PDA

View Full Version : Does the WWE enjoy making the Cruiserweight title a joke? (SD! SPOILERS)

CBright7831
05-19-2004, 08:53 PM
- Chavo Classic beat Spike Dudley and his son to become the new Cruiserweight champion.

:nono:

Also:
- Rico and Charlie Haas beat the FBI (Stamboli and Nunzio).
- Billy Kidman and Akio were in the midst of a match when Mordecai came to the ring and beat both of them up.
- Booker T did a promo where he said he wanted a rematch with The Undertaker. He then beat the shit out of Funaki to win his match.
- Rene Dupree beat John Cena by count out to further their feud.
- Bradshaw and The Dudley Boys beat Eddie Guerrero RVD and Rey
- After the show Taker came out and gave him a tombstone.

EDIT - Didn't see the other thread. Sorry.

Xero
05-20-2004, 11:16 AM
Okay... WTF... First, WWE completely cuts out the Curiserweight Gauntlet from WrestleMania on the VHS, then they give it to a WOMAN, now they give it to an old man... WTF is next... Oh, let me guess... Vince will come out and declare Triple H the Cruiserweight Champion, who then turns it into the Woman's championsip for SmackDown and gives it to Steph for the remainder of her life...

... Sounds about right :shifty:

Corkscrewed
05-20-2004, 02:20 PM
Um... they're spying on us dammit! Who the **** made that caption about Chavo Jr. not being happy his father was CW champ but supported him anyway??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

:D

:'(

Splaya
05-20-2004, 02:41 PM
Thank you screwed us over :rant:

Danny Electric
05-20-2004, 02:42 PM
Supposedly it was booked by Dean Malenko.

Loose Cannon
05-20-2004, 03:15 PM
^^Yeah, the booking meeting probably went something like this:

**Dean, Hayes, Gertwitz(sp) and Prichard are in the room discussing Smackdown

Dean: Okay fellas, now I think Steph's idea of putting the title on Jackie was a huge mistake. We really need to get some credibility back for that belt. I'm thinking we have Chavo run a crusierweight gaunlet on Smackdown where he goes through about 7 Crusiers and somehow manages to come out on top.

**Gertwitz leaves cause Dean mentioned Crusierweights.

Hayes: Sounds good Deano. I like how you think.

Prichard: Yeah, that sounds like a plan.

**Steph and Vince walk in.

Vince: Hey boys, so hows the writing going for Smackdown.

Steph: Remember my great storyline last week to put the Cruiserweight belt on Jackie.

Dean: Actually, I was just talking about the Crusierweight Title. Here is what I think.....

**Dean tells Vince and Steph the plan.

Vince: **long pause.. Um, Well, that's nice I guess. Say Dean, how about this: Let's have Chavo Classic defeat both Spike and Chavo J.R. in a triple threat to win the Title and really make that belt interesting.

Steph: You're a genious daddy.

Dean: But Vince, Chavo Classic is like 60 years old. He's not a believable champion.

Vince: You know Dean, remember when I hired you and gave you that big contract. Well that contract still sits in my desk and I can make it dissapear. So what's happening on Smackdown again Dean?

Dean: **sighs** Chavo Classic defeats Spike Dudley and Chavo J.R. to become the new champion.

Vince: I like how this man thinks. Give this man a pen and paper and let him shell out some more great ideas. Oh and Dean, if your idea doesn't work, IT'S YOUR ASS.

**Vince and Steph leave meeting.

Nowhere Man
05-20-2004, 04:27 PM
Um... they're spying on us dammit! Who the **** made that caption about Chavo Jr. not being happy his father was CW champ but supported him anyway??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

:D

:'(

That was me. Sorry, everyone. I had no idea that one joke could go so far.

Honestly, I'm really starting to think that WWE really wants people to stop watching Smackdown altogether. I have no idea why, but everything on that show has become utter shit. Eddie's WWE Champion, and that's awesome, but who's he feuding with? BRADSHAW?! The Cruiserweight division, once the pride and joy of the SD roster, is now in total shambles, stooping almost as low as Oklahoma. Booker T came out hot as a can't-miss guaranteed top heel, only to get murdered by the Undertaker. And if one no-selling supernatural hoss wasn't enough, now we have TWO!

So SD's ratings are awful, the PPV buyrates are abyssmal, the show is total shit, which means the company is losing money, and why? To make Raw look better? This isn't the Monday Night Wars, so why the f</>uck do we need to make one show completely inferior to the other?

Evolution
05-20-2004, 05:27 PM
Rep for you. I couldn't have put it better.

Hired Hitman
05-20-2004, 06:51 PM
poor Dean :'(

Wondermouse
05-20-2004, 07:23 PM
I can dig Chavo Classic as a champ, if it leads to a split between Los Chavos.

The Mackem
05-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Well all I've seen the line result so I'm not going to pass judgement until I actually see what happens.