both Bo Jackson and Deon Sanders.

Droford
12-07-2014, 12:55 AM
I suppose there's no chance that Lesnar and Punk fight each other in the UFC but it'd be hilarious if Lesnar leaves for the UFC. I almost bet Vince would, to the detriment of his company, try to do whatever it would take to keep him from going to the UFC.

Seth82
12-07-2014, 01:02 AM
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1558398_10203316888267632_2157941988090235693_n.jpg?oh=c6677d4e9ba7b2e58861c81a9bd24689&oe=55146ED1

Droford
12-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Ufc would be smart to book his first fight in Chicago

Kris P Lettus
12-07-2014, 01:08 AM
http://www.ufc.tv/video/ufc-181-post-fight-press-conference

he is on the post fight presser right now

Razzamajazz
12-07-2014, 01:33 AM
well, i'm gonna buy that ppv

Droford
12-07-2014, 01:38 AM
They should make it a UFC on Fox event for free

#1-norm-fan
12-07-2014, 01:44 AM
The most important thing to come from this thread is that Clerk is back.

Droford
12-07-2014, 01:51 AM
dear-dana-white-send-cm-punk-back-to-the-wwe-ufc-doesnt-need-him (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2291848-dear-dana-white-send-cm-punk-back-to-the-wwe-ufc-doesnt-need-him)

this is a publicity stunt and a naked cash grab. The UFC is eschewing sport for spectacle, walking the opposite path it followed to grow the "sport" to this point. But there's no underestimating the levels Dana White and company will sink to in the name of American capitalism.

I could argue that Punk could probably be one of the better things to happen in UFC but whatever.

road doggy dogg
12-07-2014, 02:01 AM
... because taking bumps and crashing into furniture 4 or 5 nights a week is exactly the same strain on the body as getting into a legitimate fight a couple of times a year.

Also, why is it that Bats or Jindrak can go do this with no prob, but Punk will automatically "get his ass kicked"? The myth of size being the be-all end-all of MMA was disproved even back in the "unsanctioned bloodsport" days. He should get the same benefit of the doubt an amateur boxer gets in his first pro fight. In the octagon, Punk is sight unseen so far.

Also, Lesnar being mentioned is kind of a given. It would be like if somone tried to become another two-sport athlete; there will automatically be mentions of both Bo Jackson and Deon Sanders.

shut up you're stupid and UFC sucks

MoFo
12-07-2014, 02:02 AM

Batista and Jindrak were fighting fat Polish plumbers on Indy cards, not elite killers in the UFC.

Faggut.

MoFo
12-07-2014, 02:03 AM
Will pay for fight pass to see Punk get his mouth punched

MoFo
12-07-2014, 02:04 AM
Wonder if he'll be training with CHAEL P SONNEN

Droford
12-07-2014, 02:11 AM
See so many UFC fans bitching that he's not in it for the long haul, so he's a huge hypocrite for complaining about part timers taking his spot in WWE only to jump to ufc as a part timer to take someone's spot..

James Steele
12-07-2014, 03:18 AM
Interested to see how this goes and how CM Punk will embrace the hype part of UFC. He could easily play the heel aka Brock, but he might not like the outcome.

KIRA
12-07-2014, 03:19 AM
Will pay for fight pass to see Punk get his mouth punched

It's weird that people are suddenly so eager to see Punk get his ass handed to him.

Crimson
12-07-2014, 03:52 AM
See so many UFC fans bitching that he's not in it for the long haul, so he's a huge hypocrite for complaining about part timers taking his spot in WWE only to jump to ufc as a part timer to take someone's spot..

He said he's all in. Of course if he loses all his fights it would be a short stint for anyone. He keeps winning he'll stay.

erickman
12-07-2014, 08:31 AM
is ufc where pipers son colt is i would like to see little piper vs punk

whiteyford
12-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Its a smart move, Punk will get paid above average for working a handful of shows a year and UFC will get a spike in buyrates even if it's folk hoping to see him get the shit kicked out of him like mofo.

Kris P Lettus
12-07-2014, 10:30 AM
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/12/7/7347281/cm-punk-ufc-181-media-scrum-video

Bad News Gertner
12-07-2014, 10:38 AM
Lol how desperate is the UFC by the way. They'll probably have Dennis Rodman in a match nrxt month.

Stickman
12-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Hope he gets beat up

Bad News Gertner
12-07-2014, 11:03 AM
I hope he gets paralyzed

Lock Jaw
12-07-2014, 11:11 AM
I hope he brings back his straight edge saviour gimmick.

At press conference starts talking about how he can save his opponents if they will only consent to follow his lead....

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Looks like KrisP owes CM Punk a large favor. MMA forum might have been closed before this happened.

Droford
12-07-2014, 11:34 AM
I hope he brings back his straight edge saviour gimmick.

At press conference starts talking about how he can save his opponents if they will only consent to follow his lead....
http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/de53ca3a081135a31ae307753cf03b73/1220%20-%20cm_punk%20laughing%20macro%20mask%20straight_edge_society%20wwe.jpg

Volare
12-07-2014, 11:38 AM
Now the next question.....will he walk out to Cult of Personality, or something else.

Ruien
12-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Looks like KrisP owes CM Punk a large favor. MMA forum might have been closed before this happened.

I don't think anyone is posting in the MMA forum still.

Fignuts
12-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Dunno, he might be able to hang with a UFC rookie but any name fighter would fucking destroy him, I think.

Clerk
12-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Lol Kris is a loser at life and online. Nerd

whiteyford
12-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Lol how desperate is the UFC by the way. They'll probably have Dennis Rodman in a match nrxt month.

Only if Karl Malone is free.

Kris P Lettus
12-07-2014, 01:51 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eCViiT9-7DY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Volare
12-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Not even 24 hours after announcing that he will compete in the UFC Octagon, former WWE Superstar CM Punk has walked away from the deal, insisting that “it just wasn’t fun anymore.”

Punk appeared on an episode of Colt Cabana’s “Art of Wrestling” podcast today to break his hours-long silence about why he quit mixed martial arts, citing a list of grievances including mismanagement, unfair pay structure, unaddressed health problems, and the overall phoniness of the pseudo-sport.

“Being in UFC was awesome for the first few hours, but after that I just kept adding notches to my frustration badge,” he said, using a peculiar metaphor invented by Cabana during a previous conversation.

Punk explained that, since joining UFC yesterday, he has constantly sacrificed his health and happiness for the company without proper acknowledgement from boss Dana White, and he decided this morning that enough was enough.

“I’m already so much happier,” he said. “I honestly haven’t been this happy in, like, hours.”

Although Punk has every right to choose whatever career path he chooses, and owes nobody anything, thousands of irate, semiliterate UFC fans are already calling him a “quieter.”

LOL

Kris P Lettus
12-07-2014, 02:02 PM
SlickyTrickyDamon will think that is funny.

Theo Dious
12-07-2014, 02:12 PM
I plan to watch his debut in the hopes that he gets his ass handed to him.

Destor
12-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Jeez...such a hypocrite.

Maluco
12-07-2014, 02:17 PM

Stupid response in all honesty. Like already stated, Batista fought some no name guy and then quickly went elsewhere. This is the UFC. Can't help but think he fancies himself as a tough guy and is going to get taught a lesson.

All the guys on the roster are "crashing into furntiture", many, like Ryback, were doing it for his benefit. Was a classless move to belittle him on the way out and use people to get attention for this new venture.

That is just my opinion, but think he should have valued the people who made him look so good for over a year as champion.

If he is not at the appropriate level, one bad UFC loss could do a whole lot more damage to him than wrestling in a WWE ring.

He is whiny and entitled and it is the very fact that John Cena works so hard that makes him a much better talent and investment for the company. Punk would have never been a top guy over him because he didn't deserve it, but he complains that being champion for over a year etc... was a failure of a career.

Just struck me as really poor form and classless way to go out.

Destor
12-07-2014, 02:19 PM
Stupid response in all honesty. Like already stated, Batista fought some no name guy and then quickly went elsewhere. This is the UFC. Can't help but think he fancies himself as a tough guy and is going to get taught a lesson.

All the guys on the roster are "crashing into furntiture", many, like Ryback, were doing it for his benefit. Was a classless move to belittle him on the way out and use people to get attention for this new venture.

That is just my opinion, but think he should have valued the people who made him look so good for over a year as champion.

If he is not at the appropriate level, one bad UFC loss could do a whole lot more damage to him than wrestling in a WWE ring.this is either misinformation on the perceived barbarism of MMA or a complete lack of understanding of the danger and high volume of full time professional wrestling.

Maluco
12-07-2014, 02:24 PM
this is either misinformation on the perceived barbarism of MMA or a complete lack of understanding of the danger and high volume of full time professional wrestling.

Its not either. After all that battering he took in WWE, he is ok to start training for a UFC career pretty soon after. Look as Anderson Silva, broke his leg in one fight and has been "out" for much longer than Punk had to stop training or making appearances for.

All the guys in WWE do it, and many people did it for him. He is unappreciative.

I am not saying WWE is not harder on the body, it is, but UFC is no cakewalk and he seems prepared to go for it despite his broken body from so many injuries. I live in Brazil and know many MMA fighters and their training schedual is crazy. It's not barbaric, but if his body was so broken, he sinply couldn't do it.

He complains about not being the top guy, but how much harder does Cena work than he does, with a far more positive attitude. He didn't deserve the top spot and should stop acting like he did

Theo Dious
12-07-2014, 02:27 PM
It's weird that people are suddenly so eager to see Punk get his ass handed to him.

Really? You don't think a lot of people see him as an ungrateful arrogant prick after his little podcast escapade?

Destor
12-07-2014, 02:29 PM
I agree with everything you said, except that "one bad loss could be more damaging." of course it could. he could get hit so hard he shits himself and dies. however living in the real world most 50+ wreslters are in much worse shape than MMA fighters. the risk was higher with the fed than with UFC.

Theo Dious
12-07-2014, 02:29 PM
He didn't deserve the top spot and should stop acting like he did

He basically gained his top spot via extortion. Granted he managed to do pretty well during his title run, but his Wrestlemania feud with Taker would have been shit had Paul Bearer not died.

Theo Dious
12-07-2014, 02:30 PM
I agree with everything you said, except that "one bad loss could be more damaging." of course it could. he could get hit so hard he shits himself and dies. however living in the real world most 50+ wreslters are in much worse shape than MMA fighters. the risk was higher with the fed than with UFC.

I'd say it's really the schedule that makes WWE more of a risk.

Destor
12-07-2014, 02:31 PM
I'd say it's really the schedule that makes WWE more of a risk.I agree completely, but thats moot because they do in fact work that schedule.

Volare
12-07-2014, 02:39 PM
SlickyTrickyDamon will think that is funny.

Didn't mean it as a poke at punk, but as a funny spin on his story. All they really did was just replace every wwe reference with a ufc one.

Maluco
12-07-2014, 03:01 PM

It's probably only 10-20 years in the future that we will begin to see the results of post-MMA careers, but I agree with you, the more constant risk is WWE cause of the routine, but it is feasable that he could badly lose in the UFC, or break his seemingly delicate body down further with the intense training

XL
12-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Really? You don't think a lot of people see him as an ungrateful arrogant prick after his little podcast escapade?

I think a lot of people are still butt-hurt that he walked away from the wrestling business.

I'd wager a lot of what's being said about Punk (specifically the stuff about being a quitter, shitting on the company/guys that made him, hopes that he loses his first mma match) were said about Lesnar when he left. Now the IWC loves the guy. Can't see it being any different for Punk if he makes a success of this.

If not; oh well, he lost a fight or two, the disgruntled fans will point and laugh. However Punk will be laughing all the way to the bank, earning a small fortune to add to the wealth he already has. He walks away and does whatever else he feels like doing. Good on him.

KIRA
12-07-2014, 04:19 PM
So Punk feels fans will respect him after his UFC showing

I can't wait to see how he does

XL
12-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Where has he said that?

Maluco
12-07-2014, 04:41 PM
I think a lot of people are still butt-hurt that he walked away from the wrestling business.

I'd wager a lot of what's being said about Punk (specifically the stuff about being a quitter, shitting on the company/guys that made him, hopes that he loses his first mma match) were said about Lesnar when he left. Now the IWC loves the guy. Can't see it being any different for Punk if he makes a success of this.

If not; oh well, he lost a fight or two, the disgruntled fans will point and laugh. However Punk will be laughing all the way to the bank, earning a small fortune to add to the wealth he already has. He walks away and does whatever else he feels like doing. Good on him.

I certainly don't feel "butthurt". He was never one of my favorite guys. I say what I said because of how he always seemed to have a chip in his shoulder. He was always complaining like he was owed the very best, when I don't think his talent meritted everything he said. He was entitled and extremely arrogant in his time in WWE.

I don't want to see him get hurt and don't mind how he does in UFC. I hope he is a happier person, because by his own admission, he was miserable. There was no need to talk people down on his way out though.

KIRA
12-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Where has he said that?

Also his little jokes don't seem to go over well just an observation.

Crimson
12-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Hope he does well. How can you root against a man that's doing what makes him happy. In all his interviews last night you can see how ecstatic he is.

XL
12-07-2014, 06:09 PM
I certainly don't feel "butthurt". He was never one of my favorite guys. I say what I said because of how he always seemed to have a chip in his shoulder. He was always complaining like he was owed the very best, when I don't think his talent meritted everything he said. He was entitled and extremely arrogant in his time in WWE.

I don't want to see him get hurt and don't mind how he does in UFC. I hope he is a happier person, because by his own admission, he was miserable. There was no need to talk people down on his way out though.

Seems some people aren't so much "butt-hurt" about losing Punk; though there is certainly a contingent of fans that feel betrayed, like he owed them something.

But there's definitely a section of the wider wrestling fanbase that have spat their proverbial dummy out because his leaving - and subsequent shitting on the company - is a ringing indictment on the business as a whole; a business that they love.

I'm not pointing the finger at you, of course.

I think in Punk's position - or at least the way he perceived matters - where he had nobody backing him, where members of management didn't value him, he almost had to have that chip on his shoulder; he had to believe in himself when nobody else did. Let's face it; as soon as they loosened the leash on him his stock sky-rocketed, he was one of the most valuable full time guys on the roster. I don't think you can dispute that.

Poit
12-07-2014, 06:13 PM
Jason David Frank (the original Green Power Ranger) has apparently challenged CM Punk for his first fight.

Sepholio
12-07-2014, 06:24 PM
I wanted to post that first :(

Wonder if Vince will have him back after he gets his ass kicked by the green ranger?

Seth82
12-07-2014, 06:25 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qsQEBdE6mmg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maluco
12-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Seems some people aren't so much "butt-hurt" about losing Punk; though there is certainly a contingent of fans that feel betrayed, like he owed them something.

But there's definitely a section of the wider wrestling fanbase that have spat their proverbial dummy out because his leaving - and subsequent shitting on the company - is a ringing indictment on the business as a whole; a business that they love.

I'm not pointing the finger at you, of course.

I think in Punk's position - or at least the way he perceived matters - where he had nobody backing him, where members of management didn't value him, he almost had to have that chip on his shoulder; he had to believe in himself when nobody else did. Let's face it; as soon as they loosened the leash on him his stock sky-rocketed, he was one of the most valuable full time guys on the roster. I don't think you can dispute that.

There probably is a degree of that, some people probably feel wrestling has been slighted in all this, and I agree that Punk had to push to a degree to get noticed, but imo, he should have been very satisfied with what he achieved in wrestling. Cena works harder, looks better and does all the promotional/charity work with a smile on his face. He is the perfect company man. Punk should realise that his attitude probably let him down once he did get to that level.

There is a lot more to being the top guy than being good in the ring. Probably controversial, but he wasn't one of a kind or that special imo. Bryan was better by the time he left and guys like Rollins and Ambrose were putting on quality matches every night by that stage. He wasn't irreplaceable and certainly wasn't far and away the best in ring guy. I think he wanted to feel special and thought he was better than he was. He was very good, but he wasn't a great.

All just conjecture and opinion though, and I can see where you are coming from.

JimmyMess
12-07-2014, 06:55 PM
reading that ADR might sign with Bellator.... why wouldn't UFC be interested in Del Rio? He's at least fought professionally.

Kris P Lettus
12-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Del Rio's fights were works in Japan.

Bad News Gertner
12-07-2014, 07:16 PM
So is the rest of MMA

XL
12-07-2014, 07:22 PM

Also his little jokes don't seem to go over well just an observation.

He said that he respected everybody that stepped foot into the octagon; as in he respects the fact that the guys and girls go in there in the first place to test themselves and that deserves respect. Using the same criteria people will have to respect him for doing it. Whether he's successful or not.

Destor
12-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Jason david frank has been challenging punk for years lol

Sepholio
12-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Punk better watch out. Mr. Frank might cut him with the dragon flute.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-07-2014, 08:01 PM
CM Punk vs David Lee Frank would be the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Savio
12-07-2014, 10:16 PM
He will fight Jason Thatcher first.

Kris P Lettus
12-08-2014, 07:26 AM
If I had to give you an honest guess, it will prolly be against Kron Gracie.

Bad News Gertner
12-08-2014, 10:31 AM
How about War Machine? He's used to beating up bitches.

Kris P Lettus
12-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Renner Gracie, Roy Nelson, CM Punk, and King Mo

http://i.imgur.com/c9jaACbl.jpg

Ruien
12-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Really find it amusing people will order a fight, basically paying someone they don't like, to see if they get beat up. This of course only applies to people who are or have stated they are going to pay to see him fight in hopes he gets knocked out.

drave
12-08-2014, 12:35 PM
I don't get all the hate, honestly. I hope he does well and surprises many of the naysayers.

whiteyford
12-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Koshcek did it for years, Tito too, Punk knows that as does Dana.

Bad News Gertner
12-08-2014, 12:44 PM
Really find it amusing people will order a fight, basically paying someone they don't like, to see if they get beat up. This of course only applies to people who are or have stated they are going to pay to see him fight in hopes he gets knocked out.

So basically what people have been doing since the birth of combat sports/ artistic combat

dingdongyo
12-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Meh. Won't watch. I can't get into MMA. I don't like meatheads. WWE is at least full of meatheads who are willing to parody themselves and be somewhat entertaining. MMA is the same "ILL KICK YOUR ASS" "NO ILL KICK YOUR ASS" over and over and over again.

Vince should sign the green power ranger.

EzekielKane
12-08-2014, 01:07 PM
This is good news for UFC, bad news for WWE. WWE really dropped the balls with CM Punk by not making him the face of the company and constantly putting other people in front of him. Punk is a one in million success story of a guy rising from dirt, and I think he will do awesome in the UFC. Cant wait to see Punk put the Anaconda vice on someone in the octagon!

UFC is definitely the winner here.

Big Vic
12-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Had a dream where Punk, Brock, Jeff Hardy and HHH went to the UFC.... Jeff gave a pre-taped promo in my dream and he seemed quite high, was also wearing mascara and glitter.

EzekielKane
12-08-2014, 01:12 PM
I wonder if CM Punk will use that name in UFC or if he will be "Phil "The Punk" Brooks" or something cause I don't think WWE owns the name CM Punk.

Evil Vito
12-08-2014, 01:24 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Punk is nuts if he accepts the Green Ranger's challenge. The fucker just plays his flute and summons the Dragonzord whenever he starts losing.</font>

Nark Order
12-08-2014, 01:28 PM
Meh. Won't watch. I can't get into MMA. I don't like meatheads. WWE is at least full of meatheads who are willing to parody themselves and be somewhat entertaining. MMA is the same "ILL KICK YOUR ASS" "NO ILL KICK YOUR ASS" over and over and over again.

I feel like you are oversimplifying the appeal a bit. I'm not saying that what you're illustrating doesn't exist because it most definitely does but there is a sub-breed of MMA fans that aren't that way. All of the guys I know that are into it are kind of nerdy about it and are into the tactical aspects of the sport. I like watching a good MMA bout every now and then and am not overly aggressive/meatheadish. Jabba is a huge MMA fan and he is a small frail man with no aggressive tendencies at all. Many fighters now don't really act that way either.

Joe Rogan talks about it all the time. There are aggressive fuckheads with unquenchable bloodlusts but a large percentage of the fans don't seem to be like that.

screech
12-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Jason David Frank (the original Green Power Ranger) has apparently challenged CM Punk for his first fight.

He's wanted to fight Punk for years. I'd love to see it.

XL
12-08-2014, 01:35 PM
I feel like you are oversimplifying the appeal a bit. I'm not saying that what you're illustrating doesn't exist because it most definitely does but there is a sub-breed of MMA fans that aren't that way. All of the guys I know that are into it are kind of nerdy about it and are into the tactical aspects of the sport. I like watching a good MMA bout every now and then and am not overly aggressive/meatheadish. Jabba is a huge MMA fan and he is a small frail man with no aggressive tendencies at all. Many fighters now don't really act that way either.

Joe Rogan talks about it all the time. There are aggressive fuckheads with unquenchable bloodlusts but a large percentage of the fans don't seem to be like that.

He's talking about the competitors, not the fans.

Evil Vito
12-08-2014, 02:05 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Josh Gross of Sports Illustrated supposedly has the terms of Punk's contract:

$500,000 base pay per fight
5% of all PPV revenue
Minimum of 2 fights in 2015

That's not even factoring in sponsorships. Punk is getting PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAID.</font>

Ruien
12-08-2014, 02:12 PM
So basically what people have been doing since the birth of combat sports/ artistic combat

No. Most people watch the UFC or boxing because they like the sport (Is UFC a sport? Eh whatever). Yes in theory they want a person to get knocked out because they are rooting for the other person. But we have people who have not watched the UFC that will be watching it in hopes of someone (Punk) getting his ass kicked.

Big Vic
12-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Highest paid jobber ever.

Kris P Lettus
12-08-2014, 02:39 PM

The way you described MMA, it goes without saying that you've never watched it.

EzekielKane
12-08-2014, 02:40 PM
I want to see CM Punk fight Kimbo Slice.

Kris P Lettus
12-08-2014, 02:44 PM
He's talking about the competitors, not the fans.

Show me were guys like Anderson Silva, GSP, Machida, and countless others act like this. It'd be like an MMA fan saying all pro wrestlers are pilled out, roided up, alcoholic, failed actors, when that stereotype only covers a small section of the group being discussed.

Kris P Lettus
12-08-2014, 02:53 PM
I wonder if CM Punk will use that name in UFC or if he will be "Phil "The Punk" Brooks" or something cause I don't think WWE owns the name CM Punk.

Been said in here but the UFC is calling him Phil "CM Punk" Brooks.

I want to see CM Punk fight Kimbo Slice.

Kimbo is a heavyweight and Punk said he would fight at 185 or 170.

Innovator
12-08-2014, 03:02 PM
At 6'2, Punk would probably fit in better at 185. 170 might be too harsh of a cut

Vastardikai
12-08-2014, 03:11 PM

I just want to enjoy this quote for a moment.

Especially considering that this was posted in a professional wrestling forum.

road doggy dogg
12-08-2014, 03:28 PM
What're you talking about, no wrestling fan has ever been roped into rooting against a performer they perceive as villainous!

dingdongyo
12-08-2014, 03:30 PM
The way you described MMA, it goes without saying that you've never watched it.

I have. That's all I get from it.

Kris P Lettus
12-08-2014, 03:43 PM
I have. That's all I get from it.

You are full of shit. Sure there are Warmachines and Julian "LET ME BANG BRO" Lanes but for every one of them there are countless true martial artist who are respectful and fight with honor.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PeW-LNv6Vds" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

XL
12-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Show me were guys like Anderson Silva, GSP, Machida, and countless others act like this. It'd be like an MMA fan saying all pro wrestlers are pilled out, roided up, alcoholic, failed actors, when that stereotype only covers a small section of the group being discussed.

Don't jump down my throat, I didn't say anything about UFC competitors.

I was merely pointing out that Narc's post didn't counter dingdongyo's post.

road doggy dogg
12-08-2014, 04:34 PM
#dongsdongsdongs

Kris P Lettus
12-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Don't jump down my throat, I didn't say anything about UFC competitors.

I was merely pointing out that Narc's post didn't counter dingdongyo's post.

I didn't jump down your throat, I was merely stating that if that statement was about just fighters, it's even more false than of he had said it about fans.

Kinda thin skinned.

#1-norm-fan
12-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Fighting with respect and honor? ROH does it better. Let's make this an official ROH thread.

Bad News Gertner
12-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Ed Hardy went out of business. That's how you can tell MMA is on the decline.

XL
12-08-2014, 05:35 PM
I didn't jump down your throat, I was merely stating that if that statement was about just fighters, it's even more false than of he had said it about fans.

Kinda thin skinned.

Haha. Me? No, not at all.

Just making sure you're appropriating your defence of mma at the right person.

Destor
12-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Some christmas charity the wrestling forum is giving this thread to the mma forum! Merry MMAmas krispy!

Bad News Gertner
12-08-2014, 07:24 PM
Lol finally more than 3 people will visit this forum

Destor
12-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Its the mma forum's first real draw!

Bad News Gertner
12-08-2014, 07:28 PM
They should just merge this with the Wrestling Forum. It's not a sport so it doesn't belong in that area.

Clerk
12-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Finally he put it in the right forum. Anyone can be a mod these days

road doggy dogg
12-08-2014, 08:46 PM
lol did someone seriously move this to the mma forum

road doggy dogg
12-08-2014, 08:47 PM
like not even "forum politicking" issue, it's a bit absurd for the hundreds of guests that visit the site and will see no thread about CM punk joining UFC in the wrestling forum. seems a bit stupid to not have this in the forum but what do i know

Destor
12-08-2014, 10:29 PM
I left a permanent redirect for the lulz

dingdongyo
12-09-2014, 12:24 AM
You are full of shit. Sure there are Warmachines and blah blah blah
cute video of meatheads hugging and being nice to each other. MMA is still monotonous and still bores me to tears.

Big Vic
12-09-2014, 08:48 AM
like not even "forum politicking" issue, it's a bit absurd for the hundreds of guests that visit the site and will see no thread about CM punk joining UFC in the wrestling forum. seems a bit stupid to not have this in the forum but what do i know
You want people not smart enough to look in "the mma forum" for mma news to join TPWW?

road doggy dogg
12-09-2014, 08:53 AM
I made no mention of people joining TPWW. I was talking about the thousands of visitors the site gets that have no intention of signing up to the forum, viewing the forum and expecting to read news on a wrestling site about one of the biggest names in wrestling over the past few years joining UFC. It's not a stretch.

Evil Vito
12-09-2014, 08:58 AM
<font color=goldenrod>As amazing as the though of CM Punk vs. Jason David Frank is, I can't see how it happens. First off, they're not even close to the same weight class. Second off, Frank has exactly one professional fight under his belt and it was over four years ago. Third.....what if Frank won? They want Punk to be a draw for the company for several shows. If he jobbed to the Green Ranger right off the bat he'd probably be cooked.</font>

Big Vic
12-09-2014, 09:01 AM
I made no mention of people joining TPWW. I was talking about the thousands of visitors the site gets that have no intention of signing up to the forum, viewing the forum and expecting to read news on a wrestling site about one of the biggest names in wrestling over the past few years joining UFC. It's not a stretch.
point still stands about them thinking for a second the check the MMA forum.

road doggy dogg
12-09-2014, 09:04 AM
Considering it's buried among things like "movies/tv forum" and "thedarkness214 forum", I wouldn't hold it against anyone unfamiliar with the site to not be able to track it down.

Big Vic
12-09-2014, 09:30 AM
You can't see "thedarkness214 forum" as a guest.

screech
12-09-2014, 09:33 AM
People who are here every day may not even realize we have an MMA forum.

road doggy dogg
12-09-2014, 09:39 AM
It's okay, we have 13 NXT polls in the wrestling forum to keep people occupied, so news like this is irrelevant now

Destor
12-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Nxt polls are serious buisness

Destor
12-09-2014, 10:18 AM
I thought it over rdd and i sticky'd the redirect

Destor
12-09-2014, 10:18 AM
I GOTCHU

Clerk
12-09-2014, 11:31 AM
shut up you're stupid and UFC sucks

You suck dumbasshole you can suck on my big ass balls mothafucka

Shisen Kopf
12-09-2014, 11:48 AM

USA #1 would get ratings. No one watches MMA anymore but everyone who counts loves the USA.

Sepholio
12-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Vince should sign the Green Ranger when he makes Punk tap with his infamous rear naked dragonzord.

Vastardikai
12-09-2014, 03:53 PM
I say, sign JDF, have him go over a couple cans at the same time Punk is going over cans, and build it up to a big event where they face each other.

DrA
12-09-2014, 04:11 PM
Is CM Punk a legit 6'2? He seems a little shorter than that.

Nark Order
12-09-2014, 05:20 PM
RDD is absolutely correct in this thread. All those that opposed him on this issue should be ashamed. That is all. Thank you.

Destor
12-09-2014, 06:52 PM
You guys just dont like Christmas

Vastardikai
12-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Is CM Punk a legit 6'2? He seems a little shorter than that.

6'2" sounds about right. Considering his height in relation to a Cena or an Orton will easily skew him.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-09-2014, 11:10 PM
So, it looks like this is probably the most successful MMA thread in TPWW history and it was all a lie!

road doggy dogg
12-10-2014, 09:19 AM
http://tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=124753

:roll:

Big Vic
12-10-2014, 10:16 AM
The OFFICIAL Jon Jones is Ducking Rashad Evans because Suga has a key for that lame ass riddle Thread. (http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=113079)

Ruien
12-10-2014, 07:00 PM
See, this thread died because no one comes to this part of the forum.

Kris P Lettus
12-10-2014, 07:07 PM
This thread died because there was no new news about this, you big eared virgin.

Bad News Gertner
12-10-2014, 08:01 PM
This thread was a fad, just like MMA.

Kris P Lettus
12-10-2014, 08:40 PM
You try way too hard to be 35 years old

Bad News Gertner
12-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Haw haw haw so when is Jay Leno going to fight

Shisen Kopf
12-11-2014, 12:19 AM
Do they have I quit matches in the ULTIMATE Fightin thingy? CM Punk is good at that.

Kris P Lettus
12-12-2014, 07:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/NHaoWNL.jpg

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-13-2014, 01:25 AM
It's back (in the wrestling forum) and better than ever.

Destor
12-13-2014, 04:11 AM
And discussion is running wild

Optimus Bone 69
12-13-2014, 07:57 PM
He will earn them millions in buys and most likely end up as one of your five a day

Kris P Lettus
12-15-2014, 07:02 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2snGA29qWqw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lol :-(

Bad News Gertner
12-15-2014, 09:03 PM
About as weak as an MMA mod banning posters.

Clerk
12-16-2014, 08:08 AM
Do they have I quit matches in the ULTIMATE Fightin thingy? CM Punk is good at that.

haw haw

Kris P Lettus
12-16-2014, 12:09 PM
About as weak as an MMA mod banning posters.

About as scary as a 35 year old internet troll.

Shisen Kopf
12-16-2014, 12:21 PM
What's a troll?

Kris P Lettus
12-16-2014, 12:26 PM
here (http://www.tpwwforums.com/search.php?searchid=341789)

Shisen Kopf
12-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Nope, not at all. I don't know what trolling is but I know what trolling ain't. And that ain't trolling. Whatever trolling is? IDK

Bad News Gertner
12-16-2014, 05:13 PM
About as scary as a 35 year old internet troll.

Who are you talking about?

Xero
12-16-2014, 08:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pd8y7h3.gif

SNLfunnyguy
12-17-2014, 03:20 AM
Brock is an attractive male.

Kris P Lettus
12-19-2014, 09:12 PM
http://jimrome.com/2014/12/18/cm-punk-on-entering-the-octagon-the-itch-to-give-it-a-shot-was-always-there/

Clerk
12-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Kris go back to the MMA Forum with the other 2 or 3 people who view it.

Kris P Lettus
12-25-2014, 11:40 PM
He is going to train at Rufusport with UFC LW Champ Anthony "Showtime" Pettis.

Legit

#1-norm-fan
12-26-2014, 04:09 AM
No one in this forum knows who that is.

Why is this still a topic in the rasslin' forum?

Kris P Lettus
12-26-2014, 07:34 AM
People def know who that is.

Ruien
12-26-2014, 09:27 AM
No idea who that is.

whiteyford
12-26-2014, 09:29 AM
Did the springboard kick off the cage.

loopydate
12-26-2014, 09:41 AM
I know the gif, but not the name.

Bad News Gertner
12-26-2014, 10:34 AM
Lol MMA

Destor
12-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Such debate. Much discussion

Ruien
12-26-2014, 12:36 PM
300% more than if it were in the MMA forum.

Kris P Lettus
12-26-2014, 02:02 PM
It's really silly to see grown men act like little girls. It's not the news story you are hating on, it's me. This is news in both the MMA and prowrestling worlds. This news was posted on wrestlinginc.com.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/1225/587976/cm-punk-chooses-training-camp/

To say it's not wrestling news is complete bullshit bc the only reason he is being discussed is the fact that he was a professional wrestler. In fact, it's the only reason he was signed to the UFC.

I don't care what forum it's in, but reguardless, it is wrestling news and to post in here multiple times just to say how little you care shows you have nothing better to do with your free time.

Get over it or get a life.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-26-2014, 02:21 PM
Punk quit wrestling a year ago. It's an MMA story for the most part. But I agree people only are making an issue out of it because of you.

Ruien
12-26-2014, 04:24 PM
It's really silly to see grown men act like little girls. It's not the news story you are hating on, it's me. This is news in both the MMA and prowrestling worlds. This news was posted on wrestlinginc.com.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/1225/587976/cm-punk-chooses-training-camp/

To say it's not wrestling news is complete bullshit bc the only reason he is being discussed is the fact that he was a professional wrestler. In fact, it's the only reason he was signed to the UFC.

I don't care what forum it's in, but reguardless, it is wrestling news and to post in here multiple times just to say how little you care shows you have nothing better to do with your free time.

Get over it or get a life.

Huh?

Ruien
12-26-2014, 04:24 PM
I think you just agreed with what everyone has been saying.

#1-norm-fan
12-26-2014, 05:18 PM
I know who Jerome Bettis is. Is that who Punk is training with?

Bad News Gertner
12-26-2014, 06:39 PM
Gary Pettis? I thought he retired from baseball years ago

Destor
12-26-2014, 08:16 PM

Get over it or get a life.im teasing rdd actually

Bad News Gertner
12-26-2014, 08:22 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/cjrau/85%20Topps%20TTM%20IP%20Autos/497GaryPettis.jpg

Kris P Lettus
12-26-2014, 11:49 PM
Punk quit wrestling a year ago.

I'm not a huge wrestling fan anymore but wasn't Kevin Nash and CM Punk's last matches both on the same PPV?

I guess that thread should be moved too.

poopfromweiner dude
12-27-2014, 01:52 AM
who let that nigger a uniform

Tom Guycott
12-27-2014, 02:42 AM
Such debate. Much discussion

So MMA. Wow.

Destor
12-27-2014, 03:11 AM
I'm not a huge wrestling fan anymore but wasn't Kevin Nash and CM Punk's last matches both on the same PPV?

I guess that thread should be moved too.
good call

Shisen Kopf
12-28-2014, 02:05 PM
Still don't see why this is in the rasslin forum. I think there is a separate MMA forum for this. Mods, please move this thread to protect the integrity of tpww

Anybody Thrilla
12-28-2014, 04:11 PM
You guys are all being very annoying.

Shadrick
12-28-2014, 11:26 PM
yeah, not really fuckin with this page at all.

Clerk
12-28-2014, 11:32 PM
MMA thread in a wrestling forum? Wheres the integrity of this site? The Authority needs to take over.

Innovator
12-29-2014, 10:16 AM
If you complain about where this thread is, your life must be soooo fucking made that you have no problems in the world.

Big Vic
12-29-2014, 10:26 AM
This thread is about MMA and there ain't nothing casual about that!!

Bad News Gertner
12-29-2014, 11:30 AM
If you complain about where this thread is, your life must be soooo fucking made that you have no problems in the world.

I agree, so get this barbaric fad out of the WRESTLING FORUM