PDA

View Full Version : Do you wanna see another "Goofball" in the WWE?

Rollermacka
12-15-2014, 03:39 PM
I may make this a reoccurring post (talking about different gimmicks) so let's talk about comedic gimmicks. With Santino now retired, would you like to see a new guy in the WWE whose gimmick is to be straight up comedic relief? Not like Enzo or Ayden English who may say/ do something to make you chuckle (but then are serious in the ring) I'm saying a guy whose pretty much a goof from start to finish. I think Spud is one of the best things about TNA right now. TNA also did their TNA British Bootcamp 2 show and there was a guy named Grado who was hilarious...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oKQXtTcZ5RU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

XL
12-15-2014, 04:39 PM
I predicted a Grado win for Bootcamp 2. Mark Andrews was a waste.

They never saw any value in Colt Cabana and he's a pretty experienced guy in the goofball vein. Granted, he's probably burned any bridge he ever had back to WWE.

I personally think there's space for this character trope in WWE, I liked a lot of the stuff with Santino.

EzekielKane
12-15-2014, 04:52 PM

They never saw any value in Colt Cabana and he's a pretty experienced guy in the goofball vein. Granted, he's probably burned any bridge he ever had back to WWE.

I personally think there's space for this character trope in WWE, I liked a lot of the stuff with Santino.

How did Scotty Goldman burn his bridges with the WWE?

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-15-2014, 04:58 PM
His podcasts with CM Punk.

Rollermacka
12-15-2014, 05:58 PM

As soon as I saw that Dave Mastiff guy, I chose him to win. That "tank" type whose short but still has huge arms, broad shoulders and a big chest, on top of all that he can move in the ring. If he doesn't get a TNA contract it would be a shame...

ron the dial
12-15-2014, 06:06 PM
if the guy doing the gimmick can get it over, why not?

XL
12-15-2014, 06:21 PM
As soon as I saw that Dave Mastiff guy, I chose him to win. That "tank" type whose short but still has huge arms, broad shoulders and a big chest, on top of all that he can move in the ring. If he doesn't get a TNA contract it would be a shame...

Almost any of the finalists would have been more interesting than Andrews. He's no doubt a good high flyer but does he offer anything different to any of the other high flyers that they've got?

Once Grado went, I figured the girl would win it (especially after I saw Herzl a springboard dropkick).

DAMN iNATOR
12-15-2014, 07:07 PM
There's a reason it's called World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT, so of course I voted Yes. 'Nuff said.

Rollermacka
12-15-2014, 07:19 PM
Almost any of the finalists would have been more interesting than Andrews. He's no doubt a good high flyer but does he offer anything different to any of the other high flyers that they've got?

Once Grado went, I figured the girl would win it (especially after I saw Herzl a springboard dropkick).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BeRTXP_1WPs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

These were the top 16.... I'd say even the ones that need a little work physically (like Parliament or Samuels) or promo wise (Redman, Travis) could be a big asset to TNA in the not too distant future. I would say the top 6 they chose are ready for the TNA roster right now

Blue Demon
12-15-2014, 08:06 PM
if the guy doing the gimmick can get it over, why not?

Pretty much...

Damian Rey
12-15-2014, 08:50 PM
I'd like to see another Kurt Angle esque goof, who's a great athlete but a big twerp who doesn't actually realize it.

whiteyford
12-16-2014, 01:04 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BeRTXP_1WPs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

These were the top 16.... I'd say even the ones that need a little work physically (like Parliament or Samuels) or promo wise (Redman, Travis) could be a big asset to TNA in the not too distant future. I would say the top 6 they chose are ready for the TNA roster right now

The finalists are all on the UK tour so there's every chance they'll sign up others.

XL
12-16-2014, 01:50 PM
They'll definitely sign some of them up; especially if they can't afford to keep paying their more established stars under the new TV deal. Pad out the roster with some cheaper UK talent.

Sixx
12-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Another retard or a dwarf, please.

Or a retarded dwarf.

Lock Jaw
12-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Daniel Bryan was best when he was a bit of a goofball in Team Hell No, but still badass tough in the ring.

Rollermacka
12-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Another retard or a dwarf, please.

Or a retarded dwarf.

HABM?

They'll definitely sign some of them up; especially if they can't afford to keep paying their more established stars under the new TV deal. Pad out the roster with some cheaper UK talent.

I'm sure they really don't have a problem with money, especially with Panda Energy fitting the bill. I was just really impressed by the final six and would like to see them in TNA (Mastiff and Rampage as a tag team would be EPIC imo)

Lock Jaw
12-16-2014, 02:53 PM
What is this HABM thing I keep seeing references to? It is like the new ERAG, which I still don't know what it is or where it came from.

Lock Jaw
12-16-2014, 02:53 PM
Also in that it seems dumb.

Sixx
12-16-2014, 05:02 PM
They should also get the FGFL (Fat Guy From Lost).

XL
12-16-2014, 06:05 PM
What is this HABM thing I keep seeing references to? It is like the new ERAG, which I still don't know what it is or where it came from.

Durrrrrrrrrr. It stands for Heavily Armoured Battle Midget.

Emperor Smeat
12-16-2014, 06:15 PM
Don't really care but agree with others that if the guy can pull it off well, no problem with seeing another goofball gimmick in the WWE.

Santino managed to be really good as a goofball character while others not as much because of being too forced (ex. Hornswoggle) or more as a joke for Vince (ex. Hornswoggle?).

Enzo Amore and Big Cass could probably pull it off once they get called up. They have just the right among of goofiness to their characters without being seen as just a joke character.

SNLfunnyguy
12-17-2014, 03:43 AM
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140411062902/simpsonstappedout/images/2/2b/CS_goofball.jpg

parkmania
12-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Doesn't WWE already have its next goofball in the form of Heath Slater, Stardust, or Adam Rose???

I am tired of the goofball character having to either be "crazy foreign-accent guy" (Santino) or "mentally challenged guy" (Eugene, Dave Sullivan).

Crippla
12-17-2014, 12:08 PM
It depends on the who the wrestler is and what exactly the gimmick is. If it's something different and not redundant. Idk it all depends on the scenario I guess