PDA

View Full Version : Seth Rollins should leave Mania as champion...

Maluco
12-23-2014, 12:23 PM
...if the world were fair. He doesn't seem to get the same praise as Wyatt, Ambrose etc.. but he had the best year out of all of them. If we are talking about improvement too, he seems to get better every week. People questioned his mic work, but he has REALLY improved. He is confident and sounds like he deserves to be where he is on the card. For me, he was the real superstar of the year. He had great matches all year, was constantly improving and he deserves to be on top atm.

When he said last night on Raw that Cena's time was up, and his time was now, I didn't hear it as just another challenger to the mighty Cena who will eventually get blown away. I thought, this guy is younger, better in the ring, more athletic and improving every week. This guys time deserves to be now.

Get the authority back, have this guy as the corporate champion, surrounded by cronies and have the likes of Reigns, Ambrose and Orton chasing.

I thought Reigns' crowd reaction on Raw should have told them everything they needed to know. He is not ready, this guy is! Get the title on him today!

Thoughts?

Rammsteinmad
12-23-2014, 12:25 PM
I'm all for it.

I really want the main event of Wrestlemania 31 to be a triple threat match between Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose, for the title.

I've always thought Reigns was the weakest of the three, and in his absence Rollins and Ambrose have really stepped up and become hugely over with the crowd.

The Condor
12-23-2014, 12:33 PM
For a while I was very skeptical about Rollins, but the past 3 months or so have been brilliant and I think he may be the total package when it comes to being a top level performer. I would have no issues or reservations if he won the title at 'Mania. The only issue is a heel walking out as champion; it has happened before but it would still seem odd.

Maluco
12-23-2014, 12:42 PM
It would be strange, I agree, having no bih Mania "moment" to close the show. But Reigns isn't rerady for that moment, and I can't think of anyone else that is. This would be a chance to push Rollins up to that very top shelf. A guy who breaks tradition and is determined to take over at the top of the card.

I just feel like there is no-one more deserving and it would be something fresh and new to start off another cycle (and hopefully, finally, end the reliance on the older generation)

The Condor
12-23-2014, 12:46 PM
I would love to see it, and I would love to see his title win re-ignite the Ambrose feud for the title leading up to Summerslam.

whiteyford
12-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Think when the rumours of the Shield splitting started to surface he was looked at as the guy who would flounder, Reigns was clearly the chosen one of the group and Ambrose was the charismatic one with Rollins just being the 3rd guy, but think he's been the most successful one of the group post split overall. Don't think he'd get a long run with it if he were to walk out with the title but it would be a big moment if he were to cash in right at the end of 'Mania and get a chance to run with it.

Maluco
12-23-2014, 12:58 PM
I would go for a long run actually, with odds against those people challenging. If they built Ambrose up and had him finally win it after months and months of Authority tyranny, it would be an awesome moment and it almost writes itself.

I really think that Rollins is a main event player now for the next decade at least and it is great to see.

whiteyford
12-23-2014, 01:02 PM
I think he could do it I just don't think they'd do it, would love to see a Raven/Dreamer esque feud between Rollins and Ambrose with Ambrose eventually overcoming the odds and winning the title.

Bad News Gertner
12-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Ugh no he shouldn't

Nicky Fives
12-23-2014, 01:44 PM
It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.... only problem I'd have with it is that the championship match couldn't be in the main event, a heel cashing in MITB on a face champ to end the biggest PPV of the year may leave a sour taste in non-hardcore viewing fans.....

ron the dial
12-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Ugh no he shouldn't
this post makes me want to see it even more than i did before.

Innovator
12-23-2014, 03:24 PM
I agree, Daniel Bryan should leave Wrestlemania 31 as WWE World Heavyweight Champion, wakes up to find Brie in the shower, realizing this last year has all been a dream.

drave
12-23-2014, 03:28 PM
It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.... only problem I'd have with it is that the championship match couldn't be in the main event, a heel cashing in MITB on a face champ to end the biggest PPV of the year may leave a sour taste in non-hardcore viewing fans.....

I think it would be the perfect time to further build credible heat for Rollins. Admittedly, he has become one of, if not THE biggest heel recently. Sure, Lesnar has done this and that to Cena and whatever, but that has always been him, he is no different.

Rollins has evolved into his heel role quite naturally and very well. Since the Shield split, he has continually gained more heat and is EASILY the most hated persona on regular WWE TV right now.

Having him crash and cash a Mania main event would cement him as one of the more recent greatest heels. If it were Reigns who he cashes in on, there is already a bit of history there to build upon. If it were Bryan (who many think has a chance), he would be more vilified because.... well because Bryan and his underdog type backstory.

Rollins is good for WWE, they need more heels like him.

Tom Guycott
12-23-2014, 03:40 PM
I'm all for it.

I really want the main event of Wrestlemania 31 to be a triple threat match between Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose, for the title.

I've always thought Reigns was the weakest of the three, and in his absence Rollins and Ambrose have really stepped up and become hugely over with the crowd.

Though Reigns is the weakest of the three, they were bound and determined to push him from jump- from that weak-ass "I'm the man" promo from his NXT debut to all the subtle seeds of camera closeups and the announcers going out of their way to talk him up (if they put HALF the stock in anyone else on the roster that they said about RR, they wouldn't really have th roster depth prblem, because perception of who is and isn't a star wouldntbe so skewed in the eyes of fas).Rollins had the most to lose identity wise. Being the turncoat and believing his own hype has been a blessing, and was that "thing" he needed to transition from just being a guy people can have decent matches with to an honest to goodness heel character you want to see get trounced.

I agree, Daniel Bryan should leave Wrestlemania 31 as WWE World Heavyweight Champion, wakes up to find Brie in the shower, realizing this last year has all been a dream.

The sad thing is, I can see this as one of those things WWE would actually do... to "amuse "the boys", but hardly anybody in the crowd would get the reference and the segment would be met with dead air.

Innovator
12-23-2014, 04:15 PM
If he's not resigning and going to UFC, WWE is sure as shit beating him in his last night

#1-norm-fan
12-23-2014, 04:38 PM
Seth Rollins is not a top tier guy. He's in that group of guys who can be great in a certain spot but that spot is not headlining huge shows and representing WWE. As much as Reigns is missing that personality aspect, he's a MUCH better choice than Rollins who has no appeal outside of a group of the IWC who thinks a push should be directly related to in ring skill. He's a "feature attraction" guy for ROH. Not WWE.

el bobbo
12-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Here is my fantasy booking for the WM main event.

Have John Cena beat Lesnar at the Royal Rumble, as everyone is expecting. But have Lesnar beat him so bad that Rollins can easily come out and cash in. This can set up a rematch at Fast Lane where Cena can lose, probably due to interference from Rusev or whomever they can pair him up with at WM.

Meanwhile, build up Reigns really strong, like they're doing (there's no way to get around the fact that they're gonna do that), but have Ambrose as a surprise standout in the Royal Rumble. When it comes down to the last two competitors in the match, make it Reigns and Ambrose, and end it on a screwjob, as they LOVE to do.

This sets up your triple threat, but of course lolcenawins lolreignswins.

VSG
12-23-2014, 06:55 PM

Wakes up to find Brie in the shower with Seth Rollins after he (Rollins) won the title at WM31 the previous night, you mean.

Tazz Dan
12-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Ugh no he shouldn't

this post makes me want to see it even more than i did before.

This is just Gertner trying his hardest to be Gertner, because nobody buys him as the old Gertner anymore.

Tazz Dan
12-23-2014, 07:02 PM
I make that post with no malice towards Gertner in anyway. I feel the need to point that out, so there's no drama started like after when I made that throw away comment about ABT a few months back, that everybody made into a big deal.

hb2k
12-23-2014, 07:16 PM
Maybe it's just WWE paranoia, but with the de-emphasis on Brock lately and the fact Rollins is losing a lot, I'm started to wonder if he's getting the belt at the Rumble to lead to him and Reigns. Its a fugly idea, but given their track record, if you look at how it is shaping up with the decisions they're making, it makes you wonder.

Emperor Smeat
12-23-2014, 08:11 PM
Like the idea and its been a long while that Mania ended with the heel clearly on top. Miz's victory a few years ago was more about setting up Rock-Cena than Miz getting the last laugh.

Assuming Reigns-Lesnar stays on course, it gives Reigns his big post-Mania feud he will need while Rollins quickly replaces Lesnar as the top heel.

Maluco
12-23-2014, 08:19 PM
Seth Rollins is not a top tier guy. He's in that group of guys who can be great in a certain spot but that spot is not headlining huge shows and representing WWE. As much as Reigns is missing that personality aspect, he's a MUCH better choice than Rollins who has no appeal outside of a group of the IWC who thinks a push should be directly related to in ring skill. He's a "feature attraction" guy for ROH. Not WWE.

I am not saying you are wrong, because there is obviously a "pattern" of guys WWE goes for, but Reigns is not even close to ready. Rollins is a better all round performer in every single aspect bar his look. I think Rollins can easily play the chicken heel surrounded by a returning authority at Mania.

The new authority lay waste to the ring and everyone in it. Close Mania with chaos for a change. A shocking turn, a heel running away with the belt, Lesnar defeated by a face, only to have him screwed by the machine. I think Rollins is brash and cocky enough to pull it off and he has proven everyone wrong so far. There is no reason why he can't be a top guy for me. I just think people clamour for new stars and then are so picky about who can and who can't. Here is a guy who is improving at a rapid pace, has had a great year, is great in the ring and improving in every other aspect. He has done really well and should be given the ball to see if he can run with it. He has the look of someone who believes that he can run with it.

Bad News Gertner
12-23-2014, 08:50 PM
This is just Gertner trying his hardest to be Gertner, because nobody buys him as the old Gertner anymore.

I've retired my troll hat. Now I'm just plain old vanilla midget hating Gertner.

Wishbone
12-23-2014, 09:06 PM

This whole schtick that you pull just doesn't work anymore, dude. If WWE put any real effort at all into pushing a guy like Rollins, Ambrose, etc then they'd get over, period. The average WWE fan will love whatever WWE tells them to love.

As for the question of the thread, yeah, I'd be game. Rollins certainly isn't my favorite by far, but it'd be interesting to see what he could do as champ for a while, and WWE will need a top heel once Lesnar is gone.

#1-norm-fan
12-23-2014, 09:10 PM
"You don't think typical IWC heroes should be pushed to the moon like I do, therefore I will just brush it all off as a schtick."

Brilliant.

Wishbone
12-23-2014, 09:33 PM
"You don't think typical IWC heroes should be pushed to the moon like I do, therefore I will just brush it all off as a schtick."

Brilliant.

No, I'm not saying every IWC darling should be pushed to the moon. There are plenty that don't deserve the spot. What I'm saying is that this obsession you have with thinking the average fan won't buy into certain people as "face of the company" is wrong.

Wrestling fans are idiots, plain and simple. They forget what's going on overnight, and will cheer or boo whoever they're told to. Why? Because children are 99% of the audience. You can sell ANYTHING to children if you do it right, particularly the kind of kids that usually end up liking pro-wrestling. Tell them that Santino Marella is a badass who beats up badguys and they'd believe it. Hell, their are plenty of examples of it in wrestling right now. Every fan on the planet already believes that "the world's strongest man" is a pansy that gets beat by a Bo-liever, and they buy it. They all think Michael Cole and King are actually good commentators, and they all believed that a 50 something year old man in makeup was the greatest fighter in history until he got beat by a beast. You don't have to do anything at all to make wrestling fans believe anything. All you have to do is tell them "this guy is the best" and they'll believe you.

You just seem to think that wrestling needs to appeal to an outside market. Fact is it never will. Wrestling is a dying art, period. There hasn't been a non-wrestling fan who tuned in just because he thought someone on RAW looked cool since the Attitude Era. Wrestling is a joke to the vast majority of the world and it always will be. You can get all the movie star good looks and super hero muscles you want but you will never achieve anything with it. What WWE's got is what they're gonna have. They will never reach Attitude Era or Golden Era popularity again, and to think otherwise is stupid.

Maluco
12-23-2014, 09:33 PM
I actually don't mind, and stated in the OP that I don't think Rollins has got the internet backing that certain others have done. It is nothing to do with him being an internet darling. I just feel he has had the best year in WWE and deserves it.

It would be cool to hear some alternatives though for the guys that say it shouldn't happen. What would you go with at Mania? It is slim pickings. I would love Ryback to win the Rumble in a dominant fashion and beat Lesnar, but it looks like he could be fed to Rusev at this stage.

#1-norm-fan
12-23-2014, 09:39 PM
Ryback would be an awesome choice if they were to actually put the effort in to bring him back to the level he was at in late 2012.

But I'm just doing schtick so you'll never know my real thoughts on the matter.

Wishbone
12-23-2014, 09:41 PM
I actually don't mind, and stated in the OP that I don't think Rollins has got the internet backing that certain others have done. It is nothing to do with him being an internet darling. I just feel he has had the best year in WWE and deserves it.

It would be cool to hear some alternatives though for the guys that say it shouldn't happen. What would you go with at Mania? It is slim pickings. I would love Ryback to win the Rumble in a dominant fashion and beat Lesnar, but it looks like he could be fed to Rusev at this stage.

Ryback would be an interesting choice, and far better than Reigns at this point in time. He won't get it though. Hell, Ryback will be lucky if they keep pushing him at all, which is a shame. He's probably the best choice that fits the mold WWE usually goes for. Honestly I think WWE just has no clue what the hell they want to do right now. It seems like whoever's at the helm is drunk off their ass and can't decide which way to steer the ship. They try for a bit to act like they're giving up on "the look" and push guys like Bryan, Punk, Ambrose, etc. Then they just drop it and try with someone like Ryback or Reigns and then give up on that and go back again. I'm actually not convinced Vince has all the pull he says. I'm wondering if maybe someone else is pulling up in management and that's why we're seeing so much flip flopping. Or maybe Vince is just batshit *shrug*.

Maluco
12-23-2014, 09:41 PM
I know it is the most likely but it just can't be Reigns. He is their chosen one, but he has been booked terribly since his injury. His promos are forced and he comes across as a smarmy know it all rather than a badass. They should have kept him quiet and just had him running through people.

Plus Big Show was hardly the right choice for a return feud. He should have come back and been throwing someone around, looking like a monster himself. Crowd were dead for him on Raw, he is just not ready for this and I hope they don't go with it.

Wishbone
12-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Agree completely about Reigns. He has no business what so ever being in the spot he's in. And, no, that's not me victimizing poor ol' fan like he thinks I am. I have no issue with Reigns' ring work at all. My issue is purely with his charisma. He's boring as a sack of potatoes, and no amount of "the look" will get you past that. There's a reason Hogan, Cena, Rock, etc got over and it's not just their looks. They had that charisma and star quality. Reigns just doesn't have that at all.

#1-norm-fan
12-23-2014, 09:49 PM
Why would that comment be victimizing me? I've said the same about Reigns every time it's come up. lol

Wishbone
12-23-2014, 09:58 PM
Why would that comment be victimizing me? I've said the same about Reigns every time it's come up. lol

You seem to think that I'm totally against you just because I made a comment about your little "big men are better" schtick. I have no clue what your personal preferences are when it comes to wrestlers. I assumed that because you seem to have a fetish for good looking, muscle bound guys that you'd be on board with Reigns the same way you assumed I only like Flippy McKickpads and the other IWC darlings.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-23-2014, 10:03 PM
Nope.

It's been calculated perfectly that Money in the Bank has not disgraced WrestleMania by having a cash in as a part of the Grandest Stage of Them All.

Why would you want to repeat the worst finale of a WrestleMania (IX)?

#1-norm-fan
12-23-2014, 10:04 PM
I'm just upset that you figured out it was all a schtick and outed me. I had a good thing going. I secretly want Seth Rollins vs Dolph Ziggler to close out the next 3-4 WrestleManias and smash all the records.

Droford
12-23-2014, 10:05 PM
Rollins cashing in on Lesnar after the match with Cena with Heyman turning on him to manage Rollins and Reigns winning the Rumble itself.. But i dont see how Ambrose gets involved and it leaves voids for Lesnar and Cena.

Maluco
12-23-2014, 10:12 PM
Nope.

It's been calculated perfectly that Money in the Bank has not disgraced WrestleMania by having a cash in as a part of the Grandest Stage of Them All.

It's nothing at all like WrestleMania 9. Wrestlemania 9 was a past it legend coming down after a favourite was beaten and getting a previously unannounced match after the main event for absolutely no reason. It made the champ look stupid, the original challenger forgotten about and elevated no-one.

This would be a young up and comer choosing a prime moment on the biggest stage to get a match that he has won the right to have at any time. I can understand not liking it, but it is nothing like Mania 9.

I don't get this idea that Mania HAS to have a special finish. This sort of finish could be shocking, unique and could kick start a wealth of new storylines that could last for many months and make for intriguing rivalries and TV, something that they don't have right now.

Wishbone
12-23-2014, 10:12 PM
Nope.

Would you rather Reigns be the one to close out the show and stand tall though? And it doesn't necessarily have to be him cashing in the case. Could have him somehow be put in the match itself. Or you could have him cash in to put himself in the match.

Shisen Kopf
12-23-2014, 10:13 PM
I'd like to see him win at WM but then right after the match he beats the hell outta whoever has the belt. Then Batista comes down to make the save. Then for some weird reason Mr Fuji comes down to challenge Batista to a match. This match takes 15 seconds and Batista wins the match and is the new champ. Everyone is happy.

Shisen Kopf
12-23-2014, 10:14 PM
Not a Rasslemania 9 ending at all.

#1-norm-fan
12-23-2014, 10:17 PM
Deacon Batista only?

Curtis
12-24-2014, 12:39 PM
I would have Seth Rollins win and just as he celebrates with the belt, holding it up in the air there is a HUGE explosion, the ring shakes and Rollins is "blown to bits". Mohhamed Hassan's music hits and it turns out "BAH GAWD! HASSAN'S PLANTED A BOMB IN THE BELT! SETH ROLLINS IS DEAD!"

drave
12-24-2014, 12:45 PM
That was weak even for a Curtis post :|

Clerk
12-24-2014, 06:05 PM
Terrible thread idea. Everyone knows who Cena is passing the torch too. Its The RYBACK BIG GUY.

Theo Dious
12-24-2014, 11:23 PM
Nope.

Not to nitpick but even the shit-take in the ring that was the end of WMIX was worse than the gloryhole clusterfuck that was the ending of WMXIII. If you want to argue with me on this I will repeatedly remind you that WMXIII featured PAPA FUCKING SHANGO.

loopydate
12-25-2014, 12:24 AM
That was VIII. XIII was Undertaker getting a face-ful of Sid shit.

#1-norm-fan
12-25-2014, 12:41 AM
It's possible that Papa Shango came out at the end of WrestleMania VIII to cast a spell on Sid that would force him to shit his pants 5 years later.

loopydate
12-25-2014, 12:44 AM
Now, THAT'S long-term booking!

Anybody Thrilla
12-25-2014, 01:29 PM
I make that post with no malice towards Gertner in anyway. I feel the need to point that out, so there's no drama started like after when I made that throw away comment about ABT a few months back, that everybody made into a big deal.

Why would you make this post?

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-25-2014, 02:58 PM
Showing an example to why he had to nip the conversation in the bud? Duh.

Anybody Thrilla
12-25-2014, 03:05 PM
No. That's not even close to it.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-25-2014, 08:37 PM
Whatever.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-25-2014, 08:41 PM
Not to nitpick but even the shit-take in the ring that was the end of WMIX was worse than the gloryhole clusterfuck that was the ending of WMXIII. If you want to argue with me on this I will repeatedly remind you that WMXIII featured PAPA FUCKING SHANGO.

Yeah but it also had the huge pop of return of the Ultimate Warrior!!!!

Savage won the belt back ohh yeah dig it.

Piper/Bret was a classic.

Mania 9 was the era of the WrestleCrap gimmicks

1. Doink(S)
2. Flexy Lexy Narcissus
3. Kona Crrrrrrrrush.
4. The Giant Gonzales.
5. Non-MR. Bob Backlund.

Bad News Gertner
12-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Wrestlemania 8 was atrocious

#1-norm-fan
12-26-2014, 05:05 AM
WrestleMania 8 was better from top to bottom. The end of WrestleMania 9 gets shit on way more than it should be though.

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2014, 01:05 AM
I actually want to see John Cena beat Brock Lesnar at the Royal Rumble somehow, leading to Cena vs. Reigns and Brock vs. Bryan at Mania. What's the latest on Bryan's health? It's obvious that the WWE is going to go with Reigns now, even though I don't think the timing is right. Lesnar vs. Reigns just has no appeal to it. Cena vs. Reigns at least has that "poster boy vs. poster boy" vibe to it. And it gives Cena one last main event and a 16th World Title.

Ric Flair can come out and talk about how proud he is of Cena, then Brock can attack Cena and Flair, brutalizing Flair, to get more heat back on him. Fast Lane can be another match between the two, this time a Street Fight or something. This is where Daniel Bryan gets involved and helps Cena win, leading to Bryan vs. Brock at WrestleMania.

Reigns should probably beat Cena for the title, but I don't see him having a long reign before Cena gets desperate, turns heel, and brings back The Authority. Maybe Cena helps Seth Rollins win the title that way, and Cena and Reigns continue to fight away from the title as someone like Bryan or Ambrose chases the title for a few months?

mike adamle
12-27-2014, 04:31 AM
I have absolutely no interest in Lesnar vs. Reigns. I love the idea of a Shield triple threat, but if they don't wanna have another triple threat main event I'd much rather see Reigns vs. Cena than Lesnar. Not really interested in Reigns at all though.

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2014, 04:43 AM
Rollins vs. Reigns vs. Ambrose was on my proposed WrestleMania card a few months ago, but not for the World Title, rather Rollins would be forced into putting his title shot on the line.

Maluco
03-29-2015, 11:02 PM
Feel like I called this very early and couldn't be happier with it. Still maintain he had the best year out of anyone and he deserves it. Lots of potential opponents too!

Some will hate it, I'm sure, but I think it is great and he is a massive part of the future.

Well deserved and great way to cap of a Mania that was full of surprises!

Bad News Gertner
03-29-2015, 11:06 PM
He's a good transitional champ, but should never be the "guy".

Seth Rollins is basically Chris Jericho

Maluco
03-29-2015, 11:07 PM
He's a good transitional champ, but should never be the "guy".

Seth Rollins is basically Chris Jericho

No shame in that though, is there? A guaranteed Chris Jericho for the next decade is no bad thing! Always the chance that he might just get better and better too. From an athletic standpoint, he is amazing to watch too.

Bad News Gertner
03-29-2015, 11:09 PM
Absolutely not! That's not a knock on Rollins. Jericho is tremendous.

Theo Dious
03-29-2015, 11:47 PM
Lance Storm has said on numerous occasions that he'd rather be a Barry Windham (I think it was him) than an Ultimate Warrior. I wonder how many of today's guys would rather be a Chris Jericho than a John Cena.

Bad News Gertner
03-29-2015, 11:53 PM
I heard this on I think JR's podcast and it's so true: Rollins isn't going to be "the guy". He's going to be the guy who gets "the guy" over.

Theo Dious
03-29-2015, 11:58 PM
Also not a bad thing to be.here are only ever going to be two "guys" at the most. Cena is still "the guy" in the company right now, and Rollins isn't going to push past a bunch of the other candidates to become the "guy" while the others are still around.

Theo Dious
03-29-2015, 11:59 PM
Rollins will have a role comparable to a Savage or a DDP in his time; an upper echelon guy who had a great deal of time at the top but was never the standard-bearer of the company.

Bad News Gertner
03-30-2015, 12:05 AM
I think Chris Jericho is a great comparison to Rollins

Fignuts
03-30-2015, 02:33 AM
I heard this on I think JR's podcast and it's so true: Rollins isn't going to be "the guy". He's going to be the guy who gets "the guy" over.

Agree with Rollins being akin to Jericho.

Big question is who is "the guy"? Cause it sure as shit ain't Reigns. No matter how long they keep this push of his going, he just doesn't have that intangible "it" factor that it takes to be the face of the WWE. Only a few guys throughout history have had it, and honestly, I don't see anyone on the roster that does.

There are guys who have some of the elements, like Ryback, Cesaro, and Ziggler, but no one has that full package, and I can't see any of them developing into it either.

#1-norm-fan
03-30-2015, 03:16 AM
I think Reigns could be a fine main event heel with a mouthpiece like Heyman to do the talking while he does the ass kicking.

As far as who could be THE guy if they booked them as such...

Ryback or Johnny Curtis.

#1-norm-fan
03-30-2015, 03:20 AM
I also agree that Rollins could be the guy who gets "the guy" over. I just don't think you end your biggest show of the year with a secondary guy on top.

Tazz Dan
03-30-2015, 03:59 AM
Why would you make this post?

Showing an example to why he had to nip the conversation in the bud? Duh.

No. That's not even close to it.

Actually, STD was spot on. People here like to make deals out of things, like my comment towards you. It was NEVER meant in a hateful way, Inexplained that you numerous times, yet you felt the need to fucking cry about it for days, to the point you don't even talk to me these days. Which ironically proves my point even further, even though it was a throw away comment.

Just man up over it, accept my apology because I did mean nothing by it, and stop being a girl over it.

Tazz Dan
03-30-2015, 04:00 AM
For the record, I WAS showing a bit of malice towards you this time,me cause somebody who works as an entertainer really should take things better, even more so if there was so malice towards said comment.

Tazz Dan
03-30-2015, 04:27 AM
Also, good call on picking this :y:

#1-norm-fan
03-30-2015, 06:21 AM
Here's the deal, Tazz Dan...

Maybe find a way to make "joke" posts that don't clearly shit on someone you generally disagree with if you mean no malice. Because it comes off as you meaning malice but wanting to avoid any retribution by calling "no malice!" and therefore being able to claim anyone who has a retort is just being "overly sensitive". As does you replying to a post 3 months later that you know is gonna start an argument even though everyone else involved has surely forgotten that it was ever even a thing. I mean... What else reason could you have for digging that up?

I'm not even getting into judging your character or anything. But just... look at this situation. Even if you're just TRYING to rile people up for your own amusement so you can laugh if you succeed... at the very least that's just a dickhead move. lol

Bad News Gertner
03-30-2015, 06:48 AM
Agree with Rollins being akin to Jericho.

Big question is who is "the guy"? Cause it sure as shit ain't Reigns. No matter how long they keep this push of his going, he just doesn't have that intangible "it" factor that it takes to be the face of the WWE. Only a few guys throughout history have had it, and honestly, I don't see anyone on the roster that does.

There are guys who have some of the elements, like Ryback, Cesaro, and Ziggler, but no one has that full package, and I can't see any of them developing into it either.

I don't think there is "the guy" yet

Tazz Dan
03-30-2015, 07:03 AM
Here's the deal, Tazz Dan...

Maybe find a way to make "joke" posts that don't clearly shit on someone you generally disagree with if you mean no malice. Because it comes off as you meaning malice but wanting to avoid any retribution by calling "no malice!" and therefore being able to claim anyone who has a retort is just being "overly sensitive". As does you replying to a post 3 months later that you know is gonna start an argument even though everyone else involved has surely forgotten that it was ever even a thing. I mean... What else reason could you have for digging that up?

I'm not even getting into judging your character or anything. But just... look at this situation. Even if you're just TRYING to rile people up for your own amusement so you can laugh if you succeed... at the very least that's just a dickhead move. lol

Here's the deal,

You have zero credibility as a poster or a person, so I'm not actually going to read further than the first line. Just because 98% of the people here get me, and a few don't, doesn't mean I'm going to change my posting style or who I am.

#1-norm-fan
03-30-2015, 07:34 AM
lol Welp, I tried.

Anybody Thrilla
03-31-2015, 01:17 PM
Tazz Dan deleted this thread saying that it was "causing too much drama". I undeleted it, because the subject matter is incredibly pertinent right now.

If there's any "drama" here, it was all created by you, Tazz Dan. You posted some pretty scathing posts as recently as yesterday. #1-wwf-fan hit my sentiments directly on the head, so I won't go any further from there, but there's no reason to delete this thread. Maybe you can delete your own very stupid posts instead.

Mr. Nerfect
03-31-2015, 10:02 PM
Seth Rollins closing out WrestleMania as champ is a pretty big deal for him. I absolutely love this guy's persona. He's wormy as shit, but he's also got this weird credibility about him. He reminds me, in some ways, of Triple H circa 2000. He also reminds me a lot of Edge. I think he'll be the sort of guy that racks up a lot of World Championships, but doesn't necessarily get to be the top guy. That being said, when it comes time to turn him face, he might get white-hot.

Damian Rey
03-31-2015, 10:09 PM
He's perfect for the foreseeable future as the shit bag hand picked heel champion who fans clamor for to be destroyed. I hope Lesnar isn't gone all the way to summer slam though. I'd like to see the authority try to put him through the ringer.

Mr. Nerfect
03-31-2015, 10:16 PM
Get rid of that perfunctory rematch clause. It's lazy booking. It works for heels occasionally, because the face gets to beat them twice, but when faces get them it is just awkward. They either win the title right back or they lose to the heel twice and their weakness/foolishness is overly exposed.

Having Brock return and being forced to re-earn his spot makes sense. But I don't know if I'd wait until much after Payback. Orton can face Rollins at Extreme Rules. Rollins finding a way to beat Orton would be a great way to rebound their WrestleMania story. Reigns & Ryback can team up to beat Big Show & Kane at Extreme Rules and then be announced as opponents for each other at Payback. Lesnar can face Rollins and the event is pretty much sold.

Anybody Thrilla
04-01-2015, 04:21 AM
"My foot still kinda hurts from Curb Stomping you AND Roman Reigns last night..."

Seth Rollins is a brilliant heel. He just gets it. He knows what's up, and he knows how to make it work.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-01-2015, 06:33 AM
Well, I was wrong. That was awesome. Gertner hates it so it's even better.

Bad News Gertner
04-01-2015, 06:35 AM
Where did I say that?

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-01-2015, 06:36 AM
Page 1

Bad News Gertner
04-01-2015, 06:39 AM
My opinion changed after watching it happen. Rollins winning gives more possibilities storylinewise.

Wrestlemania
04-01-2015, 08:38 AM
My opinion changed after watching it happen. Rollins winning gives more possibilities storylinewise.

You can't change your original statement you tosser.

Seth is an awesome champion.

Bad News Gertner
04-01-2015, 10:23 AM
My apologies. It'll never happen again. Please accept this positive rep as a gift.

road doggy dogg
04-01-2015, 10:26 AM
Gertner is a fair and blessed individual.

Wrestlemania
04-01-2015, 10:47 AM
My apologies. It'll never happen again. Please accept this positive rep as a gift.

Thank you Gertner.

Ruien
04-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Feel like Tazz Dan would get torn to shreds on these boards if he acted like he has the past 6 months and did not have cancer. Everyone just dismisses his comments because no one wants to argue with someone going through a major change in life.

Sepholio
04-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Wow Ruien. That was a pretty dickhead post.

Anybody Thrilla
04-01-2015, 12:42 PM
:eek:

Sepholio
04-01-2015, 12:54 PM
Just saying. I felt the last page wrapped up quite nicely and Noid got the topic back on track like you clearly intended AT. Then Ruien has to go and pull the 'he gets away with everything cuz cancer' argument and pulls the thread right back down; it's just a dick move.

The argument happened months ago. Dan responded I'm guessing when you reopened the thread (which you were right to do, AT). Who cares why? A little back and forth with him and Fan, then you said your piece and I thought that it was all summed up pretty nicely. It was a basic 'Dude, this is old, get over it, back on topic.' Which was what this thread needed. So can we try to get back to the actually discussion like civilized adults now, please?

Sepholio
04-01-2015, 12:54 PM
THE ACTUALLY DISCUSSION MAN

Anybody Thrilla
04-01-2015, 01:09 PM
No. He actually responded a bunch and THEN closed the thread. I only found out he responded because I got a rep from him on a non-existent thread. It piqued my curiosity, and that's what I found.

Anybody Thrilla
04-01-2015, 01:10 PM
But yeah, Seth Rollins is sweet as fuck.

Sepholio
04-01-2015, 01:22 PM
It's hard for me to express stuff like this sometimes because it's still real to me damnit, but I absolutely HATE Seth Rollins every time he comes out.

And that is a VERY good thing. Not often does a heel come along that infuriates me so much I will yell at the TV and such. Rollins pulls it off with ease. He is incredible.

Anybody Thrilla
04-01-2015, 01:27 PM
I first started noticing Rollins during those Shield 6-man tag matches when he would be yelling things from the apron...directing traffic, taunting, etc. I thought he stood out a bit there. I never thought he'd be the first of the three to win the big belt, but he's a really good fit for it right now. It would have felt weird if he didn't successfully cash in the briefcase, and I honestly hope he has a longer reign than Punk.

Ruien
04-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Love how excited he seems to be about being the champ. I don't think I seen a better celebration after winning the title ever.

VSG
04-01-2015, 04:28 PM

Wakes up to find Brie in the shower with Seth Rollins after he (Rollins) won the title at WM31 the previous night, you mean.

Can someone tell me if this first part also happened?

drave
04-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Okay.

Bad News Gertner
04-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Feel like Tazz Dan would get torn to shreds on these boards if he acted like he has the past 6 months and did not have cancer. Everyone just dismisses his comments because no one wants to argue with someone going through a major change in life.

Oh wow. Quite the gormless post.

VSG
04-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Okay.

Thank you.

Corkscrewed
04-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Love how excited he seems to be about being the champ. I don't think I seen a better celebration after winning the title ever.

I loved it. I loved how he allowed one quick moment of hot coals dance jubilation, then immediately reverted to snakeoil heel and sprinted out of range of Lesnar and Reigns, and then continued celebrating. So good!